TWO people were taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire.

Firefighters from Shipley and Bradford were called to Bolton Hall Road, Wrose, at around 1.50am this morning.

A West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesperson said it's thought the fire was caused by a fridge. 

Smoke alarms in the property were working and woke the occupants of the house up and they managed to get out. 

Firefighters used two hose reels and four breathing apparatus at the scene and were there for around two hours.