The divisional cup finals finally wrapped up an extraordinary West Riding County Amateur League season.

All the deciders were played in atrociously wet conditions, with Ovenden West Riding completing a Premier Division double by adding the cup to their league title by defeating Campion 2-0.

Second-half goals from Jordan Coduri and Matt Jones won it for an Ovenden side who had also been crowned Halifax FA Challenge Cup champions.

Hunsworth were then denied the chance to add the Division One Cup to their league winners’ prize as Wakefield City ran out comfortable 4-2 champions. Ryan Barker (2), Rob Bloomfield and an own goal outweighed replies from Lee Brook and Joel Farrar.

Golcar United Reserves had earlier picked up the Division Two Cup with a 3-1 win over Littletown Reserves.

The league season had seen the majority of teams reach the halfway point of their fixtures by the end of December, only for almost constant rain in the first two months of 2014 to then leave most teams having to play catch-up with two – and sometimes three – games a week come May.

Ovenden had shown little sign of championship form at the start of the season, with a 0-0 draw in their opener at home to promoted Huddersfield YMCA – before launching a 25-game run that saw them lose only twice.

Defending champions Bay Athletic eventually finished second as they left themselves too much ground to make up after not kicking a ball for almost eight weeks.

Campion, who kicked off their campaign with a 5-0 home defeat to local rivals Tyersal, recovered well to end up third, while Steeton – runners up last season – were fifth this time.

Salts and Tyersal were mostly in the lower half of the table before gaining sufficient points to avoid relegation.

Hunsworth were denied promotion last season due to their ground not being up to scratch but made sure they will be playing top-flight football next year by winning Division One and also upgrading their facilities.

Ventus-Yeadon Celtic, who were just behind Hunsworth for much of the season, faded to end up fourth as Lower Hopton finished runners-up.

Salts Reserves, who were moved up into Division One after AFC Emley resigned, were relegated back to Division Two along with Bay Athletic Reserves, who won that title the previous season.

Dudley Hill Rangers lifted the Division Two trophy this time ahead of Wakefield side Thornes, who edged out Huddersfield-based DRAM Community in the penultimate game of their season.

Bradford FC, who had joined from the Spen Valley League, struggled to come to terms with the higher standard of football and finished bottom.

Knockout action saw Steeton reach the final of the West Riding County FA Challenge Cup for the first time but they could not live up to their own expectations and lost 5-2 to Field FC.

West Yorkshire Association side Field also won the Bradford FA Challenge Cup as they beat Hunsworth 1-0 with an early goal from Andrew Benjamin.

County Amateur League clubs won all their local District FA Cup titles, including Ovenden’s 4-0 victory in the Halifax decider.

Golcar United beat neighbours Storthes Hall 3-0 in the Huddersfield FA Challenge Cup final at the John Smith’s Stadium.

Lower Hopton enjoyed a 4-3 penalty shoot-out win in the Heavy Woollen Challenge Cup final against Wyke Wanderers, while Steeton Reserves picked up the Keighley FA Supplementary Trophy also 4-3 in a penalty shoot-out against Oxenhope Reserves.

The County Amateur representative side reached the quarter-finals of the FA Inter-League Cup before losing 3-1 to eventual winners Isle of Man.