Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Yorkshire Landscapes Competition
Today the Telegraph & Argus is launching a fantastic opportunity for keen photographers to showcase their pictures of our great county of Yorkshire.
And we have teamed up with the Panasonic Store, in Darley Street, Bradford, to offer the winners of our Yorkshire Landscapes photographic competition some amazing prizes.
The best shortlisted entries will be featured in a special supplement in the Telegraph & Argus and many of them will go on to be included in a Yorkshire Landscapes hardback book to go on sale later this year.
And it doesn’t end there because we’re also going to choose a dozen readers’ pictures to feature in a T&A Yorkshire Landscapes 2011 calendar!
There can be no better way for keen photographers to show off their talents and their love of “God’s Own County”.
In association with Bradford’s Panasonic Store we are offering the winner the chance to take home a superb award-winning Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 digital camera kit, with both a standard and a zoom lens, worth around £1,000, as shown by Kully Johal.
And two runners-up will each receive a fabulous Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 worth £300.
All we want you to do is take a picture of a favourite or beautiful or interesting landscape anywhere in Yorkshire and send it in to us, either in digital form or as hard copy prints. You can send a maximum of three entries per person.
We’ll need your name, your address, a daytime contact telephone number and a caption telling when and where the picture was taken.
Please read the competition entry rules carefully before you submit an image.
Entries must be received by us by 12 noon on Monday, September 6.
Some pictures will be featured in the T&A as the entries come in to encourage others to enter and a panel of judges, led by the editor, Perry Austin-Clarke, will draw up a shortlist shortly after the closing date.
We think this is an unbeatable way to highlight both your photographic talents and the glory that is Yorkshire so get those entries rolling in!
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
First prize: The DMC-GH1 won the Digital Camera Magazine Editor’s Choice Award in autumn last year and the Gold Award from What Digital Camera in September. It’s specification includes:
- LUMIX G Micro System - Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera.
- Full-HD movie recording in AVC-HD format.
- High image quality with 12.1-megapixel Live MOS sensor and Venus Engine HD.
- New high-performance kit lens for outstanding HD movies LUMIX G VARIO HD 14-140mm/F4.0-5.8 ASPH./MEGA O.I.S.
- Creative Movie mode to enjoy the freedom of manual settings.
- iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode with Face Recognition and Contrast AF system.
Runners-up prizes: The DMC-TZ10 was Highly Recommended by What Digital Camera in May this year. It includes:
- LUMIX Super Zoom Digital Camera.
- 12.1 megapixel, 25mm Wide-angle 12x Optical Zoom with LEICA DC Lens.
- Intelligent Resolution Technology and 16x Intelligent Zoom.
- HD Movie in AVC-HD Lite and HDMI Compatibility.
- Travel Mode with GPS for Easy Organising Images of Travel.