Bradford City unveil plans for general sale of Wembley tickets

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: . .

City have revealed details of how they will oversee the general sale of Wembley tickets.

Just under 2,500 are expected to be available once the season ticket and flexi-card holder window finishes at 5pm on Wednesday.

From 9am Thursday, the remainder will go on sale from the Valley Parade ticket office only.

Fans will be able to buy a maximum of two tickets each on a first come, first served basis.

With Swansea already selling out their allocation, there will be a system in place to make sure that opposition fans do not get into City areas at Wembley.

Any supporter wishing to buy tickets must produce one stub from a home league game this season. They also need to have a utility bill showing they live in the area and a copy of some photo identification.

The added security measures have been brought in on the request of the football authorities. Any queries should be emailed to the club to Wembley@the-bantams.co.uk.

Tickets are available across all price bands subject to availability.

Comments (105)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:37pm Sun 10 Feb 13

RuggerTyke says...

I feel for those who live further away but I gather a bank statement qualifies as utility bill ??.
I feel for those who live further away but I gather a bank statement qualifies as utility bill ??. RuggerTyke

2:53pm Sun 10 Feb 13

since1958 says...

Hope you are not a Pub Landlady !!!!!
Hope you are not a Pub Landlady !!!!! since1958

2:57pm Sun 10 Feb 13

RuggerTyke says...

Ha!
Ha! RuggerTyke

3:06pm Sun 10 Feb 13

silverbantam says...

I'm getting my ticket stubs on eBay as I write this !!!

Seriously though how many fans keep their ticket stubs ?
I'm getting my ticket stubs on eBay as I write this !!! Seriously though how many fans keep their ticket stubs ? silverbantam

3:23pm Sun 10 Feb 13

RuggerTyke says...

silverbantam wrote:
I'm getting my ticket stubs on eBay as I write this !!!

Seriously though how many fans keep their ticket stubs ?
They will be cropping up!
[quote][p][bold]silverbantam[/bold] wrote: I'm getting my ticket stubs on eBay as I write this !!! Seriously though how many fans keep their ticket stubs ?[/p][/quote]They will be cropping up! RuggerTyke

3:30pm Sun 10 Feb 13

BigFigure says...

And cue....moaners!.....
...
And cue....moaners!..... ... BigFigure

3:32pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Sandy lane bantam says...

I actually have a lot of sympathy now for non local supporters. Not fair they are penalised in the general sale.

Who keeps ticket stubs in league 2 anyway? I think we will struggle to sell out now. Can't imagine there will be 1.2k people with a stub and live in Bradford! Completely absurd decision by the fl.
I actually have a lot of sympathy now for non local supporters. Not fair they are penalised in the general sale. Who keeps ticket stubs in league 2 anyway? I think we will struggle to sell out now. Can't imagine there will be 1.2k people with a stub and live in Bradford! Completely absurd decision by the fl. Sandy lane bantam

3:42pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Anyone who bought a ticket this season will be on the clubs database so not having a stubb shouldn't be a problem.
I'm presuming season ticket holders can turn up Thursday to buy more tickets if required.
Anyone who bought a ticket this season will be on the clubs database so not having a stubb shouldn't be a problem. I'm presuming season ticket holders can turn up Thursday to buy more tickets if required. Thee Voice of Reason

3:46pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Shaunfromrichmond1 says...

Also all the fans who go week in week out and have ticket stubs will surely already have there tickets for wembley as the crowds we get are near enough all st/flexi card holders?
Also all the fans who go week in week out and have ticket stubs will surely already have there tickets for wembley as the crowds we get are near enough all st/flexi card holders? Shaunfromrichmond1

3:54pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ajohnboy79 says...

I serve away from home with the Forces and family members have bought my tickets for me prior to the games that I have attended, so no record of me, as for ticket stubbs...... If only I had Balls made of Crystal not Grissle I would of stored them in a safe place. Oh well... SKY it is! Good luck one and all!!
I serve away from home with the Forces and family members have bought my tickets for me prior to the games that I have attended, so no record of me, as for ticket stubbs...... If only I had Balls made of Crystal not Grissle I would of stored them in a safe place. Oh well... SKY it is! Good luck one and all!! ajohnboy79

4:03pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Seems the bluff has been called on some of those I turn up every week but don't have a season ticket or flexicard lot.
Seems the bluff has been called on some of those I turn up every week but don't have a season ticket or flexicard lot. Thee Voice of Reason

4:05pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ajohnboy79 says...

Will be surprised if they sell them with the current guidelines.... I can only hope that there is a light at the end of this long tunnel for myself.
Will be surprised if they sell them with the current guidelines.... I can only hope that there is a light at the end of this long tunnel for myself. ajohnboy79

4:16pm Sun 10 Feb 13

BigFigure says...

If there are tickets left after the "Stubs" scheme, I doubt if the club will be sending them back....a first come first served hour will surely follow...and I bet there's a few stubs on ebay in the next few hours....
If there are tickets left after the "Stubs" scheme, I doubt if the club will be sending them back....a first come first served hour will surely follow...and I bet there's a few stubs on ebay in the next few hours.... BigFigure

4:23pm Sun 10 Feb 13

RuggerTyke says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Anyone who bought a ticket this season will be on the clubs database so not having a stubb shouldn't be a problem.
I'm presuming season ticket holders can turn up Thursday to buy more tickets if required.
Yes, my purchases are.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Anyone who bought a ticket this season will be on the clubs database so not having a stubb shouldn't be a problem. I'm presuming season ticket holders can turn up Thursday to buy more tickets if required.[/p][/quote]Yes, my purchases are. RuggerTyke

4:24pm Sun 10 Feb 13

seasonticketholder says...

ajohnboy79 wrote:
I serve away from home with the Forces and family members have bought my tickets for me prior to the games that I have attended, so no record of me, as for ticket stubbs...... If only I had Balls made of Crystal not Grissle I would of stored them in a safe place. Oh well... SKY it is! Good luck one and all!!
Actually that will be every second week during the season at best. Unless you are a very unusual person!
[quote][p][bold]ajohnboy79[/bold] wrote: I serve away from home with the Forces and family members have bought my tickets for me prior to the games that I have attended, so no record of me, as for ticket stubbs...... If only I had Balls made of Crystal not Grissle I would of stored them in a safe place. Oh well... SKY it is! Good luck one and all!![/p][/quote]Actually that will be every second week during the season at best. Unless you are a very unusual person! seasonticketholder

4:26pm Sun 10 Feb 13

bantam85 says...

So let me get this right, if you don't live in Bradford and have never been to a game but you know a season ticket holder then you can have a Wembley ticket but if you're a city fan who no longer lives in Bradford then you've got no chance? Oh dear.
So let me get this right, if you don't live in Bradford and have never been to a game but you know a season ticket holder then you can have a Wembley ticket but if you're a city fan who no longer lives in Bradford then you've got no chance? Oh dear. bantam85

4:36pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ajohnboy79 says...

Season ticket holder: I am based on the south coast and only get North a few times a year, hence the reason family get me tickets. Tell ya what, you do my job and I will watch City every week!!
Season ticket holder: I am based on the south coast and only get North a few times a year, hence the reason family get me tickets. Tell ya what, you do my job and I will watch City every week!! ajohnboy79

4:52pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

bantam85 wrote:
So let me get this right, if you don't live in Bradford and have never been to a game but you know a season ticket holder then you can have a Wembley ticket but if you're a city fan who no longer lives in Bradford then you've got no chance? Oh dear.
If you have history with the club I doubt there will be a problem, if your from south wales there will be.
[quote][p][bold]bantam85[/bold] wrote: So let me get this right, if you don't live in Bradford and have never been to a game but you know a season ticket holder then you can have a Wembley ticket but if you're a city fan who no longer lives in Bradford then you've got no chance? Oh dear.[/p][/quote]If you have history with the club I doubt there will be a problem, if your from south wales there will be. Thee Voice of Reason

4:56pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Alvechurch73 says...

If you can produce a ticket stub but your utility bill shows you live away, will you be allowed a ticket?
If you can produce a ticket stub but your utility bill shows you live away, will you be allowed a ticket? Alvechurch73

5:28pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Rambo says...

Alvechurch73 wrote:
If you can produce a ticket stub but your utility bill shows you live away, will you be allowed a ticket?
There is NOTHING to say just because you don't live in Bradford you won't be allowed a ticket.

Its to make sure -
1. They can trace them back in case they are touted. Wembley will employ people to look on the usual sites for this.
2. They can check names on our database. Anyone whos been a ST holder in the last 15 years will be on it, as will people who have had to register for things like coach travel, some away games etc.
3. They can check suspicious names and addresses with Swansea to make sure they aren't on their fans database.
[quote][p][bold]Alvechurch73[/bold] wrote: If you can produce a ticket stub but your utility bill shows you live away, will you be allowed a ticket?[/p][/quote]There is NOTHING to say just because you don't live in Bradford you won't be allowed a ticket. Its to make sure - 1. They can trace them back in case they are touted. Wembley will employ people to look on the usual sites for this. 2. They can check names on our database. Anyone whos been a ST holder in the last 15 years will be on it, as will people who have had to register for things like coach travel, some away games etc. 3. They can check suspicious names and addresses with Swansea to make sure they aren't on their fans database. Rambo

6:02pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Beckenham_Bantam says...

Does seem a little unfair to allocate remaining tickets on first come first served basis, with proof of address in teh area. What about those fans that live away (as mentioned several times above) who have had season tickets for many years in the past!

At least it gives those non-City fans a day out at Wembley!
Does seem a little unfair to allocate remaining tickets on first come first served basis, with proof of address in teh area. What about those fans that live away (as mentioned several times above) who have had season tickets for many years in the past! At least it gives those non-City fans a day out at Wembley! Beckenham_Bantam

6:31pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Nickloza says...

Nothing wrong ensuring Bradford fans who have been to Bradford City games have a chance at a ticket if people move away and don't go they should hardly come before those who do.
Nothing wrong ensuring Bradford fans who have been to Bradford City games have a chance at a ticket if people move away and don't go they should hardly come before those who do. Nickloza

6:42pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Colin Allcars says...

Never mind, all those 'fans' who can't get a wemberlee ticket, willl have flocked to the gillingham game to support their team!
Never mind, all those 'fans' who can't get a wemberlee ticket, willl have flocked to the gillingham game to support their team! Colin Allcars

6:45pm Sun 10 Feb 13

bemusedbylife says...

Me again!!!!! Did all you 'new die hard' supporters enjoy watching the gillingham game yesterday? Im sure you do not need to worry as you can keep your stubs from the game...oh wait a minute the attendance was only just over 10000 hmmm that will be a no then.
Good luck on ebay then!!
Every moaning eventuality is covered on these pages, i buy a shirt but dont go, ive never been to valley parade but i deserve a wembley ticket....Get a grip!!!
My other 2 tickets went to a good home thanks not on ebay or non supporters...my mum and sister who support city!!!!
Me again!!!!! Did all you 'new die hard' supporters enjoy watching the gillingham game yesterday? Im sure you do not need to worry as you can keep your stubs from the game...oh wait a minute the attendance was only just over 10000 hmmm that will be a no then. Good luck on ebay then!! Every moaning eventuality is covered on these pages, i buy a shirt but dont go, ive never been to valley parade but i deserve a wembley ticket....Get a grip!!! My other 2 tickets went to a good home thanks not on ebay or non supporters...my mum and sister who support city!!!! bemusedbylife

6:46pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Homer@34 says...

As a seaon ticket holder I think the stub requests is asking a lot. However after the anouncement that certain conditions were to be put in place I actually thought they would do this and was antisipating a few extra thousand at Valley yesterday. I dont get the sums from City as the initial allocation was 31,852. City have sold 29,000 so that should be 2852 ticket left . Plus the extra 1,200 tickets that were secured on Thursday making a grand total of 4,052.
Just a final word so sorry to the second West TV fans you don't get stubs watching from the pub.
Good luck to all the non season ticket holders I hope you get there.
As a seaon ticket holder I think the stub requests is asking a lot. However after the anouncement that certain conditions were to be put in place I actually thought they would do this and was antisipating a few extra thousand at Valley yesterday. I dont get the sums from City as the initial allocation was 31,852. City have sold 29,000 so that should be 2852 ticket left . Plus the extra 1,200 tickets that were secured on Thursday making a grand total of 4,052. Just a final word so sorry to the second West TV fans you don't get stubs watching from the pub. Good luck to all the non season ticket holders I hope you get there. Homer@34

7:12pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Alanba says...

As a lifelong city fan living these days in Manchester I get to about 6 or 8 home games a season and some away matches including Wigan and Villa this year but never bought a season ticket since prem leaugue days. I have waited patiently for this announcement only to find as understand it I have to drive to Bradford which I will do and produce a stub which i have but also need to produce a local utility bill which I cannot. Bit angry about that !
As a lifelong city fan living these days in Manchester I get to about 6 or 8 home games a season and some away matches including Wigan and Villa this year but never bought a season ticket since prem leaugue days. I have waited patiently for this announcement only to find as understand it I have to drive to Bradford which I will do and produce a stub which i have but also need to produce a local utility bill which I cannot. Bit angry about that ! Alanba

7:16pm Sun 10 Feb 13

silverbantam says...

From city website:

To purchase tickets you'll need to provide the following documentation:-
Utility bill showing locality
Photo ID - such as passport or driving licence
A ticket stub from any 2012/13 season Bradford City league match
------------

"Utility bill showing locality" is too vague. What does locality actually mean. We need more information.

Also a photo driving license has your address on it so why do you need a utility bill ?
From city website: To purchase tickets you'll need to provide the following documentation:- Utility bill showing locality Photo ID - such as passport or driving licence A ticket stub from any 2012/13 season Bradford City league match ------------ "Utility bill showing locality" is too vague. What does locality actually mean. We need more information. Also a photo driving license has your address on it so why do you need a utility bill ? silverbantam

7:25pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Bantam abroad says...

I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans.

I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local????

This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory.

Sickened doesn't come close.
I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans. I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local???? This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory. Sickened doesn't come close. Bantam abroad

7:32pm Sun 10 Feb 13

seasonticketholder says...

ajohnboy79 wrote:
Season ticket holder: I am based on the south coast and only get North a few times a year, hence the reason family get me tickets. Tell ya what, you do my job and I will watch City every week!!
You do not understand dry humour! We only have 23 home matches and a few cup games. The season ends in April until August. Unless you like to go and see the stadium, why would you be going 'every week'.
[quote][p][bold]ajohnboy79[/bold] wrote: Season ticket holder: I am based on the south coast and only get North a few times a year, hence the reason family get me tickets. Tell ya what, you do my job and I will watch City every week!![/p][/quote]You do not understand dry humour! We only have 23 home matches and a few cup games. The season ends in April until August. Unless you like to go and see the stadium, why would you be going 'every week'. seasonticketholder

7:46pm Sun 10 Feb 13

bradford321 says...

Would also suggest if you do live out of the area and are planning on queuing, if you were born in yorkshire but have moved away take your birth certificate too as that shows your place of birth.
Would also suggest if you do live out of the area and are planning on queuing, if you were born in yorkshire but have moved away take your birth certificate too as that shows your place of birth. bradford321

7:48pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Hi, if anyone has any spare ticket stubs please post them through the letter box at the Second West as we need to get 55 tickets.
Thanks in advance.
Xxx
Hi, if anyone has any spare ticket stubs please post them through the letter box at the Second West as we need to get 55 tickets. Thanks in advance. Xxx Thee Voice of Reason

8:26pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Onebrianmitchell says...

If you can't even muster up a season ticket stub or don't know one single mate who would get you one of his three through his season ticket then you simply don't deserve one.

End of.
If you can't even muster up a season ticket stub or don't know one single mate who would get you one of his three through his season ticket then you simply don't deserve one. End of. Onebrianmitchell

8:28pm Sun 10 Feb 13

macca1969 says...

Nickloza wrote:
Nothing wrong ensuring Bradford fans who have been to Bradford City games have a chance at a ticket if people move away and don't go they should hardly come before those who do.
What about the ones that do have a ticket stub? Have been but live elsewhere so don't have a local utility bill? This bit is a complete joke I'm sorry but the club are asking too much now.
[quote][p][bold]Nickloza[/bold] wrote: Nothing wrong ensuring Bradford fans who have been to Bradford City games have a chance at a ticket if people move away and don't go they should hardly come before those who do.[/p][/quote]What about the ones that do have a ticket stub? Have been but live elsewhere so don't have a local utility bill? This bit is a complete joke I'm sorry but the club are asking too much now. macca1969

8:30pm Sun 10 Feb 13

macca1969 says...

Alanba wrote:
As a lifelong city fan living these days in Manchester I get to about 6 or 8 home games a season and some away matches including Wigan and Villa this year but never bought a season ticket since prem leaugue days. I have waited patiently for this announcement only to find as understand it I have to drive to Bradford which I will do and produce a stub which i have but also need to produce a local utility bill which I cannot. Bit angry about that !
Totally agree with you mate,that bits a joke. Try calling the club before Thursday and see if Manchester is far enough away from south Wales. What an effing joke I'm sorry
[quote][p][bold]Alanba[/bold] wrote: As a lifelong city fan living these days in Manchester I get to about 6 or 8 home games a season and some away matches including Wigan and Villa this year but never bought a season ticket since prem leaugue days. I have waited patiently for this announcement only to find as understand it I have to drive to Bradford which I will do and produce a stub which i have but also need to produce a local utility bill which I cannot. Bit angry about that ![/p][/quote]Totally agree with you mate,that bits a joke. Try calling the club before Thursday and see if Manchester is far enough away from south Wales. What an effing joke I'm sorry macca1969

8:31pm Sun 10 Feb 13

steeton bantam says...

The website says "A ticket stub from any 2012/13 season Bradford City league match"
I assume the meaning of ANY is also away games?
Therefore those who live away from Bradford have probably had the chance to see City at one of the many away games this season.
The website says "A ticket stub from any 2012/13 season Bradford City league match" I assume the meaning of ANY is also away games? Therefore those who live away from Bradford have probably had the chance to see City at one of the many away games this season. steeton bantam

8:37pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

The club is a joke seems to have risen again.
It's the FL and Wembley that are forcing them to do this, take it up with them.
If they don't follow the FL or Wembley they probably have to return the tickets so no one gets them.
The club is a joke seems to have risen again. It's the FL and Wembley that are forcing them to do this, take it up with them. If they don't follow the FL or Wembley they probably have to return the tickets so no one gets them. Thee Voice of Reason

8:52pm Sun 10 Feb 13

ajohnboy79 says...

Season ticket holder: you have less crack than a one inch whip...... Give up and go back to hugging kittens. And I hope you leave your Final tickets in your pocket and put them through the wash.
Season ticket holder: you have less crack than a one inch whip...... Give up and go back to hugging kittens. And I hope you leave your Final tickets in your pocket and put them through the wash. ajohnboy79

9:23pm Sun 10 Feb 13

cyn1cal says...

Haven't kept my stubs, don't get to many games as I work in retail but have been this season, travelled the length and breadth of the country in the past following City but really struggling to get to Wembley
Haven't kept my stubs, don't get to many games as I work in retail but have been this season, travelled the length and breadth of the country in the past following City but really struggling to get to Wembley cyn1cal

9:47pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Stevie-C says...

Only thing that bemuses me about this scenario is the potential of 1250 people queuing outside the ticket office on a freezing cold day - the exact reason david baldwin wanted all wembley sales to ST holders to be strictly online and phone. I smell a little BS personally. The club has milked it to the max with the 10p per minute phone and extra charges for post etc. then again i guess most businesses operate like this, you have to grasp the opportunities! Glad i have my tickets though
Only thing that bemuses me about this scenario is the potential of 1250 people queuing outside the ticket office on a freezing cold day - the exact reason david baldwin wanted all wembley sales to ST holders to be strictly online and phone. I smell a little BS personally. The club has milked it to the max with the 10p per minute phone and extra charges for post etc. then again i guess most businesses operate like this, you have to grasp the opportunities! Glad i have my tickets though Stevie-C

9:55pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Midlandsbantam says...

I'm a little disappointed to say the least with the announcement regards general sale tickets. I can provide all the required documents etc required for tickets (location dependent on approval from the club!!) however my main issue is the release day of the tickets - Thursday 9am in person only - this is a ridiculous decision really - even for people who live locally, not everyone can book time of work to queue for a ticket. I live in the Midlands and can't get time off work on Thursday and with no option of telephone/internet sales I have no chance of a ticket. If the window for season ticket holders only had been altered slightly couldn't we just have had a fair queue off on a weekend??!!
I'm a little disappointed to say the least with the announcement regards general sale tickets. I can provide all the required documents etc required for tickets (location dependent on approval from the club!!) however my main issue is the release day of the tickets - Thursday 9am in person only - this is a ridiculous decision really - even for people who live locally, not everyone can book time of work to queue for a ticket. I live in the Midlands and can't get time off work on Thursday and with no option of telephone/internet sales I have no chance of a ticket. If the window for season ticket holders only had been altered slightly couldn't we just have had a fair queue off on a weekend??!! Midlandsbantam

9:58pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Jonbantam says...

Buy a ticket for York away on the 2nd march and that gives you a league match ticket stub.
Buy a ticket for York away on the 2nd march and that gives you a league match ticket stub. Jonbantam

10:24pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Rambo says...

Right. For the UMPTEENTH TIME, its not the clubs fault - these policies are down to Wembley and the FL to limit general sale figures and prevent the risk of touting. That is also why the general sale rules are so strict.

You can still get a ticket regardless of address. It's so with the ID required they can trace touted tickets. But don't let that get in the way of having a moan eh?

I am sick of hearing and reading people slag the club off when their hands are pretty much tied.
Right. For the UMPTEENTH TIME, its not the clubs fault - these policies are down to Wembley and the FL to limit general sale figures and prevent the risk of touting. That is also why the general sale rules are so strict. You can still get a ticket regardless of address. It's so with the ID required they can trace touted tickets. But don't let that get in the way of having a moan eh? I am sick of hearing and reading people slag the club off when their hands are pretty much tied. Rambo

10:30pm Sun 10 Feb 13

NorthernBull says...

there should be 4000 ...not 2500 ??

all 10k st / flexi card holders have bought an average of 2.9 each ??

hopefully there is an error and 2000 people can queue and be guaranteed tickets ...

THE DUFFERS AT THE FA SPENT 800 MILLION plus ON A NATIONAL STADIUM NOT BIG ENOUGH BY 20K TO ENSURE THE NATIONAL SPORT CAN GET TICKETS TO ITS HUGE FANBASE ..

110K WAS THE MINIMUM THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT ....AS AFTER THE CORPS AND MEMBERS ALL FINALISTS END UP ONLY GETTING 33K EACH !!

MAN U / LIVERPOOL ETC INCLUDED ....THE FA CUP ...AND DECENT ENGLAND TIES HAVE BEEN DELIBERATELY OVER SUB-SCRIBED BY THE FA .... IN THEIR BUMBLING WITH THE AUSSIE BUILDERS ...

DISGRACE ... A STADIUM 20000 SHORT ... A STADIUM THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE WORLD WHERE FOOTBALLS HOME IS .... FAILS ON CAPACITY ...

OLD Trafford will match this in 5 years ...The Emirates cost 25 % of Wembley and has 70 % of the capacity ..

The FA have let thousands of fans down at all future finals as well as this... they cant add up ....or deliberately wanted a touters market

letting many people who love the peoples game ... locked out ...or paying 200 for 40 face value tickets ...
there should be 4000 ...not 2500 ?? all 10k st / flexi card holders have bought an average of 2.9 each ?? hopefully there is an error and 2000 people can queue and be guaranteed tickets ... THE DUFFERS AT THE FA SPENT 800 MILLION plus ON A NATIONAL STADIUM NOT BIG ENOUGH BY 20K TO ENSURE THE NATIONAL SPORT CAN GET TICKETS TO ITS HUGE FANBASE .. 110K WAS THE MINIMUM THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT ....AS AFTER THE CORPS AND MEMBERS ALL FINALISTS END UP ONLY GETTING 33K EACH !! MAN U / LIVERPOOL ETC INCLUDED ....THE FA CUP ...AND DECENT ENGLAND TIES HAVE BEEN DELIBERATELY OVER SUB-SCRIBED BY THE FA .... IN THEIR BUMBLING WITH THE AUSSIE BUILDERS ... DISGRACE ... A STADIUM 20000 SHORT ... A STADIUM THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE WORLD WHERE FOOTBALLS HOME IS .... FAILS ON CAPACITY ... OLD Trafford will match this in 5 years ...The Emirates cost 25 % of Wembley and has 70 % of the capacity .. The FA have let thousands of fans down at all future finals as well as this... they cant add up ....or deliberately wanted a touters market letting many people who love the peoples game ... locked out ...or paying 200 for 40 face value tickets ... NorthernBull

10:58pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

NorthernBull wrote:
there should be 4000 ...not 2500 ??

all 10k st / flexi card holders have bought an average of 2.9 each ??

hopefully there is an error and 2000 people can queue and be guaranteed tickets ...

THE DUFFERS AT THE FA SPENT 800 MILLION plus ON A NATIONAL STADIUM NOT BIG ENOUGH BY 20K TO ENSURE THE NATIONAL SPORT CAN GET TICKETS TO ITS HUGE FANBASE ..

110K WAS THE MINIMUM THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT ....AS AFTER THE CORPS AND MEMBERS ALL FINALISTS END UP ONLY GETTING 33K EACH !!

MAN U / LIVERPOOL ETC INCLUDED ....THE FA CUP ...AND DECENT ENGLAND TIES HAVE BEEN DELIBERATELY OVER SUB-SCRIBED BY THE FA .... IN THEIR BUMBLING WITH THE AUSSIE BUILDERS ...

DISGRACE ... A STADIUM 20000 SHORT ... A STADIUM THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE WORLD WHERE FOOTBALLS HOME IS .... FAILS ON CAPACITY ...

OLD Trafford will match this in 5 years ...The Emirates cost 25 % of Wembley and has 70 % of the capacity ..

The FA have let thousands of fans down at all future finals as well as this... they cant add up ....or deliberately wanted a touters market

letting many people who love the peoples game ... locked out ...or paying 200 for 40 face value tickets ...
Players families and bcfc staff and sponsors will be on top of the season ticket holders and that can easily reach over 1000 tickets.
[quote][p][bold]NorthernBull[/bold] wrote: there should be 4000 ...not 2500 ?? all 10k st / flexi card holders have bought an average of 2.9 each ?? hopefully there is an error and 2000 people can queue and be guaranteed tickets ... THE DUFFERS AT THE FA SPENT 800 MILLION plus ON A NATIONAL STADIUM NOT BIG ENOUGH BY 20K TO ENSURE THE NATIONAL SPORT CAN GET TICKETS TO ITS HUGE FANBASE .. 110K WAS THE MINIMUM THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT ....AS AFTER THE CORPS AND MEMBERS ALL FINALISTS END UP ONLY GETTING 33K EACH !! MAN U / LIVERPOOL ETC INCLUDED ....THE FA CUP ...AND DECENT ENGLAND TIES HAVE BEEN DELIBERATELY OVER SUB-SCRIBED BY THE FA .... IN THEIR BUMBLING WITH THE AUSSIE BUILDERS ... DISGRACE ... A STADIUM 20000 SHORT ... A STADIUM THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO SHOW THE WORLD WHERE FOOTBALLS HOME IS .... FAILS ON CAPACITY ... OLD Trafford will match this in 5 years ...The Emirates cost 25 % of Wembley and has 70 % of the capacity .. The FA have let thousands of fans down at all future finals as well as this... they cant add up ....or deliberately wanted a touters market letting many people who love the peoples game ... locked out ...or paying 200 for 40 face value tickets ...[/p][/quote]Players families and bcfc staff and sponsors will be on top of the season ticket holders and that can easily reach over 1000 tickets. Thee Voice of Reason

11:00pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Stevie-C wrote:
Only thing that bemuses me about this scenario is the potential of 1250 people queuing outside the ticket office on a freezing cold day - the exact reason david baldwin wanted all wembley sales to ST holders to be strictly online and phone. I smell a little BS personally. The club has milked it to the max with the 10p per minute phone and extra charges for post etc. then again i guess most businesses operate like this, you have to grasp the opportunities! Glad i have my tickets though
So what if the club have milked it, might aswell get what they can from the 20k who are going but won't set foot in VP for the rest of the season.
[quote][p][bold]Stevie-C[/bold] wrote: Only thing that bemuses me about this scenario is the potential of 1250 people queuing outside the ticket office on a freezing cold day - the exact reason david baldwin wanted all wembley sales to ST holders to be strictly online and phone. I smell a little BS personally. The club has milked it to the max with the 10p per minute phone and extra charges for post etc. then again i guess most businesses operate like this, you have to grasp the opportunities! Glad i have my tickets though[/p][/quote]So what if the club have milked it, might aswell get what they can from the 20k who are going but won't set foot in VP for the rest of the season. Thee Voice of Reason

11:05pm Sun 10 Feb 13

mahb70 says...

The answer to the lack of a tkt stub conundram is as follows. Folk have until wednesday to purchase a match tkt(s) for an upcoming Home league match. Then queue up Again on Thursday morning for Cup Final tkts. Good luck to all Bantam fans still seeking their Golden tkts. #CTID
The answer to the lack of a tkt stub conundram is as follows. Folk have until wednesday to purchase a match tkt(s) for an upcoming Home league match. Then queue up Again on Thursday morning for Cup Final tkts. Good luck to all Bantam fans still seeking their Golden tkts. #CTID mahb70

11:56pm Sun 10 Feb 13

BigFigure says...

Stevie-C wrote:
Only thing that bemuses me about this scenario is the potential of 1250 people queuing outside the ticket office on a freezing cold day - the exact reason david baldwin wanted all wembley sales to ST holders to be strictly online and phone. I smell a little BS personally. The club has milked it to the max with the 10p per minute phone and extra charges for post etc. then again i guess most businesses operate like this, you have to grasp the opportunities! Glad i have my tickets though
Phone charges went to the call centre and the club actually LOST money on the postage....we paid 90p less than the minimum Royal Mail charge for special delivery.....
[quote][p][bold]Stevie-C[/bold] wrote: Only thing that bemuses me about this scenario is the potential of 1250 people queuing outside the ticket office on a freezing cold day - the exact reason david baldwin wanted all wembley sales to ST holders to be strictly online and phone. I smell a little BS personally. The club has milked it to the max with the 10p per minute phone and extra charges for post etc. then again i guess most businesses operate like this, you have to grasp the opportunities! Glad i have my tickets though[/p][/quote]Phone charges went to the call centre and the club actually LOST money on the postage....we paid 90p less than the minimum Royal Mail charge for special delivery..... BigFigure

12:00am Mon 11 Feb 13

macca1969 says...

Rambo wrote:
Right. For the UMPTEENTH TIME, its not the clubs fault - these policies are down to Wembley and the FL to limit general sale figures and prevent the risk of touting. That is also why the general sale rules are so strict.

You can still get a ticket regardless of address. It's so with the ID required they can trace touted tickets. But don't let that get in the way of having a moan eh?

I am sick of hearing and reading people slag the club off when their hands are pretty much tied.
Not so Rambo otherwise it would only ask for a utility bill and not a utility bill showing they live in the area. This is not right and I rightly said its a joke. Not once did I call the club a joke. Don't care what you say I feel for the fans that don't live locally. Why should you have to live in Bradford to support them?
[quote][p][bold]Rambo[/bold] wrote: Right. For the UMPTEENTH TIME, its not the clubs fault - these policies are down to Wembley and the FL to limit general sale figures and prevent the risk of touting. That is also why the general sale rules are so strict. You can still get a ticket regardless of address. It's so with the ID required they can trace touted tickets. But don't let that get in the way of having a moan eh? I am sick of hearing and reading people slag the club off when their hands are pretty much tied.[/p][/quote]Not so Rambo otherwise it would only ask for a utility bill and not a utility bill showing they live in the area. This is not right and I rightly said its a joke. Not once did I call the club a joke. Don't care what you say I feel for the fans that don't live locally. Why should you have to live in Bradford to support them? macca1969

12:12am Mon 11 Feb 13

BigFigure says...

Club website says nothing about utility bill having to be from Bradford area, just "showing locality"...ie...con
firming your present address
Club website says nothing about utility bill having to be from Bradford area, just "showing locality"...ie...con firming your present address BigFigure

2:01am Mon 11 Feb 13

Ginolancaster says...

Ok I thought I would have my two pennys worth...I am too an old BCFC supporter started going back in the 70s with my old Dad and remember my Uncle used to sells cushion at the top of the stand..I was seven years old on my first game…watching the likes of Podd, Cooke, Downsborough, Hockey, Hutchins...and the rest...supported through think and thin..with a season ticket from the 70s right through to the 1999 season (there is whole book to write about those years) I thinks gives me about 29 years as a Season Ticket holder ?, just when my team got into the Premier I got the chance for a new career and life in Australia...So OK I took the Aussie route...which was worth it, there is no doubt there...But back to the point...I was planning my trip to come out to the Final, got the pass out from wife and family and believed that I would get a chance when tickets would go online on General Sale, ..even though it only leaves me just few days to book the flight back to the UK..I thought if I get one great if not then at least I have tried…BUT NO...and look this is not a winge…BUT come on, you should at least given people who are also true supporters who do not live in Bradford and be it now in Manchester, London...Spain, Italy, Timbuck Too or Australia...a chance of a tickets…Anyway I will be watching the game on SENATA TV (plug for you there)..I thinks it 1am in the morning so go on boys do your stuff…but I will be still wishing I was there…Cheers to all Gino
Ok I thought I would have my two pennys worth...I am too an old BCFC supporter started going back in the 70s with my old Dad and remember my Uncle used to sells cushion at the top of the stand..I was seven years old on my first game…watching the likes of Podd, Cooke, Downsborough, Hockey, Hutchins...and the rest...supported through think and thin..with a season ticket from the 70s right through to the 1999 season (there is whole book to write about those years) I thinks gives me about 29 years as a Season Ticket holder ?, just when my team got into the Premier I got the chance for a new career and life in Australia...So OK I took the Aussie route...which was worth it, there is no doubt there...But back to the point...I was planning my trip to come out to the Final, got the pass out from wife and family and believed that I would get a chance when tickets would go online on General Sale, ..even though it only leaves me just few days to book the flight back to the UK..I thought if I get one great if not then at least I have tried…BUT NO...and look this is not a winge…BUT come on, you should at least given people who are also true supporters who do not live in Bradford and be it now in Manchester, London...Spain, Italy, Timbuck Too or Australia...a chance of a tickets…Anyway I will be watching the game on SENATA TV (plug for you there)..I thinks it 1am in the morning so go on boys do your stuff…but I will be still wishing I was there…Cheers to all Gino Ginolancaster

3:00am Mon 11 Feb 13

ynotdunne says...

I have a spare ticket as a season ticket holder and loads of stubs free stubs to landlady of much documented pub and ticket at 56 face value. e mail me @ ynotdunne at live dot com
I have a spare ticket as a season ticket holder and loads of stubs free stubs to landlady of much documented pub and ticket at 56 face value. e mail me @ ynotdunne at live dot com ynotdunne

6:25am Mon 11 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Anyone who bought a ticket this season will be on the clubs database so not having a stubb shouldn't be a problem.
I'm presuming season ticket holders can turn up Thursday to buy more tickets if required.
not necessarily true:you could buy tickets without giving your name and address.

Looks like the land lady and her latter day fans have a problem. Surprise, surprise.

The fact that the FA have imposed these rules is not a cue for people to batter the club with insults or claims it is unfair etc etc.

Maybe it was, though, an opportunity to announce this earlier so that people could attend the Gillingham game and get their stub
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Anyone who bought a ticket this season will be on the clubs database so not having a stubb shouldn't be a problem. I'm presuming season ticket holders can turn up Thursday to buy more tickets if required.[/p][/quote]not necessarily true:you could buy tickets without giving your name and address. Looks like the land lady and her latter day fans have a problem. Surprise, surprise. The fact that the FA have imposed these rules is not a cue for people to batter the club with insults or claims it is unfair etc etc. Maybe it was, though, an opportunity to announce this earlier so that people could attend the Gillingham game and get their stub tyker2

7:47am Mon 11 Feb 13

macca1969 says...

BigFigure wrote:
Club website says nothing about utility bill having to be from Bradford area, just "showing locality"...ie...con

firming your present address
Locality means just that where you are from. All utility bills show your address so why not just say a utility bill.
[quote][p][bold]BigFigure[/bold] wrote: Club website says nothing about utility bill having to be from Bradford area, just "showing locality"...ie...con firming your present address[/p][/quote]Locality means just that where you are from. All utility bills show your address so why not just say a utility bill. macca1969

7:52am Mon 11 Feb 13

Saltaire Bantam says...

They should have mentioned the ticket stubs bit before the game on saturday then there would have been a bigger crowd.
They should have mentioned the ticket stubs bit before the game on saturday then there would have been a bigger crowd. Saltaire Bantam

8:17am Mon 11 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

queing starts 24 hours at least before the booths open:take a good flask of soup,coffee and maybe something stronger because it may be a long wait and, to my mind, there will be a lot of unhappy punters on Thursday.

Glad I will not be breaking the news to those not getting a ticket. Over to you Mr Baldwin!!
queing starts 24 hours at least before the booths open:take a good flask of soup,coffee and maybe something stronger because it may be a long wait and, to my mind, there will be a lot of unhappy punters on Thursday. Glad I will not be breaking the news to those not getting a ticket. Over to you Mr Baldwin!! tyker2

8:58am Mon 11 Feb 13

silverbantam says...

Surely when you buy a Wembley ticket you will have to hand in your ticket stub otherwise it could be passed on to someone else in the queue.

Therefore buying a ticket for the next home match is a problem as you wont get the ticket back !!

We need more clarification !!
Surely when you buy a Wembley ticket you will have to hand in your ticket stub otherwise it could be passed on to someone else in the queue. Therefore buying a ticket for the next home match is a problem as you wont get the ticket back !! We need more clarification !! silverbantam

9:28am Mon 11 Feb 13

exile33 says...

That's me out then. Funnily enough those of us down south can't just drop work to queue for these.

Cheers City.
That's me out then. Funnily enough those of us down south can't just drop work to queue for these. Cheers City. exile33

9:46am Mon 11 Feb 13

Scargutt2 says...

Alanba wrote:
As a lifelong city fan living these days in Manchester I get to about 6 or 8 home games a season and some away matches including Wigan and Villa this year but never bought a season ticket since prem leaugue days. I have waited patiently for this announcement only to find as understand it I have to drive to Bradford which I will do and produce a stub which i have but also need to produce a local utility bill which I cannot. Bit angry about that !
Don't worry, you'll be fine. You don't have to be living in Bradford, just not associated with Swansea. If you can, take your passport - if it shows place of birth in Bradford for example, you'll be fine. Also, your accent should be relatively local, so no welsh connections.

This is the only way they can trace general sale tickets. If you're in any doubt, ring them this week and double check.

Anyone without a stub, but who has bought tickets online should be able to print some sort of proof or receipt too.

Best of luck getting some. Should be queuing through the previous night, so I hope there's some food stalls and entertainment for you.
[quote][p][bold]Alanba[/bold] wrote: As a lifelong city fan living these days in Manchester I get to about 6 or 8 home games a season and some away matches including Wigan and Villa this year but never bought a season ticket since prem leaugue days. I have waited patiently for this announcement only to find as understand it I have to drive to Bradford which I will do and produce a stub which i have but also need to produce a local utility bill which I cannot. Bit angry about that ![/p][/quote]Don't worry, you'll be fine. You don't have to be living in Bradford, just not associated with Swansea. If you can, take your passport - if it shows place of birth in Bradford for example, you'll be fine. Also, your accent should be relatively local, so no welsh connections. This is the only way they can trace general sale tickets. If you're in any doubt, ring them this week and double check. Anyone without a stub, but who has bought tickets online should be able to print some sort of proof or receipt too. Best of luck getting some. Should be queuing through the previous night, so I hope there's some food stalls and entertainment for you. Scargutt2

9:53am Mon 11 Feb 13

gentlemanbob says...

Hi Gents

Nice post Ginolancaster..
We must be about the same age..

watching the likes of Podd, Cooke, Downsborough, Hockey, Hutchins..
I also liked Gerry Ingram

Nice days on The Spion (C)Kop

yours

Gentlemanbob
Hi Gents Nice post Ginolancaster.. We must be about the same age.. watching the likes of Podd, Cooke, Downsborough, Hockey, Hutchins.. I also liked Gerry Ingram Nice days on The Spion (C)Kop yours Gentlemanbob gentlemanbob

9:56am Mon 11 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

me too wo remembers the double signing of Hallett and Shergold:one excellent and the other ...well!!!
me too wo remembers the double signing of Hallett and Shergold:one excellent and the other ...well!!! tyker2

10:28am Mon 11 Feb 13

gentlemanbob says...

Hi Gents

I suppose you mean Shergold,,Tyker !!?

1-2 seasons at the most i think ..?

Yours

Gentlemanbob
Hi Gents I suppose you mean Shergold,,Tyker !!? 1-2 seasons at the most i think ..? Yours Gentlemanbob gentlemanbob

11:07am Mon 11 Feb 13

Wakefield Bantam says...

macca1969 wrote:
BigFigure wrote:
Club website says nothing about utility bill having to be from Bradford area, just "showing locality"...ie...con


firming your present address
Locality means just that where you are from. All utility bills show your address so why not just say a utility bill.
They should have offered new season ticket holders an opportunity? Instead of one man and his dog?
[quote][p][bold]macca1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BigFigure[/bold] wrote: Club website says nothing about utility bill having to be from Bradford area, just "showing locality"...ie...con firming your present address[/p][/quote]Locality means just that where you are from. All utility bills show your address so why not just say a utility bill.[/p][/quote]They should have offered new season ticket holders an opportunity? Instead of one man and his dog? Wakefield Bantam

11:10am Mon 11 Feb 13

audal says...

I seem to recall that years gone bye certain clubs use to print coupons on/in the programmes, resulting in supporters being able to purchase tickets for the "big" matches after the season ticket holders got theirs, on producing X amount of coupons attached to a club leaflet thus allowing the true supporters the chance before the other fans to get a ticket. I am not suggesting this could be the answer(too late now anyway)but some clubs implemented this scheme.
I seem to recall that years gone bye certain clubs use to print coupons on/in the programmes, resulting in supporters being able to purchase tickets for the "big" matches after the season ticket holders got theirs, on producing X amount of coupons attached to a club leaflet thus allowing the true supporters the chance before the other fans to get a ticket. I am not suggesting this could be the answer(too late now anyway)but some clubs implemented this scheme. audal

11:45am Mon 11 Feb 13

Freddy says...

*
I still wonder if those supporters travelling from ALL OVER THE WORLD--with families will be able to obtain a ticket????
*
WOULD THE CLUB HOLD A FEW IN RESERVE ????.
*
* I still wonder if those supporters travelling from ALL OVER THE WORLD--with families will be able to obtain a ticket???? * WOULD THE CLUB HOLD A FEW IN RESERVE ????. * Freddy

11:59am Mon 11 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

gentlemanbob wrote:
Hi Gents

I suppose you mean Shergold,,Tyker !!?

1-2 seasons at the most i think ..?

Yours

Gentlemanbob
Hallett was a true gentleman and a great centre half at our level
[quote][p][bold]gentlemanbob[/bold] wrote: Hi Gents I suppose you mean Shergold,,Tyker !!? 1-2 seasons at the most i think ..? Yours Gentlemanbob[/p][/quote]Hallett was a true gentleman and a great centre half at our level tyker2

12:24pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Saltaire Bantam says...

Those who can't get tickets for Wembley can go to the Wycombe or Wimbledon game instead.
Those who can't get tickets for Wembley can go to the Wycombe or Wimbledon game instead. Saltaire Bantam

12:32pm Mon 11 Feb 13

exile33 says...

Freddy wrote:
*
I still wonder if those supporters travelling from ALL OVER THE WORLD--with families will be able to obtain a ticket????
*
WOULD THE CLUB HOLD A FEW IN RESERVE ????.
*
err no

you have to be able to forsake everything else and queue up on Thursday morning / overnight in Bradford.

if you can't do that then you're stuffed, regardless of whether you're coming from overseas or can't get there due to work commitments.

no detail about why you need to bring your gas bill and ID - e.g. do you need a certain postcode to qualify or are they just interested in gas usage?

people defending the difficult job the club are doing have a valid point, but this has put wembley out of the possibility of reach for many.

leaves a sour taste after 35 years of following city.
[quote][p][bold]Freddy[/bold] wrote: * I still wonder if those supporters travelling from ALL OVER THE WORLD--with families will be able to obtain a ticket???? * WOULD THE CLUB HOLD A FEW IN RESERVE ????. *[/p][/quote]err no you have to be able to forsake everything else and queue up on Thursday morning / overnight in Bradford. if you can't do that then you're stuffed, regardless of whether you're coming from overseas or can't get there due to work commitments. no detail about why you need to bring your gas bill and ID - e.g. do you need a certain postcode to qualify or are they just interested in gas usage? people defending the difficult job the club are doing have a valid point, but this has put wembley out of the possibility of reach for many. leaves a sour taste after 35 years of following city. exile33

12:45pm Mon 11 Feb 13

czechbantam says...

bemusedbylife wrote:
Me again!!!!! Did all you 'new die hard' supporters enjoy watching the gillingham game yesterday? Im sure you do not need to worry as you can keep your stubs from the game...oh wait a minute the attendance was only just over 10000 hmmm that will be a no then. Good luck on ebay then!! Every moaning eventuality is covered on these pages, i buy a shirt but dont go, ive never been to valley parade but i deserve a wembley ticket....Get a grip!!! My other 2 tickets went to a good home thanks not on ebay or non supporters...my mum and sister who support city!!!!
''My mum and sister who support city!!!'' by definition should that not mean they are ST holders or at the very least flexicard holders?
[quote][p][bold]bemusedbylife[/bold] wrote: Me again!!!!! Did all you 'new die hard' supporters enjoy watching the gillingham game yesterday? Im sure you do not need to worry as you can keep your stubs from the game...oh wait a minute the attendance was only just over 10000 hmmm that will be a no then. Good luck on ebay then!! Every moaning eventuality is covered on these pages, i buy a shirt but dont go, ive never been to valley parade but i deserve a wembley ticket....Get a grip!!! My other 2 tickets went to a good home thanks not on ebay or non supporters...my mum and sister who support city!!!![/p][/quote]''My mum and sister who support city!!!'' by definition should that not mean they are ST holders or at the very least flexicard holders? czechbantam

12:55pm Mon 11 Feb 13

paulsmith2602mason says...

what about the great master himself the one and only bobby campbel what a legeand
what about the great master himself the one and only bobby campbel what a legeand paulsmith2602mason

12:55pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Stevie-C says...

Jonbantam wrote:
Buy a ticket for York away on the 2nd march and that gives you a league match ticket stub.
Not quite Jon, city website clearly states home league match....why didn't they annouce this on Friday eve and their might have been 2000 more there against Gillingham. The gate was clear proof that there are definitely 20k or so "hanger-onners"!!
[quote][p][bold]Jonbantam[/bold] wrote: Buy a ticket for York away on the 2nd march and that gives you a league match ticket stub.[/p][/quote]Not quite Jon, city website clearly states home league match....why didn't they annouce this on Friday eve and their might have been 2000 more there against Gillingham. The gate was clear proof that there are definitely 20k or so "hanger-onners"!! Stevie-C

1:04pm Mon 11 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

paulsmith2602mason wrote:
what about the great master himself the one and only bobby campbel what a legeand
or even Bronco Layne:once stood on the Kop behind the goal and had to duck as a shot rocketed in:thought it was going to break through
[quote][p][bold]paulsmith2602mason[/bold] wrote: what about the great master himself the one and only bobby campbel what a legeand[/p][/quote]or even Bronco Layne:once stood on the Kop behind the goal and had to duck as a shot rocketed in:thought it was going to break through tyker2

1:12pm Mon 11 Feb 13

silverbantam says...

Any part timer could have gone to the Gilingham match on the off chance of getting a voucher or a ticket. So why didnt they ?
Any part timer could have gone to the Gilingham match on the off chance of getting a voucher or a ticket. So why didnt they ? silverbantam

1:18pm Mon 11 Feb 13

bahamianbantam says...

Bantam abroad wrote:
I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans.

I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local????

This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory.

Sickened doesn't come close.
I totally agree. I now live out of the country and when back live in Norwich - I with my sons go to the SH££ty grounds like Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Wombledon, Aldershot and yet have had to pay £750 for my tickets. Allowing season ticket holders 3 seats just ludicrous. Why didn't they say 2 each and if you attended vs Gillingham you get ticket - that would have put 10,000 on gate @ £20 a time - would have paid for bl£&dy Mark Stewart!
Certainly Club have not been fair to away only fans.
[quote][p][bold]Bantam abroad[/bold] wrote: I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans. I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local???? This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory. Sickened doesn't come close.[/p][/quote]I totally agree. I now live out of the country and when back live in Norwich - I with my sons go to the SH££ty grounds like Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Wombledon, Aldershot and yet have had to pay £750 for my tickets. Allowing season ticket holders 3 seats just ludicrous. Why didn't they say 2 each and if you attended vs Gillingham you get ticket - that would have put 10,000 on gate @ £20 a time - would have paid for bl£&dy Mark Stewart! Certainly Club have not been fair to away only fans. bahamianbantam

1:30pm Mon 11 Feb 13

educated archie says...

Can people not understand that it is the F.A that have put the restrictions on how the tickets go on sale, the club can only do as advised by the F.A and football league. All the **** and moaning is really getting boring now.
Can people not understand that it is the F.A that have put the restrictions on how the tickets go on sale, the club can only do as advised by the F.A and football league. All the **** and moaning is really getting boring now. educated archie

1:48pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Andy2010 says...

Simple...theres loads of "stubs" available on Ebay for a quid. Buy one, pick it up then queue up
Simple...theres loads of "stubs" available on Ebay for a quid. Buy one, pick it up then queue up Andy2010

1:50pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Andy2010 says...

bahamianbantam wrote:
Bantam abroad wrote:
I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans.

I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local????

This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory.

Sickened doesn't come close.
I totally agree. I now live out of the country and when back live in Norwich - I with my sons go to the SH££ty grounds like Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Wombledon, Aldershot and yet have had to pay £750 for my tickets. Allowing season ticket holders 3 seats just ludicrous. Why didn't they say 2 each and if you attended vs Gillingham you get ticket - that would have put 10,000 on gate @ £20 a time - would have paid for bl£&dy Mark Stewart!
Certainly Club have not been fair to away only fans.
Judging by the sentiments expressed in this thread and the other ones it is clear the whole ticketing episode was poorly thought out and managed from start to finish.
[quote][p][bold]bahamianbantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bantam abroad[/bold] wrote: I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans. I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local???? This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory. Sickened doesn't come close.[/p][/quote]I totally agree. I now live out of the country and when back live in Norwich - I with my sons go to the SH££ty grounds like Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Wombledon, Aldershot and yet have had to pay £750 for my tickets. Allowing season ticket holders 3 seats just ludicrous. Why didn't they say 2 each and if you attended vs Gillingham you get ticket - that would have put 10,000 on gate @ £20 a time - would have paid for bl£&dy Mark Stewart! Certainly Club have not been fair to away only fans.[/p][/quote]Judging by the sentiments expressed in this thread and the other ones it is clear the whole ticketing episode was poorly thought out and managed from start to finish. Andy2010

1:51pm Mon 11 Feb 13

exile33 says...

educated archie wrote:
Can people not understand that it is the F.A that have put the restrictions on how the tickets go on sale, the club can only do as advised by the F.A and football league. All the **** and moaning is really getting boring now.
so the FA / Football league have told City they can only sell their remaining allocation from the Ticket Office in Bradford from this Thursday at 9.

With all due respect - that's BS.

At least make it the weekend and give us a chance.

Oh wait - might not be enough time.

Err - 2 weeks for season ticket / flexi holders?

Hard position for the club but they have either purposefully decided who will get a chance here (local, able to get to down there on a working day etc.) or cannot think through the consequences for genuine fans who support this club but are not ST holders.
[quote][p][bold]educated archie[/bold] wrote: Can people not understand that it is the F.A that have put the restrictions on how the tickets go on sale, the club can only do as advised by the F.A and football league. All the **** and moaning is really getting boring now.[/p][/quote]so the FA / Football league have told City they can only sell their remaining allocation from the Ticket Office in Bradford from this Thursday at 9. With all due respect - that's BS. At least make it the weekend and give us a chance. Oh wait - might not be enough time. Err - 2 weeks for season ticket / flexi holders? Hard position for the club but they have either purposefully decided who will get a chance here (local, able to get to down there on a working day etc.) or cannot think through the consequences for genuine fans who support this club but are not ST holders. exile33

1:54pm Mon 11 Feb 13

exile33 says...

Andy2010 wrote:
bahamianbantam wrote:
Bantam abroad wrote:
I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans.

I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local????

This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory.

Sickened doesn't come close.
I totally agree. I now live out of the country and when back live in Norwich - I with my sons go to the SH££ty grounds like Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Wombledon, Aldershot and yet have had to pay £750 for my tickets. Allowing season ticket holders 3 seats just ludicrous. Why didn't they say 2 each and if you attended vs Gillingham you get ticket - that would have put 10,000 on gate @ £20 a time - would have paid for bl£&dy Mark Stewart!
Certainly Club have not been fair to away only fans.
Judging by the sentiments expressed in this thread and the other ones it is clear the whole ticketing episode was poorly thought out and managed from start to finish.
Unfortunately that is the case but we can always fall back on the "forced to do it this way by the football league" argument.

Unfortunately that does not excuse what is plainly poor organisation / administration of this.
[quote][p][bold]Andy2010[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bahamianbantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bantam abroad[/bold] wrote: I'm a city fan who's had more season tickets than most fans. I now live in Ireland. Because of this and the 3 ticket policy I can't go to see the club I love at wembley. Why be so cavalier with letting people have 3 tickets then be so strict for real fans who don't live local???? This is totally out of order. I feel really let down by the club. I've seen this club through thick and loads of thin - like I said more than most who'll be gping and now I can't see the lads in our hour of glory. Sickened doesn't come close.[/p][/quote]I totally agree. I now live out of the country and when back live in Norwich - I with my sons go to the SH££ty grounds like Southend, Dagenham, Barnet, Wombledon, Aldershot and yet have had to pay £750 for my tickets. Allowing season ticket holders 3 seats just ludicrous. Why didn't they say 2 each and if you attended vs Gillingham you get ticket - that would have put 10,000 on gate @ £20 a time - would have paid for bl£&dy Mark Stewart! Certainly Club have not been fair to away only fans.[/p][/quote]Judging by the sentiments expressed in this thread and the other ones it is clear the whole ticketing episode was poorly thought out and managed from start to finish.[/p][/quote]Unfortunately that is the case but we can always fall back on the "forced to do it this way by the football league" argument. Unfortunately that does not excuse what is plainly poor organisation / administration of this. exile33

1:58pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Hitler is not pleased with this developent

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=Y2FqoXCSt
D8

It's not as good as the first one but worth a watch.
Hitler is not pleased with this developent http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=Y2FqoXCSt D8 It's not as good as the first one but worth a watch. Thee Voice of Reason

2:35pm Mon 11 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

yep:stubs on e bay:purchase these but still no guarantee of a Wembley ticket
yep:stubs on e bay:purchase these but still no guarantee of a Wembley ticket tyker2

5:01pm Mon 11 Feb 13

audal says...

READ MY POST RE. COUPONS or stop babbling amongs't yourselves. there is not a 100% sulution re.ticket allocation and never will be whether you watch premier league or div.2. somebody loses out. so andy2010 and his ilk if you don't have a ticket for Wembley then tough !!
READ MY POST RE. COUPONS or stop babbling amongs't yourselves. there is not a 100% sulution re.ticket allocation and never will be whether you watch premier league or div.2. somebody loses out. so andy2010 and his ilk if you don't have a ticket for Wembley then tough !! audal

5:29pm Mon 11 Feb 13

city down south says...

exile33 - if the decisions by the Football League were only imposed on the club over the weekend then what were they to do? The away supporter is constantly in the mind of the club - one of the reasons that the Flexi ticket was introduced. For those that cannot get to VP for some reason and you are desperate to attend there is always club Wembley tickets or Ticketing companies who will have them available.
exile33 - if the decisions by the Football League were only imposed on the club over the weekend then what were they to do? The away supporter is constantly in the mind of the club - one of the reasons that the Flexi ticket was introduced. For those that cannot get to VP for some reason and you are desperate to attend there is always club Wembley tickets or Ticketing companies who will have them available. city down south

6:46pm Mon 11 Feb 13

exile33 says...

city down south wrote:
exile33 - if the decisions by the Football League were only imposed on the club over the weekend then what were they to do? The away supporter is constantly in the mind of the club - one of the reasons that the Flexi ticket was introduced. For those that cannot get to VP for some reason and you are desperate to attend there is always club Wembley tickets or Ticketing companies who will have them available.
You are trying to tell me that the football league made city sell their remaining allocation from 9 a.m. Thursday and would not allow it at the weekend?

Serious?

Really serious?

The football league discriminate against the working population?

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but makes a convenient excuse. If that's the case I'm sure the football league don't embargo the stipulations put on city so why don't we have a public statement to that effect?

Probably because it was given as much intelligent thought as the 2 week window. i.e. none.

Sorry but that's how I and many others feel right now.
[quote][p][bold]city down south[/bold] wrote: exile33 - if the decisions by the Football League were only imposed on the club over the weekend then what were they to do? The away supporter is constantly in the mind of the club - one of the reasons that the Flexi ticket was introduced. For those that cannot get to VP for some reason and you are desperate to attend there is always club Wembley tickets or Ticketing companies who will have them available.[/p][/quote]You are trying to tell me that the football league made city sell their remaining allocation from 9 a.m. Thursday and would not allow it at the weekend? Serious? Really serious? The football league discriminate against the working population? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but makes a convenient excuse. If that's the case I'm sure the football league don't embargo the stipulations put on city so why don't we have a public statement to that effect? Probably because it was given as much intelligent thought as the 2 week window. i.e. none. Sorry but that's how I and many others feel right now. exile33

6:50pm Mon 11 Feb 13

exile33 says...

P.s. I really wish everyone has a great day at wembley and I hate griping but this is really tarnishing a lifetime of following city for many and the club needs to actually put out some statements explaining these ticketing processes before it irrevocably damages relationships with many. Those at there first city match at wembley (and there will be many) will not be back again in a hurry.
P.s. I really wish everyone has a great day at wembley and I hate griping but this is really tarnishing a lifetime of following city for many and the club needs to actually put out some statements explaining these ticketing processes before it irrevocably damages relationships with many. Those at there first city match at wembley (and there will be many) will not be back again in a hurry. exile33

6:53pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Cityboy78 says...

good luck to those who pay on the turnstiles and may now be able to get tickets. shame on you if you are selling stubs to folk who blatentley never even go to home games let alone away games.

i hope people do not set up ebay / email accounts and bid these stubs up with no intention of buying them.
good luck to those who pay on the turnstiles and may now be able to get tickets. shame on you if you are selling stubs to folk who blatentley never even go to home games let alone away games. i hope people do not set up ebay / email accounts and bid these stubs up with no intention of buying them. Cityboy78

7:06pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Cityboy78 says...

season ticket and flexi card holders have been given high priority. now those who pay on the gate have been given a little look in. the only ones left out are those that only get to away games. i think a similar window for those with away stubs should have been allocated also.

my initial thoughts were that they would prioritise ST holders as expected but they should have said that anyone who buys a ST that covers the rest of this season, for say £50, would have been reasonable.
season ticket and flexi card holders have been given high priority. now those who pay on the gate have been given a little look in. the only ones left out are those that only get to away games. i think a similar window for those with away stubs should have been allocated also. my initial thoughts were that they would prioritise ST holders as expected but they should have said that anyone who buys a ST that covers the rest of this season, for say £50, would have been reasonable. Cityboy78

10:23pm Mon 11 Feb 13

Wakefield Bantam says...

Cityboy78 wrote:
season ticket and flexi card holders have been given high priority. now those who pay on the gate have been given a little look in. the only ones left out are those that only get to away games. i think a similar window for those with away stubs should have been allocated also.

my initial thoughts were that they would prioritise ST holders as expected but they should have said that anyone who buys a ST that covers the rest of this season, for say £50, would have been reasonable.
Agree missed opportunity, but then we aren't a business and all those heading to wembley will be heading to valley parade next season! Wont they?Big opportunity missed I think?
[quote][p][bold]Cityboy78[/bold] wrote: season ticket and flexi card holders have been given high priority. now those who pay on the gate have been given a little look in. the only ones left out are those that only get to away games. i think a similar window for those with away stubs should have been allocated also. my initial thoughts were that they would prioritise ST holders as expected but they should have said that anyone who buys a ST that covers the rest of this season, for say £50, would have been reasonable.[/p][/quote]Agree missed opportunity, but then we aren't a business and all those heading to wembley will be heading to valley parade next season! Wont they?Big opportunity missed I think? Wakefield Bantam

2:14am Tue 12 Feb 13

bunnybamtam says...

Hate to say this because it sickens me,but i know of three people going who have never seen city play ever !.Wish all these fans had gone down to wemberly in 96 ,the stadium was half empty.Now ime lucky in that my mate at work whos a season ticket holder got me mine.Do i deserve to go NO not really my last match was Stewart Mcalls testimonial until the Villa game.The fact that ive been a season ticket holder in the past and travelled all over the country counts quite rightly for nothing.Ime truley gutted for all the fans weather living abroad or out of bradford that cant get tickets.Hate the fact that well over 1000 probably more plastic mancs,scousers,chels
ki and arse supporters will have wrangled tickets.Worse still l***s and TB fans could be going instead of true city fans places.And as already been said the home of football should have had a bigger stadium.The club was always going to be damned however the tickets are sold fa guidlines or not.WHAT IVE FOUND TOTALLY AMAZING IS THAT THERES HARDLY ANY COMMENTS WHAT THIS FINAL MEANS FINANCIALLY FOR THE CLUB.!!!!.And the knock on effect it will have next season.I for one will be getting a season ticket.Now why havnt in the past few years,mainly because my son born in 2000 has never wanted to go.As i have him every saturday and work lates i got out of going.And no ime not a glory supporter i hated the premiership years.It was hearing the atmoshpere on my headphones at work before the arsenal game even kicked off made me yearn to be back in the Kop.Ime sure ime not on my own either and that season ticket sales do rise a fair bit for next season regardless of the outcome on the 24th.So would have i been gutted not getting a final ticket? .TOO CHUFFING RIGHT I WOULD OF BEEN.But would i have moaned no the CLUB HAVING A SOUND FINANCIAL FOOTING BECAUSE OF THIS AMAZING CUP RUN IS WHAT SHOULD BE IMPORTANT TO ALL FANS WETHER IN BRADFORD OR BRISBANE.!!!!!
Hate to say this because it sickens me,but i know of three people going who have never seen city play ever !.Wish all these fans had gone down to wemberly in 96 ,the stadium was half empty.Now ime lucky in that my mate at work whos a season ticket holder got me mine.Do i deserve to go NO not really my last match was Stewart Mcalls testimonial until the Villa game.The fact that ive been a season ticket holder in the past and travelled all over the country counts quite rightly for nothing.Ime truley gutted for all the fans weather living abroad or out of bradford that cant get tickets.Hate the fact that well over 1000 probably more plastic mancs,scousers,chels ki and arse supporters will have wrangled tickets.Worse still l***s and TB fans could be going instead of true city fans places.And as already been said the home of football should have had a bigger stadium.The club was always going to be damned however the tickets are sold fa guidlines or not.WHAT IVE FOUND TOTALLY AMAZING IS THAT THERES HARDLY ANY COMMENTS WHAT THIS FINAL MEANS FINANCIALLY FOR THE CLUB.!!!!.And the knock on effect it will have next season.I for one will be getting a season ticket.Now why havnt in the past few years,mainly because my son born in 2000 has never wanted to go.As i have him every saturday and work lates i got out of going.And no ime not a glory supporter i hated the premiership years.It was hearing the atmoshpere on my headphones at work before the arsenal game even kicked off made me yearn to be back in the Kop.Ime sure ime not on my own either and that season ticket sales do rise a fair bit for next season regardless of the outcome on the 24th.So would have i been gutted not getting a final ticket? .TOO CHUFFING RIGHT I WOULD OF BEEN.But would i have moaned no the CLUB HAVING A SOUND FINANCIAL FOOTING BECAUSE OF THIS AMAZING CUP RUN IS WHAT SHOULD BE IMPORTANT TO ALL FANS WETHER IN BRADFORD OR BRISBANE.!!!!! bunnybamtam

2:29am Tue 12 Feb 13

bunnybamtam says...

Oh and just a thought surely city and sky could put the game on a big screen at VP.At least give those fans who cant go the chance of creating a better atmosphere than being in the pub ?????.
Oh and just a thought surely city and sky could put the game on a big screen at VP.At least give those fans who cant go the chance of creating a better atmosphere than being in the pub ?????. bunnybamtam

8:06am Tue 12 Feb 13

suebcfcctid says...

i can understand having to have a stub to get a ticket, but as for a utility bill to show where u live?? I rung VP yesterday about the bill and they said it has to show u actually live in Bradford/west yorkshire, where as I moved to out of Yorkshire so wont be able to go, so im admitting defeat and going to the pub!!!!!!!!!!
i can understand having to have a stub to get a ticket, but as for a utility bill to show where u live?? I rung VP yesterday about the bill and they said it has to show u actually live in Bradford/west yorkshire, where as I moved to out of Yorkshire so wont be able to go, so im admitting defeat and going to the pub!!!!!!!!!! suebcfcctid

8:16am Tue 12 Feb 13

ForeignBantam says...

It really is shocking that Bradford City fans are now touting to other City fans! I've been looking for Wembley tickets, as I live abroad. I used to be a season ticket holder until the very last day I lived in Bradford. I went to Wembley in 1996. I buy the new kit every season. I try to see ever game I can when I'm home. And look how Bradford City and fellow fans repay me!

Please are asking me for hundreds and hundreds of pounds for tickets, which in all honesty I will probably end up paying.
But Bradford City should have arranged for at least some tickets on General Sale. Please don't try and tell me this is a General Sale, it's more like the Spanish Inquisition.

I have booked my flights (my own choice, no one elses). And I am still hoping to make it to Wembley. I jus wanted to express how I felt, that after all my years of being a fan and all the money I spent on trying to see my team, this is the situation I'm stuck with.

So finally, if anybody knows of any Bradford fans who want to help a fellow Bantam out, and who are asking less than a fortune per ticket, bare me in mind!

Hope that if Bradford are ever in this situation, they think about the people who no longer live in Bradford, people who are true fans.
It really is shocking that Bradford City fans are now touting to other City fans! I've been looking for Wembley tickets, as I live abroad. I used to be a season ticket holder until the very last day I lived in Bradford. I went to Wembley in 1996. I buy the new kit every season. I try to see ever game I can when I'm home. And look how Bradford City and fellow fans repay me! Please are asking me for hundreds and hundreds of pounds for tickets, which in all honesty I will probably end up paying. But Bradford City should have arranged for at least some tickets on General Sale. Please don't try and tell me this is a General Sale, it's more like the Spanish Inquisition. I have booked my flights (my own choice, no one elses). And I am still hoping to make it to Wembley. I jus wanted to express how I felt, that after all my years of being a fan and all the money I spent on trying to see my team, this is the situation I'm stuck with. So finally, if anybody knows of any Bradford fans who want to help a fellow Bantam out, and who are asking less than a fortune per ticket, bare me in mind! Hope that if Bradford are ever in this situation, they think about the people who no longer live in Bradford, people who are true fans. ForeignBantam

9:03am Tue 12 Feb 13

silverbantam says...

Someone had a Wembey ticket on ebay yesterday so I reported them to ebay because it is against their policies so it was cancelled.

I urge others to do the same.

Also there are people selling ticket stubs on ebay and others are putting in stupidly high bids to kill the listings.
Someone had a Wembey ticket on ebay yesterday so I reported them to ebay because it is against their policies so it was cancelled. I urge others to do the same. Also there are people selling ticket stubs on ebay and others are putting in stupidly high bids to kill the listings. silverbantam

9:21am Tue 12 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

with stubs changing hand for a couple of thousand on e bay I have to ask if these people are idiots:the purchase of a stub is no guarantee of getting a ticket out of the general sale
with stubs changing hand for a couple of thousand on e bay I have to ask if these people are idiots:the purchase of a stub is no guarantee of getting a ticket out of the general sale tyker2

4:44pm Tue 12 Feb 13

journeyman50 says...

I have been a City supporter since the mid 70's. Held a season ticket upto and including the premiership days. Have also been secretary of the 100 club back in the 90's, and had a spell as P.A. Announcer in 92/93. Now living on East coast since 2003, and not able to afford to watch City regularly, I am disappointed that I will not be able to buy a ticket for a once in a lifetime event. I think the club either don't realise thay have supporters living out of Bradford, or they don't care because they can sell tickets to their supporters who live in and near Bradford. A great shame.
I have been a City supporter since the mid 70's. Held a season ticket upto and including the premiership days. Have also been secretary of the 100 club back in the 90's, and had a spell as P.A. Announcer in 92/93. Now living on East coast since 2003, and not able to afford to watch City regularly, I am disappointed that I will not be able to buy a ticket for a once in a lifetime event. I think the club either don't realise thay have supporters living out of Bradford, or they don't care because they can sell tickets to their supporters who live in and near Bradford. A great shame. journeyman50

7:11pm Tue 12 Feb 13

exile33 says...

journeyman50 wrote:
I have been a City supporter since the mid 70's. Held a season ticket upto and including the premiership days. Have also been secretary of the 100 club back in the 90's, and had a spell as P.A. Announcer in 92/93. Now living on East coast since 2003, and not able to afford to watch City regularly, I am disappointed that I will not be able to buy a ticket for a once in a lifetime event. I think the club either don't realise thay have supporters living out of Bradford, or they don't care because they can sell tickets to their supporters who live in and near Bradford. A great shame.
They don't care or have made an assessment that this way has more potential to make them money going forward.

It absolutely sickens me to read above that there are people with tickets who have never been to a city match, whilst there are many of who have been to hundreds of matches home and away over many years excluded from the event because of the ticketing policy.
[quote][p][bold]journeyman50[/bold] wrote: I have been a City supporter since the mid 70's. Held a season ticket upto and including the premiership days. Have also been secretary of the 100 club back in the 90's, and had a spell as P.A. Announcer in 92/93. Now living on East coast since 2003, and not able to afford to watch City regularly, I am disappointed that I will not be able to buy a ticket for a once in a lifetime event. I think the club either don't realise thay have supporters living out of Bradford, or they don't care because they can sell tickets to their supporters who live in and near Bradford. A great shame.[/p][/quote]They don't care or have made an assessment that this way has more potential to make them money going forward. It absolutely sickens me to read above that there are people with tickets who have never been to a city match, whilst there are many of who have been to hundreds of matches home and away over many years excluded from the event because of the ticketing policy. exile33

12:53am Wed 13 Feb 13

TirNaNog says...

Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn
ia etc.
Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.
Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn ia etc. Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again. TirNaNog

2:29am Wed 13 Feb 13

exile33 says...

TirNaNog wrote:
Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn

ia etc.
Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.
You're obviously the brains behind city's approach to ticketing this. Very well reasoned.

What about the hangers on within the city limits who are going to wembley and live within 10 mins of valley parade but have never set foot in the ground, nor will they ever in the future unless Robbie Williams plays there?

Think before you type.
[quote][p][bold]TirNaNog[/bold] wrote: Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn ia etc. Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.[/p][/quote]You're obviously the brains behind city's approach to ticketing this. Very well reasoned. What about the hangers on within the city limits who are going to wembley and live within 10 mins of valley parade but have never set foot in the ground, nor will they ever in the future unless Robbie Williams plays there? Think before you type. exile33

12:45pm Wed 13 Feb 13

TirNaNog says...

Aww bless! Someone doesn't like home truths! You moved out - live with it!
Come on then Brains show us your masterplan for allocating tickets so everyone is happy! You must have one surely?
Aww bless! Someone doesn't like home truths! You moved out - live with it! Come on then Brains show us your masterplan for allocating tickets so everyone is happy! You must have one surely? TirNaNog

12:55pm Wed 13 Feb 13

ForeignBantam says...

TirNaNog wrote:
Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn

ia etc.
Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.
Mate, don't be jealous!
[quote][p][bold]TirNaNog[/bold] wrote: Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn ia etc. Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.[/p][/quote]Mate, don't be jealous! ForeignBantam

7:04pm Wed 13 Feb 13

BCFC1234 says...

Half of my workplace who have never stepped a foot in VP seem to have tickets. Funny enough they all live in Baildon.
Half of my workplace who have never stepped a foot in VP seem to have tickets. Funny enough they all live in Baildon. BCFC1234

10:02am Thu 14 Feb 13

exile33 says...

TirNaNog wrote:
Aww bless! Someone doesn't like home truths! You moved out - live with it!
Come on then Brains show us your masterplan for allocating tickets so everyone is happy! You must have one surely?
Never argue with a fool. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I defer to your immaculate reasoning.

Of course the club had no way to distinguish genuine exiled supporters like previous records of ticket sales, registered previous season ticket holders etc? I and my mrs who also had a season ticket for a number of years ago still have our details registered on the online ticketing system despite not having purchased them for several years.

With a little effort and thought genuine supporters could have been identified.

Enjoy wembley with the 20,000 hangers on.
[quote][p][bold]TirNaNog[/bold] wrote: Aww bless! Someone doesn't like home truths! You moved out - live with it! Come on then Brains show us your masterplan for allocating tickets so everyone is happy! You must have one surely?[/p][/quote]Never argue with a fool. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. I defer to your immaculate reasoning. Of course the club had no way to distinguish genuine exiled supporters like previous records of ticket sales, registered previous season ticket holders etc? I and my mrs who also had a season ticket for a number of years ago still have our details registered on the online ticketing system despite not having purchased them for several years. With a little effort and thought genuine supporters could have been identified. Enjoy wembley with the 20,000 hangers on. exile33

1:09pm Thu 14 Feb 13

Andy2010 says...

TirNaNog wrote:
Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn

ia etc.
Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.
LOL what an idiot

What about the ST holders who bought 3 tickets and gave these away to friends, family and workmates or sold them ?

Are they not encouraging these so called "plastics" to attend you fool

I bet over 60% of the "fans" attending Wembley have never been to VP and most likely will never return and I would hazard a guess a few thousand of these have no interest in football whatsoever but are just going fro the day out

This is purely the fault of the ST holders......oh i forgot no-one is allowed to say anything about that
[quote][p][bold]TirNaNog[/bold] wrote: Sorry for the ex-pats but it was your decision to leave. A scenario like this should have been weighed-up when deciding to move to South Coast/Australia/Narn ia etc. Frankly if we hadn't got to Wembley we would probably never see most of these whingers within the walls of VP again.[/p][/quote]LOL what an idiot What about the ST holders who bought 3 tickets and gave these away to friends, family and workmates or sold them ? Are they not encouraging these so called "plastics" to attend you fool I bet over 60% of the "fans" attending Wembley have never been to VP and most likely will never return and I would hazard a guess a few thousand of these have no interest in football whatsoever but are just going fro the day out This is purely the fault of the ST holders......oh i forgot no-one is allowed to say anything about that Andy2010

3:25pm Sat 16 Feb 13

WayneRouke says...

Just overheard this not 30 minutes ago in the pub

A 'Fan' asked his "mate", who was a season ticket holder and only wanted one, to get two more as his allowance,for the 'mate'.

Season ticket holder did as was asked, but when he met with fan/mate he wanted £150.00 per ticket .

Result: Season ticket holder now has two tickets he doesnt want, the friendship no longer exists and apparently so called Friend went to VP and bought two tickets, as there apparently are 100 not yet sold.
Just overheard this not 30 minutes ago in the pub A 'Fan' asked his "mate", who was a season ticket holder and only wanted one, to get two more as his allowance,for the 'mate'. Season ticket holder did as was asked, but when he met with fan/mate he wanted £150.00 per ticket . Result: Season ticket holder now has two tickets he doesnt want, the friendship no longer exists and apparently so called Friend went to VP and bought two tickets, as there apparently are 100 not yet sold. WayneRouke

3:32pm Sat 16 Feb 13

WayneRouke says...

On my way to watch the Bulls match in about 30 minutes

COYB
On my way to watch the Bulls match in about 30 minutes COYB WayneRouke

3:52pm Sat 16 Feb 13

Nickloza says...

WayneRouke wrote:
Just overheard this not 30 minutes ago in the pub

A 'Fan' asked his "mate", who was a season ticket holder and only wanted one, to get two more as his allowance,for the 'mate'.

Season ticket holder did as was asked, but when he met with fan/mate he wanted £150.00 per ticket .

Result: Season ticket holder now has two tickets he doesnt want, the friendship no longer exists and apparently so called Friend went to VP and bought two tickets, as there apparently are 100 not yet sold.
David Baldwin was on the Pulse before todays kick off all tickets sold as of 2.55
[quote][p][bold]WayneRouke[/bold] wrote: Just overheard this not 30 minutes ago in the pub A 'Fan' asked his "mate", who was a season ticket holder and only wanted one, to get two more as his allowance,for the 'mate'. Season ticket holder did as was asked, but when he met with fan/mate he wanted £150.00 per ticket . Result: Season ticket holder now has two tickets he doesnt want, the friendship no longer exists and apparently so called Friend went to VP and bought two tickets, as there apparently are 100 not yet sold.[/p][/quote]David Baldwin was on the Pulse before todays kick off all tickets sold as of 2.55 Nickloza

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree