Numbers will add up before season starts, promises Bantams boss

Jon McLaughlin has yet to commit his future to the club

Jon McLaughlin has yet to commit his future to the club

First published in Sport Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Photograph of the Author by , Bradford Bulls Reporter

CITY boss Phil Parkinson is targeting five new players before the start of the new season.

Following a raft of departures since the end of last term, the Bantams’ squad is in need of bolstering ahead of the big kick-off on August 9.

Parkinson has recruited Matty Dolan, Billy Knott, Gary Liddle, Alan Sheehan and Billy Clarke but he accepts that several more new faces are still needed.

James Meredith’s time at Valley Parade is almost certainly over after he failed to respond to the club’s offer of a new and improved deal, so Parkinson is seeking a back-up left back to Sheehan.

With question marks also hanging over the future of goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin, who has yet to sign the deal City have offered him, Parkinson could require two new stoppers.

The Bantams chief said: “The goalkeeping situation needs resolving. Jon is away at the moment and we obviously need two goalkeepers.

“I would like another player in at left back, so that’s three, and possibly another two on top of that – so it’s five players still to come in.

“But that might not be complete right up until the last week before the season starts.”

Last week also saw Kyel Reid confirm his departure from City and sign for Preston on a two-year deal following his recovery from a knee injury which sidelined him for the second half of last season.

Parkinson paid tribute to the winger but admitted not relocating his young family to West Yorkshire during his time at Bradford had caused problems.

“I had a chat with Kyel and the chairmen and we wanted to see him come back for pre-season and show us that he was over the knee injury,” explained Parkinson.

“More importantly for me, and I’d said this for the last few years, he’d had his girlfriend and little baby living down in London.

“Logistically, that had caused a few problems for him and I felt that I wanted him to be more settled in the area.

“That was almost as much an issue as the injury and he has signed for Preston, so I take it that they’re happy with his knee and his living situation.

“But Kyel had done great for us and I think sometimes as a player you need a fresh challenge.

“Sometimes it’s good for the manager and the coaches to bring new players in to stimulate everybody at the football club.

“If you look at the squad, we’re still short on numbers and wide positions are a particular area we need to improve on.”

Comments (30)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:05am Mon 30 Jun 14

lawsonio123 says...

It all seems to be coming together now let us all have faith in Mr Parkinson I am sure he will do a very good job for City indeed he has already done that so have faith there is a good season ahead
It all seems to be coming together now let us all have faith in Mr Parkinson I am sure he will do a very good job for City indeed he has already done that so have faith there is a good season ahead lawsonio123
  • Score: 24

12:15pm Mon 30 Jun 14

silverbantam says...

@ParkerTandA: Jon McLaughlin expected at first day of training tomorrow according to PP ... #bcafc
@ParkerTandA: Jon McLaughlin expected at first day of training tomorrow according to PP ... #bcafc silverbantam
  • Score: 3

1:07pm Mon 30 Jun 14

bmt1980 says...

What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.
What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted. bmt1980
  • Score: 14

1:09pm Mon 30 Jun 14

bmt1980 says...

"takes"
"takes" bmt1980
  • Score: 2

1:30pm Mon 30 Jun 14

whisky1 says...

And the award for Prize chimp of the day goes to.....
And the award for Prize chimp of the day goes to..... whisky1
  • Score: -15

1:31pm Mon 30 Jun 14

whisky1 says...

.....bmt1980
.....bmt1980 whisky1
  • Score: -12

1:41pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Michael Clayton says...

bmt1980 wrote:
What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.
Clearly, you expect him to kowtow on the basis that you do not think that he is quite up to it. However, I very much doubt that you know why he has not signed a new contract yet.

You might not be "swanning off" on holiday but he is entitled to do what he wants. It is his life and I do not see what place you have commenting on it.
[quote][p][bold]bmt1980[/bold] wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.[/p][/quote]Clearly, you expect him to kowtow on the basis that you do not think that he is quite up to it. However, I very much doubt that you know why he has not signed a new contract yet. You might not be "swanning off" on holiday but he is entitled to do what he wants. It is his life and I do not see what place you have commenting on it. Michael Clayton
  • Score: -2

1:43pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Michael Clayton says...

Michael Clayton wrote:
bmt1980 wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.
Clearly, you expect him to kowtow on the basis that you do not think that he is quite up to it. However, I very much doubt that you know why he has not signed a new contract yet. You might not be "swanning off" on holiday but he is entitled to do what he wants. It is his life and I do not see what place you have commenting on it.
I will also add that you are effectively calling the manager a liar is you think that the "still away" line is an excuse.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bmt1980[/bold] wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.[/p][/quote]Clearly, you expect him to kowtow on the basis that you do not think that he is quite up to it. However, I very much doubt that you know why he has not signed a new contract yet. You might not be "swanning off" on holiday but he is entitled to do what he wants. It is his life and I do not see what place you have commenting on it.[/p][/quote]I will also add that you are effectively calling the manager a liar is you think that the "still away" line is an excuse. Michael Clayton
  • Score: -8

2:19pm Mon 30 Jun 14

jackez20591 says...

All coming together. But we are badly short in wide positions.

We need 2/3 pacy wingers to replace reach, reid, bennett and thompson.
All coming together. But we are badly short in wide positions. We need 2/3 pacy wingers to replace reach, reid, bennett and thompson. jackez20591
  • Score: 12

2:29pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Olivermac says...

bmt1980 wrote:
What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.
I agree let him go back to Harrogate Town and get a decent replacement Parky.
[quote][p][bold]bmt1980[/bold] wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.[/p][/quote]I agree let him go back to Harrogate Town and get a decent replacement Parky. Olivermac
  • Score: 11

2:46pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Statler4 says...

Michael Clayton wrote:
bmt1980 wrote:
What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.
Clearly, you expect him to kowtow on the basis that you do not think that he is quite up to it. However, I very much doubt that you know why he has not signed a new contract yet.

You might not be "swanning off" on holiday but he is entitled to do what he wants. It is his life and I do not see what place you have commenting on it.
Apparently, some people regard JM as a charity case who should be eternally grateful we employ him as a professional footballer. He can't simply take a holiday like anyone else, he "swans off" when clearly he should be on his knees at Valley Parade begging for new contract. There are better keepers around but the idea that we could get a far better one or even two is a joke. Too many people want to dwell on this player's perceived weaknesses and ignore his supreme and superior athletic abilities.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bmt1980[/bold] wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.[/p][/quote]Clearly, you expect him to kowtow on the basis that you do not think that he is quite up to it. However, I very much doubt that you know why he has not signed a new contract yet. You might not be "swanning off" on holiday but he is entitled to do what he wants. It is his life and I do not see what place you have commenting on it.[/p][/quote]Apparently, some people regard JM as a charity case who should be eternally grateful we employ him as a professional footballer. He can't simply take a holiday like anyone else, he "swans off" when clearly he should be on his knees at Valley Parade begging for new contract. There are better keepers around but the idea that we could get a far better one or even two is a joke. Too many people want to dwell on this player's perceived weaknesses and ignore his supreme and superior athletic abilities. Statler4
  • Score: 0

2:50pm Mon 30 Jun 14

rinkydink says...

jackez20591 wrote:
All coming together. But we are badly short in wide positions.

We need 2/3 pacy wingers to replace reach, reid, bennett and thompson.
Thompson was Pacey?

Bennett and Reach were loan players and when did we get them in?

IPWT.. Rome wasnt built in a day.
[quote][p][bold]jackez20591[/bold] wrote: All coming together. But we are badly short in wide positions. We need 2/3 pacy wingers to replace reach, reid, bennett and thompson.[/p][/quote]Thompson was Pacey? Bennett and Reach were loan players and when did we get them in? IPWT.. Rome wasnt built in a day. rinkydink
  • Score: 2

3:29pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Michael Clayton says...

Olivermac wrote:
bmt1980 wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.
I agree let him go back to Harrogate Town and get a decent replacement Parky.
That comment is an insult to McLaughlin and to Harrogate Town. What makes you think that you can laud it in such an arrogant way?
[quote][p][bold]Olivermac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bmt1980[/bold] wrote: What is McLaughlin playing at? The excuse that "Jon is still away" doesnt stack up. If I was employed on a fixed term contract, I would not be swanning off on holiday before I knew I would have a job to come back to. I hope we are taking a couple of hundred pounds from the wage we are offering for each day he tkaes the pi$$. In all fairness, he isnt that good a player and we certainly cant be hanging around missing out on far better keepers just because he can make a decision. Revoke the contratc offer and move on Parky - he's not worth the time wasted.[/p][/quote]I agree let him go back to Harrogate Town and get a decent replacement Parky.[/p][/quote]That comment is an insult to McLaughlin and to Harrogate Town. What makes you think that you can laud it in such an arrogant way? Michael Clayton
  • Score: -6

4:04pm Mon 30 Jun 14

lawsonio123 says...

Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts
Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts lawsonio123
  • Score: 2

4:38pm Mon 30 Jun 14

callumbj says...

Like he promised new players by the end of jan window but never deliver. The squad needs more than five players and their are many out of contract players that fit the bill. We need at least two more central midfielders, at least 2 more wingers if not 3. we need at least one more striker and 2 new goalkeepers as Mclaughlin has proven consistency isn't his strong point. they also need at least 2 more defenders as at the moment they only have two league one quality centre halfs and one of them managed to get relegated last season. The squad needs shaking up like in Parkys first summer at the club but so far all they have brought in is two relegated defenders, ANOTHER Middlesbrough reject, a past it left back and a striker who only scored 7 goals in all comps last season and got sent off twice.
Like he promised new players by the end of jan window but never deliver. The squad needs more than five players and their are many out of contract players that fit the bill. We need at least two more central midfielders, at least 2 more wingers if not 3. we need at least one more striker and 2 new goalkeepers as Mclaughlin has proven consistency isn't his strong point. they also need at least 2 more defenders as at the moment they only have two league one quality centre halfs and one of them managed to get relegated last season. The squad needs shaking up like in Parkys first summer at the club but so far all they have brought in is two relegated defenders, ANOTHER Middlesbrough reject, a past it left back and a striker who only scored 7 goals in all comps last season and got sent off twice. callumbj
  • Score: -14

4:47pm Mon 30 Jun 14

callumbj says...

lawsonio123 wrote:
Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts
This is true as we have had worse taking Simon Eastwood for example. However, the club needs to improve to be able to move forward and Jon simply isn't good enough. You know you're bad if you spend the majority of a season behind Matt Duke and only get put back into the side because he got sent off at Wembley.
[quote][p][bold]lawsonio123[/bold] wrote: Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts[/p][/quote]This is true as we have had worse taking Simon Eastwood for example. However, the club needs to improve to be able to move forward and Jon simply isn't good enough. You know you're bad if you spend the majority of a season behind Matt Duke and only get put back into the side because he got sent off at Wembley. callumbj
  • Score: 4

6:50pm Mon 30 Jun 14

BirchLane-1964 says...

Paddy Kenny being lined up as next keeper
Paddy Kenny being lined up as next keeper BirchLane-1964
  • Score: -7

6:54pm Mon 30 Jun 14

callumbj says...

As if Paddy Kenny would come to Bradford and as if we could afford his wages, he is unlikely to take a pay cut.
As if Paddy Kenny would come to Bradford and as if we could afford his wages, he is unlikely to take a pay cut. callumbj
  • Score: 0

6:56pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Waynus1971 says...

callumbj wrote:
Like he promised new players by the end of jan window but never deliver. The squad needs more than five players and their are many out of contract players that fit the bill. We need at least two more central midfielders, at least 2 more wingers if not 3. we need at least one more striker and 2 new goalkeepers as Mclaughlin has proven consistency isn't his strong point. they also need at least 2 more defenders as at the moment they only have two league one quality centre halfs and one of them managed to get relegated last season. The squad needs shaking up like in Parkys first summer at the club but so far all they have brought in is two relegated defenders, ANOTHER Middlesbrough reject, a past it left back and a striker who only scored 7 goals in all comps last season and got sent off twice.
Which defenders got relegated last season? How many central midfielders do you want? Whether you like it or not, we have 4 in that position already. Where is this money coming from to bring in all these extra players? And if you think you an get a better keeper on the same money as Jon Mc, then you are wrong!!!
[quote][p][bold]callumbj[/bold] wrote: Like he promised new players by the end of jan window but never deliver. The squad needs more than five players and their are many out of contract players that fit the bill. We need at least two more central midfielders, at least 2 more wingers if not 3. we need at least one more striker and 2 new goalkeepers as Mclaughlin has proven consistency isn't his strong point. they also need at least 2 more defenders as at the moment they only have two league one quality centre halfs and one of them managed to get relegated last season. The squad needs shaking up like in Parkys first summer at the club but so far all they have brought in is two relegated defenders, ANOTHER Middlesbrough reject, a past it left back and a striker who only scored 7 goals in all comps last season and got sent off twice.[/p][/quote]Which defenders got relegated last season? How many central midfielders do you want? Whether you like it or not, we have 4 in that position already. Where is this money coming from to bring in all these extra players? And if you think you an get a better keeper on the same money as Jon Mc, then you are wrong!!! Waynus1971
  • Score: 0

7:52pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Olivermac says...

lawsonio123 wrote:
Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts
It's obvious you are an Harrogate town fan and as for Utter Rubish yes I agree he does have a modicum of ability but not in this Div maybe Northampton Town would be interested. Please tell me which goalkeeper you think is worse over the last two seasons in Div 2 and Div 1 because I have attended all the home and away games and I have not come across any that are worse.
[quote][p][bold]lawsonio123[/bold] wrote: Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts[/p][/quote]It's obvious you are an Harrogate town fan and as for Utter Rubish yes I agree he does have a modicum of ability but not in this Div maybe Northampton Town would be interested. Please tell me which goalkeeper you think is worse over the last two seasons in Div 2 and Div 1 because I have attended all the home and away games and I have not come across any that are worse. Olivermac
  • Score: 1

8:40pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Waynus1971 says...

Some of our fans just don't have a clue. Last season they were clamouring for a goal scoring midfielder; well I don't recall Doyle or Jones weighing in with many, so PP has tried to address it.

Other fans claimed we lacked speed and energy in the middle; as soon as PP tried to do anything about it, he gets accused of getting rid of quality and bringing in players that 'got relegated' or 'almost helped take a team down'!!!!

Meredith got some slating at the beginning of last season and yet, when we bring in another, PP is still hammered!

Just leave him to it ehhh!
Some of our fans just don't have a clue. Last season they were clamouring for a goal scoring midfielder; well I don't recall Doyle or Jones weighing in with many, so PP has tried to address it. Other fans claimed we lacked speed and energy in the middle; as soon as PP tried to do anything about it, he gets accused of getting rid of quality and bringing in players that 'got relegated' or 'almost helped take a team down'!!!! Meredith got some slating at the beginning of last season and yet, when we bring in another, PP is still hammered! Just leave him to it ehhh! Waynus1971
  • Score: 4

9:41pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Statler4 says...

Olivermac wrote:
lawsonio123 wrote:
Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts
It's obvious you are an Harrogate town fan and as for Utter Rubish yes I agree he does have a modicum of ability but not in this Div maybe Northampton Town would be interested. Please tell me which goalkeeper you think is worse over the last two seasons in Div 2 and Div 1 because I have attended all the home and away games and I have not come across any that are worse.
The seventh best record in the division in his first season at this level and you're claiming you haven't seen any worse goalkeepers.
[quote][p][bold]Olivermac[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lawsonio123[/bold] wrote: Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts[/p][/quote]It's obvious you are an Harrogate town fan and as for Utter Rubish yes I agree he does have a modicum of ability but not in this Div maybe Northampton Town would be interested. Please tell me which goalkeeper you think is worse over the last two seasons in Div 2 and Div 1 because I have attended all the home and away games and I have not come across any that are worse.[/p][/quote]The seventh best record in the division in his first season at this level and you're claiming you haven't seen any worse goalkeepers. Statler4
  • Score: 4

9:51pm Mon 30 Jun 14

CGUM79 says...

If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.
If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse. CGUM79
  • Score: 2

10:15pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Michael Clayton says...

callumbj wrote:
lawsonio123 wrote:
Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts
This is true as we have had worse taking Simon Eastwood for example. However, the club needs to improve to be able to move forward and Jon simply isn't good enough. You know you're bad if you spend the majority of a season behind Matt Duke and only get put back into the side because he got sent off at Wembley.
You must know you are bad when you have to resort to lies to try and win your argument. He did not spend the majority of the season as number 2. More to the point, Matt Duke was a good keeper at League 2 level.
[quote][p][bold]callumbj[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lawsonio123[/bold] wrote: Some People are berating a good goal keeper again has it become the object of the day to have a down on Jan He will resign and as for going back to Harrogate please stop talking Utter Rubbish it is time some of us got off his back City could do a great deal worse between the posts[/p][/quote]This is true as we have had worse taking Simon Eastwood for example. However, the club needs to improve to be able to move forward and Jon simply isn't good enough. You know you're bad if you spend the majority of a season behind Matt Duke and only get put back into the side because he got sent off at Wembley.[/p][/quote]You must know you are bad when you have to resort to lies to try and win your argument. He did not spend the majority of the season as number 2. More to the point, Matt Duke was a good keeper at League 2 level. Michael Clayton
  • Score: 1

10:18pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Michael Clayton says...

CGUM79 wrote:
If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.
Utter crap. Davies was missing half the season. It was McLaughlin, Darby and McArdle that primarily kept City in the division.
[quote][p][bold]CGUM79[/bold] wrote: If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.[/p][/quote]Utter crap. Davies was missing half the season. It was McLaughlin, Darby and McArdle that primarily kept City in the division. Michael Clayton
  • Score: 1

10:25pm Mon 30 Jun 14

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

*Looks at one or two others, shakes head, shrugs.

Losing battle lads, better off watching the WC and come back when there's summat to discuss.
*Looks at one or two others, shakes head, shrugs. Losing battle lads, better off watching the WC and come back when there's summat to discuss. Prisoner Cell Block A
  • Score: 2

10:29am Tue 1 Jul 14

callumbj says...

Waynus1971 wrote:
callumbj wrote:
Like he promised new players by the end of jan window but never deliver. The squad needs more than five players and their are many out of contract players that fit the bill. We need at least two more central midfielders, at least 2 more wingers if not 3. we need at least one more striker and 2 new goalkeepers as Mclaughlin has proven consistency isn't his strong point. they also need at least 2 more defenders as at the moment they only have two league one quality centre halfs and one of them managed to get relegated last season. The squad needs shaking up like in Parkys first summer at the club but so far all they have brought in is two relegated defenders, ANOTHER Middlesbrough reject, a past it left back and a striker who only scored 7 goals in all comps last season and got sent off twice.
Which defenders got relegated last season? How many central midfielders do you want? Whether you like it or not, we have 4 in that position already. Where is this money coming from to bring in all these extra players? And if you think you an get a better keeper on the same money as Jon Mc, then you are wrong!!!
To be fair I meant to put nearly got relegated and I was referring to Liddle and Sheehan. As for the money, there are plenty of players on affordable league one wages that are free agents better than what we have now. Midfield is by far the weakest area and needs strengthening.
[quote][p][bold]Waynus1971[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]callumbj[/bold] wrote: Like he promised new players by the end of jan window but never deliver. The squad needs more than five players and their are many out of contract players that fit the bill. We need at least two more central midfielders, at least 2 more wingers if not 3. we need at least one more striker and 2 new goalkeepers as Mclaughlin has proven consistency isn't his strong point. they also need at least 2 more defenders as at the moment they only have two league one quality centre halfs and one of them managed to get relegated last season. The squad needs shaking up like in Parkys first summer at the club but so far all they have brought in is two relegated defenders, ANOTHER Middlesbrough reject, a past it left back and a striker who only scored 7 goals in all comps last season and got sent off twice.[/p][/quote]Which defenders got relegated last season? How many central midfielders do you want? Whether you like it or not, we have 4 in that position already. Where is this money coming from to bring in all these extra players? And if you think you an get a better keeper on the same money as Jon Mc, then you are wrong!!![/p][/quote]To be fair I meant to put nearly got relegated and I was referring to Liddle and Sheehan. As for the money, there are plenty of players on affordable league one wages that are free agents better than what we have now. Midfield is by far the weakest area and needs strengthening. callumbj
  • Score: 0

12:27pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

Is it the 6 weeks holiday?
Is it the 6 weeks holiday? Prisoner Cell Block A
  • Score: 1

5:26pm Tue 1 Jul 14

citygent7 says...

CGUM79 wrote:
If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.
Alot of the goals he let in last year were because of mistakes by McCardle when Davies was'nt playing.
[quote][p][bold]CGUM79[/bold] wrote: If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.[/p][/quote]Alot of the goals he let in last year were because of mistakes by McCardle when Davies was'nt playing. citygent7
  • Score: 0

9:17pm Tue 1 Jul 14

Michael Clayton says...

citygent7 wrote:
CGUM79 wrote:
If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.
Alot of the goals he let in last year were because of mistakes by McCardle when Davies was'nt playing.
There is a fantastic article in Width of a Post:

http://widthofapost.
com/2014/06/21/parki
nson-forced-to-chang
e-his-high-performin
g-back-five/

"Whatever our personal opinions on individual members of the defence, the perceived failings of Bradford City last season were not at the back".

One of the most accurate comments I have read.
[quote][p][bold]citygent7[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]CGUM79[/bold] wrote: If Jmac is stalling on a deal then he should go as he isn't good enough. He as McArdle needs Davies at the back organising things but still the number of near post goals is shocking. There are better keepers out there so if he's hanging on for something better it might come back to bite him on the arse.[/p][/quote]Alot of the goals he let in last year were because of mistakes by McCardle when Davies was'nt playing.[/p][/quote]There is a fantastic article in Width of a Post: http://widthofapost. com/2014/06/21/parki nson-forced-to-chang e-his-high-performin g-back-five/ "Whatever our personal opinions on individual members of the defence, the perceived failings of Bradford City last season were not at the back". One of the most accurate comments I have read. Michael Clayton
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree