A GIRL aged 18 died this morning after overdosing on drugs while at a nightclub, police have announced.

The girl had collapsed at The Warehouse nightclub in Leeds, and was taken to Leeds General Infirmary by ambulance at around 3.18am.

She was pronounced dead a short time later.

A 19-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the supply of Class A drugs and remains in police custody at this time.

Detective Inspector Amanda Wimbles of Leeds CID, said: “Taking illegal substances is incredibly dangerous and I would urge anyone considering doing so to think twice before doing so.

“We are supporting the family of the deceased.”

Her death comes just two days after a 17-year-old girl also died from a drugs overdose at Leeds Festival, held at Bramham Park.