Gildersome Spurs Old Boys have clinched the Yorkshire Amateur League Senior A Division for the second time in as many seasons.

They retained the crown with a 7-0 victory at Old Batelians and, with 16 wins and two draws from their 18 matches, Spurs' new objectives are to go through the 22-match league programme unbeaten and win through to the Yorkshire Old Boys' Shield final by defeating Shire Academics.

Reaping the rewards of a strong squad of 20 players and a great management team of Jason Stones, his assistant Andy Scott and captain Lee Thrush throughout the season, Gildersome were only denied an avalanche of goals by Batelians' keeper Mike Smith.

Nevertheless, Gildersome led 3-0 at the interval and romped home in the second half, Matt Jackson (3), Ben Keedy (2), Steve Wales and super sub Mike Hall being their marksmen.

Jackson's triple moved him to the top of the Senior A scoring chart with 22 goals as he overtook James Allen of Stanningley Old Boys who is on 21, followed by Keedy on 17.

Grangefield are second in the table but may not finish there after a 3-0 home defeat by thirdc-placed Ealandians ended a run of seven straight wins.

Ealandians trail by six points but have two games in hand and a better goal difference. Their goals came from an own goal, a Jacob Driver far-post header from a Wayne Crossley corner and a Crossley penalty, which was tucked into the top right-hand corner.

This match was a dress rehearsal for the eagerly-anticipated 80th Marflitt Cup final tonight at Farsley AFC (7.30).

Ealandians are the holders, and they also won the Yorkshire Old Boys' Shield last season - a double they also achieved in 2009-10. Grangefield Old Boys only joined the league in 1999-2000 when it was the Yorkshire Old Boys' League.

Collingham Juniors Old Boys, fresh from two away victories but third-from-bottom in Senior B Division, tested leaders Farsley Celtic Juniors in the first half before succumbing 7-0.

However, Farsley were in their best form of the season in the first half as they went 6-0 ahead, utlimately extending their winning run to 15 matches

Skipper Sam Bradley had a hat-trick by the half-hour, and other goals came from Ben Cook, Andy Cooper and an own goal.

Farsley are two points ahead of Stanningley Old Boys Reserves, with both sides having played 19 games.

Collingham are four points ahead of Bradford-based St Bede's, who have a game in hand.

Bede's lost their latest match 4-2 at Stanningley Old Boys' Reserves to increase their winless run to eight matches with four games left.

However, they are playing better than at any time in the campaign, Tahir Akram and Kyle McGinnis netting for them, with Paul Reason (2), Jack Kitson and Luke Harrop on target for Stanningley, who had to put Matt Geraghty in the nets.

Farnley Sports turned on each other during a poor first half against visitors Beeston Old Boys, who missed tow good early chances.

However, after a severe dressing down at the interval, Farnley gained complete control in the second half to win 3-1. Tom Bronski got Beeston's goal, Shaun Gill, Shane Gaunt and Carl Manning hitting the back of the net for Sports, who are fifth with the old boys ninth.

Seventh-placed Calverley United lost 6-3 at third-placed Wigton Moor but competed well in the first half.

Twice Wigton went ahead through Leroy Watson and Danny Ashton, and each time Calverley retaliated via Gareth Trewhitt.

But the second half was much more one-sided, Wigton taking control early on, with Danny Lyons and Ben Walker making full use of attractive approach play.

Walker added his second midway through the half but an own goal reduced Wigton's lead to 5-3.

A goal in the dying embers made the final scoreline 6-3, Lyons' second goal making it 28 for the campaign in the race for the Senior B leading scorers' Golden Boot.

Grangefield Old Boys' Reserves played with considerable composure to win their Hancock Cup semi-final 3-0 against Morley Town Reserves, who are a division below their hosts.

An opportunist goal for Sam Russell and a clever touch with the outside of the right foot from Dan Cuff gave Grangefield a 2-0 interval lead that they added to midway through the second half through Si Rothery, who rifled home from ten yards, with the best chances for Morley coming in the final ten minutes of each half with three good heading opportunities.

Grangefield's first Hancock Cup final will be against Gildersome Spurs Old Boys' Reserves at Liversedge FC on Wednesday, April 30 (7.30pm).

Ninth-placed St Bede's Reserves, who had gone unbeaten in their previous eight matches after a drreadful opening two-thirds of the season, lost 2-0 at fourth-placed Huddersfield YMCA in Division Two.