BRADFORD was among approximately a dozen fire stations that responded to a blaze that fully engulfed a building in Savile Road, Castleford, in the early hours of this morning.

The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene at 1.28am today of the building fire which saw a 30 metre by 15 metre bathroom showroom 100 per cent involved in fire.

Firefighters used four large jets, four hose reel jets, an aerial appliance and two breathing apparatus sets  to extinguish the fire.

Just before 4am advice was issued to all local residents and businesses to keep all doors and windows closed while the fire service continued to deal with the incident.

Damping down was in progress this morning and the incident was scaled back at 7.30am.

Five fire engines and one aerial appliance remained at the scene at that time.

In addition to Bradford, Castleford, Normanton, Leeds, Killingbeck,  Featherstone, Rothwell, Morley, Garforth, Ossett and Mirfield fire Stations attended with a technical rescue unit, an aerial appliance and aerial support.