Omar Khan steps down as Bradford Bulls announce change of ownership

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Omar Khan, pictured with co-chairman Gerry Sutcliffe MP, saved the club from oblivion when he took over a year ago Omar Khan, pictured with co-chairman Gerry Sutcliffe MP, saved the club from oblivion when he took over a year ago

Omar Khan today sensationally stepped down as owner of Bradford Bulls, paving the way for local businessman Mark Moore to take the reins along with Ryan Whitcut.

Khan rescued the Bulls from financial ruin when he and former Sports Minister Gerry Sutcliffe took charge of the club in September 2012.

After a turbulent year in charge, Khan has walked away from the club citing “ill health”, leaving Moore – boss of Bradford-based online bed and mattress retailer BedzRus – to take ownership alongside Bulls general manager Whitcut.

The takeover deal, of which no figures have yet been disclosed, is subject to approval from the Rugby Football League.

Vipin Joshi has joined Khan and Bradford South MP Sutcliffe in leaving the Provident Stadium with immediate effect.

Khan last month released a substantial sum from his property portfolio to raise funds to pay the wages of players and staff for July.

That eased fears of a repeat of last year's financial meltdown but Moore, whose BedzRus firm agreed a two-year deal to sponsor the popular stand terrace at Odsal in May, will now head up a new regime.

Khan said in a statement: "Following an exciting year, it is sad that due to ill health, I intend to hand over the reins to new owners, Ryan Whitcut and Mark Moore of Bedzrus, subject to RFL approval. 

"Ryan and Mark both share the same passion as I do for the club.

"My objective, together with Gerry Sutcliffe MP, to move the club from the threat of extinction has been achieved and I have spent every single day for the past year at the club in order to reinvigorate it and bring it back to life. 

"A lot of hard work and investment has gone into Bulls and now it’s time to ensure the longevity of the club, which is part of Bradford’s Heritage. 

"The club is in a much stronger position and the time is now right to move it forward.
 

"Bradford Bulls will always be part of my life and I will never forget the kindness, loyalty and friendship shown to me and my family by the supporters and everyone involved at the club.

"I would like to thank all the Board of Directors who have worked tirelessly with me to save the club and can confirm that Gerry Sutcliffe MP and Vipin Joshi also intend to step down as Directors."

Comments (69)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:41pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

Well....who? didnt see that coming lol
Well....who? didnt see that coming lol Andy2010

12:48pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

Sorry forgot to add

Rats / Ships and all that !
Sorry forgot to add Rats / Ships and all that ! Andy2010

12:55pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Truth prevails says...

Can't understand why Khan would plough a substantial amount of money then decide to leave. Oh well suppose making a profit more than anything might have something to do with it
Can't understand why Khan would plough a substantial amount of money then decide to leave. Oh well suppose making a profit more than anything might have something to do with it Truth prevails

12:58pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Ballboy2012 says...

A big thanks and all the best to Omar Knah who tried and lost a large sum of money in the process.
A big thanks and all the best to Omar Knah who tried and lost a large sum of money in the process. Ballboy2012

12:58pm Wed 25 Sep 13

nowt fresh says...

Realy feel for you Bulls fans hope these two take you to better things ? what do you think, is the ill health comment a smoke screen, has Khan run out of money or not prepared to put any more in ? don't look good !!.
Realy feel for you Bulls fans hope these two take you to better things ? what do you think, is the ill health comment a smoke screen, has Khan run out of money or not prepared to put any more in ? don't look good !!. nowt fresh

1:00pm Wed 25 Sep 13

THEMANOFSTEEL says...

See I told you this was going to happen
That inside source was the lady who worked at the club shop
I was really worried about saying anything else
Due to how many people say the word Trolls
Sorry guys should have mentioned something else
See I told you this was going to happen That inside source was the lady who worked at the club shop I was really worried about saying anything else Due to how many people say the word Trolls Sorry guys should have mentioned something else THEMANOFSTEEL

1:03pm Wed 25 Sep 13

tyker7745 says...

methinks he has ,at last, realised that the club burns cash faster tan he can make naan bread.

Did he actually realise cash from his property port folio or simply use it as collateral. One assumes these two have collateral and cash otherwise it is going to be another rocky financial road next season
methinks he has ,at last, realised that the club burns cash faster tan he can make naan bread. Did he actually realise cash from his property port folio or simply use it as collateral. One assumes these two have collateral and cash otherwise it is going to be another rocky financial road next season tyker7745

1:05pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

This could either be very worrying or a step towards off field progress.
Sincerely hope for the Bulls fans, players, staff it is the latter.

Having gone through the mill a few times with City due to the failings of the money men I hope you pull it back from the brink and give the city another club to be proud of again.
This could either be very worrying or a step towards off field progress. Sincerely hope for the Bulls fans, players, staff it is the latter. Having gone through the mill a few times with City due to the failings of the money men I hope you pull it back from the brink and give the city another club to be proud of again. Prisoner Cell Block A

1:06pm Wed 25 Sep 13

bradfordranger says...

A disgrace. Gerry Sutcliffe, an MP and the so called minister of sport needs to answer questions about this. Hopefully the questions will be provided by a journalist with a brain, rather then the usual crap served up by the T&A.
A disgrace. Gerry Sutcliffe, an MP and the so called minister of sport needs to answer questions about this. Hopefully the questions will be provided by a journalist with a brain, rather then the usual crap served up by the T&A. bradfordranger

1:09pm Wed 25 Sep 13

WykeARLFCHeadCoach says...

#Iamnowskintsobye
#Iamnowskintsobye WykeARLFCHeadCoach

1:13pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Blotto says...

Everyone missing the bleeding obvious!
Bulls as Sleeping Giants being taken over by BedzRus
So everyone should sleep easy tonight!! :-)
Everyone missing the bleeding obvious! Bulls as Sleeping Giants being taken over by BedzRus So everyone should sleep easy tonight!! :-) Blotto

1:14pm Wed 25 Sep 13

bd7 helper says...

He thought it will be easy as making a curry
He thought it will be easy as making a curry bd7 helper

1:20pm Wed 25 Sep 13

THEMANOFSTEEL says...

Until this is sorted out I will be paying on the door next year
If we are still in financial problems I aren't committing to a season ticket
Will be at every game regardless but just incase I'm paying at the gate
A massive thank you to Omar for giving us another season
And taking us out of administration
Until this is sorted out I will be paying on the door next year If we are still in financial problems I aren't committing to a season ticket Will be at every game regardless but just incase I'm paying at the gate A massive thank you to Omar for giving us another season And taking us out of administration THEMANOFSTEEL

1:22pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Farsley Bantam says...

There may be trouble ahead......
There may be trouble ahead...... Farsley Bantam

1:35pm Wed 25 Sep 13

collos25 says...

Ballboy2012 wrote:
A big thanks and all the best to Omar Knah who tried and lost a large sum of money in the process.
Don.t make me laugh.
[quote][p][bold]Ballboy2012[/bold] wrote: A big thanks and all the best to Omar Knah who tried and lost a large sum of money in the process.[/p][/quote]Don.t make me laugh. collos25

1:36pm Wed 25 Sep 13

collos25 says...

Everthing that GS touches breaks.
Everthing that GS touches breaks. collos25

1:43pm Wed 25 Sep 13

bd7 helper says...

I assume he probably wants to buy ROYAL MAIL now
I assume he probably wants to buy ROYAL MAIL now bd7 helper

1:44pm Wed 25 Sep 13

basil fawlty says...

On the face of it Omar appears to have bitten off a bit more than he could chew, both financially and in time and effort, and has decided that he couldn't go on. So everybody should be very grateful for him for saving the club and getting it moving it in the right direction. I'd be very surprised if the new owner was about to make the same mistake, so this should be greeted as positive news.
On the face of it Omar appears to have bitten off a bit more than he could chew, both financially and in time and effort, and has decided that he couldn't go on. So everybody should be very grateful for him for saving the club and getting it moving it in the right direction. I'd be very surprised if the new owner was about to make the same mistake, so this should be greeted as positive news. basil fawlty

1:50pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down.

BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.
Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down. BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world. Thee Voice of Reason

1:52pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Parz says...

Thank you to Omar, Gerry and Vipin for evrything you have done at the Club. I wouldn't have a club to support without all your efforts. Good luck.

Roll on 2014.
Thank you to Omar, Gerry and Vipin for evrything you have done at the Club. I wouldn't have a club to support without all your efforts. Good luck. Roll on 2014. Parz

1:55pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Bull4Life says...

Surprised the headline wasn't "Omar Khan't"!

In all fairness though, despite the negative comments he has had a go and got the club slowly moving forward. Personally I think there's more to it than the cited 'ill health' - if it was just ill health why would Gerry Sutcliffe and Vipin Joshi opt to walk away too? Surely they could have just agreed to take more pro-active roles to ease the burden on Omar Khan?

Just my two cents.
Surprised the headline wasn't "Omar Khan't"! In all fairness though, despite the negative comments he has had a go and got the club slowly moving forward. Personally I think there's more to it than the cited 'ill health' - if it was just ill health why would Gerry Sutcliffe and Vipin Joshi opt to walk away too? Surely they could have just agreed to take more pro-active roles to ease the burden on Omar Khan? Just my two cents. Bull4Life

1:55pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Out of interest how many of the 1000 season ticket holders did the club get that they were begging for?

Maybe people not giving a toss was the final straw?
Out of interest how many of the 1000 season ticket holders did the club get that they were begging for? Maybe people not giving a toss was the final straw? Thee Voice of Reason

1:56pm Wed 25 Sep 13

grafter1980 says...

plan was obviously bump along for 2 years until sky money back, based on GS thinking 10k season ticket sales. Think somone need to explain price elasticity of demand. Would be interested to know how much money was invested/loaned? remember his figure was never confirmed, it was phrased as 'T&A understand £900k'. Has early season ticket money been used to repay?purpose for early ST drive? non of these question will be adequately answered
Totally agree with the loyal but also independently mined fan posting above who said ' at be at every game but no money in advance'- sensible approach
plan was obviously bump along for 2 years until sky money back, based on GS thinking 10k season ticket sales. Think somone need to explain price elasticity of demand. Would be interested to know how much money was invested/loaned? remember his figure was never confirmed, it was phrased as 'T&A understand £900k'. Has early season ticket money been used to repay?purpose for early ST drive? non of these question will be adequately answered Totally agree with the loyal but also independently mined fan posting above who said ' at be at every game but no money in advance'- sensible approach grafter1980

1:59pm Wed 25 Sep 13

WykeARLFCHeadCoach says...

TVOR spot on again lad.
When ok saw how season tickets sales were going he bolted
TVOR spot on again lad. When ok saw how season tickets sales were going he bolted WykeARLFCHeadCoach

2:07pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain.

You fools
LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things. Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain. You fools Andy2010

2:07pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

Andy2010 wrote:
LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain.

You fools
Mind you what do they say about fools and their money?
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things. Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain. You fools[/p][/quote]Mind you what do they say about fools and their money? Andy2010

2:09pm Wed 25 Sep 13

shikran says...

Odsal is still going to become the "Wembley of the North" though right?

Right?
Odsal is still going to become the "Wembley of the North" though right? Right? shikran

2:11pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Parz says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Out of interest how many of the 1000 season ticket holders did the club get that they were begging for? Maybe people not giving a toss was the final straw?
From what I remember reading the sales were at somewhere between 800-1000. I can't remember if it was here or on the Bulls website but I remember reading they were over 4 times the first weeks sales last year, which was 200 and some, but there was never any big annoucement about reaching the 1000, so I would assume we fell just short.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Out of interest how many of the 1000 season ticket holders did the club get that they were begging for? Maybe people not giving a toss was the final straw?[/p][/quote]From what I remember reading the sales were at somewhere between 800-1000. I can't remember if it was here or on the Bulls website but I remember reading they were over 4 times the first weeks sales last year, which was 200 and some, but there was never any big annoucement about reaching the 1000, so I would assume we fell just short. Parz

2:12pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Parz says...

Andy2010 wrote:
LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things. Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain. You fools
The pulled the club out of the hands of the Administrators and ran it for another season. How is that not a good thing?
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things. Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain. You fools[/p][/quote]The pulled the club out of the hands of the Administrators and ran it for another season. How is that not a good thing? Parz

2:15pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Milly67 says...

How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.
How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too. Milly67

2:17pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Farsley Bantam says...

WykeARLFCHeadCoach wrote:
TVOR spot on again lad. When ok saw how season tickets sales were going he bolted
When OK saw how season ticket sales were going he balti'd. He couldn't curry on like this so he did what was raita for him. Can't blame him though and he needs to tikka bit of time to recover from his 'ill health'.
[quote][p][bold]WykeARLFCHeadCoach[/bold] wrote: TVOR spot on again lad. When ok saw how season tickets sales were going he bolted[/p][/quote]When OK saw how season ticket sales were going he balti'd. He couldn't curry on like this so he did what was raita for him. Can't blame him though and he needs to tikka bit of time to recover from his 'ill health'. Farsley Bantam

2:17pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Mike Strutter says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down.

BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.
He's certainly no Richard Branson but is is also no mug.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down. BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.[/p][/quote]He's certainly no Richard Branson but is is also no mug. Mike Strutter

2:21pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Mike Strutter says...

