Gildersome Spurs Old Boys are the new leaders of Yorkshire Amateur League Senior A Division.

They won 3-2 at Huddersfield Amateur to drop the hosts to second in a classic game of two halves.

Joe Simmons and a 25-yarder from Sam Frankland put Amateur 2-0 ahead in a disappointing first-half display by the Old Boys, but it was a different story in the second half as they fought to keep their unbeaten record.

Matty Jackson, from close range, Lee Thrush, in a goalmouth scramble after his penalty had hit the bar, and Steve Wales, after a sinuous run from just inside the Amateur half, gave Gildersome the spoils, and they are now level on points with their Huddersfield hosts, who have played six games more.

Senior B Division front-runners Farsley Celtic Juniors were at outside promotion bets Farnley Sports in what turned out to be a high-tempo cracker.

The deadlock was not broken until the 60th minute, Craig Farrand scrambling the ball home for Celtic.

Immediately from the restart, Farnley levelled via Adam Horner, but, with 15 minutes to go, Ryan Collett headed home in a crowded goalmouth to give Farsley a 2-1 victory.

Celtic are now two points ahead of Medics Reserves, with the latter having played two games more. Farnley Sports drop to sixth and have some hard work to do to get back into the promotion race. Referee John Woods received a vote of thanks from both sides for a great afternoon's work.

St Bede's improvement is now official as their 2-1 win at Thornesians moved them off the bottom of the table, dumping Collingham Juniors there instead.

Kyle McGinnis netted before the interval for Bede's, who added to their tally through man of the match James Gilmartin's cross-shot in the second half. Substitute Nick Bowen got a late concolation goal for Thornesians.

Bede's are now within a point of third-from-bottom Thornesians with two games in hand.

Gildersome Spurs Old Boys' pitch was unfit so their reserves moved their Division One match to Collegians' ground in Huddersfield and won 2-1 in a match were both teams had a man sent off after a melee on the half-hour.

Basement club Collegians, playing with the slope in their favour, were 1-0 up at the interval thanks to Kieron McMinn's goal from a near-post corner from Ell Barwick. However, their keeper Sam Burns kept then in it with three first-class saves.

Fourth-placed Spurs did not play as well in the second half but two superb corners were converted by excellent headers from Danny Phillips in the 65th minute and leading scorer Mikey Durham in the 75th minute.

Gildersome Spurs Old Boys Thirds belied their second-from-bottom slot in Division Two by only going down 2-1 at third-placed MiddletonPark.

Jason Hardcastle gave Spurs a 1-0 first-half lead but Andrew Gatenby (70th minute) and substitute Thomas Dewhirst (80th minute) accepted two of the chances created to give Middleton a much- needed victory in their tense battle for that second promotion slot.

St Bede's Reserves are, like their first team, on the up and won 6-0 at Old Modernians Reserves.

Jamel Nash (2), Ross Jones (2), Jordan Northin and man of the match Kingsley Hall were on target for Bede's, who are now tenth after spending weeks in the relegation zone. This was mid-table Mods' fourth successive defeat.

Calverley United Reserves defeated almost-doomed Colton Institute Reserves 6-2 in Division Three but remain 11th.

United's 3-4-1-2 formation worked well, and James Metcalfe made a satisfactory debut in the nets.

Calverley were 3-1 up at half-time with goals from Gary Trewhitt, Ryan Craven and an own goal, and then all three Calverley substitutes made an impact, with replacement Ben Waller adding two second-half goals and Trewhitt's second being the icing on the cake.

United are six points ahead of next-to-bottom Colton, for whom Paul Morrison's double was a rare  bright spot in a side who are in the throes of getting a more youthful appearance.

Batelians Reserves overcame second-placed FC Headingley Reserves with surprising ease, leading scorer Phil Bryant hitting a superlative hat-trick, supported by Shaun Jackson in a 4-0 victory.

The old boys are two points behind leaders Morley Town AFC Reserves but with a game in hand.

Centralians Thirds led 3-1 with ten minutes to go for the second straight week in Division Five, and again surrenderred their advantage - this time at home to St Bede's Thirds.

Cents were 2-0 up after 20 minutes, thanks to central defender Tim Robinson and Joe Paget, with Graeme Dutton reducing the arrears to 2-1 before the interval.

Centralians went 3-1 ahead in the 80th minute through Matty Burnham but 16-year-old substitute  Jordon Farrell and Jack Greenwood, with a belter from distance with two minutes to go, salvaged a valuable point for Bede's that leaves them sixth and Cents fifth.