A WOMAN has admitted grievous bodily harm after a collision which left a man with serious injuries.

Kerry-Jo Spencer, 27, of Watty Hall, Road, Wibsey, pleaded guilty to grievous bodily harm in relation to the incident in Fairway, Wibsey, in April this year.

Her victim, Shaun Fuller, was left fighting for his life, having sustained a serious head injury and broken leg in the incident.

Appearing at Bradford Crown Court on Monday, November 22, she also admitted causing him actual bodily harm in an separate incident earlier in the day.

But a charge of driving a grey Ford Focus dangerously on Fairway on April 12, was left to lie on file.

Spencer had also been facing an attempted murder charge, which was quashed.

Judge Ahmed Nadim adjourned the case for a pre-sentence report to be prepared, but not before warning Spencer she faced a "substantial" prison sentence.

He added: "The question is, how long?"

The sentencing hearing is scheduled to take place in January.

Spencer had originally been charged with unlawfully and maliciously wounding Mr Fuller with intent to do him grievous bodily harm, but pleaded guilty on what would have been the day of trial to the lesser charge.

In her first appearance before the Bradford court in May, Prosecutor Michael Smith said Mr Fuller sustained a serious head injury and a broken leg in the incident.

Her trial was fixed to start on November 22 with a timescale of up to three days. At the time, the judge refused an application for bail and Spencer was remanded back into custody.

The Telegraph & Argus reported at the time that the police were called to Fairway, off Beacon Road, Wibsey, at around 11.10pm, on Monday, April 12, to reports of a man being injured.

A man had been left fighting for his life in hospital following a late-night incident on the residential street.

A statement issued by West Yorkshire Police at the time said: “There are reports of a gathering at a house on the Fairway and then an argument outside the address and then a man was hit by a car, which then fled the scene.

“Emergency services and ambulance attended the scene and found a man in his 20s with serious injuries,” said a police spokesperson.

“He was rushed to hospital for emergency treatment and he remains there in a critical condition."