Milly67 wrote:
How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.
The man "who sells beds" has been involved in the club for the last 4 1/2 months right under all your noses and has been evaluating the club and sorting things out behind the scenes. I'd say the club is in good hands.
[quote][p][bold]Milly67[/bold] wrote: How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.[/p][/quote]The man "who sells beds" has been involved in the club for the last 4 1/2 months right under all your noses and has been evaluating the club and sorting things out behind the scenes. I'd say the club is in good hands. Mike Strutter

2:23pm Wed 25 Sep 13

nowt fresh says...

Mike Strutter wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote: Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down. BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.
He's certainly no Richard Branson but is is also no mug.
Time will tell if there are any mugs coming out of this situation I believe it may be fans who are (through loyalty to Bradford Bull) daft enough to purchase season tickets for next season, do hope I'm wrong but this don't look good for Bradford Bulls.
[quote][p][bold]Mike Strutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down. BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.[/p][/quote]He's certainly no Richard Branson but is is also no mug.[/p][/quote]Time will tell if there are any mugs coming out of this situation I believe it may be fans who are (through loyalty to Bradford Bull) daft enough to purchase season tickets for next season, do hope I'm wrong but this don't look good for Bradford Bulls. nowt fresh

2:48pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Bull4Life says...

nowt fresh wrote:
Mike Strutter wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote: Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down. BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.
He's certainly no Richard Branson but is is also no mug.
Time will tell if there are any mugs coming out of this situation I believe it may be fans who are (through loyalty to Bradford Bull) daft enough to purchase season tickets for next season, do hope I'm wrong but this don't look good for Bradford Bulls.
I hope you're wrong too because me and my partner signed up for 2014 season tickets 4 months ago, way before the "Belong" campaign for 1000 season tickets was even announced. £30 per month for 6 months seemed like a good idea at the time.
[quote][p][bold]nowt fresh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mike Strutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Mumby, Sheffield Bull, Steampigs, Brian, Raisemeup, etc I would have expected to be on here calming it down. BedsRus, great hands, but no doubt the above will make out he is the Richard Branson of the Bed world.[/p][/quote]He's certainly no Richard Branson but is is also no mug.[/p][/quote]Time will tell if there are any mugs coming out of this situation I believe it may be fans who are (through loyalty to Bradford Bull) daft enough to purchase season tickets for next season, do hope I'm wrong but this don't look good for Bradford Bulls.[/p][/quote]I hope you're wrong too because me and my partner signed up for 2014 season tickets 4 months ago, way before the "Belong" campaign for 1000 season tickets was even announced. £30 per month for 6 months seemed like a good idea at the time. Bull4Life

2:50pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Purple Mullet says...

http://www.thetelegr
aphandargus.co.uk/ne
ws/4125354.Recession
_forces_hotel_owner_
to_sell/

Is it this Ryan Whitcut? Well the Bulls are in good, safe hands. And it's not at all strange that he bought that hotel from Omar Khan and now takes the Bulls of his hands.

Yep, nothing strange going on here, move right along people.
http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/4125354.Recession _forces_hotel_owner_ to_sell/ Is it this Ryan Whitcut? Well the Bulls are in good, safe hands. And it's not at all strange that he bought that hotel from Omar Khan and now takes the Bulls of his hands. Yep, nothing strange going on here, move right along people. Purple Mullet

2:53pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Avro says...

I'm surprised it took him so long for reality to set in!

Bolody shameful carry on and Khan full of wind., such much for his pie inthe sky ideas of grandure!

"Wembley of the North" - more like laughing stock!
I'm surprised it took him so long for reality to set in! Bolody shameful carry on and Khan full of wind., such much for his pie inthe sky ideas of grandure! "Wembley of the North" - more like laughing stock! Avro

2:54pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Avro says...

How long before Provident pull the plug?
How long before Provident pull the plug? Avro

3:05pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Farsley Bantam says...

Purple Mullet wrote:
http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/4125354.Recession _forces_hotel_owner_ to_sell/ Is it this Ryan Whitcut? Well the Bulls are in good, safe hands. And it's not at all strange that he bought that hotel from Omar Khan and now takes the Bulls of his hands. Yep, nothing strange going on here, move right along people.
If it is the same one then the Bullls are in big trouble. Every company bar one that this Ryan Whitcut has been involved in has been struck off or dissolved, some with unsatisfied CCJ's.
[quote][p][bold]Purple Mullet[/bold] wrote: http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/4125354.Recession _forces_hotel_owner_ to_sell/ Is it this Ryan Whitcut? Well the Bulls are in good, safe hands. And it's not at all strange that he bought that hotel from Omar Khan and now takes the Bulls of his hands. Yep, nothing strange going on here, move right along people.[/p][/quote]If it is the same one then the Bullls are in big trouble. Every company bar one that this Ryan Whitcut has been involved in has been struck off or dissolved, some with unsatisfied CCJ's. Farsley Bantam

3:07pm Wed 25 Sep 13

tyker7745 says...

rats usually leave a sinking ship but Khan is no rat. He is a shrewd business man who has preserved his property port folio by getting out now and getting others to take the risk going forward
rats usually leave a sinking ship but Khan is no rat. He is a shrewd business man who has preserved his property port folio by getting out now and getting others to take the risk going forward tyker7745

3:08pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

Just google reviews of Mr Moores company and also current directorship's

Another fly by night businessman who likes to think he is the new Roman Ibramovich
Just google reviews of Mr Moores company and also current directorship's Another fly by night businessman who likes to think he is the new Roman Ibramovich Andy2010

3:09pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Farsley Bantam says...

Farsley Bantam wrote:
Purple Mullet wrote: http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/4125354.Recession _forces_hotel_owner_ to_sell/ Is it this Ryan Whitcut? Well the Bulls are in good, safe hands. And it's not at all strange that he bought that hotel from Omar Khan and now takes the Bulls of his hands. Yep, nothing strange going on here, move right along people.
If it is the same one then the Bullls are in big trouble. Every company bar one that this Ryan Whitcut has been involved in has been struck off or dissolved, some with unsatisfied CCJ's.
Looks like the same one. Oh dear

http://www.thetelegr
aphandargus.co.uk/sp
ort/sportbulls/10015
392._Brand__new_kit_
deal_for_Bradford_Bu
lls/
[quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Purple Mullet[/bold] wrote: http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/4125354.Recession _forces_hotel_owner_ to_sell/ Is it this Ryan Whitcut? Well the Bulls are in good, safe hands. And it's not at all strange that he bought that hotel from Omar Khan and now takes the Bulls of his hands. Yep, nothing strange going on here, move right along people.[/p][/quote]If it is the same one then the Bullls are in big trouble. Every company bar one that this Ryan Whitcut has been involved in has been struck off or dissolved, some with unsatisfied CCJ's.[/p][/quote]Looks like the same one. Oh dear http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/sp ort/sportbulls/10015 392._Brand__new_kit_ deal_for_Bradford_Bu lls/ Farsley Bantam

3:36pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

About a year since this rubbish was announced.

http://www.thetelegr
aphandargus.co.uk/ne
ws/9906492._We_ll_in
vest___6m_in_Odsal_S
tadium_over_three_ye
ars_/

I'm guessing just one of many hollow promises to get the fans/happy clappers onboard to lap it up like seals.
About a year since this rubbish was announced. http://www.thetelegr aphandargus.co.uk/ne ws/9906492._We_ll_in vest___6m_in_Odsal_S tadium_over_three_ye ars_/ I'm guessing just one of many hollow promises to get the fans/happy clappers onboard to lap it up like seals. Thee Voice of Reason

3:45pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Loyalbull1981 says...

RFL have to agree to it yet and will only (HOPEFULLY) agree if Mark and Ryan can prove they have funds to run a SL club with a top 8 club usually costing 4million plus I hope alot of beds are sold in next few weeks. I have met the bloke and he seems really nice/keen to bring the club back to the good old days but sentiment doesnt pay wages.I am a optimist and think this club will still be here into 2014 and beyond
RFL have to agree to it yet and will only (HOPEFULLY) agree if Mark and Ryan can prove they have funds to run a SL club with a top 8 club usually costing 4million plus I hope alot of beds are sold in next few weeks. I have met the bloke and he seems really nice/keen to bring the club back to the good old days but sentiment doesnt pay wages.I am a optimist and think this club will still be here into 2014 and beyond Loyalbull1981

3:56pm Wed 25 Sep 13

spanglishbull.uk says...

"Time to hand over to the new regime".Anybody know is this the fourteen new men recently mentioned.I personally will keep my opinions to myself until I know the facts.To all you people on here who think you know everything,but in actual fact know nothing,you are a disgrace.To actually scoff and joke about the possible demise of a proud Rugby League Club who have brought pride and honour to City is beyond comprehension.To all you City fans scoffing at the Bulls situation,remember how many times you have been in the same situation.When I lived in the City I can remember City fans coming into my local club with buckets collecting to save the club.I am not a City fan but I donated because I being a sportsman did not want to see the club go under and lose a part of the culture of Bradford.Just be glad that somebody did come forward to save City and keep the club going.Now I suggest that instead of knocking a man that tried for the Bulls you applaud him for his efforts.I do realise though that I am not talking to sportsmen and women just self centred idiots who know absolutely nothing about what a sportsman is.By the way I am not a young starstruck teenager.I have been supporting Northern and the Bulls since 1950 and enjoyed good and bad times and certainly would not want to see any club go out of existence.You see,I,unlike some of you commenting on here have always been and always be a SPORTSMAN.
"Time to hand over to the new regime".Anybody know is this the fourteen new men recently mentioned.I personally will keep my opinions to myself until I know the facts.To all you people on here who think you know everything,but in actual fact know nothing,you are a disgrace.To actually scoff and joke about the possible demise of a proud Rugby League Club who have brought pride and honour to City is beyond comprehension.To all you City fans scoffing at the Bulls situation,remember how many times you have been in the same situation.When I lived in the City I can remember City fans coming into my local club with buckets collecting to save the club.I am not a City fan but I donated because I being a sportsman did not want to see the club go under and lose a part of the culture of Bradford.Just be glad that somebody did come forward to save City and keep the club going.Now I suggest that instead of knocking a man that tried for the Bulls you applaud him for his efforts.I do realise though that I am not talking to sportsmen and women just self centred idiots who know absolutely nothing about what a sportsman is.By the way I am not a young starstruck teenager.I have been supporting Northern and the Bulls since 1950 and enjoyed good and bad times and certainly would not want to see any club go out of existence.You see,I,unlike some of you commenting on here have always been and always be a SPORTSMAN. spanglishbull.uk

4:12pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
"Time to hand over to the new regime".Anybody know is this the fourteen new men recently mentioned.I personally will keep my opinions to myself until I know the facts.To all you people on here who think you know everything,but in actual fact know nothing,you are a disgrace.To actually scoff and joke about the possible demise of a proud Rugby League Club who have brought pride and honour to City is beyond comprehension.To all you City fans scoffing at the Bulls situation,remember how many times you have been in the same situation.When I lived in the City I can remember City fans coming into my local club with buckets collecting to save the club.I am not a City fan but I donated because I being a sportsman did not want to see the club go under and lose a part of the culture of Bradford.Just be glad that somebody did come forward to save City and keep the club going.Now I suggest that instead of knocking a man that tried for the Bulls you applaud him for his efforts.I do realise though that I am not talking to sportsmen and women just self centred idiots who know absolutely nothing about what a sportsman is.By the way I am not a young starstruck teenager.I have been supporting Northern and the Bulls since 1950 and enjoyed good and bad times and certainly would not want to see any club go out of existence.You see,I,unlike some of you commenting on here have always been and always be a SPORTSMAN.
What the hell are you on about?

Bradford Bulls is a business plain and simple. It requires MAJOR investment from a businessman / woman that is prepared to actually LOSE their own money they put into it then MANAGE it as a business though investment and sponsorship to make it a going concern and return into profit.

OK proved he didn't have either the funds or the business acumen to do this.

I can assure you that although Mark Moore might have the desire he doesn't have the money or experience to turn it around either.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: "Time to hand over to the new regime".Anybody know is this the fourteen new men recently mentioned.I personally will keep my opinions to myself until I know the facts.To all you people on here who think you know everything,but in actual fact know nothing,you are a disgrace.To actually scoff and joke about the possible demise of a proud Rugby League Club who have brought pride and honour to City is beyond comprehension.To all you City fans scoffing at the Bulls situation,remember how many times you have been in the same situation.When I lived in the City I can remember City fans coming into my local club with buckets collecting to save the club.I am not a City fan but I donated because I being a sportsman did not want to see the club go under and lose a part of the culture of Bradford.Just be glad that somebody did come forward to save City and keep the club going.Now I suggest that instead of knocking a man that tried for the Bulls you applaud him for his efforts.I do realise though that I am not talking to sportsmen and women just self centred idiots who know absolutely nothing about what a sportsman is.By the way I am not a young starstruck teenager.I have been supporting Northern and the Bulls since 1950 and enjoyed good and bad times and certainly would not want to see any club go out of existence.You see,I,unlike some of you commenting on here have always been and always be a SPORTSMAN.[/p][/quote]What the hell are you on about? Bradford Bulls is a business plain and simple. It requires MAJOR investment from a businessman / woman that is prepared to actually LOSE their own money they put into it then MANAGE it as a business though investment and sponsorship to make it a going concern and return into profit. OK proved he didn't have either the funds or the business acumen to do this. I can assure you that although Mark Moore might have the desire he doesn't have the money or experience to turn it around either. Andy2010

4:24pm Wed 25 Sep 13

nowt fresh says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
"Time to hand over to the new regime".Anybody know is this the fourteen new men recently mentioned.I personally will keep my opinions to myself until I know the facts.To all you people on here who think you know everything,but in actual fact know nothing,you are a disgrace.To actually scoff and joke about the possible demise of a proud Rugby League Club who have brought pride and honour to City is beyond comprehension.To all you City fans scoffing at the Bulls situation,remember how many times you have been in the same situation.When I lived in the City I can remember City fans coming into my local club with buckets collecting to save the club.I am not a City fan but I donated because I being a sportsman did not want to see the club go under and lose a part of the culture of Bradford.Just be glad that somebody did come forward to save City and keep the club going.Now I suggest that instead of knocking a man that tried for the Bulls you applaud him for his efforts.I do realise though that I am not talking to sportsmen and women just self centred idiots who know absolutely nothing about what a sportsman is.By the way I am not a young starstruck teenager.I have been supporting Northern and the Bulls since 1950 and enjoyed good and bad times and certainly would not want to see any club go out of existence.You see,I,unlike some of you commenting on here have always been and always be a SPORTSMAN.
Hardly keeping your opinions to your self with a rant like the above Mr SPORTSMAN.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: "Time to hand over to the new regime".Anybody know is this the fourteen new men recently mentioned.I personally will keep my opinions to myself until I know the facts.To all you people on here who think you know everything,but in actual fact know nothing,you are a disgrace.To actually scoff and joke about the possible demise of a proud Rugby League Club who have brought pride and honour to City is beyond comprehension.To all you City fans scoffing at the Bulls situation,remember how many times you have been in the same situation.When I lived in the City I can remember City fans coming into my local club with buckets collecting to save the club.I am not a City fan but I donated because I being a sportsman did not want to see the club go under and lose a part of the culture of Bradford.Just be glad that somebody did come forward to save City and keep the club going.Now I suggest that instead of knocking a man that tried for the Bulls you applaud him for his efforts.I do realise though that I am not talking to sportsmen and women just self centred idiots who know absolutely nothing about what a sportsman is.By the way I am not a young starstruck teenager.I have been supporting Northern and the Bulls since 1950 and enjoyed good and bad times and certainly would not want to see any club go out of existence.You see,I,unlike some of you commenting on here have always been and always be a SPORTSMAN.[/p][/quote]Hardly keeping your opinions to your self with a rant like the above Mr SPORTSMAN. nowt fresh

4:42pm Wed 25 Sep 13

spanglishbull.uk says...

Andy, You may know that Mark Moore does not have the money or wherwithal to carry the club forward.Do you know for a fact that he may or may not have other financial backers in the pipeline.I do not know the man nor do I know if he has other financial backing that is what I mean by keeping my opinions to myself until I do.Can you understand that NOWT FRESH.My comments about sportsmen are aimed at the Idiots who cannot wait to see the demise of a Sports Club,i.e. Wyke A.R.L.F.C Head Coach who,s Club have announced recently on this forum that this idiot has nothing to do with Wyke Club nor does he represent any of their feelings on this matter
Andy, You may know that Mark Moore does not have the money or wherwithal to carry the club forward.Do you know for a fact that he may or may not have other financial backers in the pipeline.I do not know the man nor do I know if he has other financial backing that is what I mean by keeping my opinions to myself until I do.Can you understand that NOWT FRESH.My comments about sportsmen are aimed at the Idiots who cannot wait to see the demise of a Sports Club,i.e. Wyke A.R.L.F.C Head Coach who,s Club have announced recently on this forum that this idiot has nothing to do with Wyke Club nor does he represent any of their feelings on this matter spanglishbull.uk

4:59pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Sheffieldbull says...

How very predictable that the 'City' schadenfreude are 'stirred' into stiffness at what they consider to be negative Bulls news. The article I've just read tells me that the Bulls have gone into new ownership, not administration. Sorry to pee on your 'valley' parades.
What a collection of high flying business brains collect around these stories, I'm amazed they find the time to ignore their own business empires to pass comment on here.... makes you wonder eh?
Thanks Omar for the life line you gave us, good health for the future, and good luck to our new leaders. COYBs!
How very predictable that the 'City' schadenfreude are 'stirred' into stiffness at what they consider to be negative Bulls news. The article I've just read tells me that the Bulls have gone into new ownership, not administration. Sorry to pee on your 'valley' parades. What a collection of high flying business brains collect around these stories, I'm amazed they find the time to ignore their own business empires to pass comment on here.... makes you wonder eh? Thanks Omar for the life line you gave us, good health for the future, and good luck to our new leaders. COYBs! Sheffieldbull

5:10pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Truth prevails says...

collos25 wrote:
Ballboy2012 wrote:
A big thanks and all the best to Omar Knah who tried and lost a large sum of money in the process.
Don.t make me laugh.
"Lost money" I doubt that very much. As someone said previously maybe his realised his not making anything
So much for keeping to his promises.
ill health in my opinion is an excuse. If his ill why is Gerry Sutcliffe standing down? Or is it contagious
[quote][p][bold]collos25[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ballboy2012[/bold] wrote: A big thanks and all the best to Omar Knah who tried and lost a large sum of money in the process.[/p][/quote]Don.t make me laugh.[/p][/quote]"Lost money" I doubt that very much. As someone said previously maybe his realised his not making anything So much for keeping to his promises. ill health in my opinion is an excuse. If his ill why is Gerry Sutcliffe standing down? Or is it contagious Truth prevails

5:10pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
Andy, You may know that Mark Moore does not have the money or wherwithal to carry the club forward.Do you know for a fact that he may or may not have other financial backers in the pipeline.I do not know the man nor do I know if he has other financial backing that is what I mean by keeping my opinions to myself until I do.Can you understand that NOWT FRESH.My comments about sportsmen are aimed at the Idiots who cannot wait to see the demise of a Sports Club,i.e. Wyke A.R.L.F.C Head Coach who,s Club have announced recently on this forum that this idiot has nothing to do with Wyke Club nor does he represent any of their feelings on this matter
OK ask yourself this

Investing in a club such as BB is a loss straight away. You are spending money month on month just to keep afloat and the only people who will do this are multi millionaires that enjoy the prestige and have a passion for the club. Put it like this...Bedzrus is not exactly a multi national corporate entity is it

Anyway that aside the only method is like you say financial backing. A quick look at BB accounts would have major banking lenders laugh you out of the office unless assets could be secured of which BB don't really own any so that's out of the question.

That leaves a personal backer. If someone was prepared and had the money to put into BB as a risk firstly

1) Why not do it and run it them self?
2) Why invest in Mark Moore?

Last time I looked Bedzrus wasn't trading on the FTSE100 index and wasn't being being managed by a successful businessman (by this definition I'm talking about a businessman that has been in the game for decades and produced numerous successful companies).

Couple this with the fact Mark Moore trading partner already has a failed business history and ....well

Honest answer...if you say had £5m in the bank and that's it for the rest of your life and Mark Moore / Ryan Whitcut come to you and said "Give us £4m to keep the bulls going"...knowing their business history would you ?

Maybe you would but any sane businessman or bank would tell them to sling their hook. Notice how the big millionaires in Bradford wont touch it with a bargepole

The top and bottom of all this and I don't have the answers is OK tried but failed...previous owners have run the club into the ground and unless someone comes along that had a MASSIVE war chest this club will go into decline and eventually nothing within the next five years.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: Andy, You may know that Mark Moore does not have the money or wherwithal to carry the club forward.Do you know for a fact that he may or may not have other financial backers in the pipeline.I do not know the man nor do I know if he has other financial backing that is what I mean by keeping my opinions to myself until I do.Can you understand that NOWT FRESH.My comments about sportsmen are aimed at the Idiots who cannot wait to see the demise of a Sports Club,i.e. Wyke A.R.L.F.C Head Coach who,s Club have announced recently on this forum that this idiot has nothing to do with Wyke Club nor does he represent any of their feelings on this matter[/p][/quote]OK ask yourself this Investing in a club such as BB is a loss straight away. You are spending money month on month just to keep afloat and the only people who will do this are multi millionaires that enjoy the prestige and have a passion for the club. Put it like this...Bedzrus is not exactly a multi national corporate entity is it Anyway that aside the only method is like you say financial backing. A quick look at BB accounts would have major banking lenders laugh you out of the office unless assets could be secured of which BB don't really own any so that's out of the question. That leaves a personal backer. If someone was prepared and had the money to put into BB as a risk firstly 1) Why not do it and run it them self? 2) Why invest in Mark Moore? Last time I looked Bedzrus wasn't trading on the FTSE100 index and wasn't being being managed by a successful businessman (by this definition I'm talking about a businessman that has been in the game for decades and produced numerous successful companies). Couple this with the fact Mark Moore trading partner already has a failed business history and ....well Honest answer...if you say had £5m in the bank and that's it for the rest of your life and Mark Moore / Ryan Whitcut come to you and said "Give us £4m to keep the bulls going"...knowing their business history would you ? Maybe you would but any sane businessman or bank would tell them to sling their hook. Notice how the big millionaires in Bradford wont touch it with a bargepole The top and bottom of all this and I don't have the answers is OK tried but failed...previous owners have run the club into the ground and unless someone comes along that had a MASSIVE war chest this club will go into decline and eventually nothing within the next five years. Andy2010

5:12pm Wed 25 Sep 13

StevieLad says...

Mike Strutter wrote:
Milly67 wrote:
How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.
The man "who sells beds" has been involved in the club for the last 4 1/2 months right under all your noses and has been evaluating the club and sorting things out behind the scenes. I'd say the club is in good hands.
Because the club has performed outstandingly for the last 4.5 months?

Because they were subject to a high court winding-up order due to very late payment of HMRC debt?

I don't know where you get such confidence from. But if I had to guess, I suspect you light one end and suck on the other
[quote][p][bold]Mike Strutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Milly67[/bold] wrote: How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.[/p][/quote]The man "who sells beds" has been involved in the club for the last 4 1/2 months right under all your noses and has been evaluating the club and sorting things out behind the scenes. I'd say the club is in good hands.[/p][/quote]Because the club has performed outstandingly for the last 4.5 months? Because they were subject to a high court winding-up order due to very late payment of HMRC debt? I don't know where you get such confidence from. But if I had to guess, I suspect you light one end and suck on the other StevieLad

5:15pm Wed 25 Sep 13

nowt fresh says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
Andy, You may know that Mark Moore does not have the money or wherwithal to carry the club forward.Do you know for a fact that he may or may not have other financial backers in the pipeline.I do not know the man nor do I know if he has other financial backing that is what I mean by keeping my opinions to myself until I do.Can you understand that NOWT FRESH.My comments about sportsmen are aimed at the Idiots who cannot wait to see the demise of a Sports Club,i.e. Wyke A.R.L.F.C Head Coach who,s Club have announced recently on this forum that this idiot has nothing to do with Wyke Club nor does he represent any of their feelings on this matter
Much clearer Mr SPORTSMAN now sit down and have a brew or maybe a San Miguel.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: Andy, You may know that Mark Moore does not have the money or wherwithal to carry the club forward.Do you know for a fact that he may or may not have other financial backers in the pipeline.I do not know the man nor do I know if he has other financial backing that is what I mean by keeping my opinions to myself until I do.Can you understand that NOWT FRESH.My comments about sportsmen are aimed at the Idiots who cannot wait to see the demise of a Sports Club,i.e. Wyke A.R.L.F.C Head Coach who,s Club have announced recently on this forum that this idiot has nothing to do with Wyke Club nor does he represent any of their feelings on this matter[/p][/quote]Much clearer Mr SPORTSMAN now sit down and have a brew or maybe a San Miguel. nowt fresh

5:17pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

StevieLad wrote:
Mike Strutter wrote:
Milly67 wrote: How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.
The man "who sells beds" has been involved in the club for the last 4 1/2 months right under all your noses and has been evaluating the club and sorting things out behind the scenes. I'd say the club is in good hands.
Because the club has performed outstandingly for the last 4.5 months? Because they were subject to a high court winding-up order due to very late payment of HMRC debt? I don't know where you get such confidence from. But if I had to guess, I suspect you light one end and suck on the other
Your forgetting the unpaid wages down to an admin error.
[quote][p][bold]StevieLad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mike Strutter[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Milly67[/bold] wrote: How can a man with 2 curry shops run a bottomless pit. Unfortunately sports clubs are a massive financal burden these days (resession still not over) people just don't have the money anymore. So how an earth is a guy who sells beds going to cope. Will be in the same strife this time next year. If. It sooner. How can we compete with only half the T. V money as other supporters I will not be renewing my season ticket and will pick and choose my game. We all clubbed together and gave our hard earned money to help keep the club a float can't afford to do it again. Very sad times and not much to look forward too.[/p][/quote]The man "who sells beds" has been involved in the club for the last 4 1/2 months right under all your noses and has been evaluating the club and sorting things out behind the scenes. I'd say the club is in good hands.[/p][/quote]Because the club has performed outstandingly for the last 4.5 months? Because they were subject to a high court winding-up order due to very late payment of HMRC debt? I don't know where you get such confidence from. But if I had to guess, I suspect you light one end and suck on the other[/p][/quote]Your forgetting the unpaid wages down to an admin error. Thee Voice of Reason

5:47pm Wed 25 Sep 13

justjustice says...

Andy2010 wrote:
LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things.

Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain.

You fools
Well duh! Everyone in it for the money, that's why they buy and run these clubs.

@nowt fresh "has Khan run out of money or not prepared to put any more in ?"

The real issue is how much are fans prepared to put in? It's clear not much even though they already get cheap tickets compared to other clubs. So if anyone is to blame, it is the fans themselves who refuse to financially support their own team.
At least this guy stepped up to try, yet fans are still unwilling to invest in the team they support.

The fact is most people know this which is why it was so hard to find a buyer before Omar. how can fans complain about him not putting enough money in when fans themselves arent bothered.
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: LOL all the fans here stating he has done good things. Do you SERIOUSLY believe he was in it for anything other than self publicity and financial gain. You fools[/p][/quote]Well duh! Everyone in it for the money, that's why they buy and run these clubs. @nowt fresh "has Khan run out of money or not prepared to put any more in ?" The real issue is how much are fans prepared to put in? It's clear not much even though they already get cheap tickets compared to other clubs. So if anyone is to blame, it is the fans themselves who refuse to financially support their own team. At least this guy stepped up to try, yet fans are still unwilling to invest in the team they support. The fact is most people know this which is why it was so hard to find a buyer before Omar. how can fans complain about him not putting enough money in when fans themselves arent bothered. justjustice

5:52pm Wed 25 Sep 13

spanglishbull.uk says...

Andy,
Fully understand your reasoning and in answer to your question,No I would noy put my last three or four million into it.However there are people about who are successful businessmen and do put money into a risky business,i.e. Ken Davy,Huddersfield and what gains has he made from his venture,precisely nothing I would guess.Look at the crowds there and he is still ploughing his money in.The only reason I can find for this is that he is a sportsman who loves his sport and did not want to see his club go to the wall,unlike some on this forum.
Andy, Fully understand your reasoning and in answer to your question,No I would noy put my last three or four million into it.However there are people about who are successful businessmen and do put money into a risky business,i.e. Ken Davy,Huddersfield and what gains has he made from his venture,precisely nothing I would guess.Look at the crowds there and he is still ploughing his money in.The only reason I can find for this is that he is a sportsman who loves his sport and did not want to see his club go to the wall,unlike some on this forum. spanglishbull.uk

7:10pm Wed 25 Sep 13

fraternise says...

I too wish Omar, Vipin & Gerry all the best. We wouldn't have a club at all if it wasn't for them.. We were 25 minutes away from extinction. During the last year I have seen the hands on work they have had to do to keep the Club viable, bearing in mind 7 weeks with no income and 1/2 sky money etc. I truly believe that when Omar says 'due to ill health' that is the case. Also Vipin came out of retirement to help run the Bulls. Believe what you will that is how it was.
These were not Directors who just had to direct the Club, we started with nothing, and there was immense work to be done every day. If the so called Fans on this site had half the integrity (with exceptions of course, my apologies if you are presumed guilty by association)
I wish the best of health to Omar & Vipin, because after all your health is the most important factor. Welcome to Mark Moore, and of course Ryan Whitcut who has stepped up with Mark to the challenge of growing our club even further.
I too wish Omar, Vipin & Gerry all the best. We wouldn't have a club at all if it wasn't for them.. We were 25 minutes away from extinction. During the last year I have seen the hands on work they have had to do to keep the Club viable, bearing in mind 7 weeks with no income and 1/2 sky money etc. I truly believe that when Omar says 'due to ill health' that is the case. Also Vipin came out of retirement to help run the Bulls. Believe what you will that is how it was. These were not Directors who just had to direct the Club, we started with nothing, and there was immense work to be done every day. If the so called Fans on this site had half the integrity (with exceptions of course, my apologies if you are presumed guilty by association) I wish the best of health to Omar & Vipin, because after all your health is the most important factor. Welcome to Mark Moore, and of course Ryan Whitcut who has stepped up with Mark to the challenge of growing our club even further. fraternise

7:12pm Wed 25 Sep 13

WykeARLFCHeadCoach says...

Spangles the viking and Sheffield dull his lover once again try defend the un defendable
Spangles the viking and Sheffield dull his lover once again try defend the un defendable WykeARLFCHeadCoach

7:32pm Wed 25 Sep 13

spanglishbull.uk says...

Wyke,

What?
Wyke, What? spanglishbull.uk

8:19pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Bulls4Life!!! says...

What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you!
What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you! Bulls4Life!!!

8:26pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Mumby was the best says...

Bulls4Life!!! wrote:
What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you!
Well said.
[quote][p][bold]Bulls4Life!!![/bold] wrote: What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you![/p][/quote]Well said. Mumby was the best

8:40pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Simply the truth!!! says...

Credit to me khan for saving the bulls when they were in the sh**
Credit to me khan for saving the bulls when they were in the sh** Simply the truth!!!

8:44pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Big_Biscuit says...

Not looking good is it. Needs someone who knows the game and how to run a business and has serious money.
Not looking good is it. Needs someone who knows the game and how to run a business and has serious money. Big_Biscuit

9:02pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Mike Strutter says...

Bulls4Life!!! wrote:
What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you!
Hold on, last time I saw Gerry Sutcliffe was a MP paid by you and me so how did he find the time to spend everyday at Odsal ?
[quote][p][bold]Bulls4Life!!![/bold] wrote: What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you![/p][/quote]Hold on, last time I saw Gerry Sutcliffe was a MP paid by you and me so how did he find the time to spend everyday at Odsal ? Mike Strutter

9:02pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Mike Strutter says...

Bulls4Life!!! wrote:
What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you!
Hold on, last time I saw Gerry Sutcliffe was a MP paid by you and me so how did he find the time to spend everyday at Odsal ?
[quote][p][bold]Bulls4Life!!![/bold] wrote: What many of you fail to see is the genuine passion and dedication shown by the departing board members. Regardless of if it is a match day or not they spend all day every day at the Provident Stadium, and I first hand have seen them working alongside the many people Omar has employed at the club no matter how labour intensive it may be. Without the more than courageous decision Omar chose to take just over a year ago we wouldn't have a club to call ours. This shows the love for the city and the game Omar, Gerry and Vipin emulate. The loss of this clubs heritage would have been a massive blow for both Bradford and the rugby league world. The real bulls fans amongst us will join me in saying a massive thank you to Gerry, Vipin and Omar for their endless hard work and dedication to the club and all the club symbolises. I wish you all the best in the future and once again thank you![/p][/quote]Hold on, last time I saw Gerry Sutcliffe was a MP paid by you and me so how did he find the time to spend everyday at Odsal ? Mike Strutter

9:47pm Wed 25 Sep 13

bbibby says...

How can any of the usual fools who post on here try and defend Khan and his cronies. Neve mind Whitcut and Robbie will be next. To Run away when they have to find the wages for the next 5months. I predicted Mr Nokhan would desert the cause.
How can any of the usual fools who post on here try and defend Khan and his cronies. Neve mind Whitcut and Robbie will be next. To Run away when they have to find the wages for the next 5months. I predicted Mr Nokhan would desert the cause. bbibby

10:26pm Wed 25 Sep 13

bradfordbronco says...

Omar saved the club and put it on a firmer foundations. The job was just too big for him. with people like Robbie on board, the club is now set to move forward. We have a decent fan base of loyal supporters . Huddersfield struggled to get 5000 when they finished top of the league and the guy putting the money in is well past retirement age. I can't wait for next season, lets hope the team does well on the pitch and all those that don't get a season ticket pay on the day. That would boost the club coffers even more.

Perhaps sports clubs aren't cheap to run, but RL clubs such as the Bulls should be one of the easiest. Once the full sky money becomes available alongside Money from attendances, sponsorship, merchandising ,food and drink sales etc etc as long as we don't give out stupid pay deals like Hood did with Sykes, Platt, Langley, Halley etc then i'm sure they should come close to breaking even.

Thanks Omar for giving it your best and stepping in when the club was set to fold. I think we'll look back in years to come and fully appreciate how important you were to the club. Most people who come on here and criticize cant even hold down a full time job and have achieved very little in their sad lives. good luck to you in the future and hope to see you enjoying the games next season
Omar saved the club and put it on a firmer foundations. The job was just too big for him. with people like Robbie on board, the club is now set to move forward. We have a decent fan base of loyal supporters . Huddersfield struggled to get 5000 when they finished top of the league and the guy putting the money in is well past retirement age. I can't wait for next season, lets hope the team does well on the pitch and all those that don't get a season ticket pay on the day. That would boost the club coffers even more. Perhaps sports clubs aren't cheap to run, but RL clubs such as the Bulls should be one of the easiest. Once the full sky money becomes available alongside Money from attendances, sponsorship, merchandising ,food and drink sales etc etc as long as we don't give out stupid pay deals like Hood did with Sykes, Platt, Langley, Halley etc then i'm sure they should come close to breaking even. Thanks Omar for giving it your best and stepping in when the club was set to fold. I think we'll look back in years to come and fully appreciate how important you were to the club. Most people who come on here and criticize cant even hold down a full time job and have achieved very little in their sad lives. good luck to you in the future and hope to see you enjoying the games next season bradfordbronco

10:35pm Wed 25 Sep 13

Mike Strutter says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
Omar saved the club and put it on a firmer foundations. The job was just too big for him. with people like Robbie on board, the club is now set to move forward. We have a decent fan base of loyal supporters . Huddersfield struggled to get 5000 when they finished top of the league and the guy putting the money in is well past retirement age. I can't wait for next season, lets hope the team does well on the pitch and all those that don't get a season ticket pay on the day. That would boost the club coffers even more.

Perhaps sports clubs aren't cheap to run, but RL clubs such as the Bulls should be one of the easiest. Once the full sky money becomes available alongside Money from attendances, sponsorship, merchandising ,food and drink sales etc etc as long as we don't give out stupid pay deals like Hood did with Sykes, Platt, Langley, Halley etc then i'm sure they should come close to breaking even.

Thanks Omar for giving it your best and stepping in when the club was set to fold. I think we'll look back in years to come and fully appreciate how important you were to the club. Most people who come on here and criticize cant even hold down a full time job and have achieved very little in their sad lives. good luck to you in the future and hope to see you enjoying the games next season
Well said
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Omar saved the club and put it on a firmer foundations. The job was just too big for him. with people like Robbie on board, the club is now set to move forward. We have a decent fan base of loyal supporters . Huddersfield struggled to get 5000 when they finished top of the league and the guy putting the money in is well past retirement age. I can't wait for next season, lets hope the team does well on the pitch and all those that don't get a season ticket pay on the day. That would boost the club coffers even more. Perhaps sports clubs aren't cheap to run, but RL clubs such as the Bulls should be one of the easiest. Once the full sky money becomes available alongside Money from attendances, sponsorship, merchandising ,food and drink sales etc etc as long as we don't give out stupid pay deals like Hood did with Sykes, Platt, Langley, Halley etc then i'm sure they should come close to breaking even. Thanks Omar for giving it your best and stepping in when the club was set to fold. I think we'll look back in years to come and fully appreciate how important you were to the club. Most people who come on here and criticize cant even hold down a full time job and have achieved very little in their sad lives. good luck to you in the future and hope to see you enjoying the games next season[/p][/quote]Well said Mike Strutter

8:41am Thu 26 Sep 13

Andy2010 says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
Omar saved the club and put it on a firmer foundations. The job was just too big for him. with people like Robbie on board, the club is now set to move forward. We have a decent fan base of loyal supporters . Huddersfield struggled to get 5000 when they finished top of the league and the guy putting the money in is well past retirement age. I can't wait for next season, lets hope the team does well on the pitch and all those that don't get a season ticket pay on the day. That would boost the club coffers even more.

Perhaps sports clubs aren't cheap to run, but RL clubs such as the Bulls should be one of the easiest. Once the full sky money becomes available alongside Money from attendances, sponsorship, merchandising ,food and drink sales etc etc as long as we don't give out stupid pay deals like Hood did with Sykes, Platt, Langley, Halley etc then i'm sure they should come close to breaking even.

Thanks Omar for giving it your best and stepping in when the club was set to fold. I think we'll look back in years to come and fully appreciate how important you were to the club. Most people who come on here and criticize cant even hold down a full time job and have achieved very little in their sad lives. good luck to you in the future and hope to see you enjoying the games next season
LOL....some people are truly delusional
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Omar saved the club and put it on a firmer foundations. The job was just too big for him. with people like Robbie on board, the club is now set to move forward. We have a decent fan base of loyal supporters . Huddersfield struggled to get 5000 when they finished top of the league and the guy putting the money in is well past retirement age. I can't wait for next season, lets hope the team does well on the pitch and all those that don't get a season ticket pay on the day. That would boost the club coffers even more. Perhaps sports clubs aren't cheap to run, but RL clubs such as the Bulls should be one of the easiest. Once the full sky money becomes available alongside Money from attendances, sponsorship, merchandising ,food and drink sales etc etc as long as we don't give out stupid pay deals like Hood did with Sykes, Platt, Langley, Halley etc then i'm sure they should come close to breaking even. Thanks Omar for giving it your best and stepping in when the club was set to fold. I think we'll look back in years to come and fully appreciate how important you were to the club. Most people who come on here and criticize cant even hold down a full time job and have achieved very little in their sad lives. good luck to you in the future and hope to see you enjoying the games next season[/p][/quote]LOL....some people are truly delusional Andy2010

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree