A JURY has found two men guilty of kidnap and assault after a father-of-six was ordered into a car outside his Bradford home.

After just over four hours of deliberation, the jury at Bradford Crown Court returned unanimous guilty verdicts yesterday afternoon against Ghufran Khalid, 40, and 28-year-old Paul Serrant at the end of a four-day trial.

Serrant was also convicted of threatening another with an offensive weapon, but Khalid was cleared on that allegation.

The pair, who both live in Withins Close, Great Horton, were also found not guilty of blackmailing the complainant Ataf Ali.

Khalid was not present in the dock when the jury returned their verdicts because he was unwell.

Recorder Patrick Palmer said both men would have to be sentenced together on a date yet to be fixed.

“Paul Michael Serrant you have been convicted by the jury and I’m going to adjourn your case,” said the judge.

“I don’t know the next date. You will be told the date in due course.

"In the meantime you are remanded in custody.”

During their police interviews, both defendants denied involvement in the attack on Mr Ali which began outside his house in Lidget Green on November 1 last year.

The jury heard at the start of the trial that he had been sitting in his own car when he was ordered into a distinctive white Mercedes car and assaulted before he was able to make a run for it.

Prosecutor Gerald Hendron told the jury that Mr Ali was driven off and assaulted because he was said to have facilitated an affair by giving a friend a lift to Leeds.

Mr Ali, 37, told the court earlier in the week that Khalid demanded to know why he had given his wife a lift.

He said he told them: "I just gave them a lift. What have I done wrong?”

Mr Ali described being punched in the side of the head from behind and being choked with a seat belt.

In his interview Khalid said Mr Ali’s account was “a blatant, straight lie” and insisted that the allegations were “a set up” relating to on-going issues with Imran Sajwal and others.

Khalid said he had been at home at the time of the alleged kidnapping and he denied driving the Mercedes that night.

Serrant also told detectives that he was at home that night before being dropped off at Trafalgar House police station by his sister.

“It’s nowt to do with me. 100 per cent,” he said.

“I were at home all the time this happened.”