THE curse of the club of the month struck Eccleshill United as their ten- game winning run hit the buffers at Glasshoughton Welfare.

It was the Eagles’ first defeat since their West Riding County Cup exit at Yorkshire Amateur on October 11, and it cost them the leadership of Toolstation Northern Counties East League Division One.

Sean Regan had picked up the manager of the month, while midfielder Andy Cooper was named player of the month for November as the Eagles soared to the summit with six wins from six games.

They came down with a bump, losing 2-0 at tenth-placed Welfare after a poor display.

Andy Horbury had given Welfare a 25th-minute lead and Ryan Poskitt sealed the victory with a last-minute strike as the Eagles pushed forward in search of an equaliser.

A 3-0 win for Knaresborough Town at Nostell Miners' Welfare put the North Yorkshire outfit back on top.

Campion were also losers, a 2-0 home defeat seeing them tumble out of the play-off places.

James Bicknell’s men were favourites at home against lowly Swallownest but drew a rare blank.

The visitors netted twice late on as Alex Lill broke the deadlock in the 78th minute before Mitchell Ward-Cuppit doubled their advantage in the last minute.

Jonathan Rimmington’s Liversedge were twice pegged back by basement outfit Clipstone in the Premier Division, but ran out 4-2 winners to leave their visitors still without a point after 21 league games.

Joe Walton gave Sedge a 19th-minute lead but Tim Gregory replied.

The home side were back in front minutes into the second half, with Brandon Kane on target, but Clipstone netted a second equaliser through Matt Hubbard midway through the second period.

Goals from Brad Riley and Jake Thompson then eased the nerves at Clayborn and gave Sedge their seventh win of the season.

There was no joy for the other two local representatives in the top tier as Thackley and Albion Sports both suffered defeats.

The Dennyboys had led at AFC Mansfield after Jordan Hendrie scored just before the break, but the third-placed hosts hit back from the penalty spot via Oliver Fearon, and they cemented their win with Phil Buxton’s last-minute effort.

The Albion Lions were never in it at Maltby Main and lost both halves on the way to a 2-0 defeat.

Ross Dugan scored for Maltby in the first half, and Josh Nodder’s 76th-inute goal wrapped it up.

Hallmark Security League Division One leaders Silsden were frustrated as their game at Bacup Borough was one of two fixtures in the section postponed due to waterlogged pitches.

Their title rivals couldn’t make the most of the Cobbydalers’ lay off, however, as second-placed Litherland REMYCA lost, while third-placed Prestwich Heys were due to host the other game that was called off, so Silsden’s 13-point cushion remains intact.