CHILD murderer Savannah Brockhill has been put in a separation unit in prison for her own safety, it has been reported.

Brockhill has been told she will spend at least the next 25 years in jail for the murder of 16-month-old Keighley toddler Star Hobson.

Brockhill was handed a life sentence at Bradford Crown Court for killing baby Star on September 22, 2020.

She is being held at HMP Styal, a Closed Category prison for female adults and young offenders in Cheshire.

The 28-year-old has apparently been put on an isolated wing of the jail to prevent other prisoners from harming her, according to a national newspaper.

One source reportedly told the Daily Mail that Brockhill would be the 'number one target' for some prisoners.

On Wednesday, Mrs Justice Christina Lambert QC sentenced Brockhill and Star’s mother Frankie Smith, 20, for their roles in the toddler’s death after the jury returned its verdicts yesterday.

Smith, who was cleared of murder and manslaughter but convicted of causing or allowing the death of her daughter, was handed an eight year prison sentence.

Mrs Justice Lambert told Brockhill: "You inflicted Star's fatal injuries, kicking or punching her causing a laceration to her inferior vena cava. Star bled to death.

"The physical injuries are only part of the tragic story of her life. She was treated with callous indifference by you both, and at times frank cruelty.

The judge told the pair: “(Star) was 16 months when she was murdered.

“Her short life was marked by neglect, cruelty and injury."

During the sentencing hearing, it emerged that Brockhill had three seizures and two cardiac arrests shortly before her trial began.

Kath Goddard QC, mitigating, told the court about Brockhill’s medical condition.

Two days before the trial was originally scheduled to start, Brockhill was taken to hospital having been found collapsed for more than an hour.

A discharge summary from the hospital she was sent to was presented to court, two days before trial. She was admitted on October 4 having been found face down having suffered some form of seizure for 80 minutes.

During her time in medical care she had three seizures and two cardiac arrests. CPR was performed.

Brockhill discharged herself from hospital against medical advice to not delay further this trial.

The court heard there had been no opportunity for the investigation into the cause of these seizures and cardiac arrests to take place.