Stefan Ratchford puts Bradford Bulls to sword

 

Warrington 50, Bulls 22

Stefan Ratchford claimed a four-try haul as the Bulls slipped to a heavy defeat at Warrington in their first outing since being docked six points.

The England full-back scored two of his side’s six first-half tries and then scored twice again in the final quarter of the match.

The Bulls were badly exposed during the opening 40 minutes as Joel Monaghan’s early try laid the platform for their victory.

It was soon added to by Richie Myler and Chris Riley before Ratchford struck twice either side of a score from Simon Grix.

Danny Addy pulled back a try for Bradford on the stroke of half-time and was on target again shortly after the restart.

A fine effort from Elliott Whitehead cut Warrington’s lead to 16 points but further tries from former Bulls forward David Solomona and Ratchford’s third and fourth tries confirmed the Wolves’ superiority.


The Bulls, to their credit, refused to throw in the towel and Karl Pryce’s late try confirmed as much.
 

Comments (51)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:57pm Sun 29 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

Oops :-) lets hope that guy who packed his pies enjoyed them as he wont have enjoyed the game much. Just shows championship level should suit bulls.
Oops :-) lets hope that guy who packed his pies enjoyed them as he wont have enjoyed the game much. Just shows championship level should suit bulls. scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

5:49pm Sun 29 Jul 12

nosher says...

You told me you was "doing one" for a while, following yesterdays troubles
You told me you was "doing one" for a while, following yesterdays troubles nosher
  • Score: 0

6:12pm Sun 29 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

I dont even know you Nosher so why would I ? Jog on .
I dont even know you Nosher so why would I ? Jog on . scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

6:30pm Sun 29 Jul 12

BCFC1234 says...

first time i heard the term jog on was in the riots last year,all the council estate scum
first time i heard the term jog on was in the riots last year,all the council estate scum BCFC1234
  • Score: 0

6:41pm Sun 29 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

As my mate expat would say do you have evidence of this ?
As my mate expat would say do you have evidence of this ? scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

6:51pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Anti-Firm says...

Unfortunate trolling don't respond..
Unfortunate trolling don't respond.. Anti-Firm
  • Score: 0

7:20pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

How many Bulls fans turned up today to take advantage of the Warrington deal to give the proceeds from away support back?
How many Bulls fans turned up today to take advantage of the Warrington deal to give the proceeds from away support back? Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

7:28pm Sun 29 Jul 12

bradfordbronco says...

i was at the game and enjoyed it despite the result. Better than sitting at home writing rubbish about something i dont even to care about. Get a life you nerd. Have you thought of taking up train spotting? or does that take you away from your beloved computer. What a loser you really are. PS dont bother replying i wont reply to you as its what you want. You sad nerd.
i was at the game and enjoyed it despite the result. Better than sitting at home writing rubbish about something i dont even to care about. Get a life you nerd. Have you thought of taking up train spotting? or does that take you away from your beloved computer. What a loser you really are. PS dont bother replying i wont reply to you as its what you want. You sad nerd. bradfordbronco
  • Score: 0

7:30pm Sun 29 Jul 12

BirchLane-1964 says...

Reckon only about 7 or 800 there today from bulls but made more noise than the home side despite a poor first half performance.
Quality side the wolves and deserved the win although how on earth Solomonas try was given is beyond me!!
Reckon only about 7 or 800 there today from bulls but made more noise than the home side despite a poor first half performance. Quality side the wolves and deserved the win although how on earth Solomonas try was given is beyond me!! BirchLane-1964
  • Score: 0

7:34pm Sun 29 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

A bit touchy tonight these lot TVOR it must be because Halifax won today in the final and could be replacing them in Super League ?
As for you Nosher you could be right about me leaving this site it is full of moaning buggers who have forgot what banter is all about and they have the nerve to call the Leeds Rhinos Whinos.
I think Viking Thamus 62 might come on to beg me not to leave though.
A bit touchy tonight these lot TVOR it must be because Halifax won today in the final and could be replacing them in Super League ? As for you Nosher you could be right about me leaving this site it is full of moaning buggers who have forgot what banter is all about and they have the nerve to call the Leeds Rhinos Whinos. I think Viking Thamus 62 might come on to beg me not to leave though. scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

7:37pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Well that should net them about 10-15k in gate money it thats how many turned up.

