SILSDEN bounced back from last weekend’s Buildbase FA Vase exit to earn a victory at Stockport Town to keep their 100 per cent record in Hallmark Security League Division One intact.

The Cobbydalers’ 3-1 away win made it nine victories from nine starts and kept them at the summit but it was only cemented late on.

Kyle Hancock gave them a second-minute lead but a Conor Downes strike minutes later pegged them back.

Player-manager Danny Forrest came off the bench and restored his side’s lead with just 15 minutes remaining, and Josh Eastwood put the gloss on the win three minutes from time.

Albion Sports hauled themselves above visitors Hall Road Rangers in the Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division table with a hard earned 3-1 win at Throstle Nest.

The Albion Lions came out of the blocks with all the velocity of an Olympic sprinter, and they could have been three goals up in quick time.

Lamin Janneh tested visiting keeper Phil Dobson in the first minute before Danny Facey crashed a shot off the underside of the bar in the fourth minute, and soon after hit the inside of a post, witrh the ball rebounding across the face of Dobson’s goal.

The deadlock was broken in the 16th minute as Facey crossed for Stephen Smith to net the opening goal, but Facey’s day was done three minutes later.

The striker was nursing an ankle injury and had taken two early knocks and was forced off, with Omar Habeeb replacing him.

It was 2-0 midway through the first half after Janneh had beaten Dobson to a through ball and side-stepped the keeper on the edge of the area before confidently chipping into the unguarded net.

The visitors finished the half with ten men after midfielder Frazer Hanson was shown a straight red card for what looked a studs-up challenge minutes before the interval.

The ten men made a game of it in the second half, however, and they halved the deficit nine minutes from time.

The Albion centre backs misjudged a long through ball, and Josh Batty lobbed the Lions’ keeper Jake Lofthouse.

Hall Road almost snatched an equaliser but Danny Chambers headed just wide, and Albion sealed their win when Smith stretched to reach a low ball into the area and steered it past Dobson.

Lions boss Kulwinder Sandhu said: “We started really well, we were at it, the players were buzzing in the warm-up.”

“If Danny had stayed on, I think we would have scored more goals in that first half but we didn’t, and that always gives your opponent a sniff that they’re still in the game and they got that late goal.

“It was disappointing not to keep a clean sheet but it’s a good three points, and that’s seven from the last three games now. We’re starting to build a little bit of momentum in the league.”

Liversedge remain just two points behind Albion after they also won, edging a nine-goal thriller 5-4 against Bottesford Town at Clayborn.

It should have been plain sailing for Sedge as they led 2-0 at the break following Joe Walton’s first-half brace, but Bottesford hit back as goals from Declan Bacon and Craig Bridge made it all-square just ten minutes into the second half.

Sedge then rattled in three goals in ten minutes, with Tom White, Jack Waters and Roy Fogarty all on target, and they led 5-2 with two minutes remaining.

Bridge then netted his second and Ben Johnson scored in the last minute as the visitors almost snatched a point.

Thackley were held to a 3-3 draw in their top-tier derby at Garforth Town.

The Leeds-based hosts broke the deadlock midway through the first half through Mark Simpson, but Will Hutton levelled on the half-hour.

The Dennyboys edged ahead when Sam Cable scored but Simpson netted his second just before half-time.

Ben Walker put the visitors back in front but Simpson claimed his hat-trick with a strike ten minutes from time.

Eccleshill United continued their excellent recent form in Division One, with a 3-1 victory at Ollerton Town extending the Eagles’ run to six straight wins.

The Eagles had to ride their luck at times and opened the scoring against the run of play when Luke Harrop fired in a 15th-minute penalty after Antony Brown had been fouled in the area.

Ben Hardy added a goal minutes before half-time, but the home side, who were denied by the woodwork on several occasions, finally pegged one back through Gavin King.

The Eagles completed the scoring but it was an own goal as a shot from substitute Chris Lever cannoned off a post and hit a defender before crossing the line.

The Eagles moved up to fifth following their win, while Campion remain third in the table, despite a 3-2 home defeat to AFC Emley.

James Bicknell’s men held a slender lead at the break after Brighton Mugadza’s goal, and they doubled their advantage minutes into the second half when Danny Cunningham scored.

However, Luke Hill netted a 55th-minute penalty, Josh Ingham fired in a 70th-minute free-kick and Hill netted his second spot-kick as the home side’s indiscipline cost them dear.

The visitors finished with ten men as Ben Kendal picked up a second yellow card late on.