Bradford City net £1 million Wembley windfall as Gary Jones urges club to keep Phil Parkinson

Phil Parkinson, seen celebrating the win over Aston Villa, has been hailed as 'amazing' by captain Gary Jones

Phil Parkinson, seen celebrating the win over Aston Villa, has been hailed as 'amazing' by captain Gary Jones

First published in Bantams
Last updated
Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford City Reporter

Gary Jones today urged City to bend over backwards to keep the man masterminding their £2.3m Capital One Cup bonanza.

The Bantams are back in training today as they try to come down from the euphoric high of reaching Wembley.

They are expected to bank up to £1m from the February 24 showdown with Swansea – from their 45 per cent share of the gate receipts as well as TV cash - to go with the estimated £1.3m already destined for the club coffers after dumping Arsenal and Aston Villa.

The players, who are being whisked off for a three-day break in Tenerife after the weekend game against Wycombe, will split around £250,000 of the Wembley wonga in agreed bonuses. But the rest will be ploughed into helping the team continue their rise.

And skipper Jones hopes that will include securing the future of boss Phil Parkinson.

The City chief last week rejected interest from Blackpool and is keen to stay – and Jones wants the club to get the present contract talks finalised as soon as they can.

The veteran midfielder said: “You always worry about losing a manager and he has done an absolutely incredible job. He’s been amazing.

“He said nothing to us about Blackpool and kept it quiet. But that’s the character of the man, he just goes about his business.

“The gaffer’s not a ranter and raver. He takes everything in his stride and his team talks are calm, he doesn’t do anything rash.

“You’d think the chairmen will bend over backwards to keep him and I hope they do.

“The gaffer took over last season when we weren’t doing too well and he has moulded his team how he wants us to play.

“You can see that we are all in it together 100 per cent and there’s a good discipline and shape about us. Without that, we wouldn’t have come this far.”

City will get around 32,000 tickets for the final – about the same number they took to Wembley in 1996 - which are likely to go on sale from next Wednesday. Details will be confirmed before then once they have been ratified by the Football League.

The club had to submit a strategy regarding ticket sales before the semi-final which has to be sanctioned. Prices will be fixed by Wembley.

Director of operations David Baldwin was part of a three-man City delegation which went to the national stadium last month for a fact-finding mission. All four semi-finalists met with the ticket office and hospitality management teams.

Baldwin said: “Nobody generally expected we would be coming back again. We thought we were on a ground tour!”

Meanwhile, Mark Lawn’s wife wants to attend the final despite just overcoming a serious operation.

Yvonne Lawn has been having a long period of treatment for bowel cancer and was only discharged from hospital on Monday.

City’s joint-chairman said: “She only came out of hospital on the eve of the game so it would not have been right for her to go to Aston Villa after a major operation - but she says she will be there at Wembley.”

* City’s reserve game at Hartlepool was postponed last night because of a frozen pitch – they have not played for over three months.

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:27am Thu 24 Jan 13

City86 says...

what else does he have to do?sign him up before we lose the best manager we have had since PJ!!!!!
what else does he have to do?sign him up before we lose the best manager we have had since PJ!!!!! City86
  • Score: 0

8:52am Thu 24 Jan 13

Village Bantam says...

I realise they've been really busy with the unprecedented amount of games there's been but surely, there can't be much more to it than - how much do you want Phil? X amount, plus the staff signed up and Doyle, Davies and Reidy given longer contracts. Done, sign here.

PP wants to be here, he wants to take us up through the leagues and he's aware of our financial situation. I can't see him making ridiculous demands.

Get him signed up ASAP.

As for the fictional underestimation of money made from the cup run, I can understand why they're doing it as the vultures will be hovering and the supporters will have higher expectations but Wembley alone will bring in £3m in profit.
The tickets range from £40-£92 and an average of £65 x 90,000 - 45% is £2.6m. Then there's TV money on top and sponsorship etc.
I realise they've been really busy with the unprecedented amount of games there's been but surely, there can't be much more to it than - how much do you want Phil? X amount, plus the staff signed up and Doyle, Davies and Reidy given longer contracts. Done, sign here. PP wants to be here, he wants to take us up through the leagues and he's aware of our financial situation. I can't see him making ridiculous demands. Get him signed up ASAP. As for the fictional underestimation of money made from the cup run, I can understand why they're doing it as the vultures will be hovering and the supporters will have higher expectations but Wembley alone will bring in £3m in profit. The tickets range from £40-£92 and an average of £65 x 90,000 - 45% is £2.6m. Then there's TV money on top and sponsorship etc. Village Bantam
  • Score: 0

9:23am Thu 24 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

Village Bantam wrote:
I realise they've been really busy with the unprecedented amount of games there's been but surely, there can't be much more to it than - how much do you want Phil? X amount, plus the staff signed up and Doyle, Davies and Reidy given longer contracts. Done, sign here. PP wants to be here, he wants to take us up through the leagues and he's aware of our financial situation. I can't see him making ridiculous demands. Get him signed up ASAP. As for the fictional underestimation of money made from the cup run, I can understand why they're doing it as the vultures will be hovering and the supporters will have higher expectations but Wembley alone will bring in £3m in profit. The tickets range from £40-£92 and an average of £65 x 90,000 - 45% is £2.6m. Then there's TV money on top and sponsorship etc.
I agree Village Bantam - To make only £1 million from a show case Wembley final does seem low. We made £300,000 from 1 game at home versus Arsenal. 45% of gate receipts (i presume Swansea get the same and Wembley take 10%), then TV money (£160,00 from Sky for each game against Arsenal and AV) then there is the advertising, then the actual money from sponsors for getting to final. Surely that totals more than £1 million.
We dared to dream!............
[quote][p][bold]Village Bantam[/bold] wrote: I realise they've been really busy with the unprecedented amount of games there's been but surely, there can't be much more to it than - how much do you want Phil? X amount, plus the staff signed up and Doyle, Davies and Reidy given longer contracts. Done, sign here. PP wants to be here, he wants to take us up through the leagues and he's aware of our financial situation. I can't see him making ridiculous demands. Get him signed up ASAP. As for the fictional underestimation of money made from the cup run, I can understand why they're doing it as the vultures will be hovering and the supporters will have higher expectations but Wembley alone will bring in £3m in profit. The tickets range from £40-£92 and an average of £65 x 90,000 - 45% is £2.6m. Then there's TV money on top and sponsorship etc.[/p][/quote]I agree Village Bantam - To make only £1 million from a show case Wembley final does seem low. We made £300,000 from 1 game at home versus Arsenal. 45% of gate receipts (i presume Swansea get the same and Wembley take 10%), then TV money (£160,00 from Sky for each game against Arsenal and AV) then there is the advertising, then the actual money from sponsors for getting to final. Surely that totals more than £1 million. We dared to dream!............ Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

9:35am Thu 24 Jan 13

wembley bound says...

Get him signed its a no brainer, He will be headhunted so tie him up and at least get some compo if he does go.
Get him signed its a no brainer, He will be headhunted so tie him up and at least get some compo if he does go. wembley bound
  • Score: 0

9:54am Thu 24 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

very curious.....

http://www.dailymail
.co.uk/sport/footbal
l/article-2267433/As
ton-Villa-rejected-B
radfords-offer-share
-Wembley-profits.htm
l
very curious..... http://www.dailymail .co.uk/sport/footbal l/article-2267433/As ton-Villa-rejected-B radfords-offer-share -Wembley-profits.htm l Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

9:55am Thu 24 Jan 13

Harrogate Bantam says...

I'm sure P P will stay, he has created a quality team who have played some of the best Football for years at VP. Wemberley next month. Then Promotion still on the cards.

C'mon City!
I'm sure P P will stay, he has created a quality team who have played some of the best Football for years at VP. Wemberley next month. Then Promotion still on the cards. C'mon City! Harrogate Bantam
  • Score: 0

10:55am Thu 24 Jan 13

lawsonio123 says...

Villa turned down 50% City now better off by £500.000. Give the Manager a new contract now.It does not take weeks and weeks ti sort this out get the job done now before it may become to late.
Villa turned down 50% City now better off by £500.000. Give the Manager a new contract now.It does not take weeks and weeks ti sort this out get the job done now before it may become to late. lawsonio123
  • Score: 0

11:02am Thu 24 Jan 13

Whoisevans? says...

I hope the club sort it out soon. He obviously wants to stay and more importantly the players and fans want him to stay. (not sure about Shaun) He needs to know what he's got in terms of bargaining power when talking to future players .They might be reluctant to sign if they think he could be leaving.
I hope the club sort it out soon. He obviously wants to stay and more importantly the players and fans want him to stay. (not sure about Shaun) He needs to know what he's got in terms of bargaining power when talking to future players .They might be reluctant to sign if they think he could be leaving. Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

12:31pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Cityman23 says...

On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING! Cityman23
  • Score: 0

12:41pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

Citygentleman1968 wrote:
very curious.....

http://www.dailymail

.co.uk/sport/footbal

l/article-2267433/As

ton-Villa-rejected-B

radfords-offer-share

-Wembley-profits.htm

l
Indeed, cheers for that, I would have missed it having a general dislike for the Mail.

Makes you wonder what does go on in football in general sometimes doesn't it?

Not that we're bothered about anything at the minute. Well, apart from signing up the management team and certain players who are on one year deals, who, if not this season, will definitely get us up next season (please let it be this)


PS

James Hanson, anyone :)
[quote][p][bold]Citygentleman1968[/bold] wrote: very curious..... http://www.dailymail .co.uk/sport/footbal l/article-2267433/As ton-Villa-rejected-B radfords-offer-share -Wembley-profits.htm l[/p][/quote]Indeed, cheers for that, I would have missed it having a general dislike for the Mail. Makes you wonder what does go on in football in general sometimes doesn't it? Not that we're bothered about anything at the minute. Well, apart from signing up the management team and certain players who are on one year deals, who, if not this season, will definitely get us up next season (please let it be this) PS James Hanson, anyone :) Prisoner Cell Block A
  • Score: 0

2:27pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

Forgive me guys, but am I just being thick or is £1 million from a show case Wembley final correct? 90,000 tickets (and lets say only £20 per ticket) that's £18 million in gate recents alone. Who the hell pockets all that? I've heard Capital One only give £100k to the winners and £50k to runners up, plus TV money, advertising etc. Really, £1 million only? - We dared to dream!
Forgive me guys, but am I just being thick or is £1 million from a show case Wembley final correct? 90,000 tickets (and lets say only £20 per ticket) that's £18 million in gate recents alone. Who the hell pockets all that? I've heard Capital One only give £100k to the winners and £50k to runners up, plus TV money, advertising etc. Really, £1 million only? - We dared to dream! Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

2:55pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Dugoutboy says...

Swansea have got the ticket prices on there web site as follows
With the Swans on their way to Wembley, we can now confirm the ticket details for the Capital One Cup Final against Bradford City.
For the final, on Sunday, February 24, we have received an allocation of 32,401 tickets, with adult prices set at £40, £56, £72, £90 and a limited number at £100. Concessions are priced at £20, £28, £36, £45 and £50.
These tickets will be situated in the east end of the stadium, but exact seating location is to be confirmed.
So looks like we are getting the West end
Can't wait to be playing in Europe next year. Now lets put all that same effort ito the league. All the best for Saturday lads.
Swansea have got the ticket prices on there web site as follows With the Swans on their way to Wembley, we can now confirm the ticket details for the Capital One Cup Final against Bradford City. For the final, on Sunday, February 24, we have received an allocation of 32,401 tickets, with adult prices set at £40, £56, £72, £90 and a limited number at £100. Concessions are priced at £20, £28, £36, £45 and £50. These tickets will be situated in the east end of the stadium, but exact seating location is to be confirmed. So looks like we are getting the West end Can't wait to be playing in Europe next year. Now lets put all that same effort ito the league. All the best for Saturday lads. Dugoutboy
  • Score: 0

3:00pm Thu 24 Jan 13

ucc cavalier says...

Citygentleman 1968, a maths tutor you are not. 90,000 tickets at an average of £20 is £1.8 million not £18 million.

City will get 45% of the gate receipts.
Citygentleman 1968, a maths tutor you are not. 90,000 tickets at an average of £20 is £1.8 million not £18 million. City will get 45% of the gate receipts. ucc cavalier
  • Score: 0

3:20pm Thu 24 Jan 13

claret or green ? says...

interesting to see the current score of the survey of a choice between winning the League Cup or promotion this season (clearly both would be ideal)
I see it as the League Cup, as it would be forever inscribed on City's honour's list & also include at least one trip into Europe & several if they reach the Europa League group stages, along with the financial & publicity benefits. Promotion would simply have to wait until next season, when, due to astute signings, the league title could be achievable.
interesting to see the current score of the survey of a choice between winning the League Cup or promotion this season (clearly both would be ideal) I see it as the League Cup, as it would be forever inscribed on City's honour's list & also include at least one trip into Europe & several if they reach the Europa League group stages, along with the financial & publicity benefits. Promotion would simply have to wait until next season, when, due to astute signings, the league title could be achievable. claret or green ?
  • Score: 0

3:20pm Thu 24 Jan 13

macca1969 says...

Swansea get 32000 and city the same that is 64000 paying tickets. The capacity maybe 90000 but a lot if the rest will be non paying sponsers etc. Not sure what club Wembley have to pay but don't be surprised if 20000 don't pay nothing.

Still can't believe it is happening,things like this don't happen to Bradford do they. I keep breaking out into little giggles and big grins. Whatever happens now no one can take this day away from us. :)
Swansea get 32000 and city the same that is 64000 paying tickets. The capacity maybe 90000 but a lot if the rest will be non paying sponsers etc. Not sure what club Wembley have to pay but don't be surprised if 20000 don't pay nothing. Still can't believe it is happening,things like this don't happen to Bradford do they. I keep breaking out into little giggles and big grins. Whatever happens now no one can take this day away from us. :) macca1969
  • Score: 0

3:46pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

ucc cavalier wrote:
Citygentleman 1968, a maths tutor you are not. 90,000 tickets at an average of £20 is £1.8 million not £18 million. City will get 45% of the gate receipts.
Oops....

But still, tickets will be much more than £20 a go....It just seems like a crap amount given it's a final.
[quote][p][bold]ucc cavalier[/bold] wrote: Citygentleman 1968, a maths tutor you are not. 90,000 tickets at an average of £20 is £1.8 million not £18 million. City will get 45% of the gate receipts.[/p][/quote]Oops.... But still, tickets will be much more than £20 a go....It just seems like a crap amount given it's a final. Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

4:03pm Thu 24 Jan 13

gspot01 says...

Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
100 % SPOT ON!!!
[quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]100 % SPOT ON!!! gspot01
  • Score: 0

4:12pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

Well done and congratulations Stu....

http://www.bbc.co.uk
/sport/0/football/21
182632
Well done and congratulations Stu.... http://www.bbc.co.uk /sport/0/football/21 182632 Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

4:14pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

Not good, but if PP turned down Blackpool, then surely the same for Huddersfield...

http://www.bbc.co.uk
/sport/0/football/21
184105
Not good, but if PP turned down Blackpool, then surely the same for Huddersfield... http://www.bbc.co.uk /sport/0/football/21 184105 Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

4:16pm Thu 24 Jan 13

KnightMcCall says...

gspot01 wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
100 % SPOT ON!!!
It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).
[quote][p][bold]gspot01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]100 % SPOT ON!!![/p][/quote]It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway). KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

4:17pm Thu 24 Jan 13

KnightMcCall says...

Citygentleman1968 wrote:
Not good, but if PP turned down Blackpool, then surely the same for Huddersfield...

http://www.bbc.co.uk

/sport/0/football/21

184105
Do you really think that PP would leave with a Wembley final pending? Rumours are that HT want Nigel Adkins.
[quote][p][bold]Citygentleman1968[/bold] wrote: Not good, but if PP turned down Blackpool, then surely the same for Huddersfield... http://www.bbc.co.uk /sport/0/football/21 184105[/p][/quote]Do you really think that PP would leave with a Wembley final pending? Rumours are that HT want Nigel Adkins. KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

4:47pm Thu 24 Jan 13

audal says...

NO ! NO! NO! After all the highs,raptures,homec
oming expectations, hero worship and adulations( i am still higher than my sixties expos) i now find that the club cannot have had the insight to make sure that the wycombe game goes ahead in front of a minimum 15,000 because of a pitch left uncovered. Even at my age after booking a London hotel and a show "the jersey boys" i was so much wanting to be down at V.P. to be part of history. If the club needs to spend £50,000 then they should pull out all the stops.
NO ! NO! NO! After all the highs,raptures,homec oming expectations, hero worship and adulations( i am still higher than my sixties expos) i now find that the club cannot have had the insight to make sure that the wycombe game goes ahead in front of a minimum 15,000 because of a pitch left uncovered. Even at my age after booking a London hotel and a show "the jersey boys" i was so much wanting to be down at V.P. to be part of history. If the club needs to spend £50,000 then they should pull out all the stops. audal
  • Score: 0

4:52pm Thu 24 Jan 13

tinytoonster says...

KnightMcCall wrote:
gspot01 wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
100 % SPOT ON!!!
It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).
would not cost much to right this wrong.
like he says, its a MORAL wrong rather than a legal one.
i would be happy with it.
[quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gspot01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]100 % SPOT ON!!![/p][/quote]It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).[/p][/quote]would not cost much to right this wrong. like he says, its a MORAL wrong rather than a legal one. i would be happy with it. tinytoonster
  • Score: 0

5:08pm Thu 24 Jan 13

bettyswollocks says...

I think somebody's sums are out.

80000 * say an average of £50 = £4m

45% of this = £1.8m

plus TV, etc will be well over £2m
I think somebody's sums are out. 80000 * say an average of £50 = £4m 45% of this = £1.8m plus TV, etc will be well over £2m bettyswollocks
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Thu 24 Jan 13

macca1969 says...

bettyswollocks wrote:
I think somebody's sums are out.

80000 * say an average of £50 = £4m

45% of this = £1.8m

plus TV, etc will be well over £2m
But it isn't 80000 is it its 64000 rest will be corporate advertising etc. Not all will be paying is my point
[quote][p][bold]bettyswollocks[/bold] wrote: I think somebody's sums are out. 80000 * say an average of £50 = £4m 45% of this = £1.8m plus TV, etc will be well over £2m[/p][/quote]But it isn't 80000 is it its 64000 rest will be corporate advertising etc. Not all will be paying is my point macca1969
  • Score: 0

5:37pm Thu 24 Jan 13

macca1969 says...

audal wrote:
NO ! NO! NO! After all the highs,raptures,homec

oming expectations, hero worship and adulations( i am still higher than my sixties expos) i now find that the club cannot have had the insight to make sure that the wycombe game goes ahead in front of a minimum 15,000 because of a pitch left uncovered. Even at my age after booking a London hotel and a show "the jersey boys" i was so much wanting to be down at V.P. to be part of history. If the club needs to spend £50,000 then they should pull out all the stops.
Personally in long run we will stand a better chance of three points not playing it as players will be mentally shattered. Would of been nice to give the team a great reception but would have been a bad time to play them. I'm sure they will gutted not to have the chance to play us and take advantage as Oxford did. Just deserts really though as a bit of rain and they called off our match with them when we were flying putting on free tickets for out fans, cheap travel and half their team were injured or suspended.
[quote][p][bold]audal[/bold] wrote: NO ! NO! NO! After all the highs,raptures,homec oming expectations, hero worship and adulations( i am still higher than my sixties expos) i now find that the club cannot have had the insight to make sure that the wycombe game goes ahead in front of a minimum 15,000 because of a pitch left uncovered. Even at my age after booking a London hotel and a show "the jersey boys" i was so much wanting to be down at V.P. to be part of history. If the club needs to spend £50,000 then they should pull out all the stops.[/p][/quote]Personally in long run we will stand a better chance of three points not playing it as players will be mentally shattered. Would of been nice to give the team a great reception but would have been a bad time to play them. I'm sure they will gutted not to have the chance to play us and take advantage as Oxford did. Just deserts really though as a bit of rain and they called off our match with them when we were flying putting on free tickets for out fans, cheap travel and half their team were injured or suspended. macca1969
  • Score: 0

6:02pm Thu 24 Jan 13

Cityman23 says...

KnightMcCall wrote:
gspot01 wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
100 % SPOT ON!!!
It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).
I am unsure as to whether the money for the 'Las Vegas' trip is coming out of ML's own pocket or 'club money.' To be honest, since ML has put some of his own money into the club there may be a 'blurring'of the lines there.

You make a fair point about the 'sins of the previous management' ie Geoffrey Richmond (and that it may not be technically fair 'to visit' GR's wrongdoings on the present City management.

Yet, the 'moralty' of the situation has always bothered me. I have spoken to many 25 year season ticket buyers over the years and been struck with what a reasonable 'bunch' they are!

Most I feel have been stoical in accepting their 'lot' ie that they made a mistake in getting the 25 year package in the first place (and that the 'deal' was worthless) whilst still accepting that they have to pay 'something' each year for their season ticket.

Yet, in BCAFC's 'name' these people were encouaged to think it was a 'blue chip' deal which could be passed on to family members and NOT a risky share transaction-which is WHAT IT WAS!


None of these '25 years people' have ( in my experience) shown animosity to BCAFC and I have always felt (if financial times improved) THAT attitude deserved some positive 'reward' from the club.

We now seem in a better position financially ...and ..hopefully..THAT TIME HAS COME!
[quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gspot01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]100 % SPOT ON!!![/p][/quote]It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).[/p][/quote]I am unsure as to whether the money for the 'Las Vegas' trip is coming out of ML's own pocket or 'club money.' To be honest, since ML has put some of his own money into the club there may be a 'blurring'of the lines there. You make a fair point about the 'sins of the previous management' ie Geoffrey Richmond (and that it may not be technically fair 'to visit' GR's wrongdoings on the present City management. Yet, the 'moralty' of the situation has always bothered me. I have spoken to many 25 year season ticket buyers over the years and been struck with what a reasonable 'bunch' they are! Most I feel have been stoical in accepting their 'lot' ie that they made a mistake in getting the 25 year package in the first place (and that the 'deal' was worthless) whilst still accepting that they have to pay 'something' each year for their season ticket. Yet, in BCAFC's 'name' these people were encouaged to think it was a 'blue chip' deal which could be passed on to family members and NOT a risky share transaction-which is WHAT IT WAS! None of these '25 years people' have ( in my experience) shown animosity to BCAFC and I have always felt (if financial times improved) THAT attitude deserved some positive 'reward' from the club. We now seem in a better position financially ...and ..hopefully..THAT TIME HAS COME! Cityman23
  • Score: 0

6:03pm Thu 24 Jan 13

wembley bound says...

Could maybe strengthen team for the promotion push with this money.
Could maybe strengthen team for the promotion push with this money. wembley bound
  • Score: 0

6:23pm Thu 24 Jan 13

KnightMcCall says...

Cityman23 wrote:
KnightMcCall wrote:
gspot01 wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
100 % SPOT ON!!!
It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).
I am unsure as to whether the money for the 'Las Vegas' trip is coming out of ML's own pocket or 'club money.' To be honest, since ML has put some of his own money into the club there may be a 'blurring'of the lines there.

You make a fair point about the 'sins of the previous management' ie Geoffrey Richmond (and that it may not be technically fair 'to visit' GR's wrongdoings on the present City management.

Yet, the 'moralty' of the situation has always bothered me. I have spoken to many 25 year season ticket buyers over the years and been struck with what a reasonable 'bunch' they are!

Most I feel have been stoical in accepting their 'lot' ie that they made a mistake in getting the 25 year package in the first place (and that the 'deal' was worthless) whilst still accepting that they have to pay 'something' each year for their season ticket.

Yet, in BCAFC's 'name' these people were encouaged to think it was a 'blue chip' deal which could be passed on to family members and NOT a risky share transaction-which is WHAT IT WAS!


None of these '25 years people' have ( in my experience) shown animosity to BCAFC and I have always felt (if financial times improved) THAT attitude deserved some positive 'reward' from the club.

We now seem in a better position financially ...and ..hopefully..THAT TIME HAS COME!
I take your point Cityman; it would be an excellent gesture from the club to a very loyal bunch of fans.
[quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gspot01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]100 % SPOT ON!!![/p][/quote]It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).[/p][/quote]I am unsure as to whether the money for the 'Las Vegas' trip is coming out of ML's own pocket or 'club money.' To be honest, since ML has put some of his own money into the club there may be a 'blurring'of the lines there. You make a fair point about the 'sins of the previous management' ie Geoffrey Richmond (and that it may not be technically fair 'to visit' GR's wrongdoings on the present City management. Yet, the 'moralty' of the situation has always bothered me. I have spoken to many 25 year season ticket buyers over the years and been struck with what a reasonable 'bunch' they are! Most I feel have been stoical in accepting their 'lot' ie that they made a mistake in getting the 25 year package in the first place (and that the 'deal' was worthless) whilst still accepting that they have to pay 'something' each year for their season ticket. Yet, in BCAFC's 'name' these people were encouaged to think it was a 'blue chip' deal which could be passed on to family members and NOT a risky share transaction-which is WHAT IT WAS! None of these '25 years people' have ( in my experience) shown animosity to BCAFC and I have always felt (if financial times improved) THAT attitude deserved some positive 'reward' from the club. We now seem in a better position financially ...and ..hopefully..THAT TIME HAS COME![/p][/quote]I take your point Cityman; it would be an excellent gesture from the club to a very loyal bunch of fans. KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

7:20pm Thu 24 Jan 13

shaun from richmond says...

Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
I was one of the 25 year season ticket holders. I dont want any money back!!.
I was daft enough to give it (more money than sense). Promises given then not kept......Its the world over!.
I would prefer using the money to buy back the ground......I hear Mr Gibb would be open to a NEW APPROACH!!....Just dont send Rhodes!!.
As for Parky and a new contract??.....SIGN HIM UP!!....Nobody has given Parky more stick than me.....WELL...just like the 25 Year season tickets....WHAT DO I KNOW!!.
[quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]I was one of the 25 year season ticket holders. I dont want any money back!!. I was daft enough to give it (more money than sense). Promises given then not kept......Its the world over!. I would prefer using the money to buy back the ground......I hear Mr Gibb would be open to a NEW APPROACH!!....Just dont send Rhodes!!. As for Parky and a new contract??.....SIGN HIM UP!!....Nobody has given Parky more stick than me.....WELL...just like the 25 Year season tickets....WHAT DO I KNOW!!. shaun from richmond
  • Score: 0

9:16pm Thu 24 Jan 13

wembley bound says...

PP did not set the world alight when he came just a good job he was given time to turn it around, Too many clubs get shut too early with little or no improvement.
PP did not set the world alight when he came just a good job he was given time to turn it around, Too many clubs get shut too early with little or no improvement. wembley bound
  • Score: 0

7:18am Fri 25 Jan 13

Harrogate Bantam says...

P P can't go, if he did who would he take with him?

Then we would back where we started. Proping up the League is not an option.

Mark Lawn has said somewhere that there is enough brass to cover the next 2 years.

He can't let all that has built up this Club just fall to bits.
P P can't go, if he did who would he take with him? Then we would back where we started. Proping up the League is not an option. Mark Lawn has said somewhere that there is enough brass to cover the next 2 years. He can't let all that has built up this Club just fall to bits. Harrogate Bantam
  • Score: 0

8:35pm Fri 25 Jan 13

Whoisevans? says...

The 25 year season ticket holders have been made offers every season since the admin period to upgrade at good rates. Come on you can't have it both ways move on get over it stop trying to grind the same old axe. We are please we have dedicated fans willing to help the club but you are p*ssing in the wind now.
The 25 year season ticket holders have been made offers every season since the admin period to upgrade at good rates. Come on you can't have it both ways move on get over it stop trying to grind the same old axe. We are please we have dedicated fans willing to help the club but you are p*ssing in the wind now. Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

12:42pm Sun 27 Jan 13

Victor Clayton says...

KnightMcCall wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
KnightMcCall wrote:
gspot01 wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic:

I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season.

The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history.

A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done!

However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season.

From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year.

Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'.

When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason).

TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
100 % SPOT ON!!!
It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).
I am unsure as to whether the money for the 'Las Vegas' trip is coming out of ML's own pocket or 'club money.' To be honest, since ML has put some of his own money into the club there may be a 'blurring'of the lines there.

You make a fair point about the 'sins of the previous management' ie Geoffrey Richmond (and that it may not be technically fair 'to visit' GR's wrongdoings on the present City management.

Yet, the 'moralty' of the situation has always bothered me. I have spoken to many 25 year season ticket buyers over the years and been struck with what a reasonable 'bunch' they are!

Most I feel have been stoical in accepting their 'lot' ie that they made a mistake in getting the 25 year package in the first place (and that the 'deal' was worthless) whilst still accepting that they have to pay 'something' each year for their season ticket.

Yet, in BCAFC's 'name' these people were encouaged to think it was a 'blue chip' deal which could be passed on to family members and NOT a risky share transaction-which is WHAT IT WAS!


None of these '25 years people' have ( in my experience) shown animosity to BCAFC and I have always felt (if financial times improved) THAT attitude deserved some positive 'reward' from the club.

We now seem in a better position financially ...and ..hopefully..THAT TIME HAS COME!
I take your point Cityman; it would be an excellent gesture from the club to a very loyal bunch of fans.
I agree, time to right the wrong.
[quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gspot01[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]100 % SPOT ON!!![/p][/quote]It's a fair point Cityman but you are asking current players and Mark Lawn to put right the wrongs of someone else? Besides, the suggestion is that Mark Lawn is taking the players to Vegas rather than the club (that's how I read it anyway).[/p][/quote]I am unsure as to whether the money for the 'Las Vegas' trip is coming out of ML's own pocket or 'club money.' To be honest, since ML has put some of his own money into the club there may be a 'blurring'of the lines there. You make a fair point about the 'sins of the previous management' ie Geoffrey Richmond (and that it may not be technically fair 'to visit' GR's wrongdoings on the present City management. Yet, the 'moralty' of the situation has always bothered me. I have spoken to many 25 year season ticket buyers over the years and been struck with what a reasonable 'bunch' they are! Most I feel have been stoical in accepting their 'lot' ie that they made a mistake in getting the 25 year package in the first place (and that the 'deal' was worthless) whilst still accepting that they have to pay 'something' each year for their season ticket. Yet, in BCAFC's 'name' these people were encouaged to think it was a 'blue chip' deal which could be passed on to family members and NOT a risky share transaction-which is WHAT IT WAS! None of these '25 years people' have ( in my experience) shown animosity to BCAFC and I have always felt (if financial times improved) THAT attitude deserved some positive 'reward' from the club. We now seem in a better position financially ...and ..hopefully..THAT TIME HAS COME![/p][/quote]I take your point Cityman; it would be an excellent gesture from the club to a very loyal bunch of fans.[/p][/quote]I agree, time to right the wrong. Victor Clayton
  • Score: 0

6:52pm Sun 27 Jan 13

Whoisevans? says...

shaun from richmond wrote:
Cityman23 wrote:
On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING!
I was one of the 25 year season ticket holders. I dont want any money back!!.
I was daft enough to give it (more money than sense). Promises given then not kept......Its the world over!.
I would prefer using the money to buy back the ground......I hear Mr Gibb would be open to a NEW APPROACH!!....Just dont send Rhodes!!.
As for Parky and a new contract??.....SIGN HIM UP!!....Nobody has given Parky more stick than me.....WELL...just like the 25 Year season tickets....WHAT DO I KNOW!!.
Totally agree Shaun glad to see you in the Parkinson fan club!!!
[quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cityman23[/bold] wrote: On a diffrent but related topic: I was rather disappointed to see that Mark Lawn is planning to fund the players a trip to Las Vegas at season's end for their efforts this season. The players deserve every/all praise for the magnificent season they have given us. I would even say, that even if promotion is not achieved this season, City don't do much from now on till May 2013, I personally am satisfied with what has been one of the best in City's history. A lot of money IS coming into the club and WILL come in to the club in the future and the players DESERVE ample reward for what they've done! However despite NOT being a 25 year season ticket holde myselfr, I would like to say that if there's ANY spare money after the League Cup windfall has been banked I do think BCAFC owes a moral (perhaps not legal) debt to those people who paid some £thousands up front all those years ago only to find they had been misled and not only did they lose their money but also had to pay a sizeable annual amount to obtain a season ticket in every subsequent season. From all the 'evidence' those same supporters did NOT turn aganst City but continued to 'pay up' each year. Come on City, there's a 'wrong' here which has never been properly 'righted'. When ALL the club's debts have been dealt with, 'PP' has been secured and the players too (within reason). TIME TO DO THE RIGHT THING![/p][/quote]I was one of the 25 year season ticket holders. I dont want any money back!!. I was daft enough to give it (more money than sense). Promises given then not kept......Its the world over!. I would prefer using the money to buy back the ground......I hear Mr Gibb would be open to a NEW APPROACH!!....Just dont send Rhodes!!. As for Parky and a new contract??.....SIGN HIM UP!!....Nobody has given Parky more stick than me.....WELL...just like the 25 Year season tickets....WHAT DO I KNOW!!.[/p][/quote]Totally agree Shaun glad to see you in the Parkinson fan club!!! Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree