COOKING debris caused a kitchen fire in Baildon earlier this evening.

Firefighters were called to Glenwood Avenue at around 5.15pm, where heat from a hot plate set fire to some old residue from previous cooking. 

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said a female suffered a light burn to her hand while putting the fire out.

The ambulance service was also called. 

The fire service highlighted the importance of keeping kitchen equipment clean to prevent fires like this from happening.