FIREFIGHTERS had to tackle a fire in a garage workshop containing propane cylinders earlier today.

North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service (NYFRS) was called to the blaze in a domestic garage, in the Crosshills area, at around 1:01pm.

Crews from both Keighley Fire Station and Skipton Fire Station attended.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze using two breathing apparatus and two hosereel jets.

A spokesperson for NYFRS said: "All persons were accounted for."

They added that the fire was caused by a faulty gas connection.