Jarrod Sammut latest injury casualty for Bradford Bulls

Jarrod Sammut

Jarrod Sammut

First published in Bulls Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford Bulls Reporter

Bulls coach Mick Potter has been dealt another massive injury blow after Jarrod Sammut was ruled out for the next eight weeks.

The half-back, who has impressed following his close-season arrival from Crusaders, ruptured the PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) in his knee during the victory at Widnes on Easter Monday.

Bulls Football manager Stuart Duffy said: "It's another blow to us just as we were looking at getting some players back.

"Jarrod has been tremendous for us and there is no doubt he will be a big loss for the next couple of months.

"He has a similar injury to that suffered by Manase Manuokafoa earlier in the year and the prognosis of eight weeks is the same."

Comments (24)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:32am Wed 11 Apr 12

flashdonut says...

There must be some kind or witch craft going on now. This is now beyond bad luck. Somebody has been jabbing some voodoo dolls.
There must be some kind or witch craft going on now. This is now beyond bad luck. Somebody has been jabbing some voodoo dolls. flashdonut
  • Score: 0

11:37am Wed 11 Apr 12

NORTHER1964 says...

I think we should take our boots this weekend flashdonut.
I think we should take our boots this weekend flashdonut. NORTHER1964
  • Score: 0

11:47am Wed 11 Apr 12

barbarian mike says...

This is rediculous. I don't think any other club as suffered quite as badly as we hav with injuries. Robbie Paul will be dusting his boots off to help us next, other teams are calling on retired players, ha.
Our club really is having a crap time if it on and off the field! No luck!
This is rediculous. I don't think any other club as suffered quite as badly as we hav with injuries. Robbie Paul will be dusting his boots off to help us next, other teams are calling on retired players, ha. Our club really is having a crap time if it on and off the field! No luck! barbarian mike
  • Score: 0

11:59am Wed 11 Apr 12

birkybull says...

Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.
Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate. birkybull
  • Score: 0

12:02pm Wed 11 Apr 12

flashdonut says...

birkybull wrote:
Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.
I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.
[quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.[/p][/quote]I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is. flashdonut
  • Score: 0

12:13pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Mumby was the best says...

Whats the situation with Kyle Briggs? If he is fit can we call him back? at least he is a stand off.
Whats the situation with Kyle Briggs? If he is fit can we call him back? at least he is a stand off. Mumby was the best
  • Score: 0

12:23pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Mumby was the best says...

flashdonut wrote:
birkybull wrote:
Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.
I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.
What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely
[quote][p][bold]flashdonut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.[/p][/quote]I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.[/p][/quote]What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely Mumby was the best
  • Score: 0

12:28pm Wed 11 Apr 12

speakeroftruth says...

Mumby was the best wrote:
flashdonut wrote:
birkybull wrote:
Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.
I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.
What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely
Addy to 6 if le'strange is banned then have adam o brien on the bench and start with diskin
[quote][p][bold]Mumby was the best[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]flashdonut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.[/p][/quote]I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.[/p][/quote]What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely[/p][/quote]Addy to 6 if le'strange is banned then have adam o brien on the bench and start with diskin speakeroftruth
  • Score: 0

12:32pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Mumby was the best says...

speakeroftruth wrote:
Mumby was the best wrote:
flashdonut wrote:
birkybull wrote:
Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.
I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.
What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely
Addy to 6 if le'strange is banned then have adam o brien on the bench and start with diskin
But is Obrien fit, I thought he was still injured.
[quote][p][bold]speakeroftruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mumby was the best[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]flashdonut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.[/p][/quote]I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.[/p][/quote]What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely[/p][/quote]Addy to 6 if le'strange is banned then have adam o brien on the bench and start with diskin[/p][/quote]But is Obrien fit, I thought he was still injured. Mumby was the best
  • Score: 0

12:39pm Wed 11 Apr 12

speakeroftruth says...

Mumby was the best wrote:
speakeroftruth wrote:
Mumby was the best wrote:
flashdonut wrote:
birkybull wrote:
Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.
I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.
What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely
Addy to 6 if le'strange is banned then have adam o brien on the bench and start with diskin
But is Obrien fit, I thought he was still injured.
I think he is almost fit he will get a run out against doncaster but if you can call briggsy back then do it
[quote][p][bold]Mumby was the best[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speakeroftruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mumby was the best[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]flashdonut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]birkybull[/bold] wrote: Thats just typical. Kearney to 6 Jeffries to 7 is the only option we have till Gale comes back, He should be back in next 2 weeks, Platt @ fullback. If the call was being made on who we can keep out of Sammut & Manukafoua now. Based on the impact he has had i would keep the big mean hard running prop. He could well go on and become a Bradford legend with the way he has charged into the line and massive work rate.[/p][/quote]I would put Addy at 6, and leave evrybody else as is.[/p][/quote]What happens if (when) Le Strange gets banned I thought Addy to 9 would be more likely[/p][/quote]Addy to 6 if le'strange is banned then have adam o brien on the bench and start with diskin[/p][/quote]But is Obrien fit, I thought he was still injured.[/p][/quote]I think he is almost fit he will get a run out against doncaster but if you can call briggsy back then do it speakeroftruth
  • Score: 0

12:57pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Bull4eva says...

Heath has taken an early plea and banned for 2 games.
Heath has taken an early plea and banned for 2 games. Bull4eva
  • Score: 0

1:21pm Wed 11 Apr 12

flashdonut says...

