Relegation off the agenda as new Bradford Bulls owner Marc Green makes long-term pledge

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Marc Green, pictured at his first press conference, wants to turn Bulls into a profitable business Marc Green, pictured at his first press conference, wants to turn Bulls into a profitable business

New Bulls owner Marc Green is not even thinking about the prospect of relegation as he reassured supporters: “I’m here for the long haul.”

The Leeds-based businessman spoke to the media for the first time yesterday after his bid was accepted by the administrator last week.

Green, a married father-of-three who moved north from his native London in 1990, declared himself quietly confident of saving the Bulls from the drop and ultimately returning the club to its former glories.

“I don’t do anything to fail,” he said.

“Rightly or wrongly, even my children have been brought up with that philosophy.

“Whether it’s a test in your class, try to be the highest.

“Whether it’s playing a game of cards, make sure you beat the opposition.

“If they beat you, take it on the chin but never do anything for the sake of taking part.

“I’ve had my doubters, and I dare say that will continue, but actions speak far louder than words.”

The 48-year-old first became involved in the Bulls following a loan he made to the club last September.

He admitted he could not have foreseen taking ownership but, now he is in position, he is determined to transform the Bulls into a profitable business.

The straight-talking Safeguard Security Group boss said: “Someone I am in total admiration of is Ken Bates.

“He understood that a stadium which only delivers revenue once a fortnight is not a good business model.

“You want to have something that turns revenue 365 days a year on and off the season.

“Ken Bates set about developing what is arguably a phenomenal business at Chelsea.

“He tried to replicate that at Leeds United and got a lot of bad press but I dare say they would be glad to have him back right now.

“I know for a fact that Leeds were in profit while he was in charge.

“Profit is a very healthy word and the business will be driven to deliver profit. How long will it take? We’ll see.”

Green, a Tottenham Hotspur fan, said the club are exploring the prospect of appealing against their six-point deduction and confirmed buying back the lease on Odsal from the RFL was also an aim.

Green said he planned at being at the club for the long haul and declared: “Relegation is a word that we are not using or contemplating.

“But there is a Plan Z and if relegation does happen then it’s about how we bounce back immediately the following season.

“I’m here for the long haul and I have a one, five and ten-year plan.

“If I have a ten-year plan then I’m not sure how much longer-term my commitment can be.

“This club has not been run as a business and my job is to make sure that it is from now on.”

Green will be at Sunday’s home game with Oldham but will not attend Friday or Saturday matches on religious grounds.

He revealed the club’s shop will be relocated to where the ticket office now lies, creating a new ticket-retail outlet, and said a new commercial and finance director would join him, Steve Ferres and Robbie Hunter-Paul on a five-strong board of directors.

He also urged supporters to start backing Francis Cummins’ team in numbers again as they bid to beat the drop.

Green, who addressed the Bulls players in the dressing room before last week’s match at Widnes, said: “There is nothing worse than a sportsman playing in front of an empty ground.

“It has to be a triangular approach – Franny’s team delivering on the field, my team delivering off it and the supporters coming back through the turnstiles.

“I’m not here to win a popularity contest – I’m here to do a job and that’s to return Bradford to its former glory.”

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:17am Fri 4 Apr 14

axelf1963 says...

Better have deep pockets and expect that not to be enough for some on here
Better have deep pockets and expect that not to be enough for some on here axelf1963
  • Score: -36

7:23am Fri 4 Apr 14

bullybullman says...

What a difference a day makes ! from no signings to a quality signing in Fakir & if true there will be another 2 announced early next week. From no information to plenty of positive info that suggests we might have someone who will at last steer the club in the right direction.

Only time will ever tell but sound good so far COYB.
What a difference a day makes ! from no signings to a quality signing in Fakir & if true there will be another 2 announced early next week. From no information to plenty of positive info that suggests we might have someone who will at last steer the club in the right direction. Only time will ever tell but sound good so far COYB. bullybullman
  • Score: 33

7:53am Fri 4 Apr 14

Bone_idle18 says...

I have a good feeling about the future, not expecting miracles though.
I have a good feeling about the future, not expecting miracles though. Bone_idle18
  • Score: 23

8:06am Fri 4 Apr 14

gordon ramsay says...

Won't attend Friday or Saturday games? Really?

No Grand Finals or Challenge Cup finals then.

Good luck though and fingers crossed.
Won't attend Friday or Saturday games? Really? No Grand Finals or Challenge Cup finals then. Good luck though and fingers crossed. gordon ramsay
  • Score: -12

8:26am Fri 4 Apr 14

hunsworthbull says...

It would be nice to get the points back and make it into the play offs, it would be one up on the RFL.
It would be nice to get the points back and make it into the play offs, it would be one up on the RFL. hunsworthbull
  • Score: 11

8:32am Fri 4 Apr 14

Down_with_the _firm aka Bullsfan says...

Best article I've read on here for ages
Best article I've read on here for ages Down_with_the _firm aka Bullsfan
  • Score: 19

9:01am Fri 4 Apr 14

Bowlingboy says...

I Cant see us getting points back maybe 2 at best which would put us on an even start and a few more signings we can hopefully avoid the drop,

Then kick on next year and aim at been competitive,

That's best case.

I just hope that he sticks to his word and isn't telling everyone what he thinks they want to hear,
I Cant see us getting points back maybe 2 at best which would put us on an even start and a few more signings we can hopefully avoid the drop, Then kick on next year and aim at been competitive, That's best case. I just hope that he sticks to his word and isn't telling everyone what he thinks they want to hear, Bowlingboy
  • Score: 6

9:04am Fri 4 Apr 14

JAtkinson says...

No hype, no Wembley of the north, no off-the-cuff let's get 20k v Leeds - just straight talking. I like it.
No hype, no Wembley of the north, no off-the-cuff let's get 20k v Leeds - just straight talking. I like it. JAtkinson
  • Score: 17

9:07am Fri 4 Apr 14

m.r.c says...

Serious, sensible and successful business man just what the Bulls needed. Puts to bed the 'rumours' of a quick in and out operation. Good luck Mr Green onwards and upwards.
Serious, sensible and successful business man just what the Bulls needed. Puts to bed the 'rumours' of a quick in and out operation. Good luck Mr Green onwards and upwards. m.r.c
  • Score: 17

9:38am Fri 4 Apr 14

Andybulls says...

I like Mr Green's attitude and business sense, we need to own dal again and we also need to use it more frequently to raise extra revenue. The only thing he didn't mention was the money needed to buy the type of players we used to have. Let's hope w successfully appeal against the 6 points!!
I like Mr Green's attitude and business sense, we need to own dal again and we also need to use it more frequently to raise extra revenue. The only thing he didn't mention was the money needed to buy the type of players we used to have. Let's hope w successfully appeal against the 6 points!! Andybulls
  • Score: 4

9:50am Fri 4 Apr 14

Van Bellen's Baby says...

According to WIki, Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) is observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night. So unless he can squeeze in a Friday evening mid-Summer match before sunset, that will be that. Strange to choose to run a club in a sport where the ultimate ambition is to reach finals falling into that timeframe as Gordon Ramsay already noted. He'll have to watch them on telly I guess.
According to WIki, Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) is observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night. So unless he can squeeze in a Friday evening mid-Summer match before sunset, that will be that. Strange to choose to run a club in a sport where the ultimate ambition is to reach finals falling into that timeframe as Gordon Ramsay already noted. He'll have to watch them on telly I guess. Van Bellen's Baby
  • Score: -1

10:15am Fri 4 Apr 14

Terry Thomas says...

Whilst I wish Mr Green all the best, I worry if his hero is Ken Bates.

Far from creating a phenomenal business at Chelsea, they were days from administration, without Harding's money until Abramovich showed up.

Kenneth bled Leeds United dry. Profitable? By selling the best players each year. The dopes at GFH have made a mess of it and suspicion persists that Kenneth is still around somewhere in the background. Ken came out with the same baloney and blame game in the 1960s when he was at Oldham (his programme notes are still about (http://www.scribd.c
om/collections/29039
60/Ken-Bates-Program
me-Notes-Oldham-Athl
etic-Boundary-Bullet
in).

Following Ken's lead be prepared to be called "sickpots" and "morons", ridiculous court cases funded by the club.

Tom Bowers in "Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football", dedicates a chapter to Bates. The book is about corruption, greed, etc in football. It charts Mr Bates' career - from the failed bank in Ireland (and why it failed!!), his "adventures" in the Carribean, his football career, etc.

I hope that as a Bulls fan, we are finally on the upwards trajectory. But, please Mr Green, no Batesian shenanigans.
Whilst I wish Mr Green all the best, I worry if his hero is Ken Bates. Far from creating a phenomenal business at Chelsea, they were days from administration, without Harding's money until Abramovich showed up. Kenneth bled Leeds United dry. Profitable? By selling the best players each year. The dopes at GFH have made a mess of it and suspicion persists that Kenneth is still around somewhere in the background. Ken came out with the same baloney and blame game in the 1960s when he was at Oldham (his programme notes are still about (http://www.scribd.c om/collections/29039 60/Ken-Bates-Program me-Notes-Oldham-Athl etic-Boundary-Bullet in). Following Ken's lead be prepared to be called "sickpots" and "morons", ridiculous court cases funded by the club. Tom Bowers in "Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football", dedicates a chapter to Bates. The book is about corruption, greed, etc in football. It charts Mr Bates' career - from the failed bank in Ireland (and why it failed!!), his "adventures" in the Carribean, his football career, etc. I hope that as a Bulls fan, we are finally on the upwards trajectory. But, please Mr Green, no Batesian shenanigans. Terry Thomas
  • Score: 8

10:28am Fri 4 Apr 14

Sheffieldbull says...

Van Bellen's Baby wrote:
According to WIki, Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) is observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night. So unless he can squeeze in a Friday evening mid-Summer match before sunset, that will be that. Strange to choose to run a club in a sport where the ultimate ambition is to reach finals falling into that timeframe as Gordon Ramsay already noted. He'll have to watch them on telly I guess.
In all fairness VBB, if under Marc’s stewardship we arrive at Wembley or Old Trafford to compete in a final, I’ll be happy to forego the impact of Marc Green’s tough tackling, his shrewd ball distribution and his ability to break the tackle and speed off down the touchline. Whether he is in attendance or not, it will not stop my enjoyment of success again. I’m also quite sure MG will not be too bothered either, under those circumstances.
[quote][p][bold]Van Bellen's Baby[/bold] wrote: According to WIki, Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) is observed from a few minutes before sunset on Friday evening until the appearance of three stars in the sky on Saturday night. So unless he can squeeze in a Friday evening mid-Summer match before sunset, that will be that. Strange to choose to run a club in a sport where the ultimate ambition is to reach finals falling into that timeframe as Gordon Ramsay already noted. He'll have to watch them on telly I guess.[/p][/quote]In all fairness VBB, if under Marc’s stewardship we arrive at Wembley or Old Trafford to compete in a final, I’ll be happy to forego the impact of Marc Green’s tough tackling, his shrewd ball distribution and his ability to break the tackle and speed off down the touchline. Whether he is in attendance or not, it will not stop my enjoyment of success again. I’m also quite sure MG will not be too bothered either, under those circumstances. Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 6

10:47am Fri 4 Apr 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Seeing is believing. Everyone who comes in makes promises then doesn't act on them.

You will be judged on what you do not what you say.

Good Luck.
Seeing is believing. Everyone who comes in makes promises then doesn't act on them. You will be judged on what you do not what you say. Good Luck. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -3

11:19am Fri 4 Apr 14

Bull4Life says...

Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change.

I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc...

On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules?

Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something?

Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB!
Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change. I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc... On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules? Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something? Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB! Bull4Life
  • Score: 6

11:35am Fri 4 Apr 14

bully4us says...

He didn’t make any silly promises or predictions which is refreshing and just what we all need. Just simple straight talking. On TV yesterday he said the hardest thing to do in sport is keep the business head apart from the emotional head. If you don’t, things go wrong. I was doubtful about him a week ago. I am steadily coming round to him.

We dearly need a no nonsense business approach to re-build the club. Ferres has a reputation of running things on a tight budget. A new commercial person chosen by him means we look to have a decent management team lead by a proven and successful business man.
He seems to be a quiet and determined person who will not tell us all of the financial details some of us seem to expect to be told. We need to accept that it is his business and not ours. He is clearly strong minded that his religious views stop him attending on certain days. I have heard of this with other sports people. Fair enough. I can’t knock anyone just because I wouldn’t do that but it does show he sticks to what he thinks is right. It doesn't stop him running the Bulls properly as he has a team of directors to do that. Other clubs have silent owners - Leeds and Wire for example.

We shouldn’t get too excited until he has been here a season but I am getting a bit of confidence back. Even if we go down I feel he has plans to get us back up and in a stronger position.
Let’s not judge him and the other directors yet. Give them a chance to do the job properly for possibly the first time in a decade.
I have a good feeling about him. I hope I am right.
He didn’t make any silly promises or predictions which is refreshing and just what we all need. Just simple straight talking. On TV yesterday he said the hardest thing to do in sport is keep the business head apart from the emotional head. If you don’t, things go wrong. I was doubtful about him a week ago. I am steadily coming round to him. We dearly need a no nonsense business approach to re-build the club. Ferres has a reputation of running things on a tight budget. A new commercial person chosen by him means we look to have a decent management team lead by a proven and successful business man. He seems to be a quiet and determined person who will not tell us all of the financial details some of us seem to expect to be told. We need to accept that it is his business and not ours. He is clearly strong minded that his religious views stop him attending on certain days. I have heard of this with other sports people. Fair enough. I can’t knock anyone just because I wouldn’t do that but it does show he sticks to what he thinks is right. It doesn't stop him running the Bulls properly as he has a team of directors to do that. Other clubs have silent owners - Leeds and Wire for example. We shouldn’t get too excited until he has been here a season but I am getting a bit of confidence back. Even if we go down I feel he has plans to get us back up and in a stronger position. Let’s not judge him and the other directors yet. Give them a chance to do the job properly for possibly the first time in a decade. I have a good feeling about him. I hope I am right. bully4us
  • Score: 13

11:53am Fri 4 Apr 14

vikksy says...

No one criticized Jonathan Edwards early on in his career when he couldn't compete on Sundays. Was it because we saw a future winner? Just because Green is not at the matches doesn't mean he isn't still working.
No one criticized Jonathan Edwards early on in his career when he couldn't compete on Sundays. Was it because we saw a future winner? Just because Green is not at the matches doesn't mean he isn't still working. vikksy
  • Score: -1

12:16pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Sheffieldbull says...

Bull4Life wrote:
Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change.

I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc...

On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules?

Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something?

Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB!
Whilst I’ll leave out the fine detail on Administration to others with perhaps a more reasoned voice than mine and a more active ‘Google’ finger, the one key aspect to any points reinstatement seems to be a previous statement by one of the glitterati from the RFL.
If I recall correctly it was stated a short time ago that the ‘Independent Appeals Committee’ would examine the reason that the Club chose the Admin’ route (others will no doubt reiterate that the sole reason was due to a ‘HMRC winding up order’ which is arguable, to say the least) – remember at the time the RFL were closely assisting Moore and Co, and indeed, actively ‘Chairing’ meetings for the Club at this juncture in time. Importantly, was this route decided on with the agreement of the RFL as the only way the OK Share situation could be resolved? Was this silently sanctioned by the RFL thus resulting in MM’s ill advised press release stating that the Bulls would not incur a points deduction? Why would he think that, where on earth would he arrive at that idea?
For a clearer picture of these events and outcomes you’d need to read the RFL’s T&C’s and Rules. Don’t rush though, they haven’t written them yet for this week!
[quote][p][bold]Bull4Life[/bold] wrote: Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change. I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc... On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules? Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something? Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB![/p][/quote]Whilst I’ll leave out the fine detail on Administration to others with perhaps a more reasoned voice than mine and a more active ‘Google’ finger, the one key aspect to any points reinstatement seems to be a previous statement by one of the glitterati from the RFL. If I recall correctly it was stated a short time ago that the ‘Independent Appeals Committee’ would examine the reason that the Club chose the Admin’ route (others will no doubt reiterate that the sole reason was due to a ‘HMRC winding up order’ which is arguable, to say the least) – remember at the time the RFL were closely assisting Moore and Co, and indeed, actively ‘Chairing’ meetings for the Club at this juncture in time. Importantly, was this route decided on with the agreement of the RFL as the only way the OK Share situation could be resolved? Was this silently sanctioned by the RFL thus resulting in MM’s ill advised press release stating that the Bulls would not incur a points deduction? Why would he think that, where on earth would he arrive at that idea? For a clearer picture of these events and outcomes you’d need to read the RFL’s T&C’s and Rules. Don’t rush though, they haven’t written them yet for this week! Sheffieldbull
  • Score: 6

12:51pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

I get voted down for wishing the fella good luck.

And people acuse me of wanting the club to fail.
I get voted down for wishing the fella good luck. And people acuse me of wanting the club to fail. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: -10

1:27pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Sad bull says...

Sheffieldbull wrote:
Bull4Life wrote:
Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change.

I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc...

On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules?

Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something?

Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB!
Whilst I’ll leave out the fine detail on Administration to others with perhaps a more reasoned voice than mine and a more active ‘Google’ finger, the one key aspect to any points reinstatement seems to be a previous statement by one of the glitterati from the RFL.
If I recall correctly it was stated a short time ago that the ‘Independent Appeals Committee’ would examine the reason that the Club chose the Admin’ route (others will no doubt reiterate that the sole reason was due to a ‘HMRC winding up order’ which is arguable, to say the least) – remember at the time the RFL were closely assisting Moore and Co, and indeed, actively ‘Chairing’ meetings for the Club at this juncture in time. Importantly, was this route decided on with the agreement of the RFL as the only way the OK Share situation could be resolved? Was this silently sanctioned by the RFL thus resulting in MM’s ill advised press release stating that the Bulls would not incur a points deduction? Why would he think that, where on earth would he arrive at that idea?
For a clearer picture of these events and outcomes you’d need to read the RFL’s T&C’s and Rules. Don’t rush though, they haven’t written them yet for this week!
A pretty sound assessment from all that I have read / heard.

I still don't understand why it was 6 not 4,as with others in a similar position.

Time will tell I guess.
[quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bull4Life[/bold] wrote: Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change. I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc... On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules? Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something? Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB![/p][/quote]Whilst I’ll leave out the fine detail on Administration to others with perhaps a more reasoned voice than mine and a more active ‘Google’ finger, the one key aspect to any points reinstatement seems to be a previous statement by one of the glitterati from the RFL. If I recall correctly it was stated a short time ago that the ‘Independent Appeals Committee’ would examine the reason that the Club chose the Admin’ route (others will no doubt reiterate that the sole reason was due to a ‘HMRC winding up order’ which is arguable, to say the least) – remember at the time the RFL were closely assisting Moore and Co, and indeed, actively ‘Chairing’ meetings for the Club at this juncture in time. Importantly, was this route decided on with the agreement of the RFL as the only way the OK Share situation could be resolved? Was this silently sanctioned by the RFL thus resulting in MM’s ill advised press release stating that the Bulls would not incur a points deduction? Why would he think that, where on earth would he arrive at that idea? For a clearer picture of these events and outcomes you’d need to read the RFL’s T&C’s and Rules. Don’t rush though, they haven’t written them yet for this week![/p][/quote]A pretty sound assessment from all that I have read / heard. I still don't understand why it was 6 not 4,as with others in a similar position. Time will tell I guess. Sad bull
  • Score: 4

1:42pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Bowlingboy says...

Shannon McDonnell?
Shannon McDonnell? Bowlingboy
  • Score: 0

2:58pm Fri 4 Apr 14

BierleyBoy says...

Watching that video, it was notable there were no smiles and no upbeat vibe coming from the four sat there. green clearly has no passion for Bradford Bulls or rugby league, which is a vital ingredient.

Green is Jewish, which is why he won't do Friday or Saturday games to observe Shabbat. Figures him being a Spurs fan.
Watching that video, it was notable there were no smiles and no upbeat vibe coming from the four sat there. green clearly has no passion for Bradford Bulls or rugby league, which is a vital ingredient. Green is Jewish, which is why he won't do Friday or Saturday games to observe Shabbat. Figures him being a Spurs fan. BierleyBoy
  • Score: -15

3:14pm Fri 4 Apr 14

raisemeup says...

Bull4Life wrote:
Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change.

I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc...

On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules?

Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something?

Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB!
Not that I'm the expert you seek my friend, however from what I understand the penalty at this moment for entering Admin. is points deduction up to a maximum of 12 with a Minimum of 2. The criteria's can also be expulsion from the league or the loss of the licence, for SL teams.
I assume in the lower leagues maximum points deduction ensures the expulsion to the lower divisions.

Clubs in SL can appeal for a reduction in the points situation if the owners agree to pay off some or all of the creditors (ie Wakefield got a 4 point penalty and no further financial measures levied against them, because the new owner (Glover) agreed to pay off the creditors, or most of them, when they went into admin. just before the 2011 season started) as I assume Mr Green being the biggest Creditor will have sorted that particular creditor debt, and maybe paid off the taxman, we may have the basis of a good appeal.
Of course one can only speculate on the last statement.

Hope I have been able to throw some light on this murky situation, obviously it will change next year as licensing will not exist.
[quote][p][bold]Bull4Life[/bold] wrote: Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change. I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc... On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules? Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something? Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB![/p][/quote]Not that I'm the expert you seek my friend, however from what I understand the penalty at this moment for entering Admin. is points deduction up to a maximum of 12 with a Minimum of 2. The criteria's can also be expulsion from the league or the loss of the licence, for SL teams. I assume in the lower leagues maximum points deduction ensures the expulsion to the lower divisions. Clubs in SL can appeal for a reduction in the points situation if the owners agree to pay off some or all of the creditors (ie Wakefield got a 4 point penalty and no further financial measures levied against them, because the new owner (Glover) agreed to pay off the creditors, or most of them, when they went into admin. just before the 2011 season started) as I assume Mr Green being the biggest Creditor will have sorted that particular creditor debt, and maybe paid off the taxman, we may have the basis of a good appeal. Of course one can only speculate on the last statement. Hope I have been able to throw some light on this murky situation, obviously it will change next year as licensing will not exist. raisemeup
  • Score: 0

3:18pm Fri 4 Apr 14

raisemeup says...

Sheffieldbull wrote:
Bull4Life wrote:
Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change.

I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc...

On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules?

Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something?

Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB!
Whilst I’ll leave out the fine detail on Administration to others with perhaps a more reasoned voice than mine and a more active ‘Google’ finger, the one key aspect to any points reinstatement seems to be a previous statement by one of the glitterati from the RFL.
If I recall correctly it was stated a short time ago that the ‘Independent Appeals Committee’ would examine the reason that the Club chose the Admin’ route (others will no doubt reiterate that the sole reason was due to a ‘HMRC winding up order’ which is arguable, to say the least) – remember at the time the RFL were closely assisting Moore and Co, and indeed, actively ‘Chairing’ meetings for the Club at this juncture in time. Importantly, was this route decided on with the agreement of the RFL as the only way the OK Share situation could be resolved? Was this silently sanctioned by the RFL thus resulting in MM’s ill advised press release stating that the Bulls would not incur a points deduction? Why would he think that, where on earth would he arrive at that idea?
For a clearer picture of these events and outcomes you’d need to read the RFL’s T&C’s and Rules. Don’t rush though, they haven’t written them yet for this week!
I like your explanation better than mine!
[quote][p][bold]Sheffieldbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bull4Life[/bold] wrote: Good to see positive vibes coming out from the top level for a change. I would just like to ask though, as I freely admit I am not up on the ins and outs of entering administration etc... On what grounds is it that we may be able to appeal the 6 point deduction? It's been mentioned for several weeks now in the media - Mandy Koukash thought she would be able to appeal it had she won her bid. It was a penalty for entering administration and I'm struggling to see how coming out of administration suddenly changes the fact that we went into it, or that it somehow makes it a less serious infringement of the rules? Could somebody who's a bit more in the know than I am please explain it to me? Plenty of people have mentioned it as a possibility but nobody has given an indication as to how or why - is it like getting out of jail early for 'good behavior' or something? Either way, I'm just happy to finally see a more positive feel to the whole situation. I'll be there on Sunday. COYB![/p][/quote]Whilst I’ll leave out the fine detail on Administration to others with perhaps a more reasoned voice than mine and a more active ‘Google’ finger, the one key aspect to any points reinstatement seems to be a previous statement by one of the glitterati from the RFL. If I recall correctly it was stated a short time ago that the ‘Independent Appeals Committee’ would examine the reason that the Club chose the Admin’ route (others will no doubt reiterate that the sole reason was due to a ‘HMRC winding up order’ which is arguable, to say the least) – remember at the time the RFL were closely assisting Moore and Co, and indeed, actively ‘Chairing’ meetings for the Club at this juncture in time. Importantly, was this route decided on with the agreement of the RFL as the only way the OK Share situation could be resolved? Was this silently sanctioned by the RFL thus resulting in MM’s ill advised press release stating that the Bulls would not incur a points deduction? Why would he think that, where on earth would he arrive at that idea? For a clearer picture of these events and outcomes you’d need to read the RFL’s T&C’s and Rules. Don’t rush though, they haven’t written them yet for this week![/p][/quote]I like your explanation better than mine! raisemeup
  • Score: 0

3:28pm Fri 4 Apr 14

portugalbull says...

Sounds positive after the last 2years.
If other directors in mind turn out to be Mr Moores colleagues would suggest appeal for point reduction before announcing. They seemed to be getting us back on the right track before the RFL put the boot in.
More news to come on player front, so onward and upward
CoyB's
Sounds positive after the last 2years. If other directors in mind turn out to be Mr Moores colleagues would suggest appeal for point reduction before announcing. They seemed to be getting us back on the right track before the RFL put the boot in. More news to come on player front, so onward and upward CoyB's portugalbull
  • Score: 1

3:53pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Bull4Life says...

raisemeup and Sheffieldbull - thanks for attempting to answer my question.

So going on raisemeup's answer, it kinda would be like being released from jail early for good behaviour - you've been a naughty club but seeing as you've rectified some of the situation, we'll reduce your punishment. In that case I hope the RFL do take that view.

Even just a reduction to 4 points instead of 6, would lift us from the foot of the table by virtue of London's shockingly inferior points difference. Although we'd still be in a relegation spot, it would be a massive psychological boost as we'd be only hunting down one club and not two.

Onwards and upwards as they say! COYB
raisemeup and Sheffieldbull - thanks for attempting to answer my question. So going on raisemeup's answer, it kinda would be like being released from jail early for good behaviour - you've been a naughty club but seeing as you've rectified some of the situation, we'll reduce your punishment. In that case I hope the RFL do take that view. Even just a reduction to 4 points instead of 6, would lift us from the foot of the table by virtue of London's shockingly inferior points difference. Although we'd still be in a relegation spot, it would be a massive psychological boost as we'd be only hunting down one club and not two. Onwards and upwards as they say! COYB Bull4Life
  • Score: 4

4:04pm Fri 4 Apr 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Seeing is believing. Everyone who comes in makes promises then doesn't act on them.

You will be judged on what you do not what you say.

Good Luck.
Maybe, it's to do with your negative start, ie re promises, not made any has he? TVOR.

Bierley boy, get real, funny how I saw it different, as did others. As to no passion, what makes you think that, oh, because he didn't smile. Wearing your anti Bulls glasses were you when watching. I cannot fault anyone for their beliefs and neither should you.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Seeing is believing. Everyone who comes in makes promises then doesn't act on them. You will be judged on what you do not what you say. Good Luck.[/p][/quote]Maybe, it's to do with your negative start, ie re promises, not made any has he? TVOR. Bierley boy, get real, funny how I saw it different, as did others. As to no passion, what makes you think that, oh, because he didn't smile. Wearing your anti Bulls glasses were you when watching. I cannot fault anyone for their beliefs and neither should you. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: 2

4:48pm Fri 4 Apr 14

bully4us says...

I saw a very determined group. Those "anti-Bulls" glasses work really well.
I saw a very determined group. Those "anti-Bulls" glasses work really well. bully4us
  • Score: 0

6:37pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Pablo says...

BierleyBoy wrote:
Watching that video, it was notable there were no smiles and no upbeat vibe coming from the four sat there. green clearly has no passion for Bradford Bulls or rugby league, which is a vital ingredient.

Green is Jewish, which is why he won't do Friday or Saturday games to observe Shabbat. Figures him being a Spurs fan.
I recall Mark Lazarus, a Jewish footballer, who played for QPR, played on Saturdays.

I wonder if Marc could watch the game and then go home without mixing with opposition Directors and, therefore, not be classed as working. Watching a game on a Friday or Saturday can't be against the faith as a lot of Tottenham's fans are Jewish.

I suppose it all depends how strictly they observe their faith and we must all respect that, but it's a shame if it restricts him watching the club he's invested in.
[quote][p][bold]BierleyBoy[/bold] wrote: Watching that video, it was notable there were no smiles and no upbeat vibe coming from the four sat there. green clearly has no passion for Bradford Bulls or rugby league, which is a vital ingredient. Green is Jewish, which is why he won't do Friday or Saturday games to observe Shabbat. Figures him being a Spurs fan.[/p][/quote]I recall Mark Lazarus, a Jewish footballer, who played for QPR, played on Saturdays. I wonder if Marc could watch the game and then go home without mixing with opposition Directors and, therefore, not be classed as working. Watching a game on a Friday or Saturday can't be against the faith as a lot of Tottenham's fans are Jewish. I suppose it all depends how strictly they observe their faith and we must all respect that, but it's a shame if it restricts him watching the club he's invested in. Pablo
  • Score: 2

7:14pm Fri 4 Apr 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Are you working when you watch sport, No. But I believe that some players may get special discompensation, to play. Liverpool had an Israelli, full back, who played on a weekend.

But as I've already said, let us respect his beliefs.
Are you working when you watch sport, No. But I believe that some players may get special discompensation, to play. Liverpool had an Israelli, full back, who played on a weekend. But as I've already said, let us respect his beliefs. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: 3

7:26pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Pablo says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Are you working when you watch sport, No. But I believe that some players may get special discompensation, to play. Liverpool had an Israelli, full back, who played on a weekend.

But as I've already said, let us respect his beliefs.
Dispensation??

Yes you've reminded me . Liverpool had Avi Cohen and Ronny Rosenthal who both played on Saturdays
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: Are you working when you watch sport, No. But I believe that some players may get special discompensation, to play. Liverpool had an Israelli, full back, who played on a weekend. But as I've already said, let us respect his beliefs.[/p][/quote]Dispensation?? Yes you've reminded me . Liverpool had Avi Cohen and Ronny Rosenthal who both played on Saturdays Pablo
  • Score: 2

8:13pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Sadbullsfan says...

I don't believe this guy. I'm sorry but between the mans eleven companies they have £40k + in the bank??? His liabilities outweigh his assets and he is owed £150k by the club. Plus let's not forget he put us into administration in the first place. His involvement worries me a lot. Am I on my own. Please see his report on free company check just google it and see his companies and the man for yourselves.

Director Overview

Marc Green holds 11 current appointments, has resigned from 1 companies and held appointments at 3 dissolved companies. Marc began their first appointment at the age of 32 and their longest current appointment spans 14 years and 4 months at SMARTA SECURITY LTD.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Marc holds a current appointment equals £43,573, with a combined assets value of £2,692,140 and liabilities of £2,778,719. Roles associated with Marc Green within the recorded businesses include: Director
I don't believe this guy. I'm sorry but between the mans eleven companies they have £40k + in the bank??? His liabilities outweigh his assets and he is owed £150k by the club. Plus let's not forget he put us into administration in the first place. His involvement worries me a lot. Am I on my own. Please see his report on free company check just google it and see his companies and the man for yourselves. Director Overview Marc Green holds 11 current appointments, has resigned from 1 companies and held appointments at 3 dissolved companies. Marc began their first appointment at the age of 32 and their longest current appointment spans 14 years and 4 months at SMARTA SECURITY LTD. The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Marc holds a current appointment equals £43,573, with a combined assets value of £2,692,140 and liabilities of £2,778,719. Roles associated with Marc Green within the recorded businesses include: Director Sadbullsfan
  • Score: 1

8:30pm Fri 4 Apr 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Another blasted know all, that's all we need. Bye the way, this as all been stated on here before, though. So nothing new there. Plus, as I've said before, he won't invest with Company funds. ONLY is Own personal cash. Companies invest in sport through sponsorship. They don't want to upset shareholders. So Saddobull, I feel all your hardworking, tapping the keys has been for nothing. See you at Odsal, Sunday.
Another blasted know all, that's all we need. Bye the way, this as all been stated on here before, though. So nothing new there. Plus, as I've said before, he won't invest with Company funds. ONLY is Own personal cash. Companies invest in sport through sponsorship. They don't want to upset shareholders. So Saddobull, I feel all your hardworking, tapping the keys has been for nothing. See you at Odsal, Sunday. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: -1

8:41pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Sadbullsfan says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Another blasted know all, that's all we need. Bye the way, this as all been stated on here before, though. So nothing new there. Plus, as I've said before, he won't invest with Company funds. ONLY is Own personal cash. Companies invest in sport through sponsorship. They don't want to upset shareholders. So Saddobull, I feel all your hardworking, tapping the keys has been for nothing. See you at Odsal, Sunday.
No club chairman ever dips into his own money!!! Safeguard Security Group Ltd lent our club the £150k he put us into administration for, not the man himself. Judging by the look of his 11 companies figures that money is needed and needed badly. Do your homework before championing this new owner. If we meet Sunday, I'll wager you in person that this man will be our downfall not our saviour. I can't believe with all the genuine serious and wealthy bidders out there wanting to buy us, we ended up with this man!
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: Another blasted know all, that's all we need. Bye the way, this as all been stated on here before, though. So nothing new there. Plus, as I've said before, he won't invest with Company funds. ONLY is Own personal cash. Companies invest in sport through sponsorship. They don't want to upset shareholders. So Saddobull, I feel all your hardworking, tapping the keys has been for nothing. See you at Odsal, Sunday.[/p][/quote]No club chairman ever dips into his own money!!! Safeguard Security Group Ltd lent our club the £150k he put us into administration for, not the man himself. Judging by the look of his 11 companies figures that money is needed and needed badly. Do your homework before championing this new owner. If we meet Sunday, I'll wager you in person that this man will be our downfall not our saviour. I can't believe with all the genuine serious and wealthy bidders out there wanting to buy us, we ended up with this man! Sadbullsfan
  • Score: 0

8:44pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Sadbullsfan says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Another blasted know all, that's all we need. Bye the way, this as all been stated on here before, though. So nothing new there. Plus, as I've said before, he won't invest with Company funds. ONLY is Own personal cash. Companies invest in sport through sponsorship. They don't want to upset shareholders. So Saddobull, I feel all your hardworking, tapping the keys has been for nothing. See you at Odsal, Sunday.
Just for you man from the pru in case you missed it.

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Marc holds a current appointment equals £43,573, with a combined assets value of £2,692,140 and liabilities of £2,778,719
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: Another blasted know all, that's all we need. Bye the way, this as all been stated on here before, though. So nothing new there. Plus, as I've said before, he won't invest with Company funds. ONLY is Own personal cash. Companies invest in sport through sponsorship. They don't want to upset shareholders. So Saddobull, I feel all your hardworking, tapping the keys has been for nothing. See you at Odsal, Sunday.[/p][/quote]Just for you man from the pru in case you missed it. The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Marc holds a current appointment equals £43,573, with a combined assets value of £2,692,140 and liabilities of £2,778,719 Sadbullsfan
  • Score: 0

8:47pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Shipley Paul says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Seeing is believing. Everyone who comes in makes promises then doesn't act on them.

You will be judged on what you do not what you say.

Good Luck.
Good start then! New player, new board, money already in, he's already acted so I'm believing already!
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Seeing is believing. Everyone who comes in makes promises then doesn't act on them. You will be judged on what you do not what you say. Good Luck.[/p][/quote]Good start then! New player, new board, money already in, he's already acted so I'm believing already! Shipley Paul
  • Score: 1

9:28pm Fri 4 Apr 14

Alhaurinrhino says...

Expect your shabby little outfit to be run on a shoestring budget.
Expect your shabby little outfit to be run on a shoestring budget. Alhaurinrhino
  • Score: -8

10:02pm Fri 4 Apr 14

axelf1963 says...

Another small fry owner who will lose his own business trying to flog a dead horse.
Another small fry owner who will lose his own business trying to flog a dead horse. axelf1963
  • Score: -5

11:08pm Fri 4 Apr 14

nosher says...

axelf1963 wrote:
Another small fry owner who will lose his own business trying to flog a dead horse.
You really are a !!!!!!!! Lol.
[quote][p][bold]axelf1963[/bold] wrote: Another small fry owner who will lose his own business trying to flog a dead horse.[/p][/quote]You really are a !!!!!!!! Lol. nosher
  • Score: 6

9:18am Sat 5 Apr 14

The Man From the Pru says...

Saddo, Fakerhino, Carpart, you all know your wrong, but got to keep sniping, because if you don't you lose your street cred, with your equally boring mates. As I and others keep saying you are not funny, but sad. But post away,I fit makes you happy. Saddo, are you privvy as to what MG has in his PERSONAL account, as opposed to what his business is worth. Because that's what he'll be investing, his Own Cash. Now off you lads go, compare notes, I await your next pointless input to this forum. Fakerhino, I take it you just got out. Carpart, TBC, Saddo, just is. Are you one and the same person, I believe you are.
Saddo, Fakerhino, Carpart, you all know your wrong, but got to keep sniping, because if you don't you lose your street cred, with your equally boring mates. As I and others keep saying you are not funny, but sad. But post away,I fit makes you happy. Saddo, are you privvy as to what MG has in his PERSONAL account, as opposed to what his business is worth. Because that's what he'll be investing, his Own Cash. Now off you lads go, compare notes, I await your next pointless input to this forum. Fakerhino, I take it you just got out. Carpart, TBC, Saddo, just is. Are you one and the same person, I believe you are. The Man From the Pru
  • Score: 2

8:06pm Sun 6 Apr 14

Sadbullsfan says...

The Man From the Pru wrote:
Saddo, Fakerhino, Carpart, you all know your wrong, but got to keep sniping, because if you don't you lose your street cred, with your equally boring mates. As I and others keep saying you are not funny, but sad. But post away,I fit makes you happy. Saddo, are you privvy as to what MG has in his PERSONAL account, as opposed to what his business is worth. Because that's what he'll be investing, his Own Cash. Now off you lads go, compare notes, I await your next pointless input to this forum. Fakerhino, I take it you just got out. Carpart, TBC, Saddo, just is. Are you one and the same person, I believe you are.
You have absolutely no idea how businesses are run obviously. He will use the turnover to run the club end of! He will not invest a penny of his own money just as no other businessman would invest a penny of his money. If money comes from outside such as Greens other businesses it will be in the form of a loan oh where have we seen this before? That's right that's exactly how we came to buy the club in the first place. Judging by the cash at bank of all the mans eleven businesses he doesn't have a great deal of his own money either. This is a guy who will rob peter to pay paul and we will end up nowhere. As I'm sure you can tell I feel other owners in the running would have made a better prospect but he has done a "Bates" on us no wonder he is the mans hero.
[quote][p][bold]The Man From the Pru[/bold] wrote: Saddo, Fakerhino, Carpart, you all know your wrong, but got to keep sniping, because if you don't you lose your street cred, with your equally boring mates. As I and others keep saying you are not funny, but sad. But post away,I fit makes you happy. Saddo, are you privvy as to what MG has in his PERSONAL account, as opposed to what his business is worth. Because that's what he'll be investing, his Own Cash. Now off you lads go, compare notes, I await your next pointless input to this forum. Fakerhino, I take it you just got out. Carpart, TBC, Saddo, just is. Are you one and the same person, I believe you are.[/p][/quote]You have absolutely no idea how businesses are run obviously. He will use the turnover to run the club end of! He will not invest a penny of his own money just as no other businessman would invest a penny of his money. If money comes from outside such as Greens other businesses it will be in the form of a loan oh where have we seen this before? That's right that's exactly how we came to buy the club in the first place. Judging by the cash at bank of all the mans eleven businesses he doesn't have a great deal of his own money either. This is a guy who will rob peter to pay paul and we will end up nowhere. As I'm sure you can tell I feel other owners in the running would have made a better prospect but he has done a "Bates" on us no wonder he is the mans hero. Sadbullsfan
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree