A FIRE broke out at a house in Queensbury last night.

Firefighters from Fairweather Green and Illingworth were called to Hillcrest Road at around 9pm.

A spokesman for West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said a pile of clothing had caught fire from a cooker being turned on accidentally. 

The spokesman added that a dryer was also involved in the blaze and the occupants were out of the house before fire crews arrived.

He said there were no smoke alarms in the property, so firefighters fit some while there and would be working in the area to fit some more.

A hose reel and breathing apparatus sets were used at the scene and firefighters left at around 10pm.