Two men received prison sentences totalling 15 years for a carrying out a “ferocious and vicious” punishment beating at a Bradford takeaway.

Kamran Ahmed, 30, was jailed for eight years and Mohammed Hamza was locked up for seven years after they ambushed their victim in the Madina Roti House and Pizza Bar in Toller Lane on March 9.

Ahmed, of Girlington Road, Bradford, stamped repeatedly on Khalid Khan’s head in the restaurant kitchen, Bradford Crown Court heard.

Hamza, of Fairbank Road, Girlington, struck Mr Khan twice on the head with a metal soup ladle and punched him.

Both men pleaded guilty to causing Mr Khan grievous bodily harm with intent.

Prosecutor David Gordon told the court that Mr Khan, a window fitter, had called at the restaurant for breakfast when he was set upon.

Hamza, known as Mitch, confronted him near the service counter, saying: “Come here.”

Mr Khan backed off and sought refuge in the kitchen. The defendants followed him, despite the efforts of the staff to keep them out.

Ahmed then punched Mr Khan and Hamza picked up the ladle and struck him twice on the head.

Mr Khan was bundled over to the cellar steps where Ahmed stamped on his head at least ten times, saying: “Don’t f*** with me.”

Mr Khan spent two days in hospital following the attack. He suffered a fractured eye socket, multiple jaw fractures and bruising to the back of his head. He had an operation to insert metal plates in his jaw and he needed four teeth removing.

Ahmed and Hamza were identified by the police on CCTV footage from the restaurant.

In his victim personal statement, Mr Khan said he had lost all feeling in his chin. He couldn’t eat solid food and he was not sleeping. He was in constant pain and could not work or socialise.

Mr Gordon said it was a joint enterprise assault.

“The event does have the feel of an ambush,” he said.

“It seems to be some kind of punishment beating but what the background is, we will never know.”

Judge David Hatton QC said: “What this was all about, I do not know, and in many ways, it doesn’t matter because it is what happened in those premises that matters, rather than the reasons for it.”

Judge Hatton said it was a premeditated “ferocious and vicious attack.”

Mr Khan was struck with fists, hit on the head twice with a metal ladle, and kicked and stamped upon.

A VIOLENT criminal who stabbed a man at a Bradford drug den was jailed for six years.

Tony Golec, who has a string of convictions for assault and wounding, struck Satnam Panesar with a rock before knifing him under his left arm, Bradford Crown Court heard.

Mr Panesar crawled from The Hut, a derelict building used by drug addicts, on to nearby Thornton Road in Bradford and was discovered lying bleeding on the ground.

Prosecutor Alisha Kaye said that he was taken to Leeds General Infirmary but he refused to make a statement about what had happened to him.

The following day, Golec was arrested for an unrelated matter and said to a police officer: “I stabbed somebody yesterday. Is he dead?”

Golec, 41, previously of Weller Close, West Bowling, Bradford, was sentenced on a video link to Leeds Prison.

He pleaded guilty to unlawfully and maliciously wounding Mr Panesar with intent to do with grievous bodily harm on April 13, possession of a bladed article and stealing Mr Panesar’s bank card and £30 cash.

Miss Kaye said that Golec told the police he and Mr Panesar went to The Hut, behind the NCP car park, to take drugs.

Golec said that Mr Panesar was annoying him, so he picked up a rock and hit him on the back of the head with it. He then took his legs from under him so that he fell to the ground.

Golec pinned him down with his knee and put a knife to his neck.

Mr Panesar got to his feet and swung at Golec who stabbed him.

Miss Kaye said that Mr Panesar begged for his life before Golec made off with his bag containing the bank card and money.

The Recorder of Bradford, Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC, sentenced Golec to six years imprisonment with a five-year extended licence period.

A MAN caught with a £16,000 stash of drugs stored at his Bradford home was jailed for two and a half years.

Amir Zakryah’s then address at Kenmore Drive, Wibsey, was searched by the police acting on information, Bradford Crown Court heard.

Officers seized cannabis worth £15,500, along with £546 worth of cocaine, £334 of heroin and £251 of MDMA or Ecstasy.

Prosecutor Paul Nicholson told the court that Zakryah claimed to have found the drugs in a snicket and taken them home.

He pleaded guilty at Bradford and Keighley Magistrates Court to possession with intent to supply cannabis, cocaine, heroin and Ecstasy on July 9 last year.

Mr Nicholson said that the police discovered latex gloves and digital scales with the cache of drugs. There was also £400 in banknotes at the house.

Zakryah, 28, now of Fairway, Wibsey, had no previous convictions for drugs offences. His only conviction was for dangerous driving when he was jailed for six months by the magistrates in October last year.

A MAN who knocked a taxi driver unconscious and broke his arm in a sustained assault was jailed for 20 months.

Liam Makin, 24, jumped bail and fled to Scotland after attacking Nasir Hussain outside Tesco Express on Otley Road, Bradford, in broad daylight on September 22, 2017.

Makin, of Peel House, Crosley Wood Road, Bingley, pleaded guilty to causing criminal damage and assaulting Mr Hussain occasioning him actual bodily harm.

Prosecutor Gareth Henderson-Moore told Bradford Crown Court that Makin and a co-accused male, who was not before the court, struck Mr Hussain on the head in his vehicle after an argument.

When he tried to escape by running into the Tesco store, he was dragged to the ground and Makin was caught on CCTV kicking him.

Mr Henderson-Moore said that Mr Hussain sustained head injuries, a fractured arm and bruising to his body. He was knocked out by his assailants and still needed physiotherapy on his arm.

The court heard that Mr Hussain at first thought of quitting his job following the assault. He had carried on working as a taxi driver, but he was now concerned and fearful for his safety.

Makin had 35 convictions for 53 offences, including assaulting a police officer, robbery, burglary and theft.

While he was on the run, he was jailed for 18 months in Scotland for housebreaking and stealing a car. His earliest release date from that sentence was May next year.

Makin was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for attacking Mr Hussain and two months custody to run consecutively for the Bail Act offence.

AN “infatuated” married man who sexually abused a 13-year-old girl in his Audi car on Baildon Moor was jailed for six years.

Farooq Miah, 29, groomed and manipulated the child, buying her a bracelet, drinks and ice cream and isolating her from family and friends, Bradford Crown Court heard.

When concerns about the “relationship” were reported on a trafficking website, Miah told his victim to lie to the police, prosecutor Gerald Hendron said.

The child at first denied that Miah, of Grosvenor Road, Manningham, Bradford, had abused her and tried to conceal her phone from investigating officers.

She then disclosed that he had met her late at night in McDonalds in Forster Square, Bradford, and taken her in his Audi on to Baildon Moor.

He bought ice cream and drinks and they smoked cigarettes. Miah began by touching her indecently and progressed to having oral sex with her, Mr Hendron said.

He took a video on the girl’s phone of her performing a sex act on him.

It was found by the police, along with the 996 calls and texts between Miah and the child.

Miah pleaded guilty to eight charges of sexual activity with a child and a single count of making an indecent image.

He was 28 at the time and the girl was aged 13 to 14, the court was told.

The girl said in her victim impact statement that she believed at the time that Miah was in love with her.

She had since been depressed and self-harming and felt isolated from her friends and family.

Miah’s barrister, Taryn Turner, said he had pleaded guilty to all the offences and been held in custody since June 7.

She conceded: “This is a bad business and it is accepted that it must be marked with an immediately effective custodial sentence.”

Mrs Turner said that Miah was a married man whose wife was expecting their child.

“He had an infatuation for this young girl and that led to this appalling series of offences against her,” she said.

The Recorder of Bradford, Judge Jonathan Durham Hall QC, said Miah seduced a 13-year-old girl. He knew her age and solicited her affections with grooming and manipulation.

Miah must sign on the sex offender register indefinitely and the judge made a Sexual Harm Prevention Order until further order.

AN “EVIL” paedophile who threatened to run over one of his terrified victims if she told on him was jailed for 14 years.

Frederick Denton slammed the door to the cells in rage when he was escorted from the dock by security staff at Bradford Crown Court.

Denton, 63, was convicted by a jury after a two-week trial of four charges of indecent assault and one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm involving the abuse of two girls in Bradford.

The offences spanned a period between the mid-1980s and the mid-1990s, prosecutor Stephen Wood said.

He asked Judge Neil Davey QC to return formal not guilty verdicts on three offences of rape that the jury was unable to agree verdicts on.

A GREAT-GRANDAD aged 76 must spend at least 14 years behind bars for murdering his dementia-suffering wife by beating her to death with a rolling pin and a walking stick.

Edward Henderson Small, known as Hendy, will be almost 90 when he is released from prison after killing his wife, Sheila, at their home in Raymond Drive, West Bowling, Bradford, on December 17.

Small, a retired engineer, was jailed for life at Bradford Crown Court. He will spend a minimum of 13 years and 125 days in prison, taking into account the time he was locked up on remand.

He was convicted by a jury of murdering Mrs Small, 73, his wife of more than 50 years.

Judge Neil Davey QC said that Small’s pride and sense of duty prevented him seeking help with his wife, who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease in 2015.

Small found his role as her full-time carer increasingly burdensome and frustrating but he declined help from Social Services, asking only for assistance with the ironing.

Judge Davey said that Small felt resentment about his situation, but he would not have killed Sheila that night if he had not been drinking.

“That was the catalyst for the attack. It wasn’t a sudden flare of temper. Your frustration boiled over into physical violence and you beat her to death,” he said.

Mrs Small, a former nurse, sustained numerous fractures and 20 injuries to her head.

She was very vulnerable, just 4ft 11ins tall and weighing under nine stone, Judge Davey said.

“She endured a significant amount of physical suffering before her death,” he told Small.

Judge Davey concurred with the prosecution and defence barristers, and members of the defendant’s family, that Small did not intend to kill his wife.

“You could no longer cope. You were at the end of your tether,” the judge said.