Fire crews had a late night call out to a house fire after a faulty laptop set the living room ablaze.

Two engines from Bradford and Shipley headed to Woodhall Road but luckily residents had already evacuated on their arrival.

The house was left with smoke damage and the lounge is now "badly damaged". 

In a fire safety message, Richard Driver, watch commander at Shipley Fire Station, said: "People always need to make sure they've got smoke alarms and, when they're charging any electronics, don't leave it unattended.

"Don't leave it on overnight and make sure you switch it off before you go to bed."