A man accused of the murder of PC Sharon Beshenivsky has told how the barrels of two guns were filed following an armed robbery at a Bradford travel agents.

Faisal Razzaq also claimed the weapons, a Mac-10 sub-machine gun and a 9mm pistol and silencer, were later sold by another defendant.

Razzaq told the murder trial jury at Newcastle Crown Court yesterday that after the robbery at Universal Express in Morley Street, Bradford, during which PC Beshenivsky was shot dead, Muzzaker Shah and Yusuf Jamma produced the guns and put them on a bed at the hostel in Harehills Lane, Leeds.

He said Raza Ul-Haq Aslam and Francois Baron, who was not involved in the robbery, were told to file the barrels by Uncle Pete - Piran Ditta Khan. Razzaq said: "Uncle was barking orders. He said You file'. He chose people to do it."

He said everyone went crazy when a TV news broadcast said two police officers had been shot and one was dead and the other critically wounded. "I said to Shah Did you shoot a police officer?' He said that Yusuf Jamma had."

Razzaq said that after they got back to the house he and Aslam went to see what was going on and everybody was "in panic, scared, nervous and shaking".

He added: "Once I saw that news thing I was swearing as well. I was telling everyone to get out of my house."

He said Shah, Yusuf Jamma, Uncle Pete and his brother all left the house and he assumed that the guns had been taken with them. He said Baron drove Mustaf Jamma to the coach station. The next day he told his manager Sheikh Ahmed what had happened and was sacked, and that night a friend took him to London. But he said before he left Baron told him the guns were in the basement of the nearby Caradon Estates property in Roundhay Place.

Razzaq spoke to Aslam about it and was told by Aslam that he had put the guns there. Razzaq denied having anything to do with the transportation of the weapons elsewhere and claimed Aslam told him he had sold them on the orders of Shah to a buyer who wanted them brought to Birmingham.

He said Aslam told him he put them in his car, then pulled out a water pipe, called the RAC and had the car towed to Birmingham with the guns in it and Razzaq in the rescue truck.

Razzaq said that on Friday, November 18, he had slept all morning and had not seen the Jammas and Shah change into smart clothing. He had no knowledge of guns being produced that morning.

The trial continues on Monday.