Firefighters took to Hammerton Street in the early hours of morning to put out a "smoke-logged" building.

Crews from Bradford and Shipley tackled the building fire - later found to be the work of a faulty fridge.

Richard Driver, watch commander for Shipley, said the sprinkler system "saved the building" by keeping the blaze inside.

The fireman, who got the call out shortly after 3am, said: "The message would be that this incident has demonstrated the advantages of sprinklers.

"The building was heavily smoke-logged".