Bradford Bulls staff ‘brilliant’ despite news of cutbacks

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Francis Cummins is grateful to have had the ‘right people’ on his staff during the Bulls’ latest financial predicament Francis Cummins is grateful to have had the ‘right people’ on his staff during the Bulls’ latest financial predicament

Francis Cummins has paid tribute to his support staff, who were last week told they would be losing their jobs or having their hours cut.

The Bulls head coach confirmed a number of his staff will part company with the club next month as part of the cost-cutting measures undertaken.

The club issued a statement last Friday in which chief executive Robbie Hunter-Paul outlined a number of redundancies had been made in every department except the playing staff.

Cummins said all of his staff who had lost their jobs were keen to work their full notice period.

The Bulls chief said: “They could walk away and do their gardening leave now, but every one of them to a man has put their hand up and said ‘no, we’re going to finish off pre-season’.

“That only confirms that I’ve got the right people here because other people would have walked away.

“My staff have been brilliant during this difficult period and I want to pay tribute to them. There are some quality people there who deserve to be working full-time.

“But we will lose people when they have worked their four weeks’ notice, which will be mid-January.”

Cummins admitted the cutbacks would impact on the level of care and expertise afforded to his players.

“I wouldn’t have employed people if I didn’t need them but we’ve got to get on with it because we’re delivering a brilliant programme right now,” he said.

“I’m really happy with it, the players are developing and the gains they have made are tremendous.

“But we’re going to have to find another way to keep delivering a great programme within the season but slightly differently.

“At the moment we’re not too sure how we’re going to do that; we’re going to have to work it out.

“It’s my job to find a way and make sure it impacts on the players as little as possible because they have to perform.”

Cummins said yesterday that, while there had been a number of enquiries for his players, his squad remained intact and no departures were imminent.

The Bulls coach remains hopeful of bringing Warrington prop Ben Evans back to the club next season but admitted: “The current position is that I can’t bring anyone else in until we move someone out.”

Comments (41)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:07am Wed 18 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

Gerry Sutcliffe appears to have time to be in this paper every day speaking about anything aslong as it's not the Bulls. Strange that.
Gerry Sutcliffe appears to have time to be in this paper every day speaking about anything aslong as it's not the Bulls. Strange that. Thee Voice of Reason

8:13am Wed 18 Dec 13

AdeyG'man says...

Why not loan Gale back to London for the season? That way we keep him on contract for next year and let London pay his salary for the season
Why not loan Gale back to London for the season? That way we keep him on contract for next year and let London pay his salary for the season AdeyG'man

9:32am Wed 18 Dec 13

NG1972 says...

I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go. NG1972

9:49am Wed 18 Dec 13

StevieLad says...

NG1972 wrote:
I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
The focus is on staying in the league. In a relegation dogfight do we want good players going to direct competitors?
[quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.[/p][/quote]The focus is on staying in the league. In a relegation dogfight do we want good players going to direct competitors? StevieLad

10:01am Wed 18 Dec 13

Lythambull says...

NG1972 wrote:
I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.
[quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.[/p][/quote]Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be. Lythambull

10:02am Wed 18 Dec 13

Lythambull says...

Lythambull wrote:
NG1972 wrote:
I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.
That should be "For all his tricks...."
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.[/p][/quote]Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.[/p][/quote]That should be "For all his tricks...." Lythambull

10:05am Wed 18 Dec 13

bullbob says...

I'll chip in with the petrol money
I'll chip in with the petrol money bullbob

10:24am Wed 18 Dec 13

cleckbull says...

Lythambull wrote:
Lythambull wrote:
NG1972 wrote:
I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.
That should be "For all his tricks...."
He also creates tries out of nothing which was not coming from any other players this season.Some of our wins this season were down to him in the main. He's an entertainer and is great to watch when running at the opposition. I for one would be absolutely gutted if he was allowed to go !!
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.[/p][/quote]Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.[/p][/quote]That should be "For all his tricks...."[/p][/quote]He also creates tries out of nothing which was not coming from any other players this season.Some of our wins this season were down to him in the main. He's an entertainer and is great to watch when running at the opposition. I for one would be absolutely gutted if he was allowed to go !! cleckbull

10:25am Wed 18 Dec 13

Parz says...

IMHO, we need to keep Sammut. He need to calm himself down a little sometimes, he tries things that just make you think "WTF is he doing?". But then he has his other moments of "How the hell did he do that?". He is, on his day, by far our best player. But Franny needs to coach some consistancy into him so it can be his day more often.
IMHO, we need to keep Sammut. He need to calm himself down a little sometimes, he tries things that just make you think "WTF is he doing?". But then he has his other moments of "How the hell did he do that?". He is, on his day, by far our best player. But Franny needs to coach some consistancy into him so it can be his day more often. Parz

10:46am Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef
ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters. raisemeup

11:22am Wed 18 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef

ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Morning Raisemeup. See you kept clear of yesterdays story with your claims of 21 months dispensation for first year Annual Returns. Do you get tired of being wrong?
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Morning Raisemeup. See you kept clear of yesterdays story with your claims of 21 months dispensation for first year Annual Returns. Do you get tired of being wrong? Thee Voice of Reason

11:27am Wed 18 Dec 13

Lythambull says...

cleckbull wrote:
Lythambull wrote:
Lythambull wrote:
NG1972 wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.
That should be "For all his tricks...."
He also creates tries out of nothing which was not coming from any other players this season.Some of our wins this season were down to him in the main. He's an entertainer and is great to watch when running at the opposition. I for one would be absolutely gutted if he was allowed to go !!
I take your point that he's entertaining, and were I neutral I would be happy to watch him go for it. But for all the chip kicks and creativity every time I watch him he does one clever thing and three stupid things. I'm much happier at the prospect if Gale/Gaskell for this year. If we are going to be battling relegation, as many (although not me;)) predict, consistency is going to be key. He is not a consistent performer and it often costs us dearly.
What's the point in scoring the tries he does when he gifts the ball to opposing teams just as regularly?? The opposition can't score without the ball in hand so he either needs to improve or as I intimated earlier, I won't cry over his departure.
[quote][p][bold]cleckbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.[/p][/quote]Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.[/p][/quote]That should be "For all his tricks...."[/p][/quote]He also creates tries out of nothing which was not coming from any other players this season.Some of our wins this season were down to him in the main. He's an entertainer and is great to watch when running at the opposition. I for one would be absolutely gutted if he was allowed to go !![/p][/quote]I take your point that he's entertaining, and were I neutral I would be happy to watch him go for it. But for all the chip kicks and creativity every time I watch him he does one clever thing and three stupid things. I'm much happier at the prospect if Gale/Gaskell for this year. If we are going to be battling relegation, as many (although not me;)) predict, consistency is going to be key. He is not a consistent performer and it often costs us dearly. What's the point in scoring the tries he does when he gifts the ball to opposing teams just as regularly?? The opposition can't score without the ball in hand so he either needs to improve or as I intimated earlier, I won't cry over his departure. Lythambull

11:30am Wed 18 Dec 13

Lythambull says...

raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
If you fancy a chuckle, and I no way means this offensively, read this long post as if it were lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings! I'm in a tavern in the Shire already!!!!
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]If you fancy a chuckle, and I no way means this offensively, read this long post as if it were lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings! I'm in a tavern in the Shire already!!!! Lythambull

11:51am Wed 18 Dec 13

cleckbull says...

Lythambull wrote:
cleckbull wrote:
Lythambull wrote:
Lythambull wrote:
NG1972 wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.
Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.
That should be "For all his tricks...."
He also creates tries out of nothing which was not coming from any other players this season.Some of our wins this season were down to him in the main. He's an entertainer and is great to watch when running at the opposition. I for one would be absolutely gutted if he was allowed to go !!
I take your point that he's entertaining, and were I neutral I would be happy to watch him go for it. But for all the chip kicks and creativity every time I watch him he does one clever thing and three stupid things. I'm much happier at the prospect if Gale/Gaskell for this year. If we are going to be battling relegation, as many (although not me;)) predict, consistency is going to be key. He is not a consistent performer and it often costs us dearly.
What's the point in scoring the tries he does when he gifts the ball to opposing teams just as regularly?? The opposition can't score without the ball in hand so he either needs to improve or as I intimated earlier, I won't cry over his departure.
Cant believe you prefer Gale to Sammutt...I think Luke Gale broke the opposition line once all last year and that was against Salford.........desp
ite his faults he contributes so much more. If we are relying on Gale next year to create opportunities we will be in trouble
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cleckbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]NG1972[/bold] wrote: I read in an article yesterday that Sammut is possibly going to London surely we cannot let this happen if the club require bums on seats we cannot let our best players go.[/p][/quote]Sammut is a liability. Fall his tricks he gets the fundamentals wrong. A lot. He goes missing for long periods and his kicking decisions are suspect. I'll drive him to London if needs be.[/p][/quote]That should be "For all his tricks...."[/p][/quote]He also creates tries out of nothing which was not coming from any other players this season.Some of our wins this season were down to him in the main. He's an entertainer and is great to watch when running at the opposition. I for one would be absolutely gutted if he was allowed to go !![/p][/quote]I take your point that he's entertaining, and were I neutral I would be happy to watch him go for it. But for all the chip kicks and creativity every time I watch him he does one clever thing and three stupid things. I'm much happier at the prospect if Gale/Gaskell for this year. If we are going to be battling relegation, as many (although not me;)) predict, consistency is going to be key. He is not a consistent performer and it often costs us dearly. What's the point in scoring the tries he does when he gifts the ball to opposing teams just as regularly?? The opposition can't score without the ball in hand so he either needs to improve or as I intimated earlier, I won't cry over his departure.[/p][/quote]Cant believe you prefer Gale to Sammutt...I think Luke Gale broke the opposition line once all last year and that was against Salford.........desp ite his faults he contributes so much more. If we are relying on Gale next year to create opportunities we will be in trouble cleckbull

12:19pm Wed 18 Dec 13

StevieLad says...

raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef

ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Salford managed to stave off administration with a CVA, which I think paid 16pc or so. We were stung big-time as punishment for going into administration. CVA was unviable for Bulls - it had got to the point of winding-up orders from creditors, and Adminsitration was required to hold off creditors and buy time.

In short Bulls had fallen much deeper in the quicksand than Salford.

Maybe if the new owners can get the house in order and prove they are capable, trustworthy and in it for the long term, RFL may be more helpful. We can only hope in silence cause as you say they are very quiet of late.

It's not a level playing field at present... but staving off relegation despite that would be doubly satisfying. I feel for the sacked staff but also the players must be sick to the back teeth with it all by now & I don't envy Cummins trying to motivate them
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Salford managed to stave off administration with a CVA, which I think paid 16pc or so. We were stung big-time as punishment for going into administration. CVA was unviable for Bulls - it had got to the point of winding-up orders from creditors, and Adminsitration was required to hold off creditors and buy time. In short Bulls had fallen much deeper in the quicksand than Salford. Maybe if the new owners can get the house in order and prove they are capable, trustworthy and in it for the long term, RFL may be more helpful. We can only hope in silence cause as you say they are very quiet of late. It's not a level playing field at present... but staving off relegation despite that would be doubly satisfying. I feel for the sacked staff but also the players must be sick to the back teeth with it all by now & I don't envy Cummins trying to motivate them StevieLad

12:38pm Wed 18 Dec 13

Alhaurinrhino says...

raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef

ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Shut it Brian, all the other yawping fannies have cleared off after being owned by TVOR.
Why don't you take a leaf out of their book?
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Shut it Brian, all the other yawping fannies have cleared off after being owned by TVOR. Why don't you take a leaf out of their book? Alhaurinrhino

2:30pm Wed 18 Dec 13

bradford_Northern says...

As far as Sammutt goes, I would keep him over all our players. He has more ability than the rest put together. Yes, he makes mistakes at times, but the effort is always there and I personally would like to see players giving it 100% and 'having a go'. We are a better and more inventive/entertaini
ng team with him in it. End of the day I want to enjoy watching my rugby and he puts a smile on my face.
Long live Jarod and his beard in a Bulls shirt!

p.s. I'm not criticising the other players with the 100% effort. Many of the other players show this same commitment, but don't have the flair to pull off the big plays. I think this illustrates why you don't let these maverick playmakers go (especially when you have no money to find alternatives)
As far as Sammutt goes, I would keep him over all our players. He has more ability than the rest put together. Yes, he makes mistakes at times, but the effort is always there and I personally would like to see players giving it 100% and 'having a go'. We are a better and more inventive/entertaini ng team with him in it. End of the day I want to enjoy watching my rugby and he puts a smile on my face. Long live Jarod and his beard in a Bulls shirt! p.s. I'm not criticising the other players with the 100% effort. Many of the other players show this same commitment, but don't have the flair to pull off the big plays. I think this illustrates why you don't let these maverick playmakers go (especially when you have no money to find alternatives) bradford_Northern

3:20pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

StevieLad wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef


ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Salford managed to stave off administration with a CVA, which I think paid 16pc or so. We were stung big-time as punishment for going into administration. CVA was unviable for Bulls - it had got to the point of winding-up orders from creditors, and Adminsitration was required to hold off creditors and buy time.

In short Bulls had fallen much deeper in the quicksand than Salford.

Maybe if the new owners can get the house in order and prove they are capable, trustworthy and in it for the long term, RFL may be more helpful. We can only hope in silence cause as you say they are very quiet of late.

It's not a level playing field at present... but staving off relegation despite that would be doubly satisfying. I feel for the sacked staff but also the players must be sick to the back teeth with it all by now & I don't envy Cummins trying to motivate them
Same here, I feel deeply saddened for the whole sorry mess, with the main collateral damage being people.

I understand full well the difference's but if MK hadn't have been a Multi Millionaire, and one of the main creditors had have decided a CVA wasn't satisfactory to them, Salford also would have gone into administration, for a lot more than we owed. But they didn't , so it doesn't matter, I was only trying to get a balance that shows we aren't the worse apple in the barrel. but we have been treated as if we are?

But you are right in what you say, we cant alter the past, all we can do is hope for a better future.

Enjoy your Xmas, and let's hope for a better 2014.
[quote][p][bold]StevieLad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Salford managed to stave off administration with a CVA, which I think paid 16pc or so. We were stung big-time as punishment for going into administration. CVA was unviable for Bulls - it had got to the point of winding-up orders from creditors, and Adminsitration was required to hold off creditors and buy time. In short Bulls had fallen much deeper in the quicksand than Salford. Maybe if the new owners can get the house in order and prove they are capable, trustworthy and in it for the long term, RFL may be more helpful. We can only hope in silence cause as you say they are very quiet of late. It's not a level playing field at present... but staving off relegation despite that would be doubly satisfying. I feel for the sacked staff but also the players must be sick to the back teeth with it all by now & I don't envy Cummins trying to motivate them[/p][/quote]Same here, I feel deeply saddened for the whole sorry mess, with the main collateral damage being people. I understand full well the difference's but if MK hadn't have been a Multi Millionaire, and one of the main creditors had have decided a CVA wasn't satisfactory to them, Salford also would have gone into administration, for a lot more than we owed. But they didn't , so it doesn't matter, I was only trying to get a balance that shows we aren't the worse apple in the barrel. but we have been treated as if we are? But you are right in what you say, we cant alter the past, all we can do is hope for a better future. Enjoy your Xmas, and let's hope for a better 2014. raisemeup

3:20pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

StevieLad wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef


ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Salford managed to stave off administration with a CVA, which I think paid 16pc or so. We were stung big-time as punishment for going into administration. CVA was unviable for Bulls - it had got to the point of winding-up orders from creditors, and Adminsitration was required to hold off creditors and buy time.

In short Bulls had fallen much deeper in the quicksand than Salford.

Maybe if the new owners can get the house in order and prove they are capable, trustworthy and in it for the long term, RFL may be more helpful. We can only hope in silence cause as you say they are very quiet of late.

It's not a level playing field at present... but staving off relegation despite that would be doubly satisfying. I feel for the sacked staff but also the players must be sick to the back teeth with it all by now & I don't envy Cummins trying to motivate them
Same here, I feel deeply saddened for the whole sorry mess, with the main collateral damage being people.

I understand full well the difference's but if MK hadn't have been a Multi Millionaire, and one of the main creditors had have decided a CVA wasn't satisfactory to them, Salford also would have gone into administration, for a lot more than we owed. But they didn't , so it doesn't matter, I was only trying to get a balance that shows we aren't the worse apple in the barrel. but we have been treated as if we are?

But you are right in what you say, we cant alter the past, all we can do is hope for a better future.

Enjoy your Xmas, and let's hope for a better 2014.
[quote][p][bold]StevieLad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Salford managed to stave off administration with a CVA, which I think paid 16pc or so. We were stung big-time as punishment for going into administration. CVA was unviable for Bulls - it had got to the point of winding-up orders from creditors, and Adminsitration was required to hold off creditors and buy time. In short Bulls had fallen much deeper in the quicksand than Salford. Maybe if the new owners can get the house in order and prove they are capable, trustworthy and in it for the long term, RFL may be more helpful. We can only hope in silence cause as you say they are very quiet of late. It's not a level playing field at present... but staving off relegation despite that would be doubly satisfying. I feel for the sacked staff but also the players must be sick to the back teeth with it all by now & I don't envy Cummins trying to motivate them[/p][/quote]Same here, I feel deeply saddened for the whole sorry mess, with the main collateral damage being people. I understand full well the difference's but if MK hadn't have been a Multi Millionaire, and one of the main creditors had have decided a CVA wasn't satisfactory to them, Salford also would have gone into administration, for a lot more than we owed. But they didn't , so it doesn't matter, I was only trying to get a balance that shows we aren't the worse apple in the barrel. but we have been treated as if we are? But you are right in what you say, we cant alter the past, all we can do is hope for a better future. Enjoy your Xmas, and let's hope for a better 2014. raisemeup

3:26pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef


ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Morning Raisemeup. See you kept clear of yesterdays story with your claims of 21 months dispensation for first year Annual Returns. Do you get tired of being wrong?
This isn't about you, who cares whether I was right or wrong?
Nothing we say has any tangible benefit to the Club or the people who lost their jobs.
But if all you can gloat about are your " fifth column" viewpoints. When real people are suffering. Be my guest.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Morning Raisemeup. See you kept clear of yesterdays story with your claims of 21 months dispensation for first year Annual Returns. Do you get tired of being wrong?[/p][/quote]This isn't about you, who cares whether I was right or wrong? Nothing we say has any tangible benefit to the Club or the people who lost their jobs. But if all you can gloat about are your " fifth column" viewpoints. When real people are suffering. Be my guest. raisemeup

3:26pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why?

If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future.
I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses?

In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least.

PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more.
Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef


ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
Morning Raisemeup. See you kept clear of yesterdays story with your claims of 21 months dispensation for first year Annual Returns. Do you get tired of being wrong?
This isn't about you, who cares whether I was right or wrong?
Nothing we say has any tangible benefit to the Club or the people who lost their jobs.
But if all you can gloat about are your " fifth column" viewpoints. When real people are suffering. Be my guest.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]Morning Raisemeup. See you kept clear of yesterdays story with your claims of 21 months dispensation for first year Annual Returns. Do you get tired of being wrong?[/p][/quote]This isn't about you, who cares whether I was right or wrong? Nothing we say has any tangible benefit to the Club or the people who lost their jobs. But if all you can gloat about are your " fifth column" viewpoints. When real people are suffering. Be my guest. raisemeup

3:27pm Wed 18 Dec 13

Ralphie says...

bradford_Northern wrote:
As far as Sammutt goes, I would keep him over all our players. He has more ability than the rest put together. Yes, he makes mistakes at times, but the effort is always there and I personally would like to see players giving it 100% and 'having a go'. We are a better and more inventive/entertaini ng team with him in it. End of the day I want to enjoy watching my rugby and he puts a smile on my face. Long live Jarod and his beard in a Bulls shirt! p.s. I'm not criticising the other players with the 100% effort. Many of the other players show this same commitment, but don't have the flair to pull off the big plays. I think this illustrates why you don't let these maverick playmakers go (especially when you have no money to find alternatives)
Totally agree. In terms of ability he is head and shoulders above everyone at the Bulls, certainly last year. I would give him more responsibility - make him joint captain with Diskin! They can let Gale go if needs be, he did absolutely othing last season.
[quote][p][bold]bradford_Northern[/bold] wrote: As far as Sammutt goes, I would keep him over all our players. He has more ability than the rest put together. Yes, he makes mistakes at times, but the effort is always there and I personally would like to see players giving it 100% and 'having a go'. We are a better and more inventive/entertaini ng team with him in it. End of the day I want to enjoy watching my rugby and he puts a smile on my face. Long live Jarod and his beard in a Bulls shirt! p.s. I'm not criticising the other players with the 100% effort. Many of the other players show this same commitment, but don't have the flair to pull off the big plays. I think this illustrates why you don't let these maverick playmakers go (especially when you have no money to find alternatives)[/p][/quote]Totally agree. In terms of ability he is head and shoulders above everyone at the Bulls, certainly last year. I would give him more responsibility - make him joint captain with Diskin! They can let Gale go if needs be, he did absolutely othing last season. Ralphie

3:32pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

Lythambull wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
If you fancy a chuckle, and I no way means this offensively, read this long post as if it were lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings! I'm in a tavern in the Shire already!!!!
Tolkein being a nice chap and all that, was someone I never read, nor did I spend much time watching the films. So my friend you may have to make your assessment leap a bit higher. But either way I am not offended, as your posts are in the main interesting and positive.
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]If you fancy a chuckle, and I no way means this offensively, read this long post as if it were lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings! I'm in a tavern in the Shire already!!!![/p][/quote]Tolkein being a nice chap and all that, was someone I never read, nor did I spend much time watching the films. So my friend you may have to make your assessment leap a bit higher. But either way I am not offended, as your posts are in the main interesting and positive. raisemeup

3:32pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

Lythambull wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.
If you fancy a chuckle, and I no way means this offensively, read this long post as if it were lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings! I'm in a tavern in the Shire already!!!!
Tolkein being a nice chap and all that, was someone I never read, nor did I spend much time watching the films. So my friend you may have to make your assessment leap a bit higher. But either way I am not offended, as your posts are in the main interesting and positive.
[quote][p][bold]Lythambull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: The ruling body are silent as the grave over this situation, and one has to ask why? If they called a council meeting to discuss the Bulls rightful compensation money that would save jobs and our short and hopefully long term future. I also believe they have given Wakefield a loan to stave off them having to resort to wholesale job losses? In principle they should help all clubs to stay afloat, but for some reason the Bulls aren't one of them? Incidently before we get the inevitable 'serves you right brigade' coming up with reasons why we shouldn't be given what is rightfully our share of the SKY money, just be aware that Salford went into a CVA to the tune of £4million, with £1.5 million owed to the council. Think of that in context to the £1.2m owed by the Bulls, when we were forced into administration, and who was it that blocked the sale to the ABC consortium, did we actually ever find out why the RFL refused the enhanced deal, that would have also seen some of the previous debts paid off. It's all academic now. But in one fell swoop they could alter our burden to a semi level playing field, at least. PS I fervently wish for all clubs who have suffered in these times of hardship, to be given as much help as is possible. But I am afraid that self interest will be the order of the day once more. Incidently I wjsh for Salford-London-Wakef ield to survive and prosper for the sake of the game and their loyal supporters.[/p][/quote]If you fancy a chuckle, and I no way means this offensively, read this long post as if it were lines from Gandalf in Lord of the Rings! I'm in a tavern in the Shire already!!!![/p][/quote]Tolkein being a nice chap and all that, was someone I never read, nor did I spend much time watching the films. So my friend you may have to make your assessment leap a bit higher. But either way I am not offended, as your posts are in the main interesting and positive. raisemeup

3:43pm Wed 18 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent.
Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.
I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent. Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said. Thee Voice of Reason

4:32pm Wed 18 Dec 13

Madam meow says...

Sutcliffe not heard from for a long while, he had his jolly`s out to Dubai and swanning round in the bar trying to look good. What exactly id he do even as minister of sport????
Sutcliffe not heard from for a long while, he had his jolly`s out to Dubai and swanning round in the bar trying to look good. What exactly id he do even as minister of sport???? Madam meow

5:07pm Wed 18 Dec 13

cleckbull says...

bullbob wrote:
I'll chip in with the petrol money
Save yer money for a new pair of specs bullbob...you obviously need some
[quote][p][bold]bullbob[/bold] wrote: I'll chip in with the petrol money[/p][/quote]Save yer money for a new pair of specs bullbob...you obviously need some cleckbull

5:56pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent.
Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.
Who ever said you were?
You have a friend who's lost his job, so instead of him asking the questions you are doing it for him? I always find it strange that whenever a story breaks you always have a mysterious source on the spot?
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent. Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.[/p][/quote]Who ever said you were? You have a friend who's lost his job, so instead of him asking the questions you are doing it for him? I always find it strange that whenever a story breaks you always have a mysterious source on the spot? raisemeup

6:21pm Wed 18 Dec 13

RABTID says...

Before posting on here, I used to read most of the posts, many amused me, I have a low humour level. But Raise, I too have noticed that many of the posters on here, have friends at Odsal, for what it matters so do I, about 8000 in all, at every home game.

For the club to get on a stable footing, £400k has to saved, if that means players and staff going so be it. I do feel for those made redundant, having twice gone through it.

To the article, I like many others hope that the team can be kept together. There will no doubt that some will go. Already the rumours are circulating, that London Broncos are already sniffing around. But do they have the cash? As has been said by RHP, most SL teams have got their full quotas and topped their cap levels.

Should we lose players, then the young'uns will have to step up and be counted.
Before posting on here, I used to read most of the posts, many amused me, I have a low humour level. But Raise, I too have noticed that many of the posters on here, have friends at Odsal, for what it matters so do I, about 8000 in all, at every home game. For the club to get on a stable footing, £400k has to saved, if that means players and staff going so be it. I do feel for those made redundant, having twice gone through it. To the article, I like many others hope that the team can be kept together. There will no doubt that some will go. Already the rumours are circulating, that London Broncos are already sniffing around. But do they have the cash? As has been said by RHP, most SL teams have got their full quotas and topped their cap levels. Should we lose players, then the young'uns will have to step up and be counted. RABTID

8:33pm Wed 18 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

raisemeup wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent.
Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.
Who ever said you were?
You have a friend who's lost his job, so instead of him asking the questions you are doing it for him? I always find it strange that whenever a story breaks you always have a mysterious source on the spot?
But my source is spot on as has been proven several times. You also have a source and that source is me. You just choose to not believe what I passed on.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent. Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.[/p][/quote]Who ever said you were? You have a friend who's lost his job, so instead of him asking the questions you are doing it for him? I always find it strange that whenever a story breaks you always have a mysterious source on the spot?[/p][/quote]But my source is spot on as has been proven several times. You also have a source and that source is me. You just choose to not believe what I passed on. Thee Voice of Reason

9:46pm Wed 18 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
raisemeup wrote:
Thee Voice of Reason wrote:
I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent.
Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.
Who ever said you were?
You have a friend who's lost his job, so instead of him asking the questions you are doing it for him? I always find it strange that whenever a story breaks you always have a mysterious source on the spot?
But my source is spot on as has been proven several times. You also have a source and that source is me. You just choose to not believe what I passed on.
So I was right you and your source are a clandestine and mysterious entity, who when found will be either prosecuted or sacked from a position that is supposed to be held by someone with honesty and integrity.
Or is it a figment of your imagination?
I never believe anyone who says they have a source, or they Know someone that said, or they have a friend that works for the Bulls and they told me etc.
So don't waste your breath, because you are not a reliable source for anything but gossip and innuendo.
[quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thee Voice of Reason[/bold] wrote: I aren't the reason people are losing their jobs so don't pull that one. I want answers from Sutcliffe and Khan because a friend of mine has lost his. Both are silent. Thing is if your going to slate me but not offer an apology for slating me when proven correct, I will remind you of what you said.[/p][/quote]Who ever said you were? You have a friend who's lost his job, so instead of him asking the questions you are doing it for him? I always find it strange that whenever a story breaks you always have a mysterious source on the spot?[/p][/quote]But my source is spot on as has been proven several times. You also have a source and that source is me. You just choose to not believe what I passed on.[/p][/quote]So I was right you and your source are a clandestine and mysterious entity, who when found will be either prosecuted or sacked from a position that is supposed to be held by someone with honesty and integrity. Or is it a figment of your imagination? I never believe anyone who says they have a source, or they Know someone that said, or they have a friend that works for the Bulls and they told me etc. So don't waste your breath, because you are not a reliable source for anything but gossip and innuendo. raisemeup

10:27pm Wed 18 Dec 13

Thee Voice of Reason says...

You just believe your buddy viking who was so wrong he hasn't shown for a fortnight instead then.
Even when pretty much all I have said is unfolding infront of your eyes you still deny it.
I wish the Bulls all the best and want the fans to know what has been going on as mistakes keep repeating themselves. You prefer to point the finger of blame at the RFL who have already purchased your ground to keep you going, then gave you monies upfront to finish the season.
You just believe your buddy viking who was so wrong he hasn't shown for a fortnight instead then. Even when pretty much all I have said is unfolding infront of your eyes you still deny it. I wish the Bulls all the best and want the fans to know what has been going on as mistakes keep repeating themselves. You prefer to point the finger of blame at the RFL who have already purchased your ground to keep you going, then gave you monies upfront to finish the season. Thee Voice of Reason

10:55pm Wed 18 Dec 13

bradfordbronco says...

Will somebody please just acknowledge that TVOR was right about everything Is he some kind of Stephen Hawking with answers to questions we didn't even know we asked! His greatness is beyond compare. He told us weeks ago the annual returns were due. Most of of us panicked, some brave souls even dared to question the Master. What was going to happen? Were the Bulls aware of their impending doom? Would we be heading for administration again? Apparently even the Bulls have listened to the TVOR and filed their annual return and disaster was averted.

They can now carry on the difficult job of rebuilding the club. They're not in administration, but of course TVOR was right. Right about what, I'm not sure, but he must be right because he keeps telling us he's right what more evidence does anyone require than that of a self elected prophet?
Will somebody please just acknowledge that TVOR was right about everything Is he some kind of Stephen Hawking with answers to questions we didn't even know we asked! His greatness is beyond compare. He told us weeks ago the annual returns were due. Most of of us panicked, some brave souls even dared to question the Master. What was going to happen? Were the Bulls aware of their impending doom? Would we be heading for administration again? Apparently even the Bulls have listened to the TVOR and filed their annual return and disaster was averted. They can now carry on the difficult job of rebuilding the club. They're not in administration, but of course TVOR was right. Right about what, I'm not sure, but he must be right because he keeps telling us he's right what more evidence does anyone require than that of a self elected prophet? bradfordbronco

6:32am Thu 19 Dec 13

fedupwiththeBS says...

the comments on here about Jarrod Sammut show me two things; the first being that most do not even know how to spell his name and secondly most posting on here have no real idea about rugby!

Yes he has made mistakes in games last season but what Bulls player didn't?
He is a game winner as he showed on a number of occasions; the game away against London springs to mind where he was on fire.

As for selling him to London, well that is going to come back and bite us in the a***, as with the most rose tinted specs in the world on we will be in and around the relegation zone this season again if we lose players at this stage.
the comments on here about Jarrod Sammut show me two things; the first being that most do not even know how to spell his name and secondly most posting on here have no real idea about rugby! Yes he has made mistakes in games last season but what Bulls player didn't? He is a game winner as he showed on a number of occasions; the game away against London springs to mind where he was on fire. As for selling him to London, well that is going to come back and bite us in the a***, as with the most rose tinted specs in the world on we will be in and around the relegation zone this season again if we lose players at this stage. fedupwiththeBS

9:07am Thu 19 Dec 13

raisemeup says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
Will somebody please just acknowledge that TVOR was right about everything Is he some kind of Stephen Hawking with answers to questions we didn't even know we asked! His greatness is beyond compare. He told us weeks ago the annual returns were due. Most of of us panicked, some brave souls even dared to question the Master. What was going to happen? Were the Bulls aware of their impending doom? Would we be heading for administration again? Apparently even the Bulls have listened to the TVOR and filed their annual return and disaster was averted.

They can now carry on the difficult job of rebuilding the club. They're not in administration, but of course TVOR was right. Right about what, I'm not sure, but he must be right because he keeps telling us he's right what more evidence does anyone require than that of a self elected prophet?
Thank you BB you are more the voice of reason, but don't change your pen name, we have enough confusion?
However his last post again shows an inaccuracy that on the face of it is a throw away comment about how the RFL bought our ground to help us, and propped us up financially. Most people now believe that.
A long memory helps for the important bits, whereas our friend says anything to make the controversy carry on.
Incidently the truth of the matter was that the RFL bought the stadium because the Bulls owed them £750k and they wanted it back. The money was not given to the Bulls to prop up our team, it was advanced from that years compensation figure. It's history and we shouldn't be put in a position by the likes of TV and others of having to defend a decision taken by others to keep us afloat. He's right though when he implies I do not see the RFL in a friendly light, they could, and still can, ease the burden and save many people from the dole, by just arranging to give us at least this next years £650k, The other clubs have had some compensation as of last season, (ie circa £50k per club per year for nothing is a good bonus figure wouldn't you think? ) Have a good Christmas and here's to a good New Year
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Will somebody please just acknowledge that TVOR was right about everything Is he some kind of Stephen Hawking with answers to questions we didn't even know we asked! His greatness is beyond compare. He told us weeks ago the annual returns were due. Most of of us panicked, some brave souls even dared to question the Master. What was going to happen? Were the Bulls aware of their impending doom? Would we be heading for administration again? Apparently even the Bulls have listened to the TVOR and filed their annual return and disaster was averted. They can now carry on the difficult job of rebuilding the club. They're not in administration, but of course TVOR was right. Right about what, I'm not sure, but he must be right because he keeps telling us he's right what more evidence does anyone require than that of a self elected prophet?[/p][/quote]Thank you BB you are more the voice of reason, but don't change your pen name, we have enough confusion? However his last post again shows an inaccuracy that on the face of it is a throw away comment about how the RFL bought our ground to help us, and propped us up financially. Most people now believe that. A long memory helps for the important bits, whereas our friend says anything to make the controversy carry on. Incidently the truth of the matter was that the RFL bought the stadium because the Bulls owed them £750k and they wanted it back. The money was not given to the Bulls to prop up our team, it was advanced from that years compensation figure. It's history and we shouldn't be put in a position by the likes of TV and others of having to defend a decision taken by others to keep us afloat. He's right though when he implies I do not see the RFL in a friendly light, they could, and still can, ease the burden and save many people from the dole, by just arranging to give us at least this next years £650k, The other clubs have had some compensation as of last season, (ie circa £50k per club per year for nothing is a good bonus figure wouldn't you think? ) Have a good Christmas and here's to a good New Year raisemeup

12:17pm Thu 19 Dec 13

theoutsider says...

Yeah Francis I bet they were 'brilliant' abart it as they skipped darn the road t' job centre..Merry Christmas from 't'Bulls yer arta work !. How's Bob Catch-itt going to feed Tiny Tim then ?..
Yeah Francis I bet they were 'brilliant' abart it as they skipped darn the road t' job centre..Merry Christmas from 't'Bulls yer arta work !. How's Bob Catch-itt going to feed Tiny Tim then ?.. theoutsider

2:16pm Thu 19 Dec 13

BierleyBoy says...

Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position.

Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on.

If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.
Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position. Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on. If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned. BierleyBoy

2:36pm Thu 19 Dec 13

BierleyBoy says...

raisemeup wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote:
Will somebody please just acknowledge that TVOR was right about everything Is he some kind of Stephen Hawking with answers to questions we didn't even know we asked! His greatness is beyond compare. He told us weeks ago the annual returns were due. Most of of us panicked, some brave souls even dared to question the Master. What was going to happen? Were the Bulls aware of their impending doom? Would we be heading for administration again? Apparently even the Bulls have listened to the TVOR and filed their annual return and disaster was averted.

They can now carry on the difficult job of rebuilding the club. They're not in administration, but of course TVOR was right. Right about what, I'm not sure, but he must be right because he keeps telling us he's right what more evidence does anyone require than that of a self elected prophet?
Thank you BB you are more the voice of reason, but don't change your pen name, we have enough confusion?
However his last post again shows an inaccuracy that on the face of it is a throw away comment about how the RFL bought our ground to help us, and propped us up financially. Most people now believe that.
A long memory helps for the important bits, whereas our friend says anything to make the controversy carry on.
Incidently the truth of the matter was that the RFL bought the stadium because the Bulls owed them £750k and they wanted it back. The money was not given to the Bulls to prop up our team, it was advanced from that years compensation figure. It's history and we shouldn't be put in a position by the likes of TV and others of having to defend a decision taken by others to keep us afloat. He's right though when he implies I do not see the RFL in a friendly light, they could, and still can, ease the burden and save many people from the dole, by just arranging to give us at least this next years £650k, The other clubs have had some compensation as of last season, (ie circa £50k per club per year for nothing is a good bonus figure wouldn't you think? ) Have a good Christmas and here's to a good New Year
You seem confused. Why do you use the term compensation? The RFL owns the lease on Odsal. The RFL. Did not call any loans in, it was not owed any money.

It was put forward by hood & others at the time that the lease was sold in order to fight off predators.

Perhaps you know that another company called safeguard security group already has a charge on the assets of OK Bulls Ltd? This was taken out just 4 days after Omar Khan left.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: Will somebody please just acknowledge that TVOR was right about everything Is he some kind of Stephen Hawking with answers to questions we didn't even know we asked! His greatness is beyond compare. He told us weeks ago the annual returns were due. Most of of us panicked, some brave souls even dared to question the Master. What was going to happen? Were the Bulls aware of their impending doom? Would we be heading for administration again? Apparently even the Bulls have listened to the TVOR and filed their annual return and disaster was averted. They can now carry on the difficult job of rebuilding the club. They're not in administration, but of course TVOR was right. Right about what, I'm not sure, but he must be right because he keeps telling us he's right what more evidence does anyone require than that of a self elected prophet?[/p][/quote]Thank you BB you are more the voice of reason, but don't change your pen name, we have enough confusion? However his last post again shows an inaccuracy that on the face of it is a throw away comment about how the RFL bought our ground to help us, and propped us up financially. Most people now believe that. A long memory helps for the important bits, whereas our friend says anything to make the controversy carry on. Incidently the truth of the matter was that the RFL bought the stadium because the Bulls owed them £750k and they wanted it back. The money was not given to the Bulls to prop up our team, it was advanced from that years compensation figure. It's history and we shouldn't be put in a position by the likes of TV and others of having to defend a decision taken by others to keