Bradford Council accused over Bradford Bulls loan

Bradford Council accused over Bradford Bulls loan

Bradford Council accused over Bradford Bulls loan

First published in Sport
Last updated
by

The fall-out from the Bradford Bulls crisis has triggered a backlash against the city council.

The authority has been accused of “backroom dealing” over a £200,000 loan it made to the cash-strapped club in 2012. MPs and councillors lined up to demand answers about the loan, which is thought to have been guaranteed by the club’s former owner, businessman Omar Khan.

Many people fear the loan may never be repaid. And now, Bradford West Respect MP George Galloway is convening a meeting to try to save the Bulls, who have gone into administration following a long-running battle for control between Mr Khan and club directors.

But amid all the turmoil, the Bulls' home match against London Broncos on Sunday will go ahead.

Mr Galloway is calling on Bradford Council leader David Green to reveal details of the loan. "He needs to assure the club and the people of Bradford that the money loaned to the Bulls has a copper-bottomed guarantee to it," he said.

Some Bradford councillors are furious. Councillor Jeanette Sunderland (Lib Dem, Idle and Thackley) said: “It is not a good use of public money.”

She echoed comments by Coun David Robinson (Ind, Wyke) that the loan was unseemly in the face of council cutbacks. He said: “It is disgusting. We are closing old people’s homes and making other cuts and yet we can make a loan like this.”

Coun Green said there would be no further comment over and above a statement issued last week that the loan was secured. Mr Khan, however, is preparing to hold a press conference to clarify his position.

On Tuesday, London businessman Richard Lamb said he still wanted to buy the Bulls after the club was docked six points by the Rugby Football League for entering administration.

He had earlier been turned down by administrators in favour of an offer by Bradford Bulls 2014 Ltd, led by a team of club directors.

Bradford South Labour MP Gerry Sutcliffe – who supported Mr Khan’s purchase of the club - said: “It is vital that the club's future is determined.”

He said administrators should do all they could to help Mr Lamb take on the club.

Mr Galloway said Tuesday had been “a devastating day”. “Losing points was a punishment,” he said. “But the uncertainty about the very existence of the club is the real punishment - for the whole city. The Bulls are absolutely integral to Bradford.”

On the loan, he said council taxpayers were likely to lose out. “I can’t see how this money can be repaid,” he said.

Mr Galloway was spending yesterday contacting MPs, councillors and other parties in a bid to arrange a meeting.

Mr Khan said he had taken advice and could not comment at this stage. “But very shortly I will do with a press conference,” he said.

Coun Robinson asked for information about the loan in January when he wrote to chief executive Tony Reeves, but has had no reply.

“We want answers," he said., "There is a lot of disquiet. These are very muddy waters and I won’t let it go. I will be keeping an eye on this.”

At the council's budget meeting last week, Coun Sunderland called for details about the loan. "I am concerned because the decision was made behind closed doors. It harks back to the 1960s.

"Coun Green needs to report to the public on this."

In response to questions at last week's meeting, a council statement said: "The council made a commercial loan to Bradford Bulls that was secured. The council is taking appropriate steps in the circumstances with regard to repayment, as we would with any other commercial transaction.

"We continue to work with Bradford Bulls and the Rugby Football League in seeking to ensure a sustainable future of the club, while protecting taxpayers' interests."

Bulls chief executive Robbie Hunter-Paul said yesterday: "The person who comes in now and takes over will really have to prove themselves.

"Thankfully, we have a lot of people in the business who have dealt with this kind of thing for donkeys' years.

"I have always had the club at heart. I am part of the fabric of the club and want what's best for it. I could have walked away many times in recent months but I am still here."

Comments (42)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:33am Thu 27 Feb 14

Papa Smurfs Wig says...

At last the loan has been addressed. Jeanette some of us have been asking about this for months. I know all about Tony Reeves not trplying as l wrote years ago and he never replied about a serious matter.
I very much doubt it will cost the club but after what the RFL said yesterday about the loan, it has become a cause for concern.
Dave Green loves to talk but he won't on this one. Lets see what Omar chips in with in his press conference.
"Ok" lets go .
At last the loan has been addressed. Jeanette some of us have been asking about this for months. I know all about Tony Reeves not trplying as l wrote years ago and he never replied about a serious matter. I very much doubt it will cost the club but after what the RFL said yesterday about the loan, it has become a cause for concern. Dave Green loves to talk but he won't on this one. Lets see what Omar chips in with in his press conference. "Ok" lets go . Papa Smurfs Wig
  • Score: 14

7:58am Thu 27 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Is that all Sutcliffe has to say on the matter?
He was a director of the Bulls along with Ian Greenwood former labour council leader and Mick Swailes who is a labour party member and Sutcliffe's media manager.
Who granted this loan? The Labour run Bradford council.
Is this all just a coincidence? Who knows but it's to see the T&A do some digging to find out.
Is that all Sutcliffe has to say on the matter? He was a director of the Bulls along with Ian Greenwood former labour council leader and Mick Swailes who is a labour party member and Sutcliffe's media manager. Who granted this loan? The Labour run Bradford council. Is this all just a coincidence? Who knows but it's to see the T&A do some digging to find out. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 26

7:59am Thu 27 Feb 14

Yorkshire Lass says...

I do not understand why the Council should help a business in this way, whether it be sport or otherwise. As Bradford MP Gerry Sutcliffe was involved with the initial dealings with Mr Khan, perhaps he should throw some light on the matter instead of once again just giving comments and nothing to explain how this situation has occurred.
I do not understand why the Council should help a business in this way, whether it be sport or otherwise. As Bradford MP Gerry Sutcliffe was involved with the initial dealings with Mr Khan, perhaps he should throw some light on the matter instead of once again just giving comments and nothing to explain how this situation has occurred. Yorkshire Lass
  • Score: 23

7:59am Thu 27 Feb 14

realcitygent says...

what a bloody shambles ,imo i think the club should fold they have proved over the years they cannot run the club without taxpayers help ,200,000 loan who is going to pay that back ,why should us tax payers keep bailing this failing business out ,i also think whoever allowed this loan to be approved wants shooting ,how the hell did they expect to get the money back ,when the club cant even pay wages/bills ,bradford council and there clown leader green hang there heads in shame , will we hear anything from green about this farce i think not ,bulls fans its time to say goodbye and good riddance
what a bloody shambles ,imo i think the club should fold they have proved over the years they cannot run the club without taxpayers help ,200,000 loan who is going to pay that back ,why should us tax payers keep bailing this failing business out ,i also think whoever allowed this loan to be approved wants shooting ,how the hell did they expect to get the money back ,when the club cant even pay wages/bills ,bradford council and there clown leader green hang there heads in shame , will we hear anything from green about this farce i think not ,bulls fans its time to say goodbye and good riddance realcitygent
  • Score: -1

8:08am Thu 27 Feb 14

Peeksville says...

Its only coming out now because of what the RFL said yesterday. Smoke and mirrors all the way with Bradford Council. How dare they pick and choose which private businesses to help with tax payers money. Other sporting clubs have struggled in Bradford to be told WE DON'T HELP PRIVATE COMPANIES!!!!!
A £200,000 unsecured loan to a private company with no assets and poor recent finaNcial record!!!! YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP!
Its only coming out now because of what the RFL said yesterday. Smoke and mirrors all the way with Bradford Council. How dare they pick and choose which private businesses to help with tax payers money. Other sporting clubs have struggled in Bradford to be told WE DON'T HELP PRIVATE COMPANIES!!!!! A £200,000 unsecured loan to a private company with no assets and poor recent finaNcial record!!!! YOU COULDN'T MAKE IT UP! Peeksville
  • Score: 31

8:36am Thu 27 Feb 14

alive and awake says...

I want my Council tax returned! You are just wasting it Green.
I want my Council tax returned! You are just wasting it Green. alive and awake
  • Score: 30

8:47am Thu 27 Feb 14

Big_Biscuit says...

You can write that £200k off for a start. Not a hope of getting that back. The whole thing is a total shambles typical of the way the rugby club and council have been run for decades. And it just seems to get worse if that is possible. I feel sorry for the fans and players. The only way forward is to let the club go bust and start again from the bottom with a clean slate.
You can write that £200k off for a start. Not a hope of getting that back. The whole thing is a total shambles typical of the way the rugby club and council have been run for decades. And it just seems to get worse if that is possible. I feel sorry for the fans and players. The only way forward is to let the club go bust and start again from the bottom with a clean slate. Big_Biscuit
  • Score: 14

8:57am Thu 27 Feb 14

tyker7745 says...

I said it was dodgy a while ago and the council refused my request for information under the Freedom Of Information Act. Perhaps all those interested should apply: see the council web site
I said it was dodgy a while ago and the council refused my request for information under the Freedom Of Information Act. Perhaps all those interested should apply: see the council web site tyker7745
  • Score: 19

9:00am Thu 27 Feb 14

Thee Voice of Reason says...

What makes this waste worse is details regarding the rising council tax.

To raise tax by 1.6% the increase in receipts from council tax would be £2.2m, however freezing council tax would allow for a grant of £1.7m to be obtained from the government. Therefore the net gain from this rise to everyone is £500k. Part of this no doubt will go to cover the default of this loan.
What makes this waste worse is details regarding the rising council tax. To raise tax by 1.6% the increase in receipts from council tax would be £2.2m, however freezing council tax would allow for a grant of £1.7m to be obtained from the government. Therefore the net gain from this rise to everyone is £500k. Part of this no doubt will go to cover the default of this loan. Thee Voice of Reason
  • Score: 12

9:04am Thu 27 Feb 14

Bowlingboy says...

I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way,

However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot?
Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss.

However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time.

And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end. Bowlingboy
  • Score: 19

9:33am Thu 27 Feb 14

Farsley Bantam says...

Bowlingboy wrote:
I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
Personally I am all for the council providing LOANS to sporting institutions in times of need. As you say they are important to large sections of the community and in that regard they are different to 'normal' businesses.
However the council should have taken a sensible view on this and as GG states, the agreement should have been copper bottomed. I think we can safely assume that this did not happen here, what with it being Bradford Council.
[quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]Personally I am all for the council providing LOANS to sporting institutions in times of need. As you say they are important to large sections of the community and in that regard they are different to 'normal' businesses. However the council should have taken a sensible view on this and as GG states, the agreement should have been copper bottomed. I think we can safely assume that this did not happen here, what with it being Bradford Council. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: 8

9:42am Thu 27 Feb 14

Bowlingboy says...

Farsley Bantam wrote:
Bowlingboy wrote:
I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
Personally I am all for the council providing LOANS to sporting institutions in times of need. As you say they are important to large sections of the community and in that regard they are different to 'normal' businesses.
However the council should have taken a sensible view on this and as GG states, the agreement should have been copper bottomed. I think we can safely assume that this did not happen here, what with it being Bradford Council.
I think the £200k is firmly now in OK'S back pocket..
[quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]Personally I am all for the council providing LOANS to sporting institutions in times of need. As you say they are important to large sections of the community and in that regard they are different to 'normal' businesses. However the council should have taken a sensible view on this and as GG states, the agreement should have been copper bottomed. I think we can safely assume that this did not happen here, what with it being Bradford Council.[/p][/quote]I think the £200k is firmly now in OK'S back pocket.. Bowlingboy
  • Score: 12

9:44am Thu 27 Feb 14

Peeksville says...

Bowlingboy wrote:
Farsley Bantam wrote:
Bowlingboy wrote:
I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
Personally I am all for the council providing LOANS to sporting institutions in times of need. As you say they are important to large sections of the community and in that regard they are different to 'normal' businesses.
However the council should have taken a sensible view on this and as GG states, the agreement should have been copper bottomed. I think we can safely assume that this did not happen here, what with it being Bradford Council.
I think the £200k is firmly now in OK'S back pocket..
And the irony is OK have put another offer in!
[quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]Personally I am all for the council providing LOANS to sporting institutions in times of need. As you say they are important to large sections of the community and in that regard they are different to 'normal' businesses. However the council should have taken a sensible view on this and as GG states, the agreement should have been copper bottomed. I think we can safely assume that this did not happen here, what with it being Bradford Council.[/p][/quote]I think the £200k is firmly now in OK'S back pocket..[/p][/quote]And the irony is OK have put another offer in! Peeksville
  • Score: 11

10:00am Thu 27 Feb 14

Mike Strutter says...

We've known about this for ages, just that the t&a never had the balls to investigate.

Someone call the fraud squad, I know at least 3 individuals who have got answers to give and none are the recently departed directors
We've known about this for ages, just that the t&a never had the balls to investigate. Someone call the fraud squad, I know at least 3 individuals who have got answers to give and none are the recently departed directors Mike Strutter
  • Score: 21

10:10am Thu 27 Feb 14

realcitygent says...

Bowlingboy wrote:
I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way,

However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot?
Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss.

However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time.

And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green
[quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green realcitygent
  • Score: 19

10:20am Thu 27 Feb 14

Bowlingboy says...

realcitygent wrote:
Bowlingboy wrote:
I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way,

However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot?
Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss.

However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time.

And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green
The club would be alright if the RFL and administrator choose a buyer with actual funds and acumen to run a professional rugby League Club,

Although a Salford doctor style billionaire would be cool,
A sensible accomplished business consortium with RL knowledge would be cool also.

They don't need to fold they just need selling to the right buyer.

With regards to Omar and Jerrys financial dealings they should be legally investigated and held to account but maybe due to OK's ethnic background the scandal would hit to hard?
[quote][p][bold]realcitygent[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green[/p][/quote]The club would be alright if the RFL and administrator choose a buyer with actual funds and acumen to run a professional rugby League Club, Although a Salford doctor style billionaire would be cool, A sensible accomplished business consortium with RL knowledge would be cool also. They don't need to fold they just need selling to the right buyer. With regards to Omar and Jerrys financial dealings they should be legally investigated and held to account but maybe due to OK's ethnic background the scandal would hit to hard? Bowlingboy
  • Score: 19

10:50am Thu 27 Feb 14

BD16 says...

Bowlingboy wrote:
realcitygent wrote:
Bowlingboy wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green
The club would be alright if the RFL and administrator choose a buyer with actual funds and acumen to run a professional rugby League Club, Although a Salford doctor style billionaire would be cool, A sensible accomplished business consortium with RL knowledge would be cool also. They don't need to fold they just need selling to the right buyer. With regards to Omar and Jerrys financial dealings they should be legally investigated and held to account but maybe due to OK's ethnic background the scandal would hit to hard?
Isn't the problem that nobody with funds and business acumen has shown an interest in buying the Bulls?

No problem with an above board, and properly secured, loan to a Bradford sporting organisation but a behind doors loan from a Labour council to a company with a Labour MP, a former Labour council leader and a Labour party donor as directors? It doesn't look good, does it?
[quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]realcitygent[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green[/p][/quote]The club would be alright if the RFL and administrator choose a buyer with actual funds and acumen to run a professional rugby League Club, Although a Salford doctor style billionaire would be cool, A sensible accomplished business consortium with RL knowledge would be cool also. They don't need to fold they just need selling to the right buyer. With regards to Omar and Jerrys financial dealings they should be legally investigated and held to account but maybe due to OK's ethnic background the scandal would hit to hard?[/p][/quote]Isn't the problem that nobody with funds and business acumen has shown an interest in buying the Bulls? No problem with an above board, and properly secured, loan to a Bradford sporting organisation but a behind doors loan from a Labour council to a company with a Labour MP, a former Labour council leader and a Labour party donor as directors? It doesn't look good, does it? BD16
  • Score: 16

11:07am Thu 27 Feb 14

bingleymoor says...

As a Council Tax payer I also made a Freedom of Information request to our Council and was sent a copy of the T&A report of a Council meeting held recently with a comment that the Council would not give me details of the loan as it was "commercially confidential". I then went to the District Auditor who surely will investigate and got a "It`s nothing to do with me response, amazing that everyone is running for cover.
There needs to be a full investigation into the apparent cronyism of the Group who have conspired to use Tax payers money , namely Messrs. Greenwood, Green, Sutcliffe and Reeves and if as I suspect there is no repayment clause that will stand up or is enforceable then they should be personally surcharged which I understand can be done by Central Govt.
As a Council Tax payer I also made a Freedom of Information request to our Council and was sent a copy of the T&A report of a Council meeting held recently with a comment that the Council would not give me details of the loan as it was "commercially confidential". I then went to the District Auditor who surely will investigate and got a "It`s nothing to do with me response, amazing that everyone is running for cover. There needs to be a full investigation into the apparent cronyism of the Group who have conspired to use Tax payers money , namely Messrs. Greenwood, Green, Sutcliffe and Reeves and if as I suspect there is no repayment clause that will stand up or is enforceable then they should be personally surcharged which I understand can be done by Central Govt. bingleymoor
  • Score: 13

11:08am Thu 27 Feb 14

Farsley Bantam says...

BD16 wrote:
Bowlingboy wrote:
realcitygent wrote:
Bowlingboy wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.
about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green
The club would be alright if the RFL and administrator choose a buyer with actual funds and acumen to run a professional rugby League Club, Although a Salford doctor style billionaire would be cool, A sensible accomplished business consortium with RL knowledge would be cool also. They don't need to fold they just need selling to the right buyer. With regards to Omar and Jerrys financial dealings they should be legally investigated and held to account but maybe due to OK's ethnic background the scandal would hit to hard?
Isn't the problem that nobody with funds and business acumen has shown an interest in buying the Bulls? No problem with an above board, and properly secured, loan to a Bradford sporting organisation but a behind doors loan from a Labour council to a company with a Labour MP, a former Labour council leader and a Labour party donor as directors? It doesn't look good, does it?
Nail on head.
You know full well that if this was done by Conservatives Green would be shouting from the rooftops to score a few political points. As it's a Labour scandal we hear nothing but an issued statement from the Council which tells us nothing.
Full inquiry needed.
[quote][p][bold]BD16[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]realcitygent[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: I agree it is a disgrace to squander public money in this way, However I don't agree with the city fan that says the bulls should fold, what if the shoe was on the other foot? Bradford isn't the best place to live in the world and to a fairly substantial number of people going to watch the bulls (as a family) is a very welcomed break, as is a visit to Valley Parade or Park Avenue, or Keighley Cougars for that matter, so to see any Long standing Bradford sporting institution disappear would be a great loss. However in this case the money has gone somewhere, and Sutcliffe and Khan need to be held accountable, There needs to be an investigation into Embezzlement of company funds because I fail to see how the amounts of debts run up and money disappearing can have come about in such a short space of time. And finally George Galloway is a clown that is using the situation as before to grab some free publicity, and doesn't really give a **** about the Bulls or the people of Bradford they are simply a means to an end.[/p][/quote]about not agreing about bulls folding ,how do you expect them to carry on as a business they have no owners no money maybe getting relagated also if they do carry on they will be losing money week after week,the only way is for david green to hand over more cash and put council tax up again ,you say about the shoe on the other foot bcfc have been there a few times ,but we are very lucky to have 2 great directors who care for our club and run it as a business ,you have just to look at some of the clowns bulls have had on board then you can see why the club need to fold and start again, omar khan ia laughing 200000 richer due to david green[/p][/quote]The club would be alright if the RFL and administrator choose a buyer with actual funds and acumen to run a professional rugby League Club, Although a Salford doctor style billionaire would be cool, A sensible accomplished business consortium with RL knowledge would be cool also. They don't need to fold they just need selling to the right buyer. With regards to Omar and Jerrys financial dealings they should be legally investigated and held to account but maybe due to OK's ethnic background the scandal would hit to hard?[/p][/quote]Isn't the problem that nobody with funds and business acumen has shown an interest in buying the Bulls? No problem with an above board, and properly secured, loan to a Bradford sporting organisation but a behind doors loan from a Labour council to a company with a Labour MP, a former Labour council leader and a Labour party donor as directors? It doesn't look good, does it?[/p][/quote]Nail on head. You know full well that if this was done by Conservatives Green would be shouting from the rooftops to score a few political points. As it's a Labour scandal we hear nothing but an issued statement from the Council which tells us nothing. Full inquiry needed. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: 17

11:33am Thu 27 Feb 14

Avro says...

Big_Biscuit wrote:
You can write that £200k off for a start. Not a hope of getting that back. The whole thing is a total shambles typical of the way the rugby club and council have been run for decades. And it just seems to get worse if that is possible. I feel sorry for the fans and players. The only way forward is to let the club go bust and start again from the bottom with a clean slate.
If we do not get our money back, those responsible for granting it should resign or be sacked!

The council have no business investing pubic money into a venture where the writing has been on the wall for some considerable time beforehand.
[quote][p][bold]Big_Biscuit[/bold] wrote: You can write that £200k off for a start. Not a hope of getting that back. The whole thing is a total shambles typical of the way the rugby club and council have been run for decades. And it just seems to get worse if that is possible. I feel sorry for the fans and players. The only way forward is to let the club go bust and start again from the bottom with a clean slate.[/p][/quote]If we do not get our money back, those responsible for granting it should resign or be sacked! The council have no business investing pubic money into a venture where the writing has been on the wall for some considerable time beforehand. Avro
  • Score: 14

11:53am Thu 27 Feb 14

Papa Smurfs Wig says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
Is that all Sutcliffe has to say on the matter?
He was a director of the Bulls along with Ian Greenwood former labour council leader and Mick Swailes who is a labour party member and Sutcliffe's media manager.
Who granted this loan? The Labour run Bradford council.
Is this all just a coincidence? Who knows but it's to see the T&A do some digging to find out.
Oh yes, l forgot about Mr Grumpy. No doubt a few of the Labour lot will be running scared now.
Well l can imagine the Daily Mail might fancy this one. Just think of it, public funds, Labour MP going very quiet and all these cuts going on. It might even reach parliament.
A few of us have been banging this drum for months tegarding the loan and Dave Green still won't answer.
I don't know if it's true or not but someone mentioned the Bulls staff were meant to be paid this week. Now the points deduction might not be the only reason why the new board back out. They might not have taken as much revenue as thry had hoped even so early in the season.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: Is that all Sutcliffe has to say on the matter? He was a director of the Bulls along with Ian Greenwood former labour council leader and Mick Swailes who is a labour party member and Sutcliffe's media manager. Who granted this loan? The Labour run Bradford council. Is this all just a coincidence? Who knows but it's to see the T&A do some digging to find out.[/p][/quote]Oh yes, l forgot about Mr Grumpy. No doubt a few of the Labour lot will be running scared now. Well l can imagine the Daily Mail might fancy this one. Just think of it, public funds, Labour MP going very quiet and all these cuts going on. It might even reach parliament. A few of us have been banging this drum for months tegarding the loan and Dave Green still won't answer. I don't know if it's true or not but someone mentioned the Bulls staff were meant to be paid this week. Now the points deduction might not be the only reason why the new board back out. They might not have taken as much revenue as thry had hoped even so early in the season. Papa Smurfs Wig
  • Score: 13

11:53am Thu 27 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

It would appear by GS recommendation of Lamb's bid that the rumours about OK's involvement in that consortium seem to have some truth.
It would appear by GS recommendation of Lamb's bid that the rumours about OK's involvement in that consortium seem to have some truth. fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: 7

12:04pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Bowlingboy says...

fedupwiththeBS wrote:
It would appear by GS recommendation of Lamb's bid that the rumours about OK's involvement in that consortium seem to have some truth.
You couldn't make it up!.....

For everyone's sake the new buyer needs to be someone that's business plan includes investing at least a couple of million into the club from the word go or we are looking at a repeat within no time.

Everyone involved to date wanted the prestige of owning the brand whilst investing other peoples money.

Shame on the RFL though for selling the club to OK in the first place what a set of clowns.
[quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: It would appear by GS recommendation of Lamb's bid that the rumours about OK's involvement in that consortium seem to have some truth.[/p][/quote]You couldn't make it up!..... For everyone's sake the new buyer needs to be someone that's business plan includes investing at least a couple of million into the club from the word go or we are looking at a repeat within no time. Everyone involved to date wanted the prestige of owning the brand whilst investing other peoples money. Shame on the RFL though for selling the club to OK in the first place what a set of clowns. Bowlingboy
  • Score: 9

12:15pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Farsley Bantam says...

Bowlingboy wrote:
fedupwiththeBS wrote: It would appear by GS recommendation of Lamb's bid that the rumours about OK's involvement in that consortium seem to have some truth.
You couldn't make it up!..... For everyone's sake the new buyer needs to be someone that's business plan includes investing at least a couple of million into the club from the word go or we are looking at a repeat within no time. Everyone involved to date wanted the prestige of owning the brand whilst investing other peoples money. Shame on the RFL though for selling the club to OK in the first place what a set of clowns.
Noone in their right mind would invest £2m. I imagine their are very few people who;
-Have an interest in Bradford
-Have an interest in rugby league
-Have a spare £2m that they can afford to lose by investing in an extremely high risk company

Even if they match all those criteria would anyone want to go anywhere near this mess?
[quote][p][bold]Bowlingboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]fedupwiththeBS[/bold] wrote: It would appear by GS recommendation of Lamb's bid that the rumours about OK's involvement in that consortium seem to have some truth.[/p][/quote]You couldn't make it up!..... For everyone's sake the new buyer needs to be someone that's business plan includes investing at least a couple of million into the club from the word go or we are looking at a repeat within no time. Everyone involved to date wanted the prestige of owning the brand whilst investing other peoples money. Shame on the RFL though for selling the club to OK in the first place what a set of clowns.[/p][/quote]Noone in their right mind would invest £2m. I imagine their are very few people who; -Have an interest in Bradford -Have an interest in rugby league -Have a spare £2m that they can afford to lose by investing in an extremely high risk company Even if they match all those criteria would anyone want to go anywhere near this mess? Farsley Bantam
  • Score: 3

12:32pm Thu 27 Feb 14

MrQuinque says...

This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.
This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table. MrQuinque
  • Score: 8

1:09pm Thu 27 Feb 14

hx3bantam says...

MrQuinque wrote:
This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.
Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.
[quote][p][bold]MrQuinque[/bold] wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.[/p][/quote]Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall. hx3bantam
  • Score: 3

1:18pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Farsley Bantam says...

hx3bantam wrote:
MrQuinque wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.
Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.
Don't want to start this one up again but.................
.Valley Parade is an excellent stadium that is already built.
[quote][p][bold]hx3bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MrQuinque[/bold] wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.[/p][/quote]Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.[/p][/quote]Don't want to start this one up again but................. .Valley Parade is an excellent stadium that is already built. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: 8

1:18pm Thu 27 Feb 14

fedupwiththeBS says...

MrQuinque wrote:
This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.
That would be an idea if we still had the fan base or the strength of Community to buy it out.

Despite the fantastic efforts last time there was under a million raised, there is no way that Bradford could cough up the 2 million that is reputedly needed for the Club to survive.

Bulls fans have a decision to make; do we want a SL Club in the city or not. If no then we may as well pack it in now. If yes the fans need to get back to Odsal and start supporting the team.

A win over London on Sunday and we are almost alive again but playing in front of a few hundred people is not going to inspire players or new owners.

This game is possible the biggest game in the Clubs history, a chance to show the RFL and the rest of SL that we do belong and have every right to sit at the top table.

It would send the right message to all if we can have a 10,000 + crowd.
[quote][p][bold]MrQuinque[/bold] wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.[/p][/quote]That would be an idea if we still had the fan base or the strength of Community to buy it out. Despite the fantastic efforts last time there was under a million raised, there is no way that Bradford could cough up the 2 million that is reputedly needed for the Club to survive. Bulls fans have a decision to make; do we want a SL Club in the city or not. If no then we may as well pack it in now. If yes the fans need to get back to Odsal and start supporting the team. A win over London on Sunday and we are almost alive again but playing in front of a few hundred people is not going to inspire players or new owners. This game is possible the biggest game in the Clubs history, a chance to show the RFL and the rest of SL that we do belong and have every right to sit at the top table. It would send the right message to all if we can have a 10,000 + crowd. fedupwiththeBS
  • Score: 3

1:41pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Papa Smurfs Wig says...

Farsley Bantam wrote:
hx3bantam wrote:
MrQuinque wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.
Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.
Don't want to start this one up again but.................

.Valley Parade is an excellent stadium that is already built.
You seem to forget that it wasn't hood enough for their fans ten years ago Farsley. They say the ground is too small as are the seats for the average rugby fan.
And the council said they wouldn't back a commercial enterprise back then but they kept handing money over to Caisley and co. That £5 million or so didn't take long to dry up. Oh and l seem to remember manu Bulls fans were saying let City die.
Where are the Bulls apologists today like Bronco and Raise? Oh and a few more.
I hope the Bulls get out of this situation and l won't be a sad act like many of them were.
[quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hx3bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MrQuinque[/bold] wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.[/p][/quote]Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.[/p][/quote]Don't want to start this one up again but................. .Valley Parade is an excellent stadium that is already built.[/p][/quote]You seem to forget that it wasn't hood enough for their fans ten years ago Farsley. They say the ground is too small as are the seats for the average rugby fan. And the council said they wouldn't back a commercial enterprise back then but they kept handing money over to Caisley and co. That £5 million or so didn't take long to dry up. Oh and l seem to remember manu Bulls fans were saying let City die. Where are the Bulls apologists today like Bronco and Raise? Oh and a few more. I hope the Bulls get out of this situation and l won't be a sad act like many of them were. Papa Smurfs Wig
  • Score: 6

2:10pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Farsley Bantam says...

Papa Smurfs Wig wrote:
Farsley Bantam wrote:
hx3bantam wrote:
MrQuinque wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.
Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.
Don't want to start this one up again but................. .Valley Parade is an excellent stadium that is already built.
You seem to forget that it wasn't hood enough for their fans ten years ago Farsley. They say the ground is too small as are the seats for the average rugby fan. And the council said they wouldn't back a commercial enterprise back then but they kept handing money over to Caisley and co. That £5 million or so didn't take long to dry up. Oh and l seem to remember manu Bulls fans were saying let City die. Where are the Bulls apologists today like Bronco and Raise? Oh and a few more. I hope the Bulls get out of this situation and l won't be a sad act like many of them were.
There was talk of it a few years ago if I remember right. There were many on here who made out as if it's a Taliban stronghold where every parked car is vandalised. Funny, never had a problem in 20 years of going.
[quote][p][bold]Papa Smurfs Wig[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Farsley Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hx3bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MrQuinque[/bold] wrote: This whole situation is a joke, pretty much the only way the Bulls are going to survive is with a full Community buyout, including getting the ground's lease back from the RFL. The only other way somebody should be allowed to buy the club is if they are going to pay off the debts out of their own pockets on day one, nobody should be allowed to take control without money on the table.[/p][/quote]Surely any supporter lead buyout would not want the yoke that is Odsal round it's neck. Have a word with BPA about developing Horsfall.[/p][/quote]Don't want to start this one up again but................. .Valley Parade is an excellent stadium that is already built.[/p][/quote]You seem to forget that it wasn't hood enough for their fans ten years ago Farsley. They say the ground is too small as are the seats for the average rugby fan. And the council said they wouldn't back a commercial enterprise back then but they kept handing money over to Caisley and co. That £5 million or so didn't take long to dry up. Oh and l seem to remember manu Bulls fans were saying let City die. Where are the Bulls apologists today like Bronco and Raise? Oh and a few more. I hope the Bulls get out of this situation and l won't be a sad act like many of them were.[/p][/quote]There was talk of it a few years ago if I remember right. There were many on here who made out as if it's a Taliban stronghold where every parked car is vandalised. Funny, never had a problem in 20 years of going. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: 6

2:18pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Mr Perks says...

Speaking as an exiled Bradfordian and City season ticket holding fan, who now lives in Calderdale. I'd be absolutely livid if I thought my council tax money had been given to a private company, without an absolute guarantee that it would be repaid. You can call me petty, but I'm afraid I have absolutely no sympathy for the Bulls or their fans. They did nothing but complain when they resided at Valley Parade, took great pleasure in the thought that the club would go bust and the council point blank refused any financial assistance. I know not every Bulls fan actively disliked the Bantams, but IME a large percentage did. This is why I have a feeling of schadenfreude over what is happening now. They are reaping exactly what they once sowed!
Speaking as an exiled Bradfordian and City season ticket holding fan, who now lives in Calderdale. I'd be absolutely livid if I thought my council tax money had been given to a private company, without an absolute guarantee that it would be repaid. You can call me petty, but I'm afraid I have absolutely no sympathy for the Bulls or their fans. They did nothing but complain when they resided at Valley Parade, took great pleasure in the thought that the club would go bust and the council point blank refused any financial assistance. I know not every Bulls fan actively disliked the Bantams, but IME a large percentage did. This is why I have a feeling of schadenfreude over what is happening now. They are reaping exactly what they once sowed! Mr Perks
  • Score: 3

2:41pm Thu 27 Feb 14

oddshapedballs says...

As a landlord I have allowed tennants to pay late under special circumstances. Is this loan not similar, all be it on a grander scale. Get over it
As a landlord I have allowed tennants to pay late under special circumstances. Is this loan not similar, all be it on a grander scale. Get over it oddshapedballs
  • Score: -10

2:47pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Farsley Bantam says...

oddshapedballs wrote:
As a landlord I have allowed tennants to pay late under special circumstances. Is this loan not similar, all be it on a grander scale. Get over it
Totally different in every way.
[quote][p][bold]oddshapedballs[/bold] wrote: As a landlord I have allowed tennants to pay late under special circumstances. Is this loan not similar, all be it on a grander scale. Get over it[/p][/quote]Totally different in every way. Farsley Bantam
  • Score: 9

3:04pm Thu 27 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

To all you City fans.This is not about points scoring.This is about finding a way to keep Professional Sport alive in this City.Goodness knows there is not a lot more in the place.Yes,200,000.00 should not have been lent out without a cast iron guarantee but as far as I can ascertain this money was lent with a guarantor,namely.O.K
han.That,in my opinion is the person who should be made to pay it back.What,in heavens name have the Bulls supporters got to do with this situation.They support their chosen club just like you do.Remember how many times you came out with the begging bowl and many people came out and donated to your cause.The problem with you people knocking the Bulls is that you are not SPORTSMEN just clowns who cannot see further than the end of your nose.True Sportspeople do not want to see the demise of any sporting club whether it be Cricket,Rugby,Footba
ll or any other sport.By all means have a go at the Council for wasting Council money but to come out and say a sporting Institution should be closed down is just pathetic.There again as I have said,why would it worry you? You are nor sportsmen.
To all you City fans.This is not about points scoring.This is about finding a way to keep Professional Sport alive in this City.Goodness knows there is not a lot more in the place.Yes,200,000.00 should not have been lent out without a cast iron guarantee but as far as I can ascertain this money was lent with a guarantor,namely.O.K han.That,in my opinion is the person who should be made to pay it back.What,in heavens name have the Bulls supporters got to do with this situation.They support their chosen club just like you do.Remember how many times you came out with the begging bowl and many people came out and donated to your cause.The problem with you people knocking the Bulls is that you are not SPORTSMEN just clowns who cannot see further than the end of your nose.True Sportspeople do not want to see the demise of any sporting club whether it be Cricket,Rugby,Footba ll or any other sport.By all means have a go at the Council for wasting Council money but to come out and say a sporting Institution should be closed down is just pathetic.There again as I have said,why would it worry you? You are nor sportsmen. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 2

6:10pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Papa Smurfs Wig says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
To all you City fans.This is not about points scoring.This is about finding a way to keep Professional Sport alive in this City.Goodness knows there is not a lot more in the place.Yes,200,000.00 should not have been lent out without a cast iron guarantee but as far as I can ascertain this money was lent with a guarantor,namely.O.K

han.That,in my opinion is the person who should be made to pay it back.What,in heavens name have the Bulls supporters got to do with this situation.They support their chosen club just like you do.Remember how many times you came out with the begging bowl and many people came out and donated to your cause.The problem with you people knocking the Bulls is that you are not SPORTSMEN just clowns who cannot see further than the end of your nose.True Sportspeople do not want to see the demise of any sporting club whether it be Cricket,Rugby,Footba

ll or any other sport.By all means have a go at the Council for wasting Council money but to come out and say a sporting Institution should be closed down is just pathetic.There again as I have said,why would it worry you? You are nor sportsmen.
Not me Toots, l've played plenty of sports and l support City, l also hope the Bulls survive for the fans and staff. I used to go when they were Northern but the silly changes to the game along with the rules put me off. A team that finishes top are not the champions unless they get dragged into another play off job, that is idiotic and just revenue earning.
But the Bulls management didn't want speedway or stock cars. That is wrong. The Bulls fans wishing City go to oblivion was wrong, what are they classed as?
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: To all you City fans.This is not about points scoring.This is about finding a way to keep Professional Sport alive in this City.Goodness knows there is not a lot more in the place.Yes,200,000.00 should not have been lent out without a cast iron guarantee but as far as I can ascertain this money was lent with a guarantor,namely.O.K han.That,in my opinion is the person who should be made to pay it back.What,in heavens name have the Bulls supporters got to do with this situation.They support their chosen club just like you do.Remember how many times you came out with the begging bowl and many people came out and donated to your cause.The problem with you people knocking the Bulls is that you are not SPORTSMEN just clowns who cannot see further than the end of your nose.True Sportspeople do not want to see the demise of any sporting club whether it be Cricket,Rugby,Footba ll or any other sport.By all means have a go at the Council for wasting Council money but to come out and say a sporting Institution should be closed down is just pathetic.There again as I have said,why would it worry you? You are nor sportsmen.[/p][/quote]Not me Toots, l've played plenty of sports and l support City, l also hope the Bulls survive for the fans and staff. I used to go when they were Northern but the silly changes to the game along with the rules put me off. A team that finishes top are not the champions unless they get dragged into another play off job, that is idiotic and just revenue earning. But the Bulls management didn't want speedway or stock cars. That is wrong. The Bulls fans wishing City go to oblivion was wrong, what are they classed as? Papa Smurfs Wig
  • Score: 0

6:35pm Thu 27 Feb 14

spanglishbull.uk says...

Papa,
I to am a big speedway fan and would love nothing better than to see speedway back at Odsal.When I am back in England during the Speedway season I getacross to Belle Vue whenever I can.The Bulls fans who wanted City to go to the wall are also not sportsmen.As for Rugby League I to preferred the old style Rugby but time moves on and you either move with it or get left behind.I am and always have been a sportsman and would not wish any club in any sport to go to the wall.Tonight I shall be watching Salford v Saints and will enjoy the match irrespective of the result.Glad to hear you are not one of numpties.
Papa, I to am a big speedway fan and would love nothing better than to see speedway back at Odsal.When I am back in England during the Speedway season I getacross to Belle Vue whenever I can.The Bulls fans who wanted City to go to the wall are also not sportsmen.As for Rugby League I to preferred the old style Rugby but time moves on and you either move with it or get left behind.I am and always have been a sportsman and would not wish any club in any sport to go to the wall.Tonight I shall be watching Salford v Saints and will enjoy the match irrespective of the result.Glad to hear you are not one of numpties. spanglishbull.uk
  • Score: 1

7:37pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Alhaurinrhino says...

Typical Liebour. This whole reeking episode should be investigated by the police and maybe even the parliamentary standards committee.
Typical Liebour. This whole reeking episode should be investigated by the police and maybe even the parliamentary standards committee. Alhaurinrhino
  • Score: 8

8:51pm Thu 27 Feb 14

They only do damage! says...

Withhold council tax, until all money is repaid. Were been treated like mugs.
Withhold council tax, until all money is repaid. Were been treated like mugs. They only do damage!
  • Score: 4

9:08pm Thu 27 Feb 14

Papa Smurfs Wig says...

spanglishbull.uk wrote:
Papa,
I to am a big speedway fan and would love nothing better than to see speedway back at Odsal.When I am back in England during the Speedway season I getacross to Belle Vue whenever I can.The Bulls fans who wanted City to go to the wall are also not sportsmen.As for Rugby League I to preferred the old style Rugby but time moves on and you either move with it or get left behind.I am and always have been a sportsman and would not wish any club in any sport to go to the wall.Tonight I shall be watching Salford v Saints and will enjoy the match irrespective of the result.Glad to hear you are not one of numpties.
So why have Caisley and others been do against speedway and Stock cars?
Before the council gifted them the £5 million os so for the upkeep of the stadium. Weren't the others tenents or did the rugby sub let?
The council said the money was what they would have spent for twenty five years or so.
If the Bulls football/City haters would wind it in, would they back a move to Valley Parade to save their club without moaning? I know the pitch is shorter with the in goal area but is it an option?
We've been there with out club minutes away from bring no more and its not nice.
It really does seem daft having both stadiums.
[quote][p][bold]spanglishbull.uk[/bold] wrote: Papa, I to am a big speedway fan and would love nothing better than to see speedway back at Odsal.When I am back in England during the Speedway season I getacross to Belle Vue whenever I can.The Bulls fans who wanted City to go to the wall are also not sportsmen.As for Rugby League I to preferred the old style Rugby but time moves on and you either move with it or get left behind.I am and always have been a sportsman and would not wish any club in any sport to go to the wall.Tonight I shall be watching Salford v Saints and will enjoy the match irrespective of the result.Glad to hear you are not one of numpties.[/p][/quote]So why have Caisley and others been do against speedway and Stock cars? Before the council gifted them the £5 million os so for the upkeep of the stadium. Weren't the others tenents or did the rugby sub let? The council said the money was what they would have spent for twenty five years or so. If the Bulls football/City haters would wind it in, would they back a move to Valley Parade to save their club without moaning? I know the pitch is shorter with the in goal area but is it an option? We've been there with out club minutes away from bring no more and its not nice. It really does seem daft having both stadiums. Papa Smurfs Wig
  • Score: 3

10:46pm Thu 27 Feb 14

queenyfan says...

Trust me. The questions to ask are.

Who was the loan made payable to. ( it was not made payable to the Bulls)
Where was the Council Chief Executive when the loan was approved? On holiday!
Mr Green told me it was a Commercialy viable loan with a decent interest rate attached. I replied it was only commercial viable if it was repaid.
Asked why the Council approved a loan to the Bulls but not to City when they were in trouble I was told by Mr Greeen " that was then and this is now"
Trust me. The questions to ask are. Who was the loan made payable to. ( it was not made payable to the Bulls) Where was the Council Chief Executive when the loan was approved? On holiday! Mr Green told me it was a Commercialy viable loan with a decent interest rate attached. I replied it was only commercial viable if it was repaid. Asked why the Council approved a loan to the Bulls but not to City when they were in trouble I was told by Mr Greeen " that was then and this is now" queenyfan
  • Score: 2

8:58am Fri 28 Feb 14

billybobbull says...

The overall budget or 2014 is over £1BILLION the net budget is £453MILLION. I am NOT sure a LOAN of £200K is that big a deal except perhaps the horse trading and an MPs involvement
This is just points scoring by small town councillors for personal reasons. YES tax payers need to be re-paid, but don't think this is quite the Great Train Robbery. It's a loan, with guarantees.
Galloway is after the publicity as usual, watch PMQs on Wednesday!!!!
The overall budget or 2014 is over £1BILLION the net budget is £453MILLION. I am NOT sure a LOAN of £200K is that big a deal except perhaps the horse trading and an MPs involvement This is just points scoring by small town councillors for personal reasons. YES tax payers need to be re-paid, but don't think this is quite the Great Train Robbery. It's a loan, with guarantees. Galloway is after the publicity as usual, watch PMQs on Wednesday!!!! billybobbull
  • Score: 1

5:48pm Fri 28 Feb 14

BierleyBoy says...

billybobbull wrote:
The overall budget or 2014 is over £1BILLION the net budget is £453MILLION. I am NOT sure a LOAN of £200K is that big a deal except perhaps the horse trading and an MPs involvement
This is just points scoring by small town councillors for personal reasons. YES tax payers need to be re-paid, but don't think this is quite the Great Train Robbery. It's a loan, with guarantees.
Galloway is after the publicity as usual, watch PMQs on Wednesday!!!!
On the contrary, it is a big deal when the Labour leader of the council authorises the use of public money to fund a private business that is so closely tied to the Bradford Labour party.

There was no reason at all why Sutcliffe or any other of the Labour mob that were directors could not have used their own money to fund the business.

Instead they kept their own money and used ours. How is that in any way acceptable?

The loan was not made on a sound commercial basis. There was no business case to justify it being made, just a string of excuses why it was done.

The loan was not to secure the future of the club, it wasn't to invest in infrastructure or assets, it was a political favour to use public money to cash flow a business for a Labour friend.

Heads should roll
[quote][p][bold]billybobbull[/bold] wrote: The overall budget or 2014 is over £1BILLION the net budget is £453MILLION. I am NOT sure a LOAN of £200K is that big a deal except perhaps the horse trading and an MPs involvement This is just points scoring by small town councillors for personal reasons. YES tax payers need to be re-paid, but don't think this is quite the Great Train Robbery. It's a loan, with guarantees. Galloway is after the publicity as usual, watch PMQs on Wednesday!!!![/p][/quote]On the contrary, it is a big deal when the Labour leader of the council authorises the use of public money to fund a private business that is so closely tied to the Bradford Labour party. There was no reason at all why Sutcliffe or any other of the Labour mob that were directors could not have used their own money to fund the business. Instead they kept their own money and used ours. How is that in any way acceptable? The loan was not made on a sound commercial basis. There was no business case to justify it being made, just a string of excuses why it was done. The loan was not to secure the future of the club, it wasn't to invest in infrastructure or assets, it was a political favour to use public money to cash flow a business for a Labour friend. Heads should roll BierleyBoy
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree