PEOPLE are being warned to make sure they check the utilities in their homes after a gas leak. 

Firefighters were called to Dimples Lane, East Morton, at around 9pm last night. 

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said utilities at the property were old and there had been a gas leak following a malfunction. 

Gas and electric engineers were called to the scene and firefighters helped to make the property safe and cleared it of any remaining gas. 

The spokesman urged people to get their utilities checked regularly, or updated, if they are old.