Farsley’s promotion hopes were left as shattered as a cracked chocolate egg following a frustrating Easter Monday afternoon at Throstle Nest.

Neil Parsley’s men were running out of chances following a nightmare run of fixtures against their Evo-Stik Division One North promotion rivals and needed a victory against neighbours Harrogate Railway Athletic.

The derby factor proved crucial as the visitors, who were lowly mid-table with nothing to play for, stifled Farsley.

The home side created chances but not many more than Railway. Farsley simply were not good enough on the day to take their promotion fight down the last day of the campaign.

Brighouse Town’s final home game also fell flat as they lost 1-0 but at least Town had a trophy to parade after being presented with the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division accolade after the game.

Brighouse won the title on Saturday, and should be confirmed as being Farsley’s rivals next term over the coming weeks.

That left meaningless back-to-back games against Bridlington Town, the first being at the Dual Seal Stadium today.

Brid were rivals of Paul Quinn’s men last season but finished third. Brighouse were runners-up but have gone one better this term while Brid have struggled.

They exacted some kind of revenge by raining on Brighouse’s parade but Jarred Smalley’s winner was three minutes into stoppage time.

Silsden did savour the taste of victory in the North West Counties League Premier Division and it was as sweet as the finest chocolate egg as it came against arch-rivals Barnoldswick Town.

The Cobbydalers ran out 3-1 victors at home but they played the last 30 minutes with ten men.

Danny Gleave had picked up a yellow card for over-protesting about the last-minute first-half penalty that brought the visitors level, and got a second booking for a silly foul.

Ben Crabtree claimed the assist as Silsden took a 15th-minute lead. It was his header that Nicky McNally latched onto to net a neat chip. Matthew Moses committed the foul for the penalty that Sam Howell drilled in right on the stroke of half-time.

Into the second half, a Zack Dale shot hit McNally on the back to put the Cobbydalers in front again before Gleave was red-carded but Dale netted the Cobbydalers’ third five minutes later.