A FIRE crew is still at the scene of a blaze that ripped through a flat above an electrical shop in Bradford overnight.

West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service (WYFRS) was called to the Doors Electrical & Hardware store building on Fagley Road, at around 9.56pm last night.

Crews from five fire stations rushed to the scene, including Bradford, Shipley, Fairweather Green, Stanningley and Leeds.

Read more about that here...

The entirety of the accommodation above the electrical shop was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived and five additional properties had to be cleared of smoke.

An aerial appliance from Leeds Fire Station had to be used to strip the roof off the flat, in order to tackle the fire.

A spokesperson from Shipley Fire Station confirmed this morning that there were no injuries, as no one was in the flat at the time of the fire.

But they added that a crew was still at the scene at around 7.45am today and they were relieved by firefighters from Bradford at 8am.

The crews are checking for hotspots and dampening down the blaze.

The flat was badly damaged in the fire and left completely blackened.

A large pile of debris has been cleared and left outside the premises.