Taylor makes first signing

Robbie Threlfall playing for Hereford against Leeds

Robbie Threlfall playing for Hereford against Leeds

First published in Sport Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford City Reporter

City today signed Liverpool left back Robbie Threlfall on a month’s loan.

He will go straight into Peter Taylor’s squad for tomorrow’s visit to leaders Rochdale.

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:06pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Waynus71 says...

Don't get me wrong, Robbie is highly rated at Anfield and he has been out on loan a few times in the last couple of seasons.

However, surely Peter Taylor has already worked out that his priority must be a centre-back? Clarke & Rehman were poor again on Saturday with the latter being cuplable for their opening goal. I appreciate O'B hasn't been playing well of late, but he hasn't been as bad as our centres.

Peter Taylor, you must sign a centre-back before Tuesday or we could see another 5-0 scoreline!
Don't get me wrong, Robbie is highly rated at Anfield and he has been out on loan a few times in the last couple of seasons. However, surely Peter Taylor has already worked out that his priority must be a centre-back? Clarke & Rehman were poor again on Saturday with the latter being cuplable for their opening goal. I appreciate O'B hasn't been playing well of late, but he hasn't been as bad as our centres. Peter Taylor, you must sign a centre-back before Tuesday or we could see another 5-0 scoreline! Waynus71
  • Score: 0

2:16pm Mon 22 Feb 10

yorkiewyke says...

Why don`t people just let PT get on with it for a a week or two before they start criticising or telling him what he needs
Why don`t people just let PT get on with it for a a week or two before they start criticising or telling him what he needs yorkiewyke
  • Score: 0

2:38pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Staffords Hairpiece says...

For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can.
Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans. Staffords Hairpiece
  • Score: 0

2:39pm Mon 22 Feb 10

pudseybantham says...

Have to agree with wyke on this, why be negative about this signing, PT isn't a mug he knows what we need, what do you expect John Terry and Jamie Carragher !
To me this shows that PT has contacts at the top clubs, this isn't a third choice keeper from hudds is it ? I was always dissapointed that Stuart didn't use his Rangers contacts more, Furman was class we could have had more.
This could be the rocket ob has needed, he has been poor of late and needs to get back to last years form but saying that we don't know what PTs plan is with this until he picks a side, ob could play defensive left mid, let's get behind PT rather than start the negative mood which blighted the club under Stuart.
I still don't think on current form and after seeing that dire display against accy we will get anything other than a good spanking on tues, but I still want us to win. COME ON CITY
Have to agree with wyke on this, why be negative about this signing, PT isn't a mug he knows what we need, what do you expect John Terry and Jamie Carragher ! To me this shows that PT has contacts at the top clubs, this isn't a third choice keeper from hudds is it ? I was always dissapointed that Stuart didn't use his Rangers contacts more, Furman was class we could have had more. This could be the rocket ob has needed, he has been poor of late and needs to get back to last years form but saying that we don't know what PTs plan is with this until he picks a side, ob could play defensive left mid, let's get behind PT rather than start the negative mood which blighted the club under Stuart. I still don't think on current form and after seeing that dire display against accy we will get anything other than a good spanking on tues, but I still want us to win. COME ON CITY pudseybantham
  • Score: 0

2:40pm Mon 22 Feb 10

DisplacedNortherner says...

I do know that full backs can have a major impact on you as centre back. Get dragged out of postion, caught in two minds etc etc.

Maybe Taylor is thinking that the performance of the centre backs has been heavily influenced by the full back.

From the limited amount of games I have seen this year and the goals conceded, a lot seem to come down that side. He doesnt get much help of his winger but neither does the right back
I do know that full backs can have a major impact on you as centre back. Get dragged out of postion, caught in two minds etc etc. Maybe Taylor is thinking that the performance of the centre backs has been heavily influenced by the full back. From the limited amount of games I have seen this year and the goals conceded, a lot seem to come down that side. He doesnt get much help of his winger but neither does the right back DisplacedNortherner
  • Score: 0

2:41pm Mon 22 Feb 10

justinbrett1975 says...

Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden.
I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax.

But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.
Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up. justinbrett1975
  • Score: 0

2:57pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Waynus71 says...

Staffords Hairpiece wrote:
For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'.

As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans?

My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence.

Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back?

If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.
[quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can. Waynus71
  • Score: 0

3:05pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Waynus71 says...

pudseybantham wrote:
Have to agree with wyke on this, why be negative about this signing, PT isn't a mug he knows what we need, what do you expect John Terry and Jamie Carragher ! To me this shows that PT has contacts at the top clubs, this isn't a third choice keeper from hudds is it ? I was always dissapointed that Stuart didn't use his Rangers contacts more, Furman was class we could have had more. This could be the rocket ob has needed, he has been poor of late and needs to get back to last years form but saying that we don't know what PTs plan is with this until he picks a side, ob could play defensive left mid, let's get behind PT rather than start the negative mood which blighted the club under Stuart. I still don't think on current form and after seeing that dire display against accy we will get anything other than a good spanking on tues, but I still want us to win. COME ON CITY
I'm not criticising and no I didn't expect Terry or Carragher. However, I did expect to see a centre-back arriving, not a left-back.

It's like me going to a car show-room and saying I like the look of the new GOLF. The manager says they are on order and not available for a few weeks, so I settle for a POLO instead. Almost EVERY City fan has been pointing out that Rehman/Clarke are not good enough and instead it is a left-back we sign.

It isn't criticism of Taylor and I'm sure Threlfall will be a good signing. I'm just disappointed it wasn't a Martin Kelly or a Daniel Ayala instead.
[quote][p][bold]pudseybantham[/bold] wrote: Have to agree with wyke on this, why be negative about this signing, PT isn't a mug he knows what we need, what do you expect John Terry and Jamie Carragher ! To me this shows that PT has contacts at the top clubs, this isn't a third choice keeper from hudds is it ? I was always dissapointed that Stuart didn't use his Rangers contacts more, Furman was class we could have had more. This could be the rocket ob has needed, he has been poor of late and needs to get back to last years form but saying that we don't know what PTs plan is with this until he picks a side, ob could play defensive left mid, let's get behind PT rather than start the negative mood which blighted the club under Stuart. I still don't think on current form and after seeing that dire display against accy we will get anything other than a good spanking on tues, but I still want us to win. COME ON CITY[/p][/quote]I'm not criticising and no I didn't expect Terry or Carragher. However, I did expect to see a centre-back arriving, not a left-back. It's like me going to a car show-room and saying I like the look of the new GOLF. The manager says they are on order and not available for a few weeks, so I settle for a POLO instead. Almost EVERY City fan has been pointing out that Rehman/Clarke are not good enough and instead it is a left-back we sign. It isn't criticism of Taylor and I'm sure Threlfall will be a good signing. I'm just disappointed it wasn't a Martin Kelly or a Daniel Ayala instead. Waynus71
  • Score: 0

3:11pm Mon 22 Feb 10

d-luded says...

Waynus71 wrote:
Staffords Hairpiece wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.
Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.
[quote][p][bold]Waynus71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.[/p][/quote]Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't. d-luded
  • Score: 0

3:18pm Mon 22 Feb 10

vglimmer says...

impressive signing me thinks, Lets hope he can cross lol
impressive signing me thinks, Lets hope he can cross lol vglimmer
  • Score: 0

3:24pm Mon 22 Feb 10

BD16 says...

justinbrett1975 wrote:
Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.
I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre.
A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?
[quote][p][bold]justinbrett1975[/bold] wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.[/p][/quote]I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely? BD16
  • Score: 0

3:42pm Mon 22 Feb 10

DisplacedNortherner says...

BD16 wrote:
justinbrett1975 wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.
I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?
You'd hope so. However what soimetimes happens when you have 3 marking 2 they leave it to each other to do the marking and none of them end up doing anything. Thats what I can see happening with our centre halves anyway
[quote][p][bold]BD16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]justinbrett1975[/bold] wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.[/p][/quote]I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?[/p][/quote]You'd hope so. However what soimetimes happens when you have 3 marking 2 they leave it to each other to do the marking and none of them end up doing anything. Thats what I can see happening with our centre halves anyway DisplacedNortherner
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Mon 22 Feb 10

waynebantamwdk says...

This kid seems alrite, hes won 2 FA Youth cups with liverpool, beating man u in the final to retain the cup, hes also been a regular in the reserves for liverpool, hes also played for england under 19 level.
Hereford were pretty keen on him untl he broke his foot.
This kid seems alrite, hes won 2 FA Youth cups with liverpool, beating man u in the final to retain the cup, hes also been a regular in the reserves for liverpool, hes also played for england under 19 level. Hereford were pretty keen on him untl he broke his foot. waynebantamwdk
  • Score: 0

3:56pm Mon 22 Feb 10

KnightMcCall says...

d-luded wrote:
Waynus71 wrote:
Staffords Hairpiece wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.
Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.
I'd rather read Waynus's posts which venture reasoned opinions rather than the tripe that you post.
[quote][p][bold]d-luded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Waynus71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.[/p][/quote]Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.[/p][/quote]I'd rather read Waynus's posts which venture reasoned opinions rather than the tripe that you post. KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Mon 22 Feb 10

KnightMcCall says...

Waynus71 wrote:
pudseybantham wrote: Have to agree with wyke on this, why be negative about this signing, PT isn't a mug he knows what we need, what do you expect John Terry and Jamie Carragher ! To me this shows that PT has contacts at the top clubs, this isn't a third choice keeper from hudds is it ? I was always dissapointed that Stuart didn't use his Rangers contacts more, Furman was class we could have had more. This could be the rocket ob has needed, he has been poor of late and needs to get back to last years form but saying that we don't know what PTs plan is with this until he picks a side, ob could play defensive left mid, let's get behind PT rather than start the negative mood which blighted the club under Stuart. I still don't think on current form and after seeing that dire display against accy we will get anything other than a good spanking on tues, but I still want us to win. COME ON CITY
I'm not criticising and no I didn't expect Terry or Carragher. However, I did expect to see a centre-back arriving, not a left-back. It's like me going to a car show-room and saying I like the look of the new GOLF. The manager says they are on order and not available for a few weeks, so I settle for a POLO instead. Almost EVERY City fan has been pointing out that Rehman/Clarke are not good enough and instead it is a left-back we sign. It isn't criticism of Taylor and I'm sure Threlfall will be a good signing. I'm just disappointed it wasn't a Martin Kelly or a Daniel Ayala instead.
Waynus, it is always possible that PT sees a different problem to you. Defence is clearly a problem and Threlfall might be one part of a bigger solution. He might even be intending on playing him at Centre Back or as part of a back three with Ramsden and A N Other?

I'm going to Rochdale and I'm looking forward to seeing what PT can do to prevent a massacre. Not picking Clarke to give away two penalties like he did last season would be good!
[quote][p][bold]Waynus71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pudseybantham[/bold] wrote: Have to agree with wyke on this, why be negative about this signing, PT isn't a mug he knows what we need, what do you expect John Terry and Jamie Carragher ! To me this shows that PT has contacts at the top clubs, this isn't a third choice keeper from hudds is it ? I was always dissapointed that Stuart didn't use his Rangers contacts more, Furman was class we could have had more. This could be the rocket ob has needed, he has been poor of late and needs to get back to last years form but saying that we don't know what PTs plan is with this until he picks a side, ob could play defensive left mid, let's get behind PT rather than start the negative mood which blighted the club under Stuart. I still don't think on current form and after seeing that dire display against accy we will get anything other than a good spanking on tues, but I still want us to win. COME ON CITY[/p][/quote]I'm not criticising and no I didn't expect Terry or Carragher. However, I did expect to see a centre-back arriving, not a left-back. It's like me going to a car show-room and saying I like the look of the new GOLF. The manager says they are on order and not available for a few weeks, so I settle for a POLO instead. Almost EVERY City fan has been pointing out that Rehman/Clarke are not good enough and instead it is a left-back we sign. It isn't criticism of Taylor and I'm sure Threlfall will be a good signing. I'm just disappointed it wasn't a Martin Kelly or a Daniel Ayala instead.[/p][/quote]Waynus, it is always possible that PT sees a different problem to you. Defence is clearly a problem and Threlfall might be one part of a bigger solution. He might even be intending on playing him at Centre Back or as part of a back three with Ramsden and A N Other? I'm going to Rochdale and I'm looking forward to seeing what PT can do to prevent a massacre. Not picking Clarke to give away two penalties like he did last season would be good! KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

4:01pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Bantam58 says...

KnightMcCall wrote:
d-luded wrote:
Waynus71 wrote:
Staffords Hairpiece wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.
Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.
I'd rather read Waynus's posts which venture reasoned opinions rather than the tripe that you post.
oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
[quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]d-luded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Waynus71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.[/p][/quote]Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.[/p][/quote]I'd rather read Waynus's posts which venture reasoned opinions rather than the tripe that you post.[/p][/quote]oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Bantam58
  • Score: 0

4:05pm Mon 22 Feb 10

waynebantamwdk says...

Some footage of him here,looks like an attacking left back, can crack a ball, and can take pens under pressure, he score the only goal, and then when it goes into penalties, he takes liverpools final penalty, he's number 5.

http://www.youtube.c
om/watch?v=SUJIOAYqs
_M&NR=1&feature=fvwp
Some footage of him here,looks like an attacking left back, can crack a ball, and can take pens under pressure, he score the only goal, and then when it goes into penalties, he takes liverpools final penalty, he's number 5. http://www.youtube.c om/watch?v=SUJIOAYqs _M&NR=1&feature=fvwp waynebantamwdk
  • Score: 0

4:07pm Mon 22 Feb 10

shaun from richmond says...

NO LUKE OBRIEN FOR A MONTH!!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
Just another 8/9 to get!
NO LUKE OBRIEN FOR A MONTH!!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! Just another 8/9 to get! shaun from richmond
  • Score: 0

4:18pm Mon 22 Feb 10

gspot says...

are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn??
getting a little confused.
are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused. gspot
  • Score: 0

4:28pm Mon 22 Feb 10

gspot says...

about the posts asking why a LB and not a CB.
Personally i think CB is the biggest concern but i couldn't care what position the lad is providing the signing improves our team and from what i read and hear he will. A couple more needed and one before tomorrow might even sway me to go. Maybe Rochdale should pay for one for us so because itwould mean more money throught he gate tomorrow...just a thought.
about the posts asking why a LB and not a CB. Personally i think CB is the biggest concern but i couldn't care what position the lad is providing the signing improves our team and from what i read and hear he will. A couple more needed and one before tomorrow might even sway me to go. Maybe Rochdale should pay for one for us so because itwould mean more money throught he gate tomorrow...just a thought. gspot
  • Score: 0

5:14pm Mon 22 Feb 10

d-luded says...

KnightMcCall wrote:
d-luded wrote:
Waynus71 wrote:
Staffords Hairpiece wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.
Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.
I'd rather read Waynus's posts which venture reasoned opinions rather than the tripe that you post.
You 2 got a thing going?
[quote][p][bold]KnightMcCall[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]d-luded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Waynus71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.[/p][/quote]Go away you clown,its been a lot better without you on here do you really believe you know anything about football because when you post on here it proves you don't.[/p][/quote]I'd rather read Waynus's posts which venture reasoned opinions rather than the tripe that you post.[/p][/quote]You 2 got a thing going? d-luded
  • Score: 0

6:36pm Mon 22 Feb 10

balbrigganfc says...

Staffords Hairpiece wrote:
For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Maybe not as buying a tin of beans, but with his experience and contacts it should be as easy as, more or less.
[quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Maybe not as buying a tin of beans, but with his experience and contacts it should be as easy as, more or less. balbrigganfc
  • Score: 0

6:38pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Farsley XI says...

Why do you bother “allegedly” coming along to games if you have nothing at all good to say about the team Shaun? You have constantly criticised McCall and the coaching staff at any given opportunity, are you really a City fan or one of those Champions of Europe fans at 8ellend Road, you never have anything remotely sensible to say. Peter Taylor has inherited a side which consists of cheap players, the board gave a budget of 50 bob and a Conker to assemble this squad, and you only get what you pay for in life. Everyone knows were the weak areas are in the City team McCall, Jacobs and Wetherall all knew but couldn’t do anything about it without the financial backing of the board. The reality is McCall and the coaching staff did a fairly decent job with the players, the players gave McC 100% every game. Taylor will make improvements to the squad over the coming weeks but this will cost money. All the fickle fans on here have raved about the players apart from the back three, but now when it suits they choose to slag every player off. Ho and one other thing the board got rid of the fitness coach before the season began, if you want to get angry, get angry with those who hold the purse strings it is them who have not supported the team when it was needed. Support the team, get off the players backs,it doesn’t help.
Security word pull-cash very apt
Why do you bother “allegedly” coming along to games if you have nothing at all good to say about the team Shaun? You have constantly criticised McCall and the coaching staff at any given opportunity, are you really a City fan or one of those Champions of Europe fans at 8ellend Road, you never have anything remotely sensible to say. Peter Taylor has inherited a side which consists of cheap players, the board gave a budget of 50 bob and a Conker to assemble this squad, and you only get what you pay for in life. Everyone knows were the weak areas are in the City team McCall, Jacobs and Wetherall all knew but couldn’t do anything about it without the financial backing of the board. The reality is McCall and the coaching staff did a fairly decent job with the players, the players gave McC 100% every game. Taylor will make improvements to the squad over the coming weeks but this will cost money. All the fickle fans on here have raved about the players apart from the back three, but now when it suits they choose to slag every player off. Ho and one other thing the board got rid of the fitness coach before the season began, if you want to get angry, get angry with those who hold the purse strings it is them who have not supported the team when it was needed. Support the team, get off the players backs,it doesn’t help. Security word pull-cash very apt Farsley XI
  • Score: 0

6:53pm Mon 22 Feb 10

balbrigganfc says...

As previously predicted Taylors first loan signing would be Robbie Threlfall, watch this space for more rivotting revelations from Balbriggan FC
As previously predicted Taylors first loan signing would be Robbie Threlfall, watch this space for more rivotting revelations from Balbriggan FC balbrigganfc
  • Score: 0

7:04pm Mon 22 Feb 10

BillyxBantams says...

Anyone who has been to the majority of the games this year can see that Luke O'Brien has been absolutely useless!

Considering he was player of the season last year he has gone dramatically downhill! Oh dear, who only signed a 1 year deal on the recommendations of a certain agent who looked after Joe Colbeck! No club will want him on this form, i fully see where PT is coming from!

O'Brien has got no positional sense whatsoever, highlighted in the last home game where he got sucked inside, ball watching about a million times! If Grimsby had had a decent right midfielder they would have ripped us apart...luckily he was dreadful also!

Every manager in the league can see O'B is weak, hence the reason we get mugged down our left side every time - not many have a go at Ramsden as they know he is a class act! I bet he wishes he'd stayed well away from Bradford now...cant see us keeping hold of him past this season!
Anyone who has been to the majority of the games this year can see that Luke O'Brien has been absolutely useless! Considering he was player of the season last year he has gone dramatically downhill! Oh dear, who only signed a 1 year deal on the recommendations of a certain agent who looked after Joe Colbeck! No club will want him on this form, i fully see where PT is coming from! O'Brien has got no positional sense whatsoever, highlighted in the last home game where he got sucked inside, ball watching about a million times! If Grimsby had had a decent right midfielder they would have ripped us apart...luckily he was dreadful also! Every manager in the league can see O'B is weak, hence the reason we get mugged down our left side every time - not many have a go at Ramsden as they know he is a class act! I bet he wishes he'd stayed well away from Bradford now...cant see us keeping hold of him past this season! BillyxBantams
  • Score: 0

7:05pm Mon 22 Feb 10

BD16 says...

gspot wrote:
are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.
I think we have doughnuts playing in the back four!!
[quote][p][bold]gspot[/bold] wrote: are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.[/p][/quote]I think we have doughnuts playing in the back four!! BD16
  • Score: 0

7:06pm Mon 22 Feb 10

yorkiewyke says...

How do we know PT didn`t try to get a CB as well today ???
How do we know PT didn`t try to get a CB as well today ??? yorkiewyke
  • Score: 0

7:06pm Mon 22 Feb 10

BD16 says...

gspot wrote:
are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.
I think we have doughnuts playing in the back four!!
[quote][p][bold]gspot[/bold] wrote: are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.[/p][/quote]I think we have doughnuts playing in the back four!! BD16
  • Score: 0

7:21pm Mon 22 Feb 10

shaun from richmond says...

Farsley XI wrote:
Why do you bother “allegedly” coming along to games if you have nothing at all good to say about the team Shaun? You have constantly criticised McCall and the coaching staff at any given opportunity, are you really a City fan or one of those Champions of Europe fans at 8ellend Road, you never have anything remotely sensible to say. Peter Taylor has inherited a side which consists of cheap players, the board gave a budget of 50 bob and a Conker to assemble this squad, and you only get what you pay for in life. Everyone knows were the weak areas are in the City team McCall, Jacobs and Wetherall all knew but couldn’t do anything about it without the financial backing of the board. The reality is McCall and the coaching staff did a fairly decent job with the players, the players gave McC 100% every game. Taylor will make improvements to the squad over the coming weeks but this will cost money. All the fickle fans on here have raved about the players apart from the back three, but now when it suits they choose to slag every player off. Ho and one other thing the board got rid of the fitness coach before the season began, if you want to get angry, get angry with those who hold the purse strings it is them who have not supported the team when it was needed. Support the team, get off the players backs,it doesn’t help. Security word pull-cash very apt
I didnt realise I had to ask your permission to go to games!
Your the one who seems to be "angry"!.....at me for some reason??
Look even McCall agreed with me in the end, and Quit!! Thank God!!
With most of McCalls "WONDERS" getting the hook ......Im feeling quite up-beat!!...........
..........So stop moaning and support your club!!
[quote][p][bold]Farsley XI[/bold] wrote: Why do you bother “allegedly” coming along to games if you have nothing at all good to say about the team Shaun? You have constantly criticised McCall and the coaching staff at any given opportunity, are you really a City fan or one of those Champions of Europe fans at 8ellend Road, you never have anything remotely sensible to say. Peter Taylor has inherited a side which consists of cheap players, the board gave a budget of 50 bob and a Conker to assemble this squad, and you only get what you pay for in life. Everyone knows were the weak areas are in the City team McCall, Jacobs and Wetherall all knew but couldn’t do anything about it without the financial backing of the board. The reality is McCall and the coaching staff did a fairly decent job with the players, the players gave McC 100% every game. Taylor will make improvements to the squad over the coming weeks but this will cost money. All the fickle fans on here have raved about the players apart from the back three, but now when it suits they choose to slag every player off. Ho and one other thing the board got rid of the fitness coach before the season began, if you want to get angry, get angry with those who hold the purse strings it is them who have not supported the team when it was needed. Support the team, get off the players backs,it doesn’t help. Security word pull-cash very apt[/p][/quote]I didnt realise I had to ask your permission to go to games! Your the one who seems to be "angry"!.....at me for some reason?? Look even McCall agreed with me in the end, and Quit!! Thank God!! With most of McCalls "WONDERS" getting the hook ......Im feeling quite up-beat!!........... ..........So stop moaning and support your club!! shaun from richmond
  • Score: 0

8:18pm Mon 22 Feb 10

dannbradfc says...

BD16 wrote:
justinbrett1975 wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.
I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?
i mentioned this a while back and can't understand why Stu didn't try it. O'B could operate has a left wing-back and this maybe even in PT's plans with this signing
[quote][p][bold]BD16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]justinbrett1975[/bold] wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.[/p][/quote]I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?[/p][/quote]i mentioned this a while back and can't understand why Stu didn't try it. O'B could operate has a left wing-back and this maybe even in PT's plans with this signing dannbradfc
  • Score: 0

9:13pm Mon 22 Feb 10

shaun from richmond says...

dannbradfc wrote:
BD16 wrote:
justinbrett1975 wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.
I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?
i mentioned this a while back and can't understand why Stu didn't try it. O'B could operate has a left wing-back and this maybe even in PT's plans with this signing
Isnt a wing-back supposed to be able to CROSS a ball???
Erm....thats O'B out then!!
[quote][p][bold]dannbradfc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BD16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]justinbrett1975[/bold] wrote: Out of our back 4 I think the only one who is currently good enough is Ramsden. I like to see Ramsden as centre back, with bateman at right back, then rehman at left back, someone new at the other back in centre back, and matt clarke, in the position he deserves, which is on the bench at halifax. But no matter what happens, its nice to see that the defence has been identified as needing a shake up.[/p][/quote]I think the defence looked a lot better with Ramsden and Clarke together in the centre. A 5-3-1 formation with the fullbacks given licence to support the midfield might be what he has in mind. Three centre halves should surely stop some of the stupid goals we conceed, surely?[/p][/quote]i mentioned this a while back and can't understand why Stu didn't try it. O'B could operate has a left wing-back and this maybe even in PT's plans with this signing[/p][/quote]Isnt a wing-back supposed to be able to CROSS a ball??? Erm....thats O'B out then!! shaun from richmond
  • Score: 0

10:14pm Mon 22 Feb 10

thebrownsauceman says...

Waynus71 wrote:
Staffords Hairpiece wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.
Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.
as far as im concerned luke obrien has been as bad as the CBs this year. he cant stop any cross, cant tackle, cant pass. im just glad he wouldnt sign a new deal hes rubbish.
[quote][p][bold]Waynus71[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Staffords Hairpiece[/bold] wrote: For heavens sake, Waynus71, give him a chance! Peter Taylor has tied up an excellent loan signing within hours of returning to work the Monday morning after his first match in charge and I am sure that he will sort out the centre back problem as soon as he possibly can. Surely you must realise that signing a player isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a can of baked beans.[/p][/quote]Firstly, I'm not having a go at PT for making the signing; I simply implied that he has other priorities than replacing the left-back. Of course I will 'let him get on with it'. As for your point about signing players, I agree it isn't like walking into Morrisons and buying a tin of beans. However, if it was, would you buy a can of sweetcorn because the shelves hadn't been stocked with beans? My point was that PT hasn't even seen Horne in action yet, but has deemed a left-back needs to be brought in. Our problem isn't at left-back, it is in the centre of midfield and central defence. Lawn will have put money aside, it won't be huge amounts, so don't expect 3/4 players to arrive. If we can only afford 2 players, would you be pleased that one of them is a left-back? If the player (beans) wasn't available, then don't go sign another player (sweetcorn) for a different position just because you can.[/p][/quote]as far as im concerned luke obrien has been as bad as the CBs this year. he cant stop any cross, cant tackle, cant pass. im just glad he wouldnt sign a new deal hes rubbish. thebrownsauceman
  • Score: 0

11:52pm Mon 22 Feb 10

Waynus71 says...

In response to my earlier posts, there have been quite a few valid points. I concede that taylor may have brought the kid in to play central defence or perhaps play him and Bateson as wing-backs with Ramsden joining Clarke & Rehman at the back.

Fair points boys. I am more intrigued by Taylor's second side than the one he put out on Saturday.

I'm excited by the signing (sorry if this wasn't clear in my previous posts). I just wish I had read that we had made a double swoop on Liverpool and signed Threlfall & Martin Kelly. That would have persuaded me to travel across the pennines again.

One final point I would like to make is this. Why have we suddenly started to attack all our players? Hanson has done okay until recently, Evans is improving all the time (but is now, in my opinion, being played out of position), Thorne is a class act and once fit, will be like a new signing and Boulders will get goals if we play the right pass for him.

Neilson is a decent player for this level (as showed when he first signed), Flynn oozes class and Bully is steady away. Daley has his qualities and many sides in this league would want him in their side. As for O'Brien & O'Leary, these players are very good and given opportunities, will do a job for us. Brandon, for me, has been disappointing, but I again concede that in the right role and right formation, could still do a job for us. This remains to be seen.

Luke O'Brien has played well in the past, although he can't take set-pieces and his distribution leave a lot to be desired. However, this argument that he keeps getting caught out of position is unfair. For the majority of the season he has had no support in front of him. Ramsden has been a rock this season and has shown his adaptabilty by being our best centre-back. However, he is also capable of making mistakes and has done so a few times in the last couple of games. Our biggest problem remains our centre-backs and was the only area I was concerned about in pre-season. Once I knew we had offered new deals to Clarke & Rehman, I was worried about our chances. We signed Williams and he has done okay.

The majority of these players played a part in our 10 match unbeaten run. They aren't 'crap' players as some have claimed. However, it is obvious confidence is rock-bottom and as a result, the players' play has deteriorated. Once they get that first win and start getting a bit of confidence back, we should see most of these players looking the quality players they are!
In response to my earlier posts, there have been quite a few valid points. I concede that taylor may have brought the kid in to play central defence or perhaps play him and Bateson as wing-backs with Ramsden joining Clarke & Rehman at the back. Fair points boys. I am more intrigued by Taylor's second side than the one he put out on Saturday. I'm excited by the signing (sorry if this wasn't clear in my previous posts). I just wish I had read that we had made a double swoop on Liverpool and signed Threlfall & Martin Kelly. That would have persuaded me to travel across the pennines again. One final point I would like to make is this. Why have we suddenly started to attack all our players? Hanson has done okay until recently, Evans is improving all the time (but is now, in my opinion, being played out of position), Thorne is a class act and once fit, will be like a new signing and Boulders will get goals if we play the right pass for him. Neilson is a decent player for this level (as showed when he first signed), Flynn oozes class and Bully is steady away. Daley has his qualities and many sides in this league would want him in their side. As for O'Brien & O'Leary, these players are very good and given opportunities, will do a job for us. Brandon, for me, has been disappointing, but I again concede that in the right role and right formation, could still do a job for us. This remains to be seen. Luke O'Brien has played well in the past, although he can't take set-pieces and his distribution leave a lot to be desired. However, this argument that he keeps getting caught out of position is unfair. For the majority of the season he has had no support in front of him. Ramsden has been a rock this season and has shown his adaptabilty by being our best centre-back. However, he is also capable of making mistakes and has done so a few times in the last couple of games. Our biggest problem remains our centre-backs and was the only area I was concerned about in pre-season. Once I knew we had offered new deals to Clarke & Rehman, I was worried about our chances. We signed Williams and he has done okay. The majority of these players played a part in our 10 match unbeaten run. They aren't 'crap' players as some have claimed. However, it is obvious confidence is rock-bottom and as a result, the players' play has deteriorated. Once they get that first win and start getting a bit of confidence back, we should see most of these players looking the quality players they are! Waynus71
  • Score: 0

6:35am Tue 23 Feb 10

tyker says...

a good signing;centre halves are always weaker if thy know they have to cover a weak fujl back as they have the tendency to be drawn out of position.

A good signing and, yes, Ramsden and Clarke look stronger at centre of defence. What is wrong with playing Bateson at right back or do we HAVE to play Rehman.

Just a thought OB may actually be played further forward to balance the team with Neilson on the right.

We do need a stronger spine so ,it could be argued, we need a centre back, strong midfield and a speedy forward.

prediction for tonight--POSTPONEMEN
T!!
a good signing;centre halves are always weaker if thy know they have to cover a weak fujl back as they have the tendency to be drawn out of position. A good signing and, yes, Ramsden and Clarke look stronger at centre of defence. What is wrong with playing Bateson at right back or do we HAVE to play Rehman. Just a thought OB may actually be played further forward to balance the team with Neilson on the right. We do need a stronger spine so ,it could be argued, we need a centre back, strong midfield and a speedy forward. prediction for tonight--POSTPONEMEN T!! tyker
  • Score: 0

8:21am Tue 23 Feb 10

d-luded says...

gspot wrote:
are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.
The next signing could be a German CB,Heinz Tin i think they call him
[quote][p][bold]gspot[/bold] wrote: are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.[/p][/quote]The next signing could be a German CB,Heinz Tin i think they call him d-luded
  • Score: 0

9:27am Tue 23 Feb 10

KnightMcCall says...

d-luded wrote:
gspot wrote: are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.
The next signing could be a German CB,Heinz Tin i think they call him
Wow; you are such a great comedian.

Still nothing constructive to say then? Perhaps you are just afraid of leaving yourself open wide to ridicule about your complete lack of footballing knowledge.
[quote][p][bold]d-luded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gspot[/bold] wrote: are we signing somone called Beans & Sweetcorn?? getting a little confused.[/p][/quote]The next signing could be a German CB,Heinz Tin i think they call him[/p][/quote]Wow; you are such a great comedian. Still nothing constructive to say then? Perhaps you are just afraid of leaving yourself open wide to ridicule about your complete lack of footballing knowledge. KnightMcCall
  • Score: 0

10:25am Tue 23 Feb 10

CheltCityFan says...

vglimmer wrote:
impressive signing me thinks, Lets hope he can cross lol
I'm not sure if this is a serious comment, but there is a very good point here. You may need to stretch your memory here, but when was the last time we saw a City player go down the wing and cross the ball from the byeline for a forward to run onto? I'll bet it happens on average significantly less than once a game. Why do we persist in lumping the ball high from the back, which gives the opposing centre backs the advantage, as they are moving forward onto the ball rather than backwards? Even if Hanson wins it, which he does well at, he is well outside the box, heading backwards and no one is running onto it, which is a waste. We have some good headers of the ball, particularly Hanson, so why not give them more chance to be effective? I thought that may have been the reason why we brought Scott Neilson in, with Daly injured, but here is someone else in danger of losing his way. I have gone on before on this board about playing to our strengths and this is one example. Hanson has done very well for his first season, and could have done much better if used properly, and the danger is that he loses confidence, as several other players obviously have, if we carry on playing as we are. I hope Peter Taylor will work this out as he gets to know the players as, whilst he may not be able to turn things round overnight, because of how low things have got, I have the confidence that he can at least work things out tactically. This season is now over, but we need to use the rest of it to try and produce a shape and system that uses players better and is effective, so that we can start next season better organised. One of the biggest factors in this division is organisation - players knowing what is expected of them and how their team mates play. Stability is essential, as that is the only way players settle into a pattern and get team spirit. We have had too many changes from game to game, too many formations aimed at the oppositions', rather than our, strengths. Players want to know who they are playing with and how each other plays. Let's get playing to our strengths and let other teams worry about us for a change.
[quote][p][bold]vglimmer[/bold] wrote: impressive signing me thinks, Lets hope he can cross lol[/p][/quote]I'm not sure if this is a serious comment, but there is a very good point here. You may need to stretch your memory here, but when was the last time we saw a City player go down the wing and cross the ball from the byeline for a forward to run onto? I'll bet it happens on average significantly less than once a game. Why do we persist in lumping the ball high from the back, which gives the opposing centre backs the advantage, as they are moving forward onto the ball rather than backwards? Even if Hanson wins it, which he does well at, he is well outside the box, heading backwards and no one is running onto it, which is a waste. We have some good headers of the ball, particularly Hanson, so why not give them more chance to be effective? I thought that may have been the reason why we brought Scott Neilson in, with Daly injured, but here is someone else in danger of losing his way. I have gone on before on this board about playing to our strengths and this is one example. Hanson has done very well for his first season, and could have done much better if used properly, and the danger is that he loses confidence, as several other players obviously have, if we carry on playing as we are. I hope Peter Taylor will work this out as he gets to know the players as, whilst he may not be able to turn things round overnight, because of how low things have got, I have the confidence that he can at least work things out tactically. This season is now over, but we need to use the rest of it to try and produce a shape and system that uses players better and is effective, so that we can start next season better organised. One of the biggest factors in this division is organisation - players knowing what is expected of them and how their team mates play. Stability is essential, as that is the only way players settle into a pattern and get team spirit. We have had too many changes from game to game, too many formations aimed at the oppositions', rather than our, strengths. Players want to know who they are playing with and how each other plays. Let's get playing to our strengths and let other teams worry about us for a change. CheltCityFan
  • Score: 0

10:33am Tue 23 Feb 10

tyker says...

CheltCityFan wrote:
vglimmer wrote:
impressive signing me thinks, Lets hope he can cross lol
I'm not sure if this is a serious comment, but there is a very good point here. You may need to stretch your memory here, but when was the last time we saw a City player go down the wing and cross the ball from the byeline for a forward to run onto? I'll bet it happens on average significantly less than once a game. Why do we persist in lumping the ball high from the back, which gives the opposing centre backs the advantage, as they are moving forward onto the ball rather than backwards? Even if Hanson wins it, which he does well at, he is well outside the box, heading backwards and no one is running onto it, which is a waste. We have some good headers of the ball, particularly Hanson, so why not give them more chance to be effective? I thought that may have been the reason why we brought Scott Neilson in, with Daly injured, but here is someone else in danger of losing his way. I have gone on before on this board about playing to our strengths and this is one example. Hanson has done very well for his first season, and could have done much better if used properly, and the danger is that he loses confidence, as several other players obviously have, if we carry on playing as we are. I hope Peter Taylor will work this out as he gets to know the players as, whilst he may not be able to turn things round overnight, because of how low things have got, I have the confidence that he can at least work things out tactically. This season is now over, but we need to use the rest of it to try and produce a shape and system that uses players better and is effective, so that we can start next season better organised. One of the biggest factors in this division is organisation - players knowing what is expected of them and how their team mates play. Stability is essential, as that is the only way players settle into a pattern and get team spirit. We have had too many changes from game to game, too many formations aimed at the oppositions', rather than our, strengths. Players want to know who they are playing with and how each other plays. Let's get playing to our strengths and let other teams worry about us for a change.
great call:last player we had like you suggest was Etherington but the rest could not keep up with him:let's hope this kid is not too quick of foot and thought otherwise he will be wasted.

Would love to see a fast mobile centre forward and centre half and then we would be ticking.

Just a thought: maybe this lad will be played left side bombing forward with OB as a left sided midfield player dropping in as and when required.

I said earlier that PT is well respected amongst senior managers in teh premier league in light of his PROPER COACHING and will be more willing than ever to loan us players for them to be developed and gain experience. He had a few youngsters from Aston Villa when he was at Wycombe.

I honestly believe the club have to have faith in PT by giving him at least a 12+ month contract:this gives him proper time to assess and build from nothing by getting the proper foundations of a football squad in.

Thoughts anyone please.
[quote][p][bold]CheltCityFan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]vglimmer[/bold] wrote: impressive signing me thinks, Lets hope he can cross lol[/p][/quote]I'm not sure if this is a serious comment, but there is a very good point here. You may need to stretch your memory here, but when was the last time we saw a City player go down the wing and cross the ball from the byeline for a forward to run onto? I'll bet it happens on average significantly less than once a game. Why do we persist in lumping the ball high from the back, which gives the opposing centre backs the advantage, as they are moving forward onto the ball rather than backwards? Even if Hanson wins it, which he does well at, he is well outside the box, heading backwards and no one is running onto it, which is a waste. We have some good headers of the ball, particularly Hanson, so why not give them more chance to be effective? I thought that may have been the reason why we brought Scott Neilson in, with Daly injured, but here is someone else in danger of losing his way. I have gone on before on this board about playing to our strengths and this is one example. Hanson has done very well for his first season, and could have done much better if used properly, and the danger is that he loses confidence, as several other players obviously have, if we carry on playing as we are. I hope Peter Taylor will work this out as he gets to know the players as, whilst he may not be able to turn things round overnight, because of how low things have got, I have the confidence that he can at least work things out tactically. This season is now over, but we need to use the rest of it to try and produce a shape and system that uses players better and is effective, so that we can start next season better organised. One of the biggest factors in this division is organisation - players knowing what is expected of them and how their team mates play. Stability is essential, as that is the only way players settle into a pattern and get team spirit. We have had too many changes from game to game, too many formations aimed at the oppositions', rather than our, strengths. Players want to know who they are playing with and how each other plays. Let's get playing to our strengths and let other teams worry about us for a change.[/p][/quote]great call:last player we had like you suggest was Etherington but the rest could not keep up with him:let's hope this kid is not too quick of foot and thought otherwise he will be wasted. Would love to see a fast mobile centre forward and centre half and then we would be ticking. Just a thought: maybe this lad will be played left side bombing forward with OB as a left sided midfield player dropping in as and when required. I said earlier that PT is well respected amongst senior managers in teh premier league in light of his PROPER COACHING and will be more willing than ever to loan us players for them to be developed and gain experience. He had a few youngsters from Aston Villa when he was at Wycombe. I honestly believe the club have to have faith in PT by giving him at least a 12+ month contract:this gives him proper time to assess and build from nothing by getting the proper foundations of a football squad in. Thoughts anyone please. tyker
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree