WORKERS at a busy Bradford freight company had to be evacuated from a depot when a van containing gas cylinders burst into flames.

Firefighters set up a 200m safety cordon after putting out the van fire in a yard at Redhead Freight in Dealburn Road, Low Moor.

The business was disrupted for around three hours while two gas cylinders in the van were allowed to cool down.

The fire gutted the van at around 1.30pm today.

A fire service spokesman said around 50 workers had to be moved from the scene for their own safety.

Two fire engines from Bradford station dealt with the incident.

One of the cylinders was oxygen, the other acetylene, an extremely flammable gas.

The Transit van fire was caused by a fault.

No-one was available to comment from the freight company, which is part of Redhead International.

"They are too busy trying to catch up," said one employee.