Firefighters tackled a blaze in a house at Horsforth today.

Crews from Rawdon, Cookridge and Leeds were called to the fire in a property on Broadway shortly before midday. An aerial appliance was also sent from Leeds.

A spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “We got a call at 11.28am to reports of a fire at Broadway in Horsforth.

“We sent three fire engines, from Rawdon, Cookridge and Leeds, and we also sent our aerial appliance from Leeds.”

“We attended the scene and put out the fire and damped it down.”

She said there were no reports of any injuries and no-one was rescued.

Two crews remained at the scene after the fire was out to continue damping it down.

The house was seriously damaged in the blaze, which left a burnt out roof and upstairs window.

According to a neighbour dogs were rescued from house by a passer-by soon after the blaze had started.

It is understood the alarm was raised when smoke was seen coming from the chimneys and windows. The fire was extinguished by 1pm and firefighters were still damping down at the scene at 2.40pm.