Laughing Gas! Lee on a high as he helps Bradford Bulls fell Leeds Rhinos

Match-winner Lee Gaskell breaks the Leeds line

Joe Arundel is stopped just a few metres from the whitewash

There is no way out after Dale Ferguson, Matty Blythe and Adam Henry latch on

Adam Henry and James Donaldson jump onto Jamie Jones-Buchanan

Danny Williams makes a push for the line

First published in Sport
Last updated
Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford Bulls Reporter

Leeds Rhinos 14 Bradford Bulls 20

THE Bulls may be heading for the Championship but the Jimmy Lowes-inspired renaissance is underway.

Officially. Emphatically. Undeniably.

Beating Wigan last week was one thing but toppling Leeds in the last Super League derby between these rivals, at least for the time being?

It was the perfect way to mark the end of an era and certainly no more than the Bulls deserved.

It was an error-strewn encounter and the Rhinos were severely understrength but Lowes’ men showed remarkable spirit to come from behind and snatch victory late on.

That it was Lee Gaskell who should score the match-winning try was apt.

For he is a player Lowes will build his team around for next season’s assault on the Championship.

Gaskell collected a neat pass from Luke Gale, who was nurtured in the academy at Leeds and weighed in with a try and four goals last night, before scampering over the line in the 74th minute.

The massed ranks of Bulls supporters behind the posts celebrated wildly and Lowes and his men did likewise at the final hooter.

A quick glance at the team-sheet certainly offered plenty of encouragement for Lowes and his players beforehand.

The Rhinos were missing six key players in Joel Moon, Carl Ablett, Jamie Peacock, Kevin Sinfield, Kallum Watkins and Ryan Hall.

The latter two were rested ahead of Leeds’ Challenge Cup semi-final against Warrington next Saturday, with Brian McDermott making his priorities clear.

Lowes had spoken in the build-up about his first return to Leeds as a Bradford player when, in August 1996, he helped the Bulls to a thumping 56-18 victory and celebrated his try with a double fist-clenched salute in front of the South Stand.

Leeds were a mess back then – a failing club on and off the field.

At the end of the first season of summer rugby in 1996, debts had spiralled to over £5million and they finished two places above relegated Workington Town.

Bradford, of course, went on to enjoy a golden era, with Lowes at the heart of it before Leeds gradually established themselves as the most successful side in Super League.

Now the Bulls find themselves outside the top flight for the first time in over 40 years and looking to rebuild from the ground up; a classic example of success in sport being cyclical.

Although bound for the Championship, last week’s victory over Wigan confirmed that the Bulls are certainly heading in the right direction under Lowes.

Their first-half performance was proof enough, as they went in at the break all square at 4-4 after a hard-fought opening 40 minutes.

The defensive improvements that Lowes has overseen during his embryonic reign were clear for all to see.

They began strongly and led inside the fifth minute when Gale embarked on a dangerous run and drove at the heart of the Rhinos’ defence.

His progress was halted but the ball was worked back to the England Knights playmaker and he flighted a high kick to the right corner.

Danny Williams, another player to come through the ranks at Headingley, challenged with Tom Briscoe for the ball and it fell fortuitously into his path and he touched down.

Gale could not convert but the try visibly poured confidence into Lowes’ players.

After all, if they could put the champions to the sword five days earlier, why not Leeds too?

Yet the hosts steadied themselves and began to ask some questions of the Bulls’ defence, with Jay Pitts denying Mitch Achurch with one of several important tackles by the former Rhinos man.

Bradford were forced to defend doggedly again when Jamal Fakir lost the ball 20 metres from his own line but, moments later, more impish footwork from the outstanding Gale almost sent James Donaldson through a gap.

But Leeds replied in the 15th minute when some neat handling across the face of the Bulls defence culminated in Zak Hardaker finding Achurch.

The second-rower showed some fine footwork to sidestep through the Bradford defence and score from close range inside the right channel.

Hardaker failed to convert and fit-again Dale Ferguson soon came on to replace Tom Olbison for his first appearance in two months.

Handling errors continued to undermined both sides, especially Leeds, who could not make their numerical advantage pay after Adam Sidlow was sent to the sinbin in the 22nd minute.

The prop, who this week agreed a new one-year deal, was deemed guilty of interference after Josh Walters made an exhilarating long-range break which saw Elliot Kear halt his progress.

The Bulls were then forced to drop out after a teasing kick from Rob Burrow and moments later Rhinos winger Ben Jones-Bishop was helped off the field with a serious-looking knee injury after he and Matty Blythe contested Burrow’s high kick.

Sidlow came back on in the 33rd minute but the scores remained 4-4 heading into the break.

Three minutes after the break, Sidlow broke the Leeds’ line with a fine run which saw him find Kear in support.

The Wales international was stopped ten metres short but, in the 49th minute, Bradford scored through Gale.

The Castleford-bound scrum-half showed notable inventiveness to chip forward before collecting, with the ball falling kindly to him to ground with ease in front of the Bulls supporters.

Gale added the extras but Leeds were soon level when a kick from McGuire fell kindly into the path of Brett Delaney, who had a simple task to touch down.

Hardaker’s goal tied the scores at 10-10 but Leeds continued to lack cohesion and the Bulls edged back in front in the 64th minute as Gale scored a penalty to make it 12-10 after Leeds were guilty of holding down.

Leeds forged back in front when Luke Briscoe scored in the right corner but Bradford were not finished.

They snatched the win in the 74th minute as Gaskell, who has committed himself to the club for next season’s Championship campaign, showed impressive footwork to collect a pass from Gale and gallop clear in front of the jubilant Bulls supporters.

Gale converted and then booted a last-minute penalty to seal a famous win.

Comments (32)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:20am Sat 2 Aug 14

Solomon Grundy says...

Brilliant!!!
Brilliant!!! Solomon Grundy
  • Score: 7

7:59am Sat 2 Aug 14

Shipley Paul says...

Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result!
Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result! Shipley Paul
  • Score: 30

8:14am Sat 2 Aug 14

monobrow man says...

Shipley Paul wrote:
Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result!
Kearney, foster, diskin, walker, purtell, George all starters at beginning of year not to mention sammut and scrutton, Leeds had first choice hooker, scrum half, stand off and fullback they should be able to put any team around that
[quote][p][bold]Shipley Paul[/bold] wrote: Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result![/p][/quote]Kearney, foster, diskin, walker, purtell, George all starters at beginning of year not to mention sammut and scrutton, Leeds had first choice hooker, scrum half, stand off and fullback they should be able to put any team around that monobrow man
  • Score: 20

8:20am Sat 2 Aug 14

Mumby was the best says...

Shipley Paul wrote:
Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result!
Totally agree. Brian Mac picked a team to beat us they needed the points to maintain a push for top spot. He took a risk and rested players but still thought they could do the job. As Monobrow points out we were well below strength as well. Oh how I wish Jimmy had been put in charge after the Wigan away game when it was obvious something was wrong. Nevermind COYB.
[quote][p][bold]Shipley Paul[/bold] wrote: Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result![/p][/quote]Totally agree. Brian Mac picked a team to beat us they needed the points to maintain a push for top spot. He took a risk and rested players but still thought they could do the job. As Monobrow points out we were well below strength as well. Oh how I wish Jimmy had been put in charge after the Wigan away game when it was obvious something was wrong. Nevermind COYB. Mumby was the best
  • Score: 11

9:24am Sat 2 Aug 14

Bone_idle18 says...

monobrow man wrote:
Shipley Paul wrote:
Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result!
Kearney, foster, diskin, walker, purtell, George all starters at beginning of year not to mention sammut and scrutton, Leeds had first choice hooker, scrum half, stand off and fullback they should be able to put any team around that
Or, put it another way, how many England internationals did Leeds field? Leeds fans are deluded as usual.
[quote][p][bold]monobrow man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Shipley Paul[/bold] wrote: Just a bit fed up hearing about depleted Leeds. Looking at the team sheet not many players I didn't know on the Rhinos side and with all the Bulls departed stars watching on TV or playing in France last night I reckon it was about even in the weakened team stakes. Outstanding result![/p][/quote]Kearney, foster, diskin, walker, purtell, George all starters at beginning of year not to mention sammut and scrutton, Leeds had first choice hooker, scrum half, stand off and fullback they should be able to put any team around that[/p][/quote]Or, put it another way, how many England internationals did Leeds field? Leeds fans are deluded as usual. Bone_idle18
  • Score: 10

10:14am Sat 2 Aug 14

Ship rock says...

I'm sure it was the same excuses last year when we beat Huddersfield at home, saying they played kids but so did we our squad was low but no excuses we dug deep and won that game too. Sick of everyone saying Leeds fielded youngsters grow up and take ya beating like men
I'm sure it was the same excuses last year when we beat Huddersfield at home, saying they played kids but so did we our squad was low but no excuses we dug deep and won that game too. Sick of everyone saying Leeds fielded youngsters grow up and take ya beating like men Ship rock
  • Score: 9

10:58am Sat 2 Aug 14

Solomon Grundy says...

Ignore all that rubbish about weakened team, same as last week Shaun wane being angry and disappointed that his team didn't turn up. They did turn up, and they got beat like leeds did last night. COYB!!
Ignore all that rubbish about weakened team, same as last week Shaun wane being angry and disappointed that his team didn't turn up. They did turn up, and they got beat like leeds did last night. COYB!! Solomon Grundy
  • Score: 6

11:21am Sat 2 Aug 14

Mike Strutter says...

Who cares, enjoy the championship next year guys ;-)
Who cares, enjoy the championship next year guys ;-) Mike Strutter
  • Score: -12

11:38am Sat 2 Aug 14

raisemeup says...

The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB raisemeup
  • Score: 8

12:12pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Clarky11 says...

, 2 great results in a week, not been a better week for the bulls in a long time , just half baked excuses from leeds
, 2 great results in a week, not been a better week for the bulls in a long time , just half baked excuses from leeds Clarky11
  • Score: 5

12:20pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -15

1:10pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Bone_idle18 says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely.

They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure?

Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike.

We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely. They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure? Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike. We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour. Bone_idle18
  • Score: 10

1:20pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely.

They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure?

Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike.

We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.
Lets see how next season works first.
I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.
[quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely. They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure? Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike. We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.[/p][/quote]Lets see how next season works first. I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -2

3:38pm Sat 2 Aug 14

axelf1963 says...

Bulls will NOT get back into SL for a few years TVOR
Bulls will NOT get back into SL for a few years TVOR axelf1963
  • Score: -15

3:59pm Sat 2 Aug 14

BCFC LAD says says...

axelf1963 wrote:
Bulls will NOT get back into SL for a few years TVOR
Oh look Cliffy is looking for friends. Its lonely when no one likes you. So sad.
[quote][p][bold]axelf1963[/bold] wrote: Bulls will NOT get back into SL for a few years TVOR[/p][/quote]Oh look Cliffy is looking for friends. Its lonely when no one likes you. So sad. BCFC LAD says
  • Score: 4

4:27pm Sat 2 Aug 14

salford red says...

well done bulls..great win
well done bulls..great win salford red
  • Score: 13

4:45pm Sat 2 Aug 14

axelf1963 says...

Bcfc lass good afternoon, Will you be my friend too ?
Bcfc lass good afternoon, Will you be my friend too ? axelf1963
  • Score: -6

5:28pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Bone_idle18 says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely.

They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure?

Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike.

We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.
Lets see how next season works first.
I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.
Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop.

Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely. They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure? Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike. We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.[/p][/quote]Lets see how next season works first. I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.[/p][/quote]Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop. Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall. Bone_idle18
  • Score: 4

7:00pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely.

They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure?

Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike.

We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.
Lets see how next season works first.
I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.
Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop.

Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.
The new format starts to bridge the salary cap difference. This years is about 300k, imagine Bulls having to fit to that.
[quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely. They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure? Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike. We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.[/p][/quote]Lets see how next season works first. I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.[/p][/quote]Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop. Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.[/p][/quote]The new format starts to bridge the salary cap difference. This years is about 300k, imagine Bulls having to fit to that. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -4

9:46pm Sat 2 Aug 14

tunnel end al says...

Mike Strutter wrote:
Who cares, enjoy the championship next year guys ;-)
boo hoo yid, come on the wire give it to em and don't forget we will be back to give you another beating wont be long before you lot start putting your scarves and shirts back in the loft COYB
[quote][p][bold]Mike Strutter[/bold] wrote: Who cares, enjoy the championship next year guys ;-)[/p][/quote]boo hoo yid, come on the wire give it to em and don't forget we will be back to give you another beating wont be long before you lot start putting your scarves and shirts back in the loft COYB tunnel end al
  • Score: 4

11:54pm Sat 2 Aug 14

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
Who threw you a bun?
Not only do you misread the article, you misquote the meanings for your own particular agenda!
So much so that methinks the red mist that appears in front of your eyes clouds your judgement to the extent that you attempt to obscure the facts, to make a case for a comment being somehow to do with a siege mentality from the writer.
Re read the item and ask yourself where the victim mentality is apparent?
An injustice was done to the Bulls insofar that no other team that was ever in that position has faced..ie we had to forego £1.2 million, which is indisputable. So why call me the idiot?
Who said anything about our turnstiles or blaming the RFL for it:
If you understood anything about Marketing you would realise that the best Markets are always where the most people are> A fact that is basic to anyone who understands the concept. this is the point I raised. That you didn't understand it was not my fault. Others have seemed to grasp it??
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]Who threw you a bun? Not only do you misread the article, you misquote the meanings for your own particular agenda! So much so that methinks the red mist that appears in front of your eyes clouds your judgement to the extent that you attempt to obscure the facts, to make a case for a comment being somehow to do with a siege mentality from the writer. Re read the item and ask yourself where the victim mentality is apparent? An injustice was done to the Bulls insofar that no other team that was ever in that position has faced..ie we had to forego £1.2 million, which is indisputable. So why call me the idiot? Who said anything about our turnstiles or blaming the RFL for it: If you understood anything about Marketing you would realise that the best Markets are always where the most people are> A fact that is basic to anyone who understands the concept. this is the point I raised. That you didn't understand it was not my fault. Others have seemed to grasp it?? raisemeup
  • Score: 5

9:00am Sun 3 Aug 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
Who threw you a bun?
Not only do you misread the article, you misquote the meanings for your own particular agenda!
So much so that methinks the red mist that appears in front of your eyes clouds your judgement to the extent that you attempt to obscure the facts, to make a case for a comment being somehow to do with a siege mentality from the writer.
Re read the item and ask yourself where the victim mentality is apparent?
An injustice was done to the Bulls insofar that no other team that was ever in that position has faced..ie we had to forego £1.2 million, which is indisputable. So why call me the idiot?
Who said anything about our turnstiles or blaming the RFL for it:
If you understood anything about Marketing you would realise that the best Markets are always where the most people are> A fact that is basic to anyone who understands the concept. this is the point I raised. That you didn't understand it was not my fault. Others have seemed to grasp it??
Talking of facts. The Bulls had £1.5m of debt written off 1st admin and £1.2m written off second admin.
The had to give up £1.2m of central funding.
Therefore the Bulls had £1.5m of debt the didn't have to service but you look at it with tinted glasses and tell us how the Bulls were cheated for spending way more than they could afford.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]Who threw you a bun? Not only do you misread the article, you misquote the meanings for your own particular agenda! So much so that methinks the red mist that appears in front of your eyes clouds your judgement to the extent that you attempt to obscure the facts, to make a case for a comment being somehow to do with a siege mentality from the writer. Re read the item and ask yourself where the victim mentality is apparent? An injustice was done to the Bulls insofar that no other team that was ever in that position has faced..ie we had to forego £1.2 million, which is indisputable. So why call me the idiot? Who said anything about our turnstiles or blaming the RFL for it: If you understood anything about Marketing you would realise that the best Markets are always where the most people are> A fact that is basic to anyone who understands the concept. this is the point I raised. That you didn't understand it was not my fault. Others have seemed to grasp it??[/p][/quote]Talking of facts. The Bulls had £1.5m of debt written off 1st admin and £1.2m written off second admin. The had to give up £1.2m of central funding. Therefore the Bulls had £1.5m of debt the didn't have to service but you look at it with tinted glasses and tell us how the Bulls were cheated for spending way more than they could afford. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -7

9:40am Sun 3 Aug 14

northern pig says...

The best two weeks we have had this year,yet the doomsayers, nit pickers , and manic depressive's are still not happy.I can laugh at the trolls but some of our so called supporters are just happy arguing with one another, The rank bad management of the club, for last several years as been well documented on these forums all season,we have washed our dirty linen enough i think,So put another record on guys and give us all a break.
The best two weeks we have had this year,yet the doomsayers, nit pickers , and manic depressive's are still not happy.I can laugh at the trolls but some of our so called supporters are just happy arguing with one another, The rank bad management of the club, for last several years as been well documented on these forums all season,we have washed our dirty linen enough i think,So put another record on guys and give us all a break. northern pig
  • Score: 6

10:08am Sun 3 Aug 14

beverleyhills cop returns says...

axelf1963 wrote:
Bulls will NOT get back into SL for a few years TVOR
Don't get a job a bookies pilchard as before you said wigan by sixty wrong and now you say we are staying in championship crack on pilchard
[quote][p][bold]axelf1963[/bold] wrote: Bulls will NOT get back into SL for a few years TVOR[/p][/quote]Don't get a job a bookies pilchard as before you said wigan by sixty wrong and now you say we are staying in championship crack on pilchard beverleyhills cop returns
  • Score: 1

10:41am Sun 3 Aug 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

even though we are relegated and certain players have only started to perform in a late attempt to secure themselves SL contracts for next season; it is good to see that we can still have an influence on the way the top end of the table will finish this year.

Leeds wrote us off and paid the price.

Good to see JL has turned the team into one that can go out with a bang rather than the whimper we were all expecting.
even though we are relegated and certain players have only started to perform in a late attempt to secure themselves SL contracts for next season; it is good to see that we can still have an influence on the way the top end of the table will finish this year. Leeds wrote us off and paid the price. Good to see JL has turned the team into one that can go out with a bang rather than the whimper we were all expecting. fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: 3

10:54am Sun 3 Aug 14

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
Who threw you a bun?
Not only do you misread the article, you misquote the meanings for your own particular agenda!
So much so that methinks the red mist that appears in front of your eyes clouds your judgement to the extent that you attempt to obscure the facts, to make a case for a comment being somehow to do with a siege mentality from the writer.
Re read the item and ask yourself where the victim mentality is apparent?
An injustice was done to the Bulls insofar that no other team that was ever in that position has faced..ie we had to forego £1.2 million, which is indisputable. So why call me the idiot?
Who said anything about our turnstiles or blaming the RFL for it:
If you understood anything about Marketing you would realise that the best Markets are always where the most people are> A fact that is basic to anyone who understands the concept. this is the point I raised. That you didn't understand it was not my fault. Others have seemed to grasp it??
Talking of facts. The Bulls had £1.5m of debt written off 1st admin and £1.2m written off second admin.
The had to give up £1.2m of central funding.
Therefore the Bulls had £1.5m of debt the didn't have to service but you look at it with tinted glasses and tell us how the Bulls were cheated for spending way more than they could afford.
Again not the point I raised, tell me what that has got to do with anything at this moment?
If the £1.2m deducted was a penalty, the right thing surely would have been to begin the process of paying it back to those creditors, or investing it into the youth structure> Did your mentors(RFL) do that, if the answer is yes!
I'll concede you have a point??
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]Who threw you a bun? Not only do you misread the article, you misquote the meanings for your own particular agenda! So much so that methinks the red mist that appears in front of your eyes clouds your judgement to the extent that you attempt to obscure the facts, to make a case for a comment being somehow to do with a siege mentality from the writer. Re read the item and ask yourself where the victim mentality is apparent? An injustice was done to the Bulls insofar that no other team that was ever in that position has faced..ie we had to forego £1.2 million, which is indisputable. So why call me the idiot? Who said anything about our turnstiles or blaming the RFL for it: If you understood anything about Marketing you would realise that the best Markets are always where the most people are> A fact that is basic to anyone who understands the concept. this is the point I raised. That you didn't understand it was not my fault. Others have seemed to grasp it??[/p][/quote]Talking of facts. The Bulls had £1.5m of debt written off 1st admin and £1.2m written off second admin. The had to give up £1.2m of central funding. Therefore the Bulls had £1.5m of debt the didn't have to service but you look at it with tinted glasses and tell us how the Bulls were cheated for spending way more than they could afford.[/p][/quote]Again not the point I raised, tell me what that has got to do with anything at this moment? If the £1.2m deducted was a penalty, the right thing surely would have been to begin the process of paying it back to those creditors, or investing it into the youth structure> Did your mentors(RFL) do that, if the answer is yes! I'll concede you have a point?? raisemeup
  • Score: 4

11:04am Sun 3 Aug 14

raisemeup says...

northern pig wrote:
The best two weeks we have had this year,yet the doomsayers, nit pickers , and manic depressive's are still not happy.I can laugh at the trolls but some of our so called supporters are just happy arguing with one another, The rank bad management of the club, for last several years as been well documented on these forums all season,we have washed our dirty linen enough i think,So put another record on guys and give us all a break.
Apologies NP you are absolutely right.
Let's not spoil what is an indication of the future. see quote:
" Whatever may betide we pin our faith in Rugby play, and stick up for our side" extract: from an article written in 1911 when Northern won a cup tie game at Birch Lane against all the odds. Think we were playing Halifax.
COYB

PS Got that from TVORs portfolio of facts reference the Bulls??? (not really)
[quote][p][bold]northern pig[/bold] wrote: The best two weeks we have had this year,yet the doomsayers, nit pickers , and manic depressive's are still not happy.I can laugh at the trolls but some of our so called supporters are just happy arguing with one another, The rank bad management of the club, for last several years as been well documented on these forums all season,we have washed our dirty linen enough i think,So put another record on guys and give us all a break.[/p][/quote]Apologies NP you are absolutely right. Let's not spoil what is an indication of the future. see quote: " Whatever may betide we pin our faith in Rugby play, and stick up for our side" extract: from an article written in 1911 when Northern won a cup tie game at Birch Lane against all the odds. Think we were playing Halifax. COYB PS Got that from TVORs portfolio of facts reference the Bulls??? (not really) raisemeup
  • Score: 4

4:48pm Sun 3 Aug 14

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely.

They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure?

Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike.

We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.
Lets see how next season works first.
I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.
Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop.

Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.
The new format starts to bridge the salary cap difference. This years is about 300k, imagine Bulls having to fit to that.
Where did you get that figure from, is that the championship cap for 2014 you are talking about???
Confused.com
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely. They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure? Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike. We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.[/p][/quote]Lets see how next season works first. I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.[/p][/quote]Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop. Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.[/p][/quote]The new format starts to bridge the salary cap difference. This years is about 300k, imagine Bulls having to fit to that.[/p][/quote]Where did you get that figure from, is that the championship cap for 2014 you are talking about??? Confused.com raisemeup
  • Score: 0

4:59pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Bone_idle18 wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill.

Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters.
The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really.
Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved?
COYB
You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.
To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely.

They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure?

Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike.

We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.
Lets see how next season works first.
I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.
Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop.

Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.
The new format starts to bridge the salary cap difference. This years is about 300k, imagine Bulls having to fit to that.
Where did you get that figure from, is that the championship cap for 2014 you are talking about???
Confused.com
The clue was when I said this years. I know that us difficult for you to understand. http://www.therfl.co
.uk/the-rfl/rules/in
teractive_operationa
l_rules?section=E2
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bone_idle18[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The worst part of that game was getting wet, but hardly noticeable after that superb result..which was not a relegated team performance neither in style of play or skill. Between Leeds and us we have over 1.3 million population, I am informed the crowd figure was over 16,000 supporters. The RFL must be seriously inept to not capitalise on a Market as potentionally big as Bradford...how much help did they give us to ensure Bradford remained in the top flight? Well they helped to take £1.2 million from our survival fund...that says it all really. Still with the new ownership and the right people in the right places at the Bulls, let's hope we don't need any help from them. it's like the kiss of death when they get involved? COYB[/p][/quote]You really are an idiot. Still out with the victim game, critical of a crowd 6k more than Bradford have managed this season and blaming the fact people.don't go through the turnstiles on the RFL.[/p][/quote]To be fair, the RFL had a great opportunity to build on the exposure the game received for the world cup, however, the failed to capitalise completely. They have tied us into a further 5 years of sky, even though other channels were interested, maybe we could have taken led money for more free to air exposure? Instead they have implemented an I'll conceived and convoluted league structure for next season that is alienating fans and potential fans alike. We need world class leadership and marketing, but all we have is amateur hour.[/p][/quote]Lets see how next season works first. I predict a large increase in interest in the championship which can only help the game. In the Super League same teams end up at the top anyhow and I can't see the new structure changing that.[/p][/quote]Time will tell, but I'm predicting a change in a year or two. Maybe even back to a closed shop. Especially if the bottom SL clubs stay up easily due to the massive salary cap discrepancy. I hope I'm wrong, the the playing field is less level than the old Thrum Hall.[/p][/quote]The new format starts to bridge the salary cap difference. This years is about 300k, imagine Bulls having to fit to that.[/p][/quote]Where did you get that figure from, is that the championship cap for 2014 you are talking about??? Confused.com[/p][/quote]The clue was when I said this years. I know that us difficult for you to understand. http://www.therfl.co .uk/the-rfl/rules/in teractive_operationa l_rules?section=E2 Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

5:14pm Sun 3 Aug 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Next year with a cap of £1m compared to the current £300k cap allowed in the championship should see championship sides bridge the gap a little. A defeatist attitude of the gap is too big isn't what Jimmy will instill in the squad unlike many on here.
Next year with a cap of £1m compared to the current £300k cap allowed in the championship should see championship sides bridge the gap a little. A defeatist attitude of the gap is too big isn't what Jimmy will instill in the squad unlike many on here. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Sun 3 Aug 14

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Next year with a cap of £1m compared to the current £300k cap allowed in the championship should see championship sides bridge the gap a little. A defeatist attitude of the gap is too big isn't what Jimmy will instill in the squad unlike many on here.
Not checked that:
300k salary cap isn't condusive to competing at any level
is it?
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Next year with a cap of £1m compared to the current £300k cap allowed in the championship should see championship sides bridge the gap a little. A defeatist attitude of the gap is too big isn't what Jimmy will instill in the squad unlike many on here.[/p][/quote]Not checked that: 300k salary cap isn't condusive to competing at any level is it? raisemeup
  • Score: 1

10:12pm Sun 3 Aug 14

bradfordbronco says...

The cap at present is irrelevant because they don't have to compete with SL clubs. Under the present system a club like Widnes in the championship who were awarded a 3 year franchise got exactly the same as all the other SL clubs from central funded and the same salary cap once they competed with the other SL clubs

Next year, although the championship teams get more than at present, they are still expected to compete with bottom 4 SL clubs for a place in SL whilst not being able to spend the same on players. Hardly a fair system!

Still don't criticise the RFL or TVOR will jump down your throat. He's their only fan!
The cap at present is irrelevant because they don't have to compete with SL clubs. Under the present system a club like Widnes in the championship who were awarded a 3 year franchise got exactly the same as all the other SL clubs from central funded and the same salary cap once they competed with the other SL clubs Next year, although the championship teams get more than at present, they are still expected to compete with bottom 4 SL clubs for a place in SL whilst not being able to spend the same on players. Hardly a fair system! Still don't criticise the RFL or TVOR will jump down your throat. He's their only fan! bradfordbronco
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree