FIREFIGHTERS from Bradford were called to a takeaway in the city last night to reports of a fire caused by a deep fat fryer.

Two crews from Bradford fire station attended the incident in Park Road, Little Horton, at 7.33pm yesterday.

Upon arrival, crews found the fire, which had involved a deep fat fryer, was extinguished.

However, there was a lot of smoke damage and superficial damage to electrics in the food outlet, which had to be cleared by the fire service.

One man had also suffered burns to his hands attempting to tackle the fire, and was treated at the scene by paramedics, but did not require hospital treatment.