A dramatic injury-time goal saw Brighouse Town rescue a 2-2 home draw against Athersley Recreation as they look to keep their Toolstation Northern Counties East League Premier Division title tilt on track.

Third-placed Town were looking for the win that would see them stay on the tails of the top two and appeared to be on course when Luke Gibson gave them a first-half lead.

But the visitors, who are eighth, levelled five minutes after the interval through Joe Thornton and Lee Bennett put them in front soon after.

A trademark of Paul Quinn’s side is that they never give up and Adam Wilson netted two minutes into stoppage time to earn a point.

Second-placed Barton Town lost and Quinn’s men are now 11 points behind leaders Tadcaster Albion, who won, but have five games in hand.

There was also drama at Throstle Nest, where Albion Sports were at home to Bridlington Town.

It finished 3-3 but in exceptional circumstances after the ten-man visitors found themselves 3-0 down with just 20 minutes remaining.

Jamie Reeson was sent off midway through the first half for denying a goal-scoring opportunity but Albion did not take the lead until Elliott Holmes’ 37th-minute cross-shot sailed straight in.

Delroy Facey added a second following a corner just before the break and brother Danny made it 3-0 seven minutes after the interval.

Joel Ramm netted to give Brid hope, a later shot from the same player came back off the post and was driven in by Jarrrod Smalley – and when a free-kick deep into stoppage time rebounded to Rikki Paylor, he completed a remarkable comeback.

Top-tier rivals Thackley and Liversedge both won 1-0. The Dennyboys triumphed over Glasshoughton Welfare at home thanks to a last-minute James Firth goal, while Sedge won at Parkgate with Joel Farrer grabbing the all-important strike.

In Division One, Eccleshill United lost out at home to Cleethorpes Town in a tight game. The visitors went top after winning 2-1 thanks to goals from Chris Funnell and Luke Mascall either side of a Marcus Edwards equaliser.