The Yorkshire Amateur League representative team regained the Gerry Hildersley Trophy from their Amateur Football Combination London opponents by winning the traditional annual fixture 4-1.

The Yorkshire Amateur side built up a 3-0 lead before the interval with goals from Matt Jackson, Matty Moon and Dino Mulavdic.

The Londoners reduced the deficit midway through the second half but within a minute it was back to three as substitute Adi McCormack cleverly finished off a smart move.

League action saw Grangefield Old Boys step up their bid to secure the Senior A section runners-up berth with a 3-1 home win over third-bottom North East Leeds, with goals coming from Ritchie Banks, Grant Jackson and Matty Tomlinson.

This result had followed an evening of celebration as Grangefield won their first-ever senior silverware with a 2-0 win against holders Ealandians in the Marflitt Trophy final. Goals from Banks and a superb free-kick by man of the match Josh Spencer settled the outcome.

Farsley Celtic Juniors remain in pole position to clinch the Senior B division championship after a 4-3 victory away to third-placed Wigton Moor.

Ben Cook and Andy Cooper scored for Farsley to make it 2-2 at the interval and further goals by 16-year-old James Firth and Adam Jesusco settled matters, leaving their side needing four points from the last two matches to guarantee the title.

Calverley United were edged out by a similar 4-3 result at Shire Academics in a mid-table battle. Goals by James Hastings, Gary Trewitt and Steven Wells pulled Calverley back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 but two lapses of concentration then cost them the game.

Bottom side St Bede’s led 2-1 at half-time away to Farnley Sports with goals from Danny Williamson and Tahir Akram but faded to lose 3-2 as they were condemned to relegation.

Grangefield OB Reserves’ slim chance of winning promotion from Division Two were ended by a 3-1 defeat at mid-table Old Modernians Reserves.

Tyler Gill’s penalty provided the consolation for Grangefield, who now turn their attentions to the Hancock Cup final against Gildersome Spurs Reserves at Liversedge FC tomorrow (7.30pm).