Salts, who made sure of their West Riding County Amateur League Premier Division place next season with a home win over relegation-threatened Lepton Highlanders the previous week, entertained last season's champions Bay Athletic in their latest game.

The Huddersfield club, who due to constant postponements on their new ground, were starting the second half of their season which will see them playing at least two games a week until the end of May.

Salts may have had their minds on their Bradford & District FA Challenge Cup semi-final against Field at Thackley on Thursday as they lacked the finishing of their visitors, who had Kieran Ryan, Kitson Gayle and Nathan James on target in a 3-1 victory, with Chris McTigue netting a consolation.

Campion travelled to Natty Lane, Halifax, to meet present leaders Ovenden West Riding, and took the early advantage through Omar Habeeb before Jordan Coduri equalised and Andrew Bailey edged the home side ahead before the break.

Although Campion strived hard for the equaliser they deserved, it was Coduri, with his second, that secured a 3-1 win.

Tyersal secured another point in their quest to avoid relegation with a 3-3 draw at Huddersfield YMCA.

Luke Cook, Jordan Haggard and Martin Glen were on target for Tyersal, Stephen McCann, John Higgins and Adam Webb replying.

With Storthes Hall’s ground in Bradley still waterlogged, their home game against Steeton was switched to the new 4G ground on Leeds Road, where the sides played out a 1-1 draw, with Tom McReadie scoring for the home team and Adam Spencer netting for the visitors.

Littletown played for most of the game at home to basement team Hall Green United only ten players after having their goalkeeper sent off.

Hall Green took advantage with John Moore (penalty) and Craig Lund scoring before James Sykes and Jordan Maltas were on target for Littletown to settle the game at 2-2, and deny the Wakefield club the win that would have moved them closer to safety.

Hunsworth, runners-up to Huddersfield YMCA last season but denied promotion from Division One after their ground and changing facilities were not up to the minimum Step Seven criteria, are genuinely heading for promotion this time after improvements have brought their facilities into line.

They could finish as champions after goals from Andrew Wood gave them a 2-0 success at Campion Reserves.

The runners-up spot looks likely to go to Mirfield-based Lower Hopton, who thrashed promotion rivals Ventus Yeadon Celtic, 6-1, with Adam Turner scoring Ventus' effort following strikes from Anthony Docherty, Declan James, Luke Peacock, Liam Reilly, Courtney Allette and Darius McCloud.

A second-half goal from Arsalan Mahmood was sufficient to give West Horton a 1-0 home victory over Salts Reserves.

Thornes, who joined the league this season from the Wakefield League, ended their campaign by securing second place in Division Two when, with two goals each from Ben Long and Ryan Donoghue, they beat Bradford 4-1, the latter having James Precious on target in the first half.