St Bede's came within a whisker of their first victory of the season in Yorkshire Amateur League Senior B Division.

They hosted Thornesians in a tense relegaton battle on a pitch that, not surprisingly, cut up at the Samuel Lister Academy at Nab Wood

James Gilmartin, making a welcome return for the home side, opened the scoring in the 80th minute for a team that are no longer shipping goals but they conceded a penalty ten minutes later that was converted by Mark Wilson.

Bede's are improving but remain bottom with two points from ten games, while Collingham Old Boys Juniors are next to bottom with four points from 13 matches, with mightily relieved Thornesians next with nine points from 12 games.

Sixth-placed Gildersome Spurs Old Boys Reserves and seventh-placed Garforth Rangers swapped places in Division One after the latter won 4-3 away from home an another heavy pitch.

Spurs' leading scorer Mikey Durham gave them an early lead that quickly evaporated as Garforth went ahead 2-1, Lee Thrush restoring parity before the visitors took a 3-2 advantage into the break.

Undeterred Spurs levelled at 3-3 through Steve Wales but Rangers who had the last laugh, winning a superb encounter after goals from Kean Varley (3) and Dale Swatman.

Leaders Morley Town had a comfortable 3-0 win over visitors Sandal Wanderers 0, man of the match Ashley Thorpe heading Morley into the lead in the 30th minute, and Jermaine Savery doubling it two minutes later.

Savery added the icing on the cake in the 80th minute as Morley secured their sixth clean sheet to date.

They are four points ahead of nearest rivals Beeston St Anthony's, having played a game more.

Gildersome Spurs Old Boys Thirds won a Division Two cracker 7-4 at third-from-bottom St Bede's Reserves, who were never in the lead but only trailed 4-3 at the interval.

Last season's leading scorer for Bede's reserves, Jordan Northin, bagged two goals on his return, with Danny Myas and Ross Jones also on target.

Spurs' leading scorer Jacob Scott had a wonderful day, his hat-trick taking his tally for the season to 20 goals from 16 games.

The other goals for Spurs came from a Sam Thorpe triple and a Connor Firth penalty, this third win of the season lifting them to second from bottom, a point behind Bede's Reserves, with both teams having played 14 league games.

Basement club Bainbridge suffered a 4-0 defeat at Middleton Park - their fourth consecutive loss.

Stefan Beer and Darlington Sango netted in the first 45 minutes for Park, with Davis Nugadzaweta hitting a second-half brace.

Calverley United's first-team striker Scott Driscoll was the emergency keeper for their second team, who won 4-1 at Division Three front-runners Morley Town Reserves. 

Marc Gunjal's early strike gave Town the lead but their nine-match unbeaten run was ended by a strong visiting outfit, Kieran Kenneally equalising midway through the first half and a rare Gary Trehwitt header making it 2-1 against the run of play before half-time.

Trehwitt added his second after the break to give Calverley a safety margin, albeit with Morley still pressing, but United's reserves added to that lead when Tom Westerman made the most of a gilt- edged opportunity provided by Kale Thoma.

The win took Calverley United Reserves off the bottom, and they are level on points with third-to- bottom Colton Institute Reserves, who have a better goal difference.

In-form Division Four leaders Churwell Lions thumped bottom-of-the-table visitors Shire Academics Reserves 8-1, James Callagher providing the consolation goal.

Top marksman Ash Oates (3), Steve Greenwood (3) and James Cruddace (2) netted for Churwell, who lead the table by a point from unbeaten Centralians Reserves, who have a game in hand.

St Bede's Thirds are up to fifth after winning a great game in Division Five by 2-0 at fourth-from-bottom Norristhorpe Reserves, with both sides passing the ball well and referee Nigel Stroud earning their respect.

Norristhorpe edged a goalless first 45 minutes but poor marking led to Bede's taking the lead via Steve Thwaites, with a second goal from Anthony Garner added as Norristhorpe pressed for an equaliser. St Bede's are now unbeaten in five.