A VERDICT of accidental death was today recorded at an inquest into the death of a Bradford estate agent who suffered an allergic reaction to hair dye.

Julie McCabe, 38, collapsed at her home in Cowling, near Keighley, in October 2011, after colouring her hair.

The married mum-of-two went into a coma and died a year later at a specialist unit in Birmingham.

Recording his verdict at the conclusion of hearing in Skipton, Coroner Geoff Fell said Mrs McCabe suffered an "accidental death due to a rare but known potential adverse reaction to hair dye which caused her to have brain damage due to anaphylaxis".

He said: "Julie McCabe died as a result of an adverse reaction to a chemical component in hair dye. That component PPD is recognised as an extremely potent allergen.

"Julie and her treating GPs were aware of her long standing allergy going back to at least 2005."