A 23-YEAR-OLD man made his first appearance before a court yesterday charged with murder after the death of a teenager in a crash last week.

Rahees Mahmood, who was aged 18, died after a collision involving a quad-bike and car on Broadstone Way, Holme Wood, Bradford, last Thursday, June 3.

Police launched a murder investigation the following day and have arrested six people in total.

This morning, the force revealed that Jordan Glover, 23, of Thorpe Edge in Bradford, had been charged with murder in relation to the death of Mr Mahmood.

Read more about that here...

Police have also charged Glover with unlawful and malicious wounding in relation to the same incident.

Following his arrest, Glover had been remanded in custody to appear before Bradford Magistrates’ Court.

During today’s hearing, the case was sent to Bradford Crown Court, with Glover due to appear at the higher court next Monday, June 14.

There was no indication of how Glover will plead.

West Yorkshire Police were called to Broadstone Way at 4.09pm last Thursday and found Mr Mahmood, who had been a passenger on a quad-bike, with a serious head injury.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the quad-bike, a 19-year-old male, was taken to hospital following the collision and was said to be in a serious but stable condition.

Police first arrested two people in connection with the murder investigation last Friday, before detaining a further two individuals on the Saturday.

All four were released under investigation.

On Monday this week, police made their fifth and sixth arrests, one of which was Glover.

Mr Mahmood’s family also spoke of their “total devastation” earlier this week, after their house was “deliberately damaged” just days after their son’s death.

They pleaded for peace to mourn Mr Mahmood following the attack on the morning of Saturday, June 5, where a window at the family home was smashed.

Nobody was at home at the time but Detective Chief Inspector Tony Nicholson, who is leading the murder investigation, said police believed the attack was “deliberate”.

A statement from the family said: “Everyone that knew Rahees is in total devastation.

“We are trying to mourn his death and ask for peace to do so and the mindless behaviour to stop.

“Rahees had a heart of gold and was loved by everyone that knew him.

“This shows in our community by the way everyone is pulling together and going above and beyond to do fundraising in his name.

“We thank everyone for their kindness and support in this tragic time.

“It is a big help to know that he was loved and respected in abundance.”

Detective Chief Inspector Nicholson said: “It is disgraceful that a family still mourning the death of their young son, are having to put up with damage being caused to their property just days after his life was cruelly taken.

“We believe the attack on the property was deliberate and are thankful that they were not at home when it occurred.

Murder is an indictable-only offence crimes - meaning it can only be dealt with at a crown court. As in this case, a suspect will appear at a magistrates’ court for a preliminary hearing.