Hells Bells. Neil Summers played for the legends last Friday. He looked in decent shape, reckon we will be calling on him at this rate.
Hells Bells. Neil Summers played for the legends last Friday. He looked in decent shape, reckon we will be calling on him at this rate. flashdonut
  • Score: 0

1:28pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Prycey says...

It is remarkable how our squad is coping with all of our injuries this year. It isn’t just us though; other clubs have large numbers out. It makes you wonder what is causing it. Should we go back to the 5m rule to slow down the impacts? As far as my thoughts on whom do we keep, Bert or Sammut? I would keep Bert and give Thomas Bosc a ring as he is a top stand-off who has had his nose pushed out at Catalans. Quota free like Elima!
It is remarkable how our squad is coping with all of our injuries this year. It isn’t just us though; other clubs have large numbers out. It makes you wonder what is causing it. Should we go back to the 5m rule to slow down the impacts? As far as my thoughts on whom do we keep, Bert or Sammut? I would keep Bert and give Thomas Bosc a ring as he is a top stand-off who has had his nose pushed out at Catalans. Quota free like Elima! Prycey
  • Score: 0

1:42pm Wed 11 Apr 12

helenshep says...

Mumby was the best wrote:
Whats the situation with Kyle Briggs? If he is fit can we call him back? at least he is a stand off.
I dont think we can call him back, there was a clause in his deal if I remember rightly
[quote][p][bold]Mumby was the best[/bold] wrote: Whats the situation with Kyle Briggs? If he is fit can we call him back? at least he is a stand off.[/p][/quote]I dont think we can call him back, there was a clause in his deal if I remember rightly helenshep
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Wed 11 Apr 12

birkybull says...

Prycey, thats not a bad shout.
Prycey, thats not a bad shout. birkybull
  • Score: 0

3:31pm Wed 11 Apr 12

barbarian mike says...

Keep Manese, addy to 6 for definate, and don't think O'Brien is fit. Disko will relish doin a full 80 if he gets chance neway!
Would love Bosc, However, dont think we r in a position to buy anyone of calibre, and we oughta be lookin at retaining the likes of Bateman Elima koppy Crookes et al first....that's if we sort the financial mess out 1st tho!!
Keep Manese, addy to 6 for definate, and don't think O'Brien is fit. Disko will relish doin a full 80 if he gets chance neway! Would love Bosc, However, dont think we r in a position to buy anyone of calibre, and we oughta be lookin at retaining the likes of Bateman Elima koppy Crookes et al first....that's if we sort the financial mess out 1st tho!! barbarian mike
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Wed 11 Apr 12

barbarian mike says...

Another thing tho, who will kick goals?
Another thing tho, who will kick goals? barbarian mike
  • Score: 0

3:48pm Wed 11 Apr 12

AdeyG'man says...

I would rather see Kearney & Jeffries at 6 & 7 and use Addy as an interchange hooker. Platt to Fullback and shift Whitehead to centre and Bateman in the backrow. Job's a good'un!
I would rather see Kearney & Jeffries at 6 & 7 and use Addy as an interchange hooker. Platt to Fullback and shift Whitehead to centre and Bateman in the backrow. Job's a good'un! AdeyG'man
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Wots up says...

barbarian mike wrote:
Another thing tho, who will kick goals?
Addy.
[quote][p][bold]barbarian mike[/bold] wrote: Another thing tho, who will kick goals?[/p][/quote]Addy. Wots up
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Wed 11 Apr 12

Wots up says...

barbarian mike wrote:
Another thing tho, who will kick goals?
Addy.
[quote][p][bold]barbarian mike[/bold] wrote: Another thing tho, who will kick goals?[/p][/quote]Addy. Wots up
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Wed 11 Apr 12

A650 says...

Addy to kick goals.
Addy to kick goals. A650
  • Score: 0

5:05pm Wed 11 Apr 12

UNBULLIEVABLE says...

A650 wrote:
Addy to kick goals.
Is Gale defo due back for the Giants game? , I really do hope so. BTW nice to see everyone talking about "team" matters and not money worries for a change!! , I know it's not gone away - by a long shot!! , but still the lads on the field deserve a BIG shout out right now!!!! COYB
[quote][p][bold]A650[/bold] wrote: Addy to kick goals.[/p][/quote]Is Gale defo due back for the Giants game? , I really do hope so. BTW nice to see everyone talking about "team" matters and not money worries for a change!! , I know it's not gone away - by a long shot!! , but still the lads on the field deserve a BIG shout out right now!!!! COYB UNBULLIEVABLE
  • Score: 0

6:43pm Wed 11 Apr 12

speakeroftruth says...

According to duckett on 5 live this morning bulls are in talks with 4 or 5 potential investors already who have shown graet interest and also since we have had good news both on and off the pitch where are ShelfRhino and TerrysBlackChicken I wonder?
According to duckett on 5 live this morning bulls are in talks with 4 or 5 potential investors already who have shown graet interest and also since we have had good news both on and off the pitch where are ShelfRhino and TerrysBlackChicken I wonder? speakeroftruth
  • Score: 0

6:36am Thu 12 Apr 12

terrysblackchicken says...

What about calling up that iestyn harris fella ? I mean what harm could it possibly do ?
What about calling up that iestyn harris fella ? I mean what harm could it possibly do ? terrysblackchicken
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree