Living in the Wembley bubble taking its toll on Bradford City chief Baldwin

Director of operations Dave Baldwin has praised the tireless efforts of the City staff who have worked “above and beyond” the call of duty

Director of operations Dave Baldwin has praised the tireless efforts of the City staff who have worked “above and beyond” the call of duty

First published in Bantams Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford City Reporter

The phone call finished, there is an immediate knock at the door with another e-mail complaining about tickets. Then the mobile vibrates again.

Welcome to the world of David Baldwin, the Valley Parade director of operations. It is non-stop and has been since City picked off their first Premier League scalp at Wigan.

Baldwin jokes that he is the “man with no life”.

He’s half right – there is no life beyond the bubble of Wembley and doing all in his power to ensure history’s most unlikely cup finalists are ready for their big day.

It has placed a heavy strain on his health – Baldwin’s blood pressure is uncomfortably high. And wife of 18 months Ashleigh only sees him in passing.

“I get moments to relax but you don’t ever switch off,” admitted Baldwin. “That’s the problem with sleep because your brain is in overdrive.

Dave Baldwin

I won’t accept the lack of tolerance towards some of the staff. It’s quite sad to see. It’s a minority but a very selfish mode does kick in with some people... You don’t treat a fellow fan with such vicious and abusive language

“I’m very conscious of not overdoing it on the alcohol because in the end that won’t help either. But sometimes you do think a few whiskies might resolve the problem.

“Ash has been great and it’s been so important having someone behind you who knows when to be there and look after you and when to give you a bit of space.

“My wife has got a full-time job and she’ll still make sure I come home to dinner on the table and ironed shirts. She really does go above and beyond the call of duty.

“I’m sure that’s the same for the partners of all the staff. There are unsung heroes that really do keep everybody going.

“But I think another holiday might be in order once the final has gone and it’s definitely her treat with what she’d like to do.”

The Baldwins were on holiday in Italy for the win at the DW Stadium in the last week of October which sparked the cup mania.

After a hectic summer filled with transfers, player contracts, commercial deals and stadium renovation, it was their first chance to get away since early May.

The mini-break in Sorrento had been booked to slot in between two away games. Like every other fan, nobody seriously expected to be involved in a fourth-round cup tie.

Baldwin listened to the game on the internet – and the moment that Matt Duke saved the decisive spot-kick, his phone lit up like a Christmas tree. It has been ringing constantly ever since.

The Arsenal quarter-final was a huge logistical operation, shifting the number of tickets not seen since the top flight and re-using areas of the stadium that had lain dormant in all that time. Aston Villa, in comparison, proved a lot smoother.

Baldwin credits the staff who have helped City cope with this undreamed-of workload. The day before the Wembley sales began, he joined ticket office manager Mick Lamb in a 21-hour shift.

“I went home and had an hour-and-a-half’s nap but I don’t even think Mick got that. We both had a shower and came back in and went again until 9.30pm the next day.

“I can’t thank the staff enough for working above and beyond. The people at this club are Bradford City through and through and we dig in as a team. It is that much harder to enjoy the event. You don’t get the anticipation and those moments to be a fan because you’re so engrossed in making sure everything works.

“It does take a toll on you. My blood pressure is running at extremely high levels at the moment, which concerns my wife.”

There is no let-up during the sales period for the final. The allocation has been hugely over-subscribed and the process is not helped by the time-consuming method that Wembley employ.

“Ordinarily if you buy a ticket on the floor plan here, you select a seat, we process it and it generates a ticket directly.

“Wembley post 32,000 pre-printed tickets. So when a customer processes online, they appear as a line of entry on a spreadsheet.

“Then somebody’s got to go and pick those tickets, make sure they are the right price, put them in envelopes and post them out. The mechanics are very laborious.

“It doesn’t sound like a lot of tickets but when you see the boxes stacked up, that’s a whole room full.”

Many will inevitably miss out and that frustration has boiled over on occasions.

It annoys Baldwin when the club employees find themselves getting an earful.

“I won’t accept the lack of tolerance towards some of the staff. It’s quite sad to see. It’s a minority but a very selfish mode does kick in with some people. They have no consideration for the human element that’s going on here.

“You don’t treat a fellow fan with such vicious and abusive language.

“Sometimes I only get to hear about it second hand. If I see it happening, I will make sure that the person does not get a ticket for Wembley and will consider whether they should enter this stadium again.”

A folder thick with pleading letters sits on his desk. As we speak, someone comes in with a couple more. Everyone with a City connection is desperate to be at the big game.

Baldwin said: “I’ve got total empathy but it’s an impossible task. We’ve got 100,000 people wanting 32-33,000 tickets so two-thirds are going to miss out.

“We’ve received hundreds of letters and at one stage my emails were going up 85 an hour. That went on for 18 hours – even at 3am.

“There comes a point where you can’t respond quick enough to them all.”

The remaining general tickets go on sale from Thursday. Baldwin hopes to head off the expected mad scramble with an announcement over the weekend outlining a preference system.

He leaves a little clue about “people making a judgement call on their commitments going forward.”

He also knows that plenty more calls, e-mails and letters will be winging his way. But that’s been his lot for over three months now.

Comments (33)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:36am Sat 9 Feb 13

macca1969 says...

I for one think David Baldwin and the whole staff are absolutely brilliant. Whenever I have needed to contact the club Dave has always sorted it out. Returning my calls leaving voicemails until the situation is resolved, no other club are so involved for us fans. A big well done and Thankyou from all of us.

Try not to let your health suffer though we need a fully fit Dave you can't continue to do such an excellent job from the hospital bed. Also love the bit about your wife, maybe a typo but when it says her treat after what she told you she wants to do, no wonder your blood pressure is up ;) only joking fella but thanks again people like you are what makes us proud of our club.

One last thing zero tolerance on the abuse ban them for life end of
I for one think David Baldwin and the whole staff are absolutely brilliant. Whenever I have needed to contact the club Dave has always sorted it out. Returning my calls leaving voicemails until the situation is resolved, no other club are so involved for us fans. A big well done and Thankyou from all of us. Try not to let your health suffer though we need a fully fit Dave you can't continue to do such an excellent job from the hospital bed. Also love the bit about your wife, maybe a typo but when it says her treat after what she told you she wants to do, no wonder your blood pressure is up ;) only joking fella but thanks again people like you are what makes us proud of our club. One last thing zero tolerance on the abuse ban them for life end of macca1969
  • Score: 0

11:02am Sat 9 Feb 13

gentlemanbob says...

Hi Gents

Great job Mr Baldwin and Staff

But think about your health.....
We need you at the club and not in hospital...


Yours

Gentlemanbob
Hi Gents Great job Mr Baldwin and Staff But think about your health..... We need you at the club and not in hospital... Yours Gentlemanbob gentlemanbob
  • Score: 0

11:30am Sat 9 Feb 13

nowt fresh says...

macca1969 wrote:
I for one think David Baldwin and the whole staff are absolutely brilliant. Whenever I have needed to contact the club Dave has always sorted it out. Returning my calls leaving voicemails until the situation is resolved, no other club are so involved for us fans. A big well done and Thankyou from all of us. Try not to let your health suffer though we need a fully fit Dave you can't continue to do such an excellent job from the hospital bed. Also love the bit about your wife, maybe a typo but when it says her treat after what she told you she wants to do, no wonder your blood pressure is up ;) only joking fella but thanks again people like you are what makes us proud of our club. One last thing zero tolerance on the abuse ban them for life end of
Bang on the money macca I sent him an email last Saturday night (about some of the fans saying you could not buy a specific seat just purchase one in an area which would have been no good to me as I required 9 together) he replied within the hour,great PR keep upthe great work Dave and keep an eyeon your blood pressure :-)).
[quote][p][bold]macca1969[/bold] wrote: I for one think David Baldwin and the whole staff are absolutely brilliant. Whenever I have needed to contact the club Dave has always sorted it out. Returning my calls leaving voicemails until the situation is resolved, no other club are so involved for us fans. A big well done and Thankyou from all of us. Try not to let your health suffer though we need a fully fit Dave you can't continue to do such an excellent job from the hospital bed. Also love the bit about your wife, maybe a typo but when it says her treat after what she told you she wants to do, no wonder your blood pressure is up ;) only joking fella but thanks again people like you are what makes us proud of our club. One last thing zero tolerance on the abuse ban them for life end of[/p][/quote]Bang on the money macca I sent him an email last Saturday night (about some of the fans saying you could not buy a specific seat just purchase one in an area which would have been no good to me as I required 9 together) he replied within the hour,great PR keep upthe great work Dave and keep an eyeon your blood pressure :-)). nowt fresh
  • Score: 0

11:31am Sat 9 Feb 13

fledge3 says...

The whole of Bradford staff are amazing. And I agree with what's said about fans being nasty and berating each other over what is going to be an amazing and historic event. I unfortunately can't go cos of health problems but I will be travelling to Bradford to see the match with other ans in a pub somewhere. I wish the team all the best and win or lose the team, the staff and the management have all done amazing
The whole of Bradford staff are amazing. And I agree with what's said about fans being nasty and berating each other over what is going to be an amazing and historic event. I unfortunately can't go cos of health problems but I will be travelling to Bradford to see the match with other ans in a pub somewhere. I wish the team all the best and win or lose the team, the staff and the management have all done amazing fledge3
  • Score: 0

11:44am Sat 9 Feb 13

wembley bound says...

I too would like to congratulate the staff on a job well done. A pleasant and easy transaction for mine.
See you all down in the bar this aft for pre match drinks and a few Wembley songs.
HAPPY DAYS
I too would like to congratulate the staff on a job well done. A pleasant and easy transaction for mine. See you all down in the bar this aft for pre match drinks and a few Wembley songs. HAPPY DAYS wembley bound
  • Score: 0

12:10pm Sat 9 Feb 13

bcfc1903 says...

Top fella..been in touch with David three times recently...always replys...BCFC wont go far wrong with people like David Baldwin helping to run the club. Well done David!!!!!
Top fella..been in touch with David three times recently...always replys...BCFC wont go far wrong with people like David Baldwin helping to run the club. Well done David!!!!! bcfc1903
  • Score: 0

1:20pm Sat 9 Feb 13

shaun from richmond says...

Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!.
Talk about "Asking for trouble"!.
Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!.
No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!.
Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket).
BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!. shaun from richmond
  • Score: 0

3:25pm Sat 9 Feb 13

moanmoanwhingewhinge says...

shaun from richmond wrote:
Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
You really are a complete @rse. And you're in no position to call anyone 'brain dead' - Parky still a 'deadbeat' is he?????
[quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]You really are a complete @rse. And you're in no position to call anyone 'brain dead' - Parky still a 'deadbeat' is he????? moanmoanwhingewhinge
  • Score: 0

3:52pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Pablo says...

shaun from richmond wrote:
Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!.
Talk about "Asking for trouble"!.
Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!.
No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!.
Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket).
BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
Totally agree. It should have been two per season ticket holder.

Maybe it was done to reduce the volume of applications ie easier to sell 80% of the tickets to 8,500 season ticket holders rather than individual applications.

I suppose any system would have been open to criticism.

I've heard the same stories of fans financing their ticket and travel cost from selling spare tickets at exorbitant prices.
[quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]Totally agree. It should have been two per season ticket holder. Maybe it was done to reduce the volume of applications ie easier to sell 80% of the tickets to 8,500 season ticket holders rather than individual applications. I suppose any system would have been open to criticism. I've heard the same stories of fans financing their ticket and travel cost from selling spare tickets at exorbitant prices. Pablo
  • Score: 0

3:55pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Shaunfromrichmond1 says...

Shame I carnt make it to today's game as I am busy shopping with my boyfriend
Shame I carnt make it to today's game as I am busy shopping with my boyfriend Shaunfromrichmond1
  • Score: 0

5:35pm Sat 9 Feb 13

shaun from richmond says...

moanmoanwhingewhinge wrote:
shaun from richmond wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
You really are a complete @rse. And you're in no position to call anyone 'brain dead' - Parky still a 'deadbeat' is he?????
Wasnt at the game today....along with the other 20k "LOYAL" supporters who had something else to do!...BUT HEY......Ive got my CUP FINAL ticket!!.
AS for the "Brain Dead" comment.......The TICKET SHAMBLES is straight out of the "Julian Rhodes" masterclass!!. 25 year season tickets anyone????.
Deadbeat Parky would be out of a job by now if it wasnt for Capital One Cup!!......STRANGE HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE!!
[quote][p][bold]moanmoanwhingewhinge[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]You really are a complete @rse. And you're in no position to call anyone 'brain dead' - Parky still a 'deadbeat' is he?????[/p][/quote]Wasnt at the game today....along with the other 20k "LOYAL" supporters who had something else to do!...BUT HEY......Ive got my CUP FINAL ticket!!. AS for the "Brain Dead" comment.......The TICKET SHAMBLES is straight out of the "Julian Rhodes" masterclass!!. 25 year season tickets anyone????. Deadbeat Parky would be out of a job by now if it wasnt for Capital One Cup!!......STRANGE HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE!! shaun from richmond
  • Score: 0

6:40pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Bantamdownsouth says...

It doesn't look like I will be getting a Wembey ticket, as gutting as that is for me, (I live and work away so don't have a ST or Flexi) and there are aspects of the ticket sale I'm not happy with for purely selfish reasons.However I do want to say a big thankyou to the staff and Mr Baldwin at BCAFC.

I can't imagine the stress and pressure they have been under for the last few weeks, I hope when we take the trophy back to VP :-) they all get a chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment.

Thankyou to you all and I'm sorry you have had to put up with abuse from city 'fans' after tickets. Nobody deserves that, especially as a group of hard workers such as yourself.

You are all a credit to the club.
It doesn't look like I will be getting a Wembey ticket, as gutting as that is for me, (I live and work away so don't have a ST or Flexi) and there are aspects of the ticket sale I'm not happy with for purely selfish reasons.However I do want to say a big thankyou to the staff and Mr Baldwin at BCAFC. I can't imagine the stress and pressure they have been under for the last few weeks, I hope when we take the trophy back to VP :-) they all get a chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment. Thankyou to you all and I'm sorry you have had to put up with abuse from city 'fans' after tickets. Nobody deserves that, especially as a group of hard workers such as yourself. You are all a credit to the club. Bantamdownsouth
  • Score: 0

8:46pm Sat 9 Feb 13

NinjaBadger says...

Bantamdownsouth wrote:
It doesn't look like I will be getting a Wembey ticket, as gutting as that is for me, (I live and work away so don't have a ST or Flexi) and there are aspects of the ticket sale I'm not happy with for purely selfish reasons.However I do want to say a big thankyou to the staff and Mr Baldwin at BCAFC.

I can't imagine the stress and pressure they have been under for the last few weeks, I hope when we take the trophy back to VP :-) they all get a chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment.

Thankyou to you all and I'm sorry you have had to put up with abuse from city 'fans' after tickets. Nobody deserves that, especially as a group of hard workers such as yourself.

You are all a credit to the club.
+1

I've been in the South West for almost 10 years now, (luckily I've seen City a bit as there always seem to have been at least a couple of the South West teams in City's division) - will be gutted to miss out on seeing them play at Wembley. I do hope the few remaining tickets go on general sale without condition, so I at least have a chance of getting one, but if I don't I'll be in the pub cheering them on like I have all the way through.

'Fans' giving anyone at the club a hard time should really take a look at themselves - well done Mr Baldwin, don't let 'em get you down.
[quote][p][bold]Bantamdownsouth[/bold] wrote: It doesn't look like I will be getting a Wembey ticket, as gutting as that is for me, (I live and work away so don't have a ST or Flexi) and there are aspects of the ticket sale I'm not happy with for purely selfish reasons.However I do want to say a big thankyou to the staff and Mr Baldwin at BCAFC. I can't imagine the stress and pressure they have been under for the last few weeks, I hope when we take the trophy back to VP :-) they all get a chance to sit back, relax and enjoy the moment. Thankyou to you all and I'm sorry you have had to put up with abuse from city 'fans' after tickets. Nobody deserves that, especially as a group of hard workers such as yourself. You are all a credit to the club.[/p][/quote]+1 I've been in the South West for almost 10 years now, (luckily I've seen City a bit as there always seem to have been at least a couple of the South West teams in City's division) - will be gutted to miss out on seeing them play at Wembley. I do hope the few remaining tickets go on general sale without condition, so I at least have a chance of getting one, but if I don't I'll be in the pub cheering them on like I have all the way through. 'Fans' giving anyone at the club a hard time should really take a look at themselves - well done Mr Baldwin, don't let 'em get you down. NinjaBadger
  • Score: 0

10:01pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Skiptonbantam says...

This situation is now is starting to leave a nasty taste in the mouth. I for one will be glad when the cup final is over and done with. I stopped going to City when we were in the top flight after supporting City home and away since 1962 because when the likes of Manchester United came to town i could not get a ticket. The feeling i had then is similar to what i feel now, even though i have tickets for the final.
Can i make a suggestion? On the 25th EVERYBODY sends a thank you card to Dave and all the ticket staff for their efforts in what must be an impossible situation. This T&A article illustrates the human cost the City success is having and i for one are disturbed by it.
This situation is now is starting to leave a nasty taste in the mouth. I for one will be glad when the cup final is over and done with. I stopped going to City when we were in the top flight after supporting City home and away since 1962 because when the likes of Manchester United came to town i could not get a ticket. The feeling i had then is similar to what i feel now, even though i have tickets for the final. Can i make a suggestion? On the 25th EVERYBODY sends a thank you card to Dave and all the ticket staff for their efforts in what must be an impossible situation. This T&A article illustrates the human cost the City success is having and i for one are disturbed by it. Skiptonbantam
  • Score: 0

11:06pm Sat 9 Feb 13

richbar62 says...

Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......

Hey Shaun, im coming from overseas, and in case i cant get tickets, where are these people selling these tickets ??
Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!...... Hey Shaun, im coming from overseas, and in case i cant get tickets, where are these people selling these tickets ?? richbar62
  • Score: 0

11:54pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Storck says...

shaun from richmond wrote:
Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!.
Talk about "Asking for trouble"!.
Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!.
No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!.
Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket).
BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
The FL and Wembley have a restriction on the number of tickets that can go on general sale. This is so they are traceable through ST or membership numbers. If we had gone for 2 per ST Holder we would have been issued with less tickets.

Hope that explains it.
[quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]The FL and Wembley have a restriction on the number of tickets that can go on general sale. This is so they are traceable through ST or membership numbers. If we had gone for 2 per ST Holder we would have been issued with less tickets. Hope that explains it. Storck
  • Score: 0

11:55pm Sat 9 Feb 13

Cityboy78 says...

So it looks like people who may not already have a season ticket for this season or next season, possibly because they can not afford one, live at the other side of the country or work an unsociable shift pattern (or all three!) Will now be pressured into spending £200 on a season ticket they can not use or afford, on top of funding tickets and associated costs of a Wembley trip.

BCFC should take out shares in these 1000%apr loan firms because they will be raking it in. And no, it will not be offered over a staggered payment as everyone will default straight away after the final is played.

Assuming that is the proviso, this is a good way of taking hold of such desperate city fans by their needy little nipples, and milking them dry.

and based on the complete guff that was on display today, the highlight being the Gills fans being ejected and the City fans fighting each other, i think they have got more front than Brighton.
So it looks like people who may not already have a season ticket for this season or next season, possibly because they can not afford one, live at the other side of the country or work an unsociable shift pattern (or all three!) Will now be pressured into spending £200 on a season ticket they can not use or afford, on top of funding tickets and associated costs of a Wembley trip. BCFC should take out shares in these 1000%apr loan firms because they will be raking it in. And no, it will not be offered over a staggered payment as everyone will default straight away after the final is played. Assuming that is the proviso, this is a good way of taking hold of such desperate city fans by their needy little nipples, and milking them dry. and based on the complete guff that was on display today, the highlight being the Gills fans being ejected and the City fans fighting each other, i think they have got more front than Brighton. Cityboy78
  • Score: 0

12:10am Sun 10 Feb 13

Cityboy78 says...

Storck wrote:
shaun from richmond wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
The FL and Wembley have a restriction on the number of tickets that can go on general sale. This is so they are traceable through ST or membership numbers. If we had gone for 2 per ST Holder we would have been issued with less tickets. Hope that explains it.
Where is the evidence or source of this information? plenty of small teams play at wembley in play off finals, jp cup and fa trophey etc and i am not aware of this being stated oficially before. also, for england games, the england fan club have priority but theres always plenty on general sale for friendlies. if the fa wanted to control tickets they would do like several large gig promoters now do for glastonbury etc and print names on tickets.

i have never seen an unequal allocation of tickets for any final due to ticket distribution agreements. i agree with the poster who said it is easier for thd club to sell 30,000 tickets to 10,000 customers over the phone and internet than sell the same amount to 15-20,000 customers at the ticket shop, as we did in 96.
[quote][p][bold]Storck[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]The FL and Wembley have a restriction on the number of tickets that can go on general sale. This is so they are traceable through ST or membership numbers. If we had gone for 2 per ST Holder we would have been issued with less tickets. Hope that explains it.[/p][/quote]Where is the evidence or source of this information? plenty of small teams play at wembley in play off finals, jp cup and fa trophey etc and i am not aware of this being stated oficially before. also, for england games, the england fan club have priority but theres always plenty on general sale for friendlies. if the fa wanted to control tickets they would do like several large gig promoters now do for glastonbury etc and print names on tickets. i have never seen an unequal allocation of tickets for any final due to ticket distribution agreements. i agree with the poster who said it is easier for thd club to sell 30,000 tickets to 10,000 customers over the phone and internet than sell the same amount to 15-20,000 customers at the ticket shop, as we did in 96. Cityboy78
  • Score: 0

2:52am Sun 10 Feb 13

Shadrach Dingle says...

bcfc1903 wrote:
Top fella..been in touch with David three times recently...always replys...BCFC wont go far wrong with people like David Baldwin helping to run the club. Well done David!!!!!
It's alright praising Mr Baldwin but can I ask why you felt the need to get in touch with him 'three times recently'? Only it strikes me that you're just the type of person that's been making the poor blokes life a misery.

As far as I'm concerned no season ticket holder should have felt the need to get in touch with Mr Baldwin. Only all the relevant information regarding the buying of Wembley tickets was straight-forward and freely available on t'internet and various other media sources and you'd have to be pretty stupid to not understand how it works without having to pester the club and various individuals within it for more information.

(If your THREE enquiries to Mr Baldwin were to do with other matters please ignore the above.)
[quote][p][bold]bcfc1903[/bold] wrote: Top fella..been in touch with David three times recently...always replys...BCFC wont go far wrong with people like David Baldwin helping to run the club. Well done David!!!!![/p][/quote]It's alright praising Mr Baldwin but can I ask why you felt the need to get in touch with him 'three times recently'? Only it strikes me that you're just the type of person that's been making the poor blokes life a misery. As far as I'm concerned no season ticket holder should have felt the need to get in touch with Mr Baldwin. Only all the relevant information regarding the buying of Wembley tickets was straight-forward and freely available on t'internet and various other media sources and you'd have to be pretty stupid to not understand how it works without having to pester the club and various individuals within it for more information. (If your THREE enquiries to Mr Baldwin were to do with other matters please ignore the above.) Shadrach Dingle
  • Score: 0

4:03am Sun 10 Feb 13

Cityboy78 says...

Shadrach Dingle wrote:
bcfc1903 wrote: Top fella..been in touch with David three times recently...always replys...BCFC wont go far wrong with people like David Baldwin helping to run the club. Well done David!!!!!
It's alright praising Mr Baldwin but can I ask why you felt the need to get in touch with him 'three times recently'? Only it strikes me that you're just the type of person that's been making the poor blokes life a misery. As far as I'm concerned no season ticket holder should have felt the need to get in touch with Mr Baldwin. Only all the relevant information regarding the buying of Wembley tickets was straight-forward and freely available on t'internet and various other media sources and you'd have to be pretty stupid to not understand how it works without having to pester the club and various individuals within it for more information. (If your THREE enquiries to Mr Baldwin were to do with other matters please ignore the above.)
I agree. And I also feel sorry for the many fans who are patiently waiting for the long awaited, not so 'general' sale, when it would appear several hundred tickets are being given out based on how well they can play the violin whilst bleeting and begging for tickets. When reading the ticket sales terms and conditions (as many people clearly did not), I don’t remember seeing an 'appeals' process, and to see it is being succumbed to is frankly unbelievable.

I understand that you cannot please everyone....etc.... etc....however if I implemented a process at work which caused so many problems, issues, and complaints, I would accept that it was flawed. This whole process has been flawed, and unnecessarily so. Any season ticket holder who says they didn’t raise an eyebrow in surprise at being granted three tickets is frankly telling porkies.
[quote][p][bold]Shadrach Dingle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bcfc1903[/bold] wrote: Top fella..been in touch with David three times recently...always replys...BCFC wont go far wrong with people like David Baldwin helping to run the club. Well done David!!!!![/p][/quote]It's alright praising Mr Baldwin but can I ask why you felt the need to get in touch with him 'three times recently'? Only it strikes me that you're just the type of person that's been making the poor blokes life a misery. As far as I'm concerned no season ticket holder should have felt the need to get in touch with Mr Baldwin. Only all the relevant information regarding the buying of Wembley tickets was straight-forward and freely available on t'internet and various other media sources and you'd have to be pretty stupid to not understand how it works without having to pester the club and various individuals within it for more information. (If your THREE enquiries to Mr Baldwin were to do with other matters please ignore the above.)[/p][/quote]I agree. And I also feel sorry for the many fans who are patiently waiting for the long awaited, not so 'general' sale, when it would appear several hundred tickets are being given out based on how well they can play the violin whilst bleeting and begging for tickets. When reading the ticket sales terms and conditions (as many people clearly did not), I don’t remember seeing an 'appeals' process, and to see it is being succumbed to is frankly unbelievable. I understand that you cannot please everyone....etc.... etc....however if I implemented a process at work which caused so many problems, issues, and complaints, I would accept that it was flawed. This whole process has been flawed, and unnecessarily so. Any season ticket holder who says they didn’t raise an eyebrow in surprise at being granted three tickets is frankly telling porkies. Cityboy78
  • Score: 0

8:11am Sun 10 Feb 13

paulsmith2602mason says...

Pablo wrote:
shaun from richmond wrote:
Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!.
Talk about "Asking for trouble"!.
Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!.
No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!.
Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket).
BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
Totally agree. It should have been two per season ticket holder.

Maybe it was done to reduce the volume of applications ie easier to sell 80% of the tickets to 8,500 season ticket holders rather than individual applications.

I suppose any system would have been open to criticism.

I've heard the same stories of fans financing their ticket and travel cost from selling spare tickets at exorbitant prices.
this was nothing to do with wembley decicing on how many season ticket holders got. if it was why did swansea get it so right allowing ther season ticket holders only 2 tickets allowing the general fan a better chance to support there club on a special day ..to the fan that has been in touch with mr baldwin 3 times this week can i have his direct number because i have sent email after email and phoned and still had no reply .tickets should have been done on a address system .think about it say me and my partner have season tickets that means we could have 6 tickets and make a killing which i am sure is happining giving less chance for anybody else to get them . this 3 ticket system stinks. and no i am not pi---- off just annoyed i cant get 2 tickets for me and my 11year old son who one day will keep the claret and amber colours going .
[quote][p][bold]Pablo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]Totally agree. It should have been two per season ticket holder. Maybe it was done to reduce the volume of applications ie easier to sell 80% of the tickets to 8,500 season ticket holders rather than individual applications. I suppose any system would have been open to criticism. I've heard the same stories of fans financing their ticket and travel cost from selling spare tickets at exorbitant prices.[/p][/quote]this was nothing to do with wembley decicing on how many season ticket holders got. if it was why did swansea get it so right allowing ther season ticket holders only 2 tickets allowing the general fan a better chance to support there club on a special day ..to the fan that has been in touch with mr baldwin 3 times this week can i have his direct number because i have sent email after email and phoned and still had no reply .tickets should have been done on a address system .think about it say me and my partner have season tickets that means we could have 6 tickets and make a killing which i am sure is happining giving less chance for anybody else to get them . this 3 ticket system stinks. and no i am not pi---- off just annoyed i cant get 2 tickets for me and my 11year old son who one day will keep the claret and amber colours going . paulsmith2602mason
  • Score: 0

8:44am Sun 10 Feb 13

Stevie-C says...

Skiptonbantam wrote:
This situation is now is starting to leave a nasty taste in the mouth. I for one will be glad when the cup final is over and done with. I stopped going to City when we were in the top flight after supporting City home and away since 1962 because when the likes of Manchester United came to town i could not get a ticket. The feeling i had then is similar to what i feel now, even though i have tickets for the final.
Can i make a suggestion? On the 25th EVERYBODY sends a thank you card to Dave and all the ticket staff for their efforts in what must be an impossible situation. This T&A article illustrates the human cost the City success is having and i for one are disturbed by it.
Correct me if i am wrong, but i am certain we never sold out our home matches during our 2 prem league seasons, so you should have been able to get tickets no problem. You did not miss anything by the way, we were hammered both times and had to endure watching their animal fans wrecking our stadium
[quote][p][bold]Skiptonbantam[/bold] wrote: This situation is now is starting to leave a nasty taste in the mouth. I for one will be glad when the cup final is over and done with. I stopped going to City when we were in the top flight after supporting City home and away since 1962 because when the likes of Manchester United came to town i could not get a ticket. The feeling i had then is similar to what i feel now, even though i have tickets for the final. Can i make a suggestion? On the 25th EVERYBODY sends a thank you card to Dave and all the ticket staff for their efforts in what must be an impossible situation. This T&A article illustrates the human cost the City success is having and i for one are disturbed by it.[/p][/quote]Correct me if i am wrong, but i am certain we never sold out our home matches during our 2 prem league seasons, so you should have been able to get tickets no problem. You did not miss anything by the way, we were hammered both times and had to endure watching their animal fans wrecking our stadium Stevie-C
  • Score: 0

10:29am Sun 10 Feb 13

macca1969 says...

paulsmith2602mason wrote:
Pablo wrote:
shaun from richmond wrote:
Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!.
Talk about "Asking for trouble"!.
Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!.
No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!.
Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket).
BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.
Totally agree. It should have been two per season ticket holder.

Maybe it was done to reduce the volume of applications ie easier to sell 80% of the tickets to 8,500 season ticket holders rather than individual applications.

I suppose any system would have been open to criticism.

I've heard the same stories of fans financing their ticket and travel cost from selling spare tickets at exorbitant prices.
this was nothing to do with wembley decicing on how many season ticket holders got. if it was why did swansea get it so right allowing ther season ticket holders only 2 tickets allowing the general fan a better chance to support there club on a special day ..to the fan that has been in touch with mr baldwin 3 times this week can i have his direct number because i have sent email after email and phoned and still had no reply .tickets should have been done on a address system .think about it say me and my partner have season tickets that means we could have 6 tickets and make a killing which i am sure is happining giving less chance for anybody else to get them . this 3 ticket system stinks. and no i am not pi---- off just annoyed i cant get 2 tickets for me and my 11year old son who one day will keep the claret and amber colours going .
Swansea have more season ticket holders than we do and after selling to them and them alone had less than 500 to go on general sale. Sort of smashes your point really don't it. I mean just over 16000 season ticket holders doesn't leave much left even at two each.
[quote][p][bold]paulsmith2602mason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Pablo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Whoever came up with the LOONY 3 tickets per Season/flexi member can only be described as "Brain Dead"!!. Talk about "Asking for trouble"!. Thousands of black market tickets can be had for £160+....Well done all those City supporters who are making a few quid!......YOU MUST BE PROUD!!. No Season ticket holder (me included)would have complained about 2 tickets per person.......leaving aound 12/13 k tickets for general sale!. Instead we now have Mr Baldwin and staff fielding the impossible task of Selling the last couple of thousand tickets to the poor sods who CANT (for whatever reason.....buy a seasn ticket). BUT HEY...........US SEASON TICKET HOLDERS HAVE GOT OUR TICKETS.......SO WHO GIVES A STUFF!!.[/p][/quote]Totally agree. It should have been two per season ticket holder. Maybe it was done to reduce the volume of applications ie easier to sell 80% of the tickets to 8,500 season ticket holders rather than individual applications. I suppose any system would have been open to criticism. I've heard the same stories of fans financing their ticket and travel cost from selling spare tickets at exorbitant prices.[/p][/quote]this was nothing to do with wembley decicing on how many season ticket holders got. if it was why did swansea get it so right allowing ther season ticket holders only 2 tickets allowing the general fan a better chance to support there club on a special day ..to the fan that has been in touch with mr baldwin 3 times this week can i have his direct number because i have sent email after email and phoned and still had no reply .tickets should have been done on a address system .think about it say me and my partner have season tickets that means we could have 6 tickets and make a killing which i am sure is happining giving less chance for anybody else to get them . this 3 ticket system stinks. and no i am not pi---- off just annoyed i cant get 2 tickets for me and my 11year old son who one day will keep the claret and amber colours going .[/p][/quote]Swansea have more season ticket holders than we do and after selling to them and them alone had less than 500 to go on general sale. Sort of smashes your point really don't it. I mean just over 16000 season ticket holders doesn't leave much left even at two each. macca1969
  • Score: 0

10:59am Sun 10 Feb 13

Hund01 says...

3 tickets per season ticket flex card holder was brilliant thinking. Stops the Bradford end of Wembley being half full of people who have nothing to do with Bradford. There would have been nothing to stop Swansea fans from buying Bradford's tickets. Imagine about 5000 Jacks in the Bradford end? It would have ruined the party.
Of course reading many of the comments on here there are a lot of thick, selfish people whose only talent seems to be to moan, moan, moan.
Many of the real die hard city fans who don't have a season ticket flex card who want a ticket, seem to have already obtained one.
Many of the Club Wembley members seem to be selling their tickets at cost price for those who have a bit of spare cash.
Hopefully there will be an opportunity for those who really want a ticket to get one on next week from the club.
I think Dave, Mick and those in the ticket office have been brilliant working under such pressure. I think it's fantastic that the fans can actually have such a close relationship with the people who work at the club. You don't get that at many.
Anyway Dave, win or lose hope you and your wife have a great holiday when it's all over. At least you'll be in good form come May, when we go to the play off final :)
3 tickets per season ticket flex card holder was brilliant thinking. Stops the Bradford end of Wembley being half full of people who have nothing to do with Bradford. There would have been nothing to stop Swansea fans from buying Bradford's tickets. Imagine about 5000 Jacks in the Bradford end? It would have ruined the party. Of course reading many of the comments on here there are a lot of thick, selfish people whose only talent seems to be to moan, moan, moan. Many of the real die hard city fans who don't have a season ticket flex card who want a ticket, seem to have already obtained one. Many of the Club Wembley members seem to be selling their tickets at cost price for those who have a bit of spare cash. Hopefully there will be an opportunity for those who really want a ticket to get one on next week from the club. I think Dave, Mick and those in the ticket office have been brilliant working under such pressure. I think it's fantastic that the fans can actually have such a close relationship with the people who work at the club. You don't get that at many. Anyway Dave, win or lose hope you and your wife have a great holiday when it's all over. At least you'll be in good form come May, when we go to the play off final :) Hund01
  • Score: 0

11:16am Sun 10 Feb 13

spleen ventor says...

Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale.
It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.
Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale. It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans. spleen ventor
  • Score: 0

11:23am Sun 10 Feb 13

spleen ventor says...

Don't forget, Wembley are used to dealing with cup final teams where season ticket holders far outstrips the number of tickets available.
Don't forget, Wembley are used to dealing with cup final teams where season ticket holders far outstrips the number of tickets available. spleen ventor
  • Score: 0

12:49pm Sun 10 Feb 13

seasonticketholder says...

I hope ticket priority for the remaining tickets is given to people who are prepared to sign up for a season ticket for next season. It is surprising how many have paid £90 for a ticket plus will incur all the extra costs of going to see one match in London, but would not pay either £199 or £50.
Well I hope the club do offer the remaining tickets on that basis. Supporting a club is more than one match!

p.s. we are not selling any of our 24 Wembley tickets!!
I hope ticket priority for the remaining tickets is given to people who are prepared to sign up for a season ticket for next season. It is surprising how many have paid £90 for a ticket plus will incur all the extra costs of going to see one match in London, but would not pay either £199 or £50. Well I hope the club do offer the remaining tickets on that basis. Supporting a club is more than one match! p.s. we are not selling any of our 24 Wembley tickets!! seasonticketholder
  • Score: 0

1:35pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Rambo says...

spleen ventor wrote:
Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale.
It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.
Yep, I heard that as well and repeated it a few times on here and some people agreed, others didn't. I felt I had to try and get the message across and stick up for the club in the face of some horrendous abuse the were taking.
[quote][p][bold]spleen ventor[/bold] wrote: Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale. It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.[/p][/quote]Yep, I heard that as well and repeated it a few times on here and some people agreed, others didn't. I felt I had to try and get the message across and stick up for the club in the face of some horrendous abuse the were taking. Rambo
  • Score: 0

2:34pm Sun 10 Feb 13

nowt fresh says...

Rambo wrote:
spleen ventor wrote: Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale. It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.
Yep, I heard that as well and repeated it a few times on here and some people agreed, others didn't. I felt I had to try and get the message across and stick up for the club in the face of some horrendous abuse the were taking.
Thing I don't understand about the people who criticise the 3 tickets per season/flexi ticket holders and then state they are being sold online for £160 (which I don't think is the case and so far nobody has provided links to say this is going on) is don't they think if the club had decided to only allow 2 per season/flexi ticket holder there would have been many more tickets open to abuse rather strange arguement me thinks..!!
[quote][p][bold]Rambo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]spleen ventor[/bold] wrote: Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale. It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.[/p][/quote]Yep, I heard that as well and repeated it a few times on here and some people agreed, others didn't. I felt I had to try and get the message across and stick up for the club in the face of some horrendous abuse the were taking.[/p][/quote]Thing I don't understand about the people who criticise the 3 tickets per season/flexi ticket holders and then state they are being sold online for £160 (which I don't think is the case and so far nobody has provided links to say this is going on) is don't they think if the club had decided to only allow 2 per season/flexi ticket holder there would have been many more tickets open to abuse rather strange arguement me thinks..!! nowt fresh
  • Score: 0

3:21pm Sun 10 Feb 13

Hund01 says...

nowt fresh wrote:
Rambo wrote:
spleen ventor wrote: Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale. It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.
Yep, I heard that as well and repeated it a few times on here and some people agreed, others didn't. I felt I had to try and get the message across and stick up for the club in the face of some horrendous abuse the were taking.
Thing I don't understand about the people who criticise the 3 tickets per season/flexi ticket holders and then state they are being sold online for £160 (which I don't think is the case and so far nobody has provided links to say this is going on) is don't they think if the club had decided to only allow 2 per season/flexi ticket holder there would have been many more tickets open to abuse rather strange arguement me thinks..!!
If you do a search on the net for 'carling cup final tickets 2013' then several ticket tout sites appear. According to their website you can buy tickets in ANY part of the ground at greatly inflated prices. If you click on buy then they also charge you and extra 60 quid plus a postage fee making them well over 200 quid.
One site is even offering to buy tickets off fans.
[quote][p][bold]nowt fresh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Rambo[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]spleen ventor[/bold] wrote: Have it on good authority from an unusual and unexpected source that Wembley officials insisted on 3 tickets per season ticket holder so that there were a minimum amount left for general sale. It was nothing to do with the club, that was the reason they went on sale nearly a week later than Swansea had theirs out because of further discussions with officials to clarify sale plans.[/p][/quote]Yep, I heard that as well and repeated it a few times on here and some people agreed, others didn't. I felt I had to try and get the message across and stick up for the club in the face of some horrendous abuse the were taking.[/p][/quote]Thing I don't understand about the people who criticise the 3 tickets per season/flexi ticket holders and then state they are being sold online for £160 (which I don't think is the case and so far nobody has provided links to say this is going on) is don't they think if the club had decided to only allow 2 per season/flexi ticket holder there would have been many more tickets open to abuse rather strange arguement me thinks..!![/p][/quote]If you do a search on the net for 'carling cup final tickets 2013' then several ticket tout sites appear. According to their website you can buy tickets in ANY part of the ground at greatly inflated prices. If you click on buy then they also charge you and extra 60 quid plus a postage fee making them well over 200 quid. One site is even offering to buy tickets off fans. Hund01
  • Score: 0

6:22pm Sun 10 Feb 13

nowt fresh says...

Hund01 wrote:
3 tickets per season ticket flex card holder was brilliant thinking. Stops the Bradford end of Wembley being half full of people who have nothing to do with Bradford. There would have been nothing to stop Swansea fans from buying Bradford's tickets. Imagine about 5000 Jacks in the Bradford end? It would have ruined the party. Of course reading many of the comments on here there are a lot of thick, selfish people whose only talent seems to be to moan, moan, moan. Many of the real die hard city fans who don't have a season ticket flex card who want a ticket, seem to have already obtained one. Many of the Club Wembley members seem to be selling their tickets at cost price for those who have a bit of spare cash. Hopefully there will be an opportunity for those who really want a ticket to get one on next week from the club. I think Dave, Mick and those in the ticket office have been brilliant working under such pressure. I think it's fantastic that the fans can actually have such a close relationship with the people who work at the club. You don't get that at many. Anyway Dave, win or lose hope you and your wife have a great holiday when it's all over. At least you'll be in good form come May, when we go to the play off final :)
Are you for real Hund01??
" Many of the real die hard city fans who don't have a season ticket flex card who want a ticket, seem to have already obtained one"
if your a diehard City fan you will have a season/flexi ticket..!! you could have purchased a flexi ticket for £25 so any diehard would have gladly paid this as attending two home games they would only been £5 down and any further attendance they would have been in pocket diehard my a**e as Ricky Tomlinson would say in the Royal Family.
[quote][p][bold]Hund01[/bold] wrote: 3 tickets per season ticket flex card holder was brilliant thinking. Stops the Bradford end of Wembley being half full of people who have nothing to do with Bradford. There would have been nothing to stop Swansea fans from buying Bradford's tickets. Imagine about 5000 Jacks in the Bradford end? It would have ruined the party. Of course reading many of the comments on here there are a lot of thick, selfish people whose only talent seems to be to moan, moan, moan. Many of the real die hard city fans who don't have a season ticket flex card who want a ticket, seem to have already obtained one. Many of the Club Wembley members seem to be selling their tickets at cost price for those who have a bit of spare cash. Hopefully there will be an opportunity for those who really want a ticket to get one on next week from the club. I think Dave, Mick and those in the ticket office have been brilliant working under such pressure. I think it's fantastic that the fans can actually have such a close relationship with the people who work at the club. You don't get that at many. Anyway Dave, win or lose hope you and your wife have a great holiday when it's all over. At least you'll be in good form come May, when we go to the play off final :)[/p][/quote]Are you for real Hund01?? " Many of the real die hard city fans who don't have a season ticket flex card who want a ticket, seem to have already obtained one" if your a diehard City fan you will have a season/flexi ticket..!! you could have purchased a flexi ticket for £25 so any diehard would have gladly paid this as attending two home games they would only been £5 down and any further attendance they would have been in pocket diehard my a**e as Ricky Tomlinson would say in the Royal Family. nowt fresh
  • Score: 0

9:32pm Sun 10 Feb 13

alfucham says...

Any season ticket holder cashing in would be stupid.

Blackmarket tickets can be traced back.

The many in circulation in the clubs in non league and through county FA "s are also traceable.

But it will not stop the tout game.

But think before being tempted to tout.

You may end up in serious trouble
Any season ticket holder cashing in would be stupid. Blackmarket tickets can be traced back. The many in circulation in the clubs in non league and through county FA "s are also traceable. But it will not stop the tout game. But think before being tempted to tout. You may end up in serious trouble alfucham
  • Score: 0

9:37pm Sun 10 Feb 13

alfucham says...

Dave Baldwin is a top bloke.

With him and his long time associate friend Mark Lawn things are looking better.

Thank god you dont still have Richmond,apart from the silly Shaun.

Best I"d be careful or I"ll be in as much trouble as David Ward MP.

Don"t jew me.

Where did that phrase come from?
Dave Baldwin is a top bloke. With him and his long time associate friend Mark Lawn things are looking better. Thank god you dont still have Richmond,apart from the silly Shaun. Best I"d be careful or I"ll be in as much trouble as David Ward MP. Don"t jew me. Where did that phrase come from? alfucham
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree