BUOYED by a pre-match meeting, revitalised Farsley Celtic Juniors returned to the top of the Yorkshire Amateur League Premier Division with a 7-0 victory at fourth-placed Ealandians.

Celtic got the poor display against Leeds Medics & Dentists out of their system with two goals in the fierst half and five in the second.

Leading scorer Danny Lyons was back to his best and scored three goals, improving Josh Maskill bagged a brace, with Louis Surtees and Paul Dockerty also finding the net.

Meanwhile, Grangefield Old Boys put the threat of relegation further behind them with a 2-2 draw at Farnley Sports, who are three points in front of bottom club Trinity Old Boys but have four games in hand and a vastly superior goal difference.

In the Championship Division, unbeaten Drighlington defeated visitors Calverley United to lead the table by a point from Mount St Mary's, who have played two games more.

Ryan Rhodes got both goals but Drig also hit a post and missed several half-chances.

Calverley have tumbled to ninth but would need an improbable set of results to be relegated.

Division One leaders Gildersome Spurs Old Boys defeated a young Farsley Celtic Juniors Reserves 6-1 thanks to goal from Ben Keedy (2), Aidi McCormack (2), Dave Dennison and Jason Hardcastle.

Substitute Bruno Garridobagi replied for third-from-bottom Celtic, who haven't won in 11 matches. 

Second-placed St Bede's won 4-1 at Grangefield Old Boys, Jarad Peltier and a beauty from Stephen Drake putting them 2-0 ahead.

Adeeb Jawad, involved in the first two goals, got the third but conceding a goal galvanised the visitors into action again and Tawheed Ahmed got their fourth.

Chris Drake was man of the match for St Bede's, who have 47 points from 20 matches, the same number of points as Gildersome, who have played two matches left.

Horsforth have 26 points, but have seven games in hand on St Bede's.

Idle went back to the top of Division Two after a 3-0 home victory over Morley Town Reserves.

Aaron Irving's bullet header from Adam Medley's cross put Idle ahead, and he also got the second following a calm finish.

Irving completed his hat-trick in the second half with a volley over the keeper from 30 yards out.

Fairbank United's returning wingers Faris Hussain and Omar Kante caused havoc in Division Three as they defeated Thornesians Reserves 16-1.

A Thornesians player said: "Stevo said it was the best team he had played against in either the Yorlshire Old Boys' League or Yorkshire Amateur League.

"I realised they must be a little special for a Division Three team. He was particularly impressed with the two strikers. Awesome was his word to describe them."

It was 3-0 after 15 minutes, despite United having missed a penalty, and 6-0 at half-time.

Goals came from Omar Dambe (4), Shoaib Hussain (4), Faris Hussain (3, including a penalty), Bilal Saleem (2, including a penalty), Mahmadu Kante (2) and Zeeshan Khan.

Fairbank remain second place, eight points behind East Ardsley Wanderers with three games in hand.