FIREFIGHTERS put out a dishwasher that was engulfed in flames in an incident at a Bramley home this afternoon.

Stanningley Fire Station were called at 3.30pm today to Parkville Place, Bramley, to a report of dishwasher on fire.

A spokesperson for Stanningley Fire Station said: "The dishwasher was in the kitchen when it started to smoke.

"The occupant unfastened it and managed to get it outside in the garden as it became fully engulfed in flames.

"The damage was limited to the dishwasher but no doubt the house could have be heavily smoke logged."