Shame the game was all but over by half time Warrington realistically aren't the kind of team many clubs will take points off at their place.
Well that should net them about 10-15k in gate money it thats how many turned up. Shame the game was all but over by half time Warrington realistically aren't the kind of team many clubs will take points off at their place. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

7:38pm Sun 29 Jul 12

bradfordbronco says...

Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen bradfordbronco
  • Score: 0

7:51pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen[/p][/quote]In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

8:01pm Sun 29 Jul 12

bradfordbronco says...

think i meant refereeing decisions.
think i meant refereeing decisions. bradfordbronco
  • Score: 0

8:20pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
think i meant refereeing decisions.
The try at the millenium stadium as time expired against Leeds is the worst decision ever.
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: think i meant refereeing decisions.[/p][/quote]The try at the millenium stadium as time expired against Leeds is the worst decision ever. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

8:45pm Sun 29 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

The best decision ever
The best decision ever scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

9:19pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Correctness says...

Failed again, predicted a defeat by forty points. Bulls are a shambles both on and off the field.
Failed again, predicted a defeat by forty points. Bulls are a shambles both on and off the field. Correctness
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Sun 29 Jul 12

beardedclam says...

The sooner this joke of a club is wound up the better! It's becoming embarrassing now!
The sooner this joke of a club is wound up the better! It's becoming embarrassing now! beardedclam
  • Score: 0

11:08pm Sun 29 Jul 12

bradfordbronco says...

formed in 1863. the fourth oldest Rugby club in the world. forty odd years before any soccer club was started in west yorkshire. 8 years before the rugby union was even formed. we were one of the 1st members of the RFU. We were founder members of the northern union. Founder members of super League. The oldest RL club in the world. We've got proud history to match any other football club of any code in the world. If we are embarassing you why dont you just p*** off & find something else to do rather than comment on somethiing thats got nothing to do with you.

This club has a history worth fighting for purely for the past achievements of great players such as trevor foster who are sadly no longer with us. If this causes some computer nerd to be embarrased then its just tough s**t.
formed in 1863. the fourth oldest Rugby club in the world. forty odd years before any soccer club was started in west yorkshire. 8 years before the rugby union was even formed. we were one of the 1st members of the RFU. We were founder members of the northern union. Founder members of super League. The oldest RL club in the world. We've got proud history to match any other football club of any code in the world. If we are embarassing you why dont you just p*** off & find something else to do rather than comment on somethiing thats got nothing to do with you. This club has a history worth fighting for purely for the past achievements of great players such as trevor foster who are sadly no longer with us. If this causes some computer nerd to be embarrased then its just tough s**t. bradfordbronco
  • Score: 0

11:42pm Sun 29 Jul 12

Mr Capp says...

Mick Potter: I've spoken to the people behind both bids. I'm hopeful and optimistic that things will reach a positive conclusion soon.
Mick Potter: I've spoken to the people behind both bids. I'm hopeful and optimistic that things will reach a positive conclusion soon. Mr Capp
  • Score: 0

11:54pm Sun 29 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

Course you have :-p
Course you have :-p scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

12:03am Mon 30 Jul 12

Shelfrhino says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
formed in 1863. the fourth oldest Rugby club in the world. forty odd years before any soccer club was started in west yorkshire. 8 years before the rugby union was even formed. we were one of the 1st members of the RFU. We were founder members of the northern union. Founder members of super League. The oldest RL club in the world. We've got proud history to match any other football club of any code in the world. If we are embarassing you why dont you just p*** off & find something else to do rather than comment on somethiing thats got nothing to do with you.

This club has a history worth fighting for purely for the past achievements of great players such as trevor foster who are sadly no longer with us. If this causes some computer nerd to be embarrased then its just tough s**t.
Hola,
Your club was formed on the 20th July 1964.
Hope this helps.
Adios.
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: formed in 1863. the fourth oldest Rugby club in the world. forty odd years before any soccer club was started in west yorkshire. 8 years before the rugby union was even formed. we were one of the 1st members of the RFU. We were founder members of the northern union. Founder members of super League. The oldest RL club in the world. We've got proud history to match any other football club of any code in the world. If we are embarassing you why dont you just p*** off & find something else to do rather than comment on somethiing thats got nothing to do with you. This club has a history worth fighting for purely for the past achievements of great players such as trevor foster who are sadly no longer with us. If this causes some computer nerd to be embarrased then its just tough s**t.[/p][/quote]Hola, Your club was formed on the 20th July 1964. Hope this helps. Adios. Shelfrhino
  • Score: 0

12:19am Mon 30 Jul 12

raisemeup says...

Correctness wrote:
Failed again, predicted a defeat by forty points. Bulls are a shambles both on and off the field.
correction- correctness.

the difference between 50 and 22 is 28.
Your maths is as predictable as your IQ.
Incorrect and hovering around 22, on a good day that is.
[quote][p][bold]Correctness[/bold] wrote: Failed again, predicted a defeat by forty points. Bulls are a shambles both on and off the field.[/p][/quote]correction- correctness. the difference between 50 and 22 is 28. Your maths is as predictable as your IQ. Incorrect and hovering around 22, on a good day that is. raisemeup
  • Score: 0

12:28am Mon 30 Jul 12

raisemeup says...

raisemeup wrote:
Correctness wrote:
Failed again, predicted a defeat by forty points. Bulls are a shambles both on and off the field.
correction- correctness.

the difference between 50 and 22 is 28.
Your maths is as predictable as your IQ.
Incorrect and hovering around 22, on a good day that is.
Sorry you meant you had failed again didn't you??

You are right there!!
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Correctness[/bold] wrote: Failed again, predicted a defeat by forty points. Bulls are a shambles both on and off the field.[/p][/quote]correction- correctness. the difference between 50 and 22 is 28. Your maths is as predictable as your IQ. Incorrect and hovering around 22, on a good day that is.[/p][/quote]Sorry you meant you had failed again didn't you?? You are right there!! raisemeup
  • Score: 0

12:35am Mon 30 Jul 12

lonniejockstrap says...

ALL Trolls crave attention. That is the sole reason they exist, they want just a little attention in their direction.Without attention, Trolls are nothing. They have no audience, and no victim.

Don't feed a troll.
ALL Trolls crave attention. That is the sole reason they exist, they want just a little attention in their direction.Without attention, Trolls are nothing. They have no audience, and no victim. Don't feed a troll. lonniejockstrap
  • Score: 0

6:19am Mon 30 Jul 12

scandanavian's love child52 says...

Careful lonie I know how fragile you are after Terrysblackchicken showed you up.
Careful lonie I know how fragile you are after Terrysblackchicken showed you up. scandanavian's love child52
  • Score: 0

9:11am Mon 30 Jul 12

Bacon Bantam says...

The slow death of another sporting team from Bradford continues in a painful manner.

No doubt they will be left to die, like the others.
The slow death of another sporting team from Bradford continues in a painful manner. No doubt they will be left to die, like the others. Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 0

9:33am Mon 30 Jul 12

NG1972 says...

I was very surprised that MP didn't come and applaud us at the end of the game yesterday. Maybe he is staying on hope so. Also I thought it was a good gesture by the Wire players to applaud us. COYB...
I was very surprised that MP didn't come and applaud us at the end of the game yesterday. Maybe he is staying on hope so. Also I thought it was a good gesture by the Wire players to applaud us. COYB... NG1972
  • Score: 0

9:36am Mon 30 Jul 12

bradfordbronco says...

Hi Shelfrhino.

Think you're mixing "The Club" up with "The Business". Like all sporting organisations we have been run by several businesses. All rugby league historians recognise the current Bradford Bulls as direct decendants of Bradford FC formed in 1863 by Oates Ingham.

BTW Whats its got to do with you. You wont find me commenting on a rhinos site because i dont care about them and have better things to with my time. Why is a rhinos fan obsessed with writing comments on a Bradford Bulls issue. Get a life, you Loser
Hi Shelfrhino. Think you're mixing "The Club" up with "The Business". Like all sporting organisations we have been run by several businesses. All rugby league historians recognise the current Bradford Bulls as direct decendants of Bradford FC formed in 1863 by Oates Ingham. BTW Whats its got to do with you. You wont find me commenting on a rhinos site because i dont care about them and have better things to with my time. Why is a rhinos fan obsessed with writing comments on a Bradford Bulls issue. Get a life, you Loser bradfordbronco
  • Score: 0

10:32am Mon 30 Jul 12

lonniejockstrap says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote:
Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.
I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen[/p][/quote]In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.[/p][/quote]I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets? lonniejockstrap
  • Score: 0

10:36am Mon 30 Jul 12

lonniejockstrap says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
Hi Shelfrhino.

Think you're mixing "The Club" up with "The Business". Like all sporting organisations we have been run by several businesses. All rugby league historians recognise the current Bradford Bulls as direct decendants of Bradford FC formed in 1863 by Oates Ingham.

BTW Whats its got to do with you. You wont find me commenting on a rhinos site because i dont care about them and have better things to with my time. Why is a rhinos fan obsessed with writing comments on a Bradford Bulls issue. Get a life, you Loser
See my post re Trolls above. And, could I respectfully suggest you google 'Troll' and familiarise yourself re how their sad lonely world is occupied.
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Hi Shelfrhino. Think you're mixing "The Club" up with "The Business". Like all sporting organisations we have been run by several businesses. All rugby league historians recognise the current Bradford Bulls as direct decendants of Bradford FC formed in 1863 by Oates Ingham. BTW Whats its got to do with you. You wont find me commenting on a rhinos site because i dont care about them and have better things to with my time. Why is a rhinos fan obsessed with writing comments on a Bradford Bulls issue. Get a life, you Loser[/p][/quote]See my post re Trolls above. And, could I respectfully suggest you google 'Troll' and familiarise yourself re how their sad lonely world is occupied. lonniejockstrap
  • Score: 0

10:56am Mon 30 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

lonniejockstrap wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.
I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?
There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices.

£60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission.

The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.
[quote][p][bold]lonniejockstrap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen[/p][/quote]In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.[/p][/quote]I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?[/p][/quote]There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices. £60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission. The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

1:21pm Mon 30 Jul 12

lonniejockstrap says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
lonniejockstrap wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.
I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?
There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices.

£60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission.

The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.
I'm no wiser TVOR, if the intention was to lie and mislead the fans because the end was nigh and the powers that be knew this, then why didn't they price the seasons tickets much higher in order to make MORE money out of the fans before the pack of cards collapsed?

Are you saying that the only reason or the major reason for the Bulls being in its present state is due to the pricing of season tickets? If so it would be interesting to see your figures. And if so why didn't the Club just say to the fans 'sorry we got the pricing wrong can you now pay us X amount for the season tickets or we go bust' is it or isn't it that simple based on your argument?
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lonniejockstrap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen[/p][/quote]In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.[/p][/quote]I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?[/p][/quote]There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices. £60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission. The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.[/p][/quote]I'm no wiser TVOR, if the intention was to lie and mislead the fans because the end was nigh and the powers that be knew this, then why didn't they price the seasons tickets much higher in order to make MORE money out of the fans before the pack of cards collapsed? Are you saying that the only reason or the major reason for the Bulls being in its present state is due to the pricing of season tickets? If so it would be interesting to see your figures. And if so why didn't the Club just say to the fans 'sorry we got the pricing wrong can you now pay us X amount for the season tickets or we go bust' is it or isn't it that simple based on your argument? lonniejockstrap
  • Score: 0

1:37pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

lonniejockstrap wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
lonniejockstrap wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.
I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?
There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices. £60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission. The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.
I'm no wiser TVOR, if the intention was to lie and mislead the fans because the end was nigh and the powers that be knew this, then why didn't they price the seasons tickets much higher in order to make MORE money out of the fans before the pack of cards collapsed? Are you saying that the only reason or the major reason for the Bulls being in its present state is due to the pricing of season tickets? If so it would be interesting to see your figures. And if so why didn't the Club just say to the fans 'sorry we got the pricing wrong can you now pay us X amount for the season tickets or we go bust' is it or isn't it that simple based on your argument?
They did effectively say they got it wrong and did ask for X amount with X equaling £1m via the pledge back in March.

It's been clear since then that £1m was only the tip of the iceberg. Also selling the lease to Osdal in order to fund the sale of cheap season tickets suggests very bad business.

I don't really need to provide figures as reading any story on here shows you how much of a mess the Bulls finances have been allowed to get into.
[quote][p][bold]lonniejockstrap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lonniejockstrap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen[/p][/quote]In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.[/p][/quote]I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?[/p][/quote]There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices. £60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission. The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.[/p][/quote]I'm no wiser TVOR, if the intention was to lie and mislead the fans because the end was nigh and the powers that be knew this, then why didn't they price the seasons tickets much higher in order to make MORE money out of the fans before the pack of cards collapsed? Are you saying that the only reason or the major reason for the Bulls being in its present state is due to the pricing of season tickets? If so it would be interesting to see your figures. And if so why didn't the Club just say to the fans 'sorry we got the pricing wrong can you now pay us X amount for the season tickets or we go bust' is it or isn't it that simple based on your argument?[/p][/quote]They did effectively say they got it wrong and did ask for X amount with X equaling £1m via the pledge back in March. It's been clear since then that £1m was only the tip of the iceberg. Also selling the lease to Osdal in order to fund the sale of cheap season tickets suggests very bad business. I don't really need to provide figures as reading any story on here shows you how much of a mess the Bulls finances have been allowed to get into. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

1:50pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Sheffieldbull says...

TVOR,why do you quote £60 for a Bulls season ticket? - best not to allow facts to interfere with your constant posting -sorry, I meant trolling of course! Facts eh? who needs em!
TVOR,why do you quote £60 for a Bulls season ticket? - best not to allow facts to interfere with your constant posting -sorry, I meant trolling of course! Facts eh? who needs em! Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 0

1:56pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Bacon Bantam says...

Sheffieldbull wrote:
TVOR,why do you quote £60 for a Bulls season ticket? - best not to allow facts to interfere with your constant posting -sorry, I meant trolling of course! Facts eh? who needs em!
For the first year of the pledge it was £60 for a terrace ticket was it not?
[quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: TVOR,why do you quote £60 for a Bulls season ticket? - best not to allow facts to interfere with your constant posting -sorry, I meant trolling of course! Facts eh? who needs em![/p][/quote]For the first year of the pledge it was £60 for a terrace ticket was it not? Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 0

1:57pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Bacon Bantam says...

If your going to have a go at him he mentions the price I paid back in 2011.
If your going to have a go at him he mentions the price I paid back in 2011. Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 0

2:02pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Sheffieldbull says...

How far back do you wish to go? £60 has been the very cheapest ticket at some stage... anything to make a point fit eh?
How far back do you wish to go? £60 has been the very cheapest ticket at some stage... anything to make a point fit eh? Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 0

2:15pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Bacon Bantam says...

He's only gone back to 2011, yet you jumped on him saying this £60 was made up when it looks like it does have some basis to it, after all I paid that and it drew me into turning up to Odsal for a few games. I didn't renew though and can't remember what the price was for 2012.

I personally don't see anything wrong with what he has said, it just seems people are getting at him for saying what some don't want to hear.
He's only gone back to 2011, yet you jumped on him saying this £60 was made up when it looks like it does have some basis to it, after all I paid that and it drew me into turning up to Odsal for a few games. I didn't renew though and can't remember what the price was for 2012. I personally don't see anything wrong with what he has said, it just seems people are getting at him for saying what some don't want to hear. Bacon Bantam
  • Score: 0

2:21pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Sheffieldbull says...

Because it's not factual, thats why. Do you understand now? And personally, I don't care what you think, when I want your opinion, I'll ask for it.
Because it's not factual, thats why. Do you understand now? And personally, I don't care what you think, when I want your opinion, I'll ask for it. Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 0

2:30pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Thanks bacon bantam, glad someone reads what I post rather than interperating somthing I haven't.

So Sheffieldbull, in 2011 season tickets cost £60 true or false? I myself believe that to be a factual statement, can you tell me why it isn't factual please.
Thanks bacon bantam, glad someone reads what I post rather than interperating somthing I haven't. So Sheffieldbull, in 2011 season tickets cost £60 true or false? I myself believe that to be a factual statement, can you tell me why it isn't factual please. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Sheffieldbull says...

I don't recall seeing '2011' quoted anywhere in your post - now that IS a fact. I once payed £58 for a Season ticket at Valley Parade - 'rediculous' eh?
I don't recall seeing '2011' quoted anywhere in your post - now that IS a fact. I once payed £58 for a Season ticket at Valley Parade - 'rediculous' eh? Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Mon 30 Jul 12

lonniejockstrap says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
lonniejockstrap wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
lonniejockstrap wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen
In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.
I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?
There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices. £60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission. The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.
I'm no wiser TVOR, if the intention was to lie and mislead the fans because the end was nigh and the powers that be knew this, then why didn't they price the seasons tickets much higher in order to make MORE money out of the fans before the pack of cards collapsed? Are you saying that the only reason or the major reason for the Bulls being in its present state is due to the pricing of season tickets? If so it would be interesting to see your figures. And if so why didn't the Club just say to the fans 'sorry we got the pricing wrong can you now pay us X amount for the season tickets or we go bust' is it or isn't it that simple based on your argument?
They did effectively say they got it wrong and did ask for X amount with X equaling £1m via the pledge back in March.

It's been clear since then that £1m was only the tip of the iceberg. Also selling the lease to Osdal in order to fund the sale of cheap season tickets suggests very bad business.

I don't really need to provide figures as reading any story on here shows you how much of a mess the Bulls finances have been allowed to get into.
Their is no doubt the Club is in a financial mess but I understood you to be making out that the decision to sell cheap season tickets was the main reason for this situation -worst decision ever etc. I would have thought not paying HMRC and effectively handing over the future of your business to them is one of the worst business decisions to make. If cash flow is needed and a certainty as regards minimum income for the season through spectator attendance then I would think that cheap season ticket deals would not be such a poor decision as you suggest. Especially if the intention is/was to work within that budget -give or take a % or two.

Again it is easy to throw a criticism in to the pot without suggesting an alternative and reasons. We all know there is a problem but I am not convinced that the cheap season ticket deal is the route-cause or the worst decision ever. And don't forget, the Bulls play less home games than City so unless you do some percentage or like for like comparisons your criticism and comparison with the Bulls v City season tickets is not very enlightening.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lonniejockstrap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lonniejockstrap[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Def more than 800. Seemed more like 1500 to me. Agree on solomana. Think we were 32-0 down. We got it back to 32-16 only for Solomanas controversial try to put result beyond doubt. One of worst decisions i've ever seen[/p][/quote]In hindsight selling season tickets for peanuts will be one of the worst decisions anyone has seen regarding the Bulls, and the person who made that decision seems to have slipped away without losing anything.[/p][/quote]I think if you can increase 'footfall' at the stadium and build on that by selling a profitable catering service along with other contracted out services, retail opportunities, sponsorship etc then the cheap season tickets should work surely? Why do suggest it was a very poor decision other than just suggesting it? And of course hindsight gives everyone twenty twenty vision so do we have to wait a while longer for the evidence to back up this suggestion or can you provide the evidence to show why other Clubs/businesses are in a poor financial situation but don't sell 'cheap' season tickets?[/p][/quote]There is no doubt it can work. It appears down at Valley Parade they do manage to make it work but the cheap season tickets aren't stupidly cheap. £150 last year £200 this year aren't rediculous prices. £60 for a season ticket, thats just over what Bradford City are offering for 1/2 price admission. The fans have be lied to and the people who made the decision must have known that this was high risk, and it appears the risk was too high. Other clubs might be in trouble but as of yet, only the Bulls are staring into oblivion.[/p][/quote]I'm no wiser TVOR, if the intention was to lie and mislead the fans because the end was nigh and the powers that be knew this, then why didn't they price the seasons tickets much higher in order to make MORE money out of the fans before the pack of cards collapsed? Are you saying that the only reason or the major reason for the Bulls being in its present state is due to the pricing of season tickets? If so it would be interesting to see your figures. And if so why didn't the Club just say to the fans 'sorry we got the pricing wrong can you now pay us X amount for the season tickets or we go bust' is it or isn't it that simple based on your argument?[/p][/quote]They did effectively say they got it wrong and did ask for X amount with X equaling £1m via the pledge back in March. It's been clear since then that £1m was only the tip of the iceberg. Also selling the lease to Osdal in order to fund the sale of cheap season tickets suggests very bad business. I don't really need to provide figures as reading any story on here shows you how much of a mess the Bulls finances have been allowed to get into.[/p][/quote]Their is no doubt the Club is in a financial mess but I understood you to be making out that the decision to sell cheap season tickets was the main reason for this situation -worst decision ever etc. I would have thought not paying HMRC and effectively handing over the future of your business to them is one of the worst business decisions to make. If cash flow is needed and a certainty as regards minimum income for the season through spectator attendance then I would think that cheap season ticket deals would not be such a poor decision as you suggest. Especially if the intention is/was to work within that budget -give or take a % or two. Again it is easy to throw a criticism in to the pot without suggesting an alternative and reasons. We all know there is a problem but I am not convinced that the cheap season ticket deal is the route-cause or the worst decision ever. And don't forget, the Bulls play less home games than City so unless you do some percentage or like for like comparisons your criticism and comparison with the Bulls v City season tickets is not very enlightening. lonniejockstrap
  • Score: 0

2:43pm Mon 30 Jul 12

lonniejockstrap says...

'There'.
'There'. lonniejockstrap
  • Score: 0

2:57pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Sheffieldbull wrote:
I don't recall seeing '2011' quoted anywhere in your post - now that IS a fact. I once payed £58 for a Season ticket at Valley Parade - 'rediculous' eh?
Was that for an adult season ticket? I doubt it was, more of a student or concession ticket.

Adult season tickets at Valley Parade haven't been below £100 for at least the last two decades.

What was the price for the 2012 season for season tickets at the Bulls out of interest?
[quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: I don't recall seeing '2011' quoted anywhere in your post - now that IS a fact. I once payed £58 for a Season ticket at Valley Parade - 'rediculous' eh?[/p][/quote]Was that for an adult season ticket? I doubt it was, more of a student or concession ticket. Adult season tickets at Valley Parade haven't been below £100 for at least the last two decades. What was the price for the 2012 season for season tickets at the Bulls out of interest? Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

4:42pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Shelfrhino says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Sheffieldbull wrote: I don't recall seeing '2011' quoted anywhere in your post - now that IS a fact. I once payed £58 for a Season ticket at Valley Parade - 'rediculous' eh?
Was that for an adult season ticket? I doubt it was, more of a student or concession ticket. Adult season tickets at Valley Parade haven't been below £100 for at least the last two decades. What was the price for the 2012 season for season tickets at the Bulls out of interest?
TVoR,
Have you noticed he won't tell you what he paid for an ST?
That's because he doesn't go, like a lot of them on here.
Troll's most of them, we come on here to talk about RL and give them the facts, only to shouted down by people who haven't the foggiest what they're on about.
One of them, I call him "I'm Brian and so's my wife" just likes to come on here and talk about his wife and lie about me slagging the RL off.
I tell you mate I sometimes wonder why we even bother,

Scandy, don't forget to let me know how it goes tonight mate. Make sure you give them the facts they like to hide from.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: I don't recall seeing '2011' quoted anywhere in your post - now that IS a fact. I once payed £58 for a Season ticket at Valley Parade - 'rediculous' eh?[/p][/quote]Was that for an adult season ticket? I doubt it was, more of a student or concession ticket. Adult season tickets at Valley Parade haven't been below £100 for at least the last two decades. What was the price for the 2012 season for season tickets at the Bulls out of interest?[/p][/quote]TVoR, Have you noticed he won't tell you what he paid for an ST? That's because he doesn't go, like a lot of them on here. Troll's most of them, we come on here to talk about RL and give them the facts, only to shouted down by people who haven't the foggiest what they're on about. One of them, I call him "I'm Brian and so's my wife" just likes to come on here and talk about his wife and lie about me slagging the RL off. I tell you mate I sometimes wonder why we even bother, Scandy, don't forget to let me know how it goes tonight mate. Make sure you give them the facts they like to hide from. Shelfrhino
  • Score: 0

4:45pm Mon 30 Jul 12

Shelfrhino says...

NG1972 wrote:
I was very surprised that MP didn't come and applaud us at the end of the game yesterday. Maybe he is staying on hope so. Also I thought it was a good gesture by the Wire players to applaud us. COYB...
Why? Did you do owt to be applauded for?
Are you one of those insecure people who like to be given a pat on the head all the time? Aw bless.
[quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I was very surprised that MP didn't come and applaud us at the end of the game yesterday. Maybe he is staying on hope so. Also I thought it was a good gesture by the Wire players to applaud us. COYB...[/p][/quote]Why? Did you do owt to be applauded for? Are you one of those insecure people who like to be given a pat on the head all the time? Aw bless. Shelfrhino
  • Score: 0

5:55pm Mon 30 Jul 12

NG1972 says...

Aww I bet this is a whino fan who has got nothing to do with their time but worry about what is happening with our special club. I bet you have never been to rugby match in your life.
Aww I bet this is a whino fan who has got nothing to do with their time but worry about what is happening with our special club. I bet you have never been to rugby match in your life. NG1972
  • Score: 0

10:13am Tue 31 Jul 12

jkirby85 says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
formed in 1863. the fourth oldest Rugby club in the world. forty odd years before any soccer club was started in west yorkshire. 8 years before the rugby union was even formed. we were one of the 1st members of the RFU. We were founder members of the northern union. Founder members of super League. The oldest RL club in the world. We've got proud history to match any other football club of any code in the world. If we are embarassing you why dont you just p*** off & find something else to do rather than comment on somethiing thats got nothing to do with you.

This club has a history worth fighting for purely for the past achievements of great players such as trevor foster who are sadly no longer with us. If this causes some computer nerd to be embarrased then its just tough s**t.
too true son....i'l back you there....not surprised **** holes like whino fans commenting on here......nowt to do with them yet obviously cant help commenting and rubbing salt in to our wounds.....now fook off back onto your xbox and leave us be....
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: formed in 1863. the fourth oldest Rugby club in the world. forty odd years before any soccer club was started in west yorkshire. 8 years before the rugby union was even formed. we were one of the 1st members of the RFU. We were founder members of the northern union. Founder members of super League. The oldest RL club in the world. We've got proud history to match any other football club of any code in the world. If we are embarassing you why dont you just p*** off & find something else to do rather than comment on somethiing thats got nothing to do with you. This club has a history worth fighting for purely for the past achievements of great players such as trevor foster who are sadly no longer with us. If this causes some computer nerd to be embarrased then its just tough s**t.[/p][/quote]too true son....i'l back you there....not surprised **** holes like whino fans commenting on here......nowt to do with them yet obviously cant help commenting and rubbing salt in to our wounds.....now fook off back onto your xbox and leave us be.... jkirby85
  • Score: 0

10:14am Tue 31 Jul 12

jkirby85 says...

by the way leeds whino fans....check your team out.....38-18 all needs to be said.....
by the way leeds whino fans....check your team out.....38-18 all needs to be said..... jkirby85
  • Score: 0

3:18am Wed 1 Aug 12

arhmen aleg says...

Time to stop arguing all the time and start raising some money.

And blo...dy quick
Time to stop arguing all the time and start raising some money. And blo...dy quick arhmen aleg
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree