I’ll be a standout striker for Bantams, promises Aaron Mclean as he vows to grab goals and the attention

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Aaron Mclean poses with a City shirt on his first day training with his new club Aaron Mclean poses with a City shirt on his first day training with his new club

Aaron Mclean is ready to seize the spotlight as City’s main man, by declaring: I don’t want to be a face in the crowd.

The 30-year-old pocket rocket welcomes all the pressure as he prepares to make his debut at Sheffield United tomorrow.

Dropping down from Premier League Hull to replace Nahki Wells, Mclean is happy to deal with the high expectations of the fans.

“I’ve not come here to just blend into the background,” he said. “I want to show people what I’m all about and hit the heights that I did a few years back.

“I’m not just going to be a face in the crowd.”

Mclean’s partnership with James Hanson promises to make it a tough afternoon for the Blades’ back four. The new signing is thrilled to be back in his best position – down the middle after playing various other roles with Hull and on loan.

“You have no idea! Over the last few years I’ve played in so many different positions and that’s no good for me.

“I got to the top level because I played as a striker and I scored goals. That’s what I’ve always been about.

“For one reason or another, managers have played me out wide and I’ll put a shift in. But if you want to see the best of me, play me in my position.

“I’m best in and around the goal and getting shots away. The closer I am to the goal the better.

“The manager told me that he plays 4-4-2 and I’m going to play as a striker on the shoulder (of a defender) – exactly where you want to be. It made the decision so easy for me.”

Mclean and Craig Mackail-Smith ripped up the lower leagues for Peterborough and he wants to recreate that success alongside Hanson.

Mclean will wear the number 21 shirt vacated by Wells – and is eager to fill his scoring boots.

He added: “I wouldn’t want it any other way. I wouldn’t want to be coming to a club that have nothing about them.

“He scored a lot of goals, which proves to me that this team can provide plenty of chances. I’m confident that if I get that service, I’ll score plenty.

“Hanson is an absolute handful, especially at this level. He’s done so well and I’m looking forward to playing with him.

"He’s younger than me and hopefully I can pass on some experience and help with his career as well. He is definitely one who can kick on – and that can be with Bradford.

“I’m excited by the whole prospect of playing with him because of the type of player he is. His characteristics will suit mine because we are totally different and I think we can link up well.”

Boss Phil Parkinson backs his new striker’s bravado and believes his arrival can breathe new life into a City attack that had grown stagnant in recent weeks.

Parkinson said: “Aaron wants to be the main man. He’s been at Hull, had a couple of loan moves and unfortunately for him been played out of position.

“He’s sometimes been a victim of his own honesty. You can stick him out wide knowing he’s not going to let you down.

“He’s not one of these forwards who won’t do the job for the side. So he’s not played where he wants, which is down the middle.

“That’s really why he got his move to Hull City because he’s very good at attacking the ball in the opposition penalty area.

“Don’t let supporters think we’ve signed an identical player to Nahki Wells. He’s a different type but he’ll do a similar job in my eyes.

“He’s more aggressive than Nahki. He will upset defenders and harass them and force mistakes.”

Comments (37)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:20am Fri 17 Jan 14

bantamctid says...

bring on the blunts. lets see what your made of fella , play-offs still reachable we just need to turn the one pointers into three. IPWT!
bring on the blunts. lets see what your made of fella , play-offs still reachable we just need to turn the one pointers into three. IPWT! bantamctid

7:48am Fri 17 Jan 14

PHILISAN says...

Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious!
Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious! PHILISAN

8:19am Fri 17 Jan 14

Michael Clayton says...

PHILISAN wrote:
Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious!
Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?
[quote][p][bold]PHILISAN[/bold] wrote: Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious![/p][/quote]Do you have examples of those players playing out of position? Michael Clayton

8:32am Fri 17 Jan 14

gman27 says...

Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-(
Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-( gman27

8:55am Fri 17 Jan 14

Solomon Grundy says...

Seems no mention of a fee, has he come free? if so very good signing.
Seems no mention of a fee, has he come free? if so very good signing. Solomon Grundy

9:01am Fri 17 Jan 14

Martingodfrey says...

This player is going be a fantastic acquisition to the team.
I'm a supporter from the Peterborough area and I had the pleasure of watching him whilst at the Posh.
The main attributes for Aaron is the work rate he puts in, he his a goal machine, good in the air, quick, and really does pressure defenders into making mistakes, so in terms of a player a better all round team player than Nahki was?
He will be operating in the position he likes under Phil, and again that will bode well for all of us.
Just get Davies back in the mix, and City will push on well up to May.
Good luck Aaron and welcome to the Bantams.
This player is going be a fantastic acquisition to the team. I'm a supporter from the Peterborough area and I had the pleasure of watching him whilst at the Posh. The main attributes for Aaron is the work rate he puts in, he his a goal machine, good in the air, quick, and really does pressure defenders into making mistakes, so in terms of a player a better all round team player than Nahki was? He will be operating in the position he likes under Phil, and again that will bode well for all of us. Just get Davies back in the mix, and City will push on well up to May. Good luck Aaron and welcome to the Bantams. Martingodfrey

9:10am Fri 17 Jan 14

Martingodfrey says...

gman27 wrote:
Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-(
Shame about the decorating can you do it Sunday
[quote][p][bold]gman27[/bold] wrote: Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-([/p][/quote]Shame about the decorating can you do it Sunday Martingodfrey

9:10am Fri 17 Jan 14

logic13 says...

Great attitude, and a nice touch to see he will wear 21. Now that made me chuckle this morning! Let's hope in a month or so we are all saying "Nahki who?" Good luck tomorrow Aaron.
Great attitude, and a nice touch to see he will wear 21. Now that made me chuckle this morning! Let's hope in a month or so we are all saying "Nahki who?" Good luck tomorrow Aaron. logic13

9:13am Fri 17 Jan 14

Old Peculiar says...

Sounds like a gutsy player, not scared of hassling defenders - very different to Narky, could be just what we need to shake things up, if he hits the target, and I really hope he does - we could set this league on fire !! The season is only half way through, plenty to play for.
Onwards n upwards, in Parky we put our trust !!!
Sounds like a gutsy player, not scared of hassling defenders - very different to Narky, could be just what we need to shake things up, if he hits the target, and I really hope he does - we could set this league on fire !! The season is only half way through, plenty to play for. Onwards n upwards, in Parky we put our trust !!! Old Peculiar

9:15am Fri 17 Jan 14

shaun from richmond says...

Liking the stuff hes saying!!.
GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD!
Liking the stuff hes saying!!. GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD! shaun from richmond

10:22am Fri 17 Jan 14

Dave2610 says...

Played Doyle at Centre half when he signed Bates on loan !!
Played wingers up front with James Instead of 1 of 2 strikers that are on the bench !!
Played Doyle at Centre half when he signed Bates on loan !! Played wingers up front with James Instead of 1 of 2 strikers that are on the bench !! Dave2610

10:25am Fri 17 Jan 14

Peter300 says...

PHILISAN wrote:
Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious!
Every manager at every club selects players to play out of position sometimes. One of the reasons is given above as to why this happens.
[quote][p][bold]PHILISAN[/bold] wrote: Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious![/p][/quote]Every manager at every club selects players to play out of position sometimes. One of the reasons is given above as to why this happens. Peter300

10:29am Fri 17 Jan 14

Peter300 says...

Michael Clayton wrote:
PHILISAN wrote:
Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious!
Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?
Thommo up front, Yeates. Oliver up front. Doyle back four...... You think of some more. Don't leave it to someone else. Anyway whose to say that in an injury crisis McLean might be asked to play out wide for example.
[quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PHILISAN[/bold] wrote: Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious![/p][/quote]Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?[/p][/quote]Thommo up front, Yeates. Oliver up front. Doyle back four...... You think of some more. Don't leave it to someone else. Anyway whose to say that in an injury crisis McLean might be asked to play out wide for example. Peter300

10:33am Fri 17 Jan 14

Peter300 says...

shaun from richmond wrote:
Liking the stuff hes saying!!.
GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD!
No negative comments this morning. Things must be looking up when an outsider is shouting from the rooftops! Thanks once again for the donations to Bradford City Shaun. I appreciate it very much and I know Mr. Lawn and Mr. Julian do as well. Ta very much.
[quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Liking the stuff hes saying!!. GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD![/p][/quote]No negative comments this morning. Things must be looking up when an outsider is shouting from the rooftops! Thanks once again for the donations to Bradford City Shaun. I appreciate it very much and I know Mr. Lawn and Mr. Julian do as well. Ta very much. Peter300

10:34am Fri 17 Jan 14

Peter300 says...

Dave2610 wrote:
Played Doyle at Centre half when he signed Bates on loan !!
Played wingers up front with James Instead of 1 of 2 strikers that are on the bench !!
Good! You've got the idea. Now times it by 91.
[quote][p][bold]Dave2610[/bold] wrote: Played Doyle at Centre half when he signed Bates on loan !! Played wingers up front with James Instead of 1 of 2 strikers that are on the bench !![/p][/quote]Good! You've got the idea. Now times it by 91. Peter300

11:42am Fri 17 Jan 14

shaun from richmond says...

Peter300 wrote:
shaun from richmond wrote:
Liking the stuff hes saying!!.
GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD!
No negative comments this morning. Things must be looking up when an outsider is shouting from the rooftops! Thanks once again for the donations to Bradford City Shaun. I appreciate it very much and I know Mr. Lawn and Mr. Julian do as well. Ta very much.
DONATIONS??...I pay for a Season ticket!...like most people on this board.
EXCEPT YOU!!....who only goes to Skipton Library and hasn't been to a City game in years...IF NOT EVER!.
[quote][p][bold]Peter300[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]shaun from richmond[/bold] wrote: Liking the stuff hes saying!!. GOOD LUCK TO THE LAD![/p][/quote]No negative comments this morning. Things must be looking up when an outsider is shouting from the rooftops! Thanks once again for the donations to Bradford City Shaun. I appreciate it very much and I know Mr. Lawn and Mr. Julian do as well. Ta very much.[/p][/quote]DONATIONS??...I pay for a Season ticket!...like most people on this board. EXCEPT YOU!!....who only goes to Skipton Library and hasn't been to a City game in years...IF NOT EVER!. shaun from richmond

11:56am Fri 17 Jan 14

cookie_brighton says...

Solomon Grundy wrote:
Seems no mention of a fee, has he come free? if so very good signing.
transferred on.......undisclosed fee.
CTID
[quote][p][bold]Solomon Grundy[/bold] wrote: Seems no mention of a fee, has he come free? if so very good signing.[/p][/quote]transferred on.......undisclosed fee. CTID cookie_brighton

1:01pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Stevie-C says...

Peter300 wrote:
Michael Clayton wrote:
PHILISAN wrote:
Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious!
Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?
Thommo up front, Yeates. Oliver up front. Doyle back four...... You think of some more. Don't leave it to someone else. Anyway whose to say that in an injury crisis McLean might be asked to play out wide for example.
Played Kennedy right midfield at notts county, and he was woeful. Looked very uncomfortable as he wasn't familiar with the position

Can't wait to get to Bramall Lane, what a lift this signing seems to have given everyone!!!
[quote][p][bold]Peter300[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PHILISAN[/bold] wrote: Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious![/p][/quote]Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?[/p][/quote]Thommo up front, Yeates. Oliver up front. Doyle back four...... You think of some more. Don't leave it to someone else. Anyway whose to say that in an injury crisis McLean might be asked to play out wide for example.[/p][/quote]Played Kennedy right midfield at notts county, and he was woeful. Looked very uncomfortable as he wasn't familiar with the position Can't wait to get to Bramall Lane, what a lift this signing seems to have given everyone!!! Stevie-C

1:21pm Fri 17 Jan 14

bcfc1903 says...

Love this lads confidence, good luck tomorrow Aaron and good luck to the rest of our team. Have a great day to all the BCFC fans going down to Bramall Lane, raise the roof fellas!!!!!!!!
Love this lads confidence, good luck tomorrow Aaron and good luck to the rest of our team. Have a great day to all the BCFC fans going down to Bramall Lane, raise the roof fellas!!!!!!!! bcfc1903

2:44pm Fri 17 Jan 14

northyorksbantam says...

Stevie-C wrote:
Peter300 wrote:
Michael Clayton wrote:
PHILISAN wrote:
Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious!
Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?
Thommo up front, Yeates. Oliver up front. Doyle back four...... You think of some more. Don't leave it to someone else. Anyway whose to say that in an injury crisis McLean might be asked to play out wide for example.
Played Kennedy right midfield at notts county, and he was woeful. Looked very uncomfortable as he wasn't familiar with the position

Can't wait to get to Bramall Lane, what a lift this signing seems to have given everyone!!!
Jon Mac came up for a corner once
[quote][p][bold]Stevie-C[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Peter300[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Michael Clayton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PHILISAN[/bold] wrote: Good signing I think,should give us a much needed lift...Fancy PP recognising a need to allow a player to play in his favourite position in order to get the best out of him.(System permitting)...must make a few others in the squad quite envious![/p][/quote]Do you have examples of those players playing out of position?[/p][/quote]Thommo up front, Yeates. Oliver up front. Doyle back four...... You think of some more. Don't leave it to someone else. Anyway whose to say that in an injury crisis McLean might be asked to play out wide for example.[/p][/quote]Played Kennedy right midfield at notts county, and he was woeful. Looked very uncomfortable as he wasn't familiar with the position Can't wait to get to Bramall Lane, what a lift this signing seems to have given everyone!!![/p][/quote]Jon Mac came up for a corner once northyorksbantam

2:49pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Cityman23 says...

Solomon Grundy wrote:
Seems no mention of a fee, has he come free? if so very good signing.
'AM' is apparently now the highest paid player at City and (as Hull were quoted as wanting in the region of £450,000 for him), I can't believe the Bantams have got him for 'free.' Perhaps the reason fees aren't always revealed these days is to take pressure off the player.

But 'AM' has piled some pressure on himself by some of his initial comments. It's obvious he's 'playing to the gallery' of fans who love this kind of thing, but the truth is it's not always straightforward coming in to a new team/unfamiliar players/set-up etc mid-season.

Hopefully the player will get off to a good start, which might not necessarily mean he scores on his debut tomorrow. If he does, so much the better. Some fans are now seeing promotion opening up ahead of us, but surely this is 'wishful thinking' at the moment.

Finishing mid-table but improving our home form is a more realistic target at this stage. And then if it does... well....who knows?!!!
[quote][p][bold]Solomon Grundy[/bold] wrote: Seems no mention of a fee, has he come free? if so very good signing.[/p][/quote]'AM' is apparently now the highest paid player at City and (as Hull were quoted as wanting in the region of £450,000 for him), I can't believe the Bantams have got him for 'free.' Perhaps the reason fees aren't always revealed these days is to take pressure off the player. But 'AM' has piled some pressure on himself by some of his initial comments. It's obvious he's 'playing to the gallery' of fans who love this kind of thing, but the truth is it's not always straightforward coming in to a new team/unfamiliar players/set-up etc mid-season. Hopefully the player will get off to a good start, which might not necessarily mean he scores on his debut tomorrow. If he does, so much the better. Some fans are now seeing promotion opening up ahead of us, but surely this is 'wishful thinking' at the moment. Finishing mid-table but improving our home form is a more realistic target at this stage. And then if it does... well....who knows?!!! Cityman23

3:29pm Fri 17 Jan 14

gman27 says...

Martingodfrey wrote:
gman27 wrote:
Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-(
Shame about the decorating can you do it Sunday
The wife has spoken!!! Divorce is an option though I suppose :-)
[quote][p][bold]Martingodfrey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gman27[/bold] wrote: Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-([/p][/quote]Shame about the decorating can you do it Sunday[/p][/quote]The wife has spoken!!! Divorce is an option though I suppose :-) gman27

3:54pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Csut74 says...

Great signing for me. No fee by high wage which is no surprise.
Will do a great job for the mighty bantams. Looking forward 2 his debut tomorrow. Got my ticket. What price him getting the winner. Might have a cheeky couple of quid on him . WELCOME 2 BCFC !
Great signing for me. No fee by high wage which is no surprise. Will do a great job for the mighty bantams. Looking forward 2 his debut tomorrow. Got my ticket. What price him getting the winner. Might have a cheeky couple of quid on him . WELCOME 2 BCFC ! Csut74

4:12pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Waynus1971 says...

Old Peculiar wrote:
Sounds like a gutsy player, not scared of hassling defenders - very different to Narky, could be just what we need to shake things up, if he hits the target, and I really hope he does - we could set this league on fire !! The season is only half way through, plenty to play for. Onwards n upwards, in Parky we put our trust !!!
I'm all for this positivity surrounding McLean's capture, but let's not get into beating other players that have now left. You claim, "Sounds like a gutsy player, not scared of hassling defenders - very different to Narky". How disrespectful is that!! A lot of Nahki's goals came from hassling defenders and causing keepers into making mistakes. How short is your memory? I'm still upset and disappointed he left us with over 18mths left on his contract, for (allegedly) a knock-down price and to the team he has signed for. However, nobody can knock what he brought to our club.

If McLean is anywhere near as hard-working and scores anywhere near as many goals, then everyone will be happy. However, (back to the positivity thing), let's not forget we are currently in a rut and 1 replacement striker isn't going to get us out of that on his own. We need the loanee winger to be given a run and some young, energetic legs in the middle of the park. Then, once Davies returns, we may actually see a side capable of finishing in the top 10.

Come on Parky, you promised us a young, Premier League central midfielder after the Swindon game. Get Lawn/Rhodes' hands in their pockets again and bring in some help for Jones, Doyle, Kennedy et al. Let's push on.
[quote][p][bold]Old Peculiar[/bold] wrote: Sounds like a gutsy player, not scared of hassling defenders - very different to Narky, could be just what we need to shake things up, if he hits the target, and I really hope he does - we could set this league on fire !! The season is only half way through, plenty to play for. Onwards n upwards, in Parky we put our trust !!![/p][/quote]I'm all for this positivity surrounding McLean's capture, but let's not get into beating other players that have now left. You claim, "Sounds like a gutsy player, not scared of hassling defenders - very different to Narky". How disrespectful is that!! A lot of Nahki's goals came from hassling defenders and causing keepers into making mistakes. How short is your memory? I'm still upset and disappointed he left us with over 18mths left on his contract, for (allegedly) a knock-down price and to the team he has signed for. However, nobody can knock what he brought to our club. If McLean is anywhere near as hard-working and scores anywhere near as many goals, then everyone will be happy. However, (back to the positivity thing), let's not forget we are currently in a rut and 1 replacement striker isn't going to get us out of that on his own. We need the loanee winger to be given a run and some young, energetic legs in the middle of the park. Then, once Davies returns, we may actually see a side capable of finishing in the top 10. Come on Parky, you promised us a young, Premier League central midfielder after the Swindon game. Get Lawn/Rhodes' hands in their pockets again and bring in some help for Jones, Doyle, Kennedy et al. Let's push on. Waynus1971

4:44pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Bradford Lad BD9 says...

Welcome aboard A- MAC, Hope u have a very successful time with the Bantams, Banging away those goals for us, And well done to Rhodes and Lawn for making this deal happen.
Welcome aboard A- MAC, Hope u have a very successful time with the Bantams, Banging away those goals for us, And well done to Rhodes and Lawn for making this deal happen. Bradford Lad BD9

5:34pm Fri 17 Jan 14

kirkleesbantam says...

Love his confidence will do well for us played at a higher level loads of experience . welcome to Bradford City.
Love his confidence will do well for us played at a higher level loads of experience . welcome to Bradford City. kirkleesbantam

5:43pm Fri 17 Jan 14

lawsonio123 says...

I WISH Mclean good luck and a long future at Valley parade He has a good partner in James Hanson and the chance is there to do just as well as Nahki Wells did. We should not think we will go up this year now in view of our present position BUT if things work out well we may still have a chance to do so. However we should take that as a bonus and look forward to watching a entertaining attacking team. that may go up but if not things are looking much better for next season Keep watching your support is needed
I WISH Mclean good luck and a long future at Valley parade He has a good partner in James Hanson and the chance is there to do just as well as Nahki Wells did. We should not think we will go up this year now in view of our present position BUT if things work out well we may still have a chance to do so. However we should take that as a bonus and look forward to watching a entertaining attacking team. that may go up but if not things are looking much better for next season Keep watching your support is needed lawsonio123

6:47pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Olivermac says...

gman27 wrote:
Martingodfrey wrote:
gman27 wrote:
Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-(
Shame about the decorating can you do it Sunday
The wife has spoken!!! Divorce is an option though I suppose :-)
Never mind a divorce tell her she is doing the decorating and it better be finished when you return job done,you really don't want to miss first win in 15 games do you.
[quote][p][bold]gman27[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Martingodfrey[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]gman27[/bold] wrote: Gutted I aint going to the match tomorrow.....should be an exciting match. Got a days decorating to look forward to instead :-([/p][/quote]Shame about the decorating can you do it Sunday[/p][/quote]The wife has spoken!!! Divorce is an option though I suppose :-)[/p][/quote]Never mind a divorce tell her she is doing the decorating and it better be finished when you return job done,you really don't want to miss first win in 15 games do you. Olivermac

8:35pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Martingodfrey says...

Anyone interested in us signing a new midfielder in Ryhs Murphy
Anyone interested in us signing a new midfielder in Ryhs Murphy Martingodfrey

8:43pm Fri 17 Jan 14

chefbantam1984 says...

why is xzibit holding up a bradford city shirt?!
why is xzibit holding up a bradford city shirt?! chefbantam1984

9:10pm Fri 17 Jan 14

Victor Clayton says...

lawsonio123 wrote:
I WISH Mclean good luck and a long future at Valley parade He has a good partner in James Hanson and the chance is there to do just as well as Nahki Wells did. We should not think we will go up this year now in view of our present position BUT if things work out well we may still have a chance to do so. However we should take that as a bonus and look forward to watching a entertaining attacking team. that may go up but if not things are looking much better for next season Keep watching your support is needed
How many goals will jh get now that he hasn't got Wells holding him back?
[quote][p][bold]lawsonio123[/bold] wrote: I WISH Mclean good luck and a long future at Valley parade He has a good partner in James Hanson and the chance is there to do just as well as Nahki Wells did. We should not think we will go up this year now in view of our present position BUT if things work out well we may still have a chance to do so. However we should take that as a bonus and look forward to watching a entertaining attacking team. that may go up but if not things are looking much better for next season Keep watching your support is needed[/p][/quote]How many goals will jh get now that he hasn't got Wells holding him back? Victor Clayton

9:26pm Fri 17 Jan 14

torreyman says...

Aaron talks well lets hope he lives up to it if so we will have a great player good luck BCFC Saturday wont be easy but keep the faith
Aaron talks well lets hope he lives up to it if so we will have a great player good luck BCFC Saturday wont be easy but keep the faith torreyman

10:47pm Fri 17 Jan 14

smitd says...

When we get Davies back we will push on, it was only when he came back last season that we pushed on for promotion, getting Davies back will be like signing a new player, head and shoulders above any one else in the division
When we get Davies back we will push on, it was only when he came back last season that we pushed on for promotion, getting Davies back will be like signing a new player, head and shoulders above any one else in the division smitd

12:27pm Sat 18 Jan 14

lawsonio123 says...

Victor Clayton wrote:
lawsonio123 wrote:
I WISH Mclean good luck and a long future at Valley parade He has a good partner in James Hanson and the chance is there to do just as well as Nahki Wells did. We should not think we will go up this year now in view of our present position BUT if things work out well we may still have a chance to do so. However we should take that as a bonus and look forward to watching a entertaining attacking team. that may go up but if not things are looking much better for next season Keep watching your support is needed
How many goals will jh get now that he hasn't got Wells holding him back?
Hello Victor I think he will get quite a few. The new man will make some for him it will not all be one way James will score more Take care
[quote][p][bold]Victor Clayton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]lawsonio123[/bold] wrote: I WISH Mclean good luck and a long future at Valley parade He has a good partner in James Hanson and the chance is there to do just as well as Nahki Wells did. We should not think we will go up this year now in view of our present position BUT if things work out well we may still have a chance to do so. However we should take that as a bonus and look forward to watching a entertaining attacking team. that may go up but if not things are looking much better for next season Keep watching your support is needed[/p][/quote]How many goals will jh get now that he hasn't got Wells holding him back?[/p][/quote]Hello Victor I think he will get quite a few. The new man will make some for him it will not all be one way James will score more Take care lawsonio123

12:39pm Sat 18 Jan 14

bcfc1903 says...

bcfc1903 wrote:
Love this lads confidence, good luck tomorrow Aaron and good luck to the rest of our team. Have a great day to all the BCFC fans going down to Bramall Lane, raise the roof fellas!!!!!!!!
And Ladies of course lol
[quote][p][bold]bcfc1903[/bold] wrote: Love this lads confidence, good luck tomorrow Aaron and good luck to the rest of our team. Have a great day to all the BCFC fans going down to Bramall Lane, raise the roof fellas!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]And Ladies of course lol bcfc1903

1:10pm Sat 18 Jan 14

GABRIEL.NORDE says...

What a GREAT and HONEST SELF-POTRAYAL from a player who is dropping down two leagues! In the past we have had players coming to Valley Parade, vowing how much they WANT to be here, but, be a sceptical fellow, not ONCE did I EVER TRUSTED their words UNTIL NOW! Aaron McLean has come VP DECLARING that HE wants to be THE MAIN man AND, has given the REASONS WHY, which my heart and mnd has come to a UNANIMOUS decision to "accept" McLean.
What a GREAT and HONEST SELF-POTRAYAL from a player who is dropping down two leagues! In the past we have had players coming to Valley Parade, vowing how much they WANT to be here, but, be a sceptical fellow, not ONCE did I EVER TRUSTED their words UNTIL NOW! Aaron McLean has come VP DECLARING that HE wants to be THE MAIN man AND, has given the REASONS WHY, which my heart and mnd has come to a UNANIMOUS decision to "accept" McLean. GABRIEL.NORDE

9:59pm Sun 19 Jan 14

bazzathetyke says...

Overweight,over-rate
d, over the hill...
Should fit right in!
Overweight,over-rate d, over the hill... Should fit right in! bazzathetyke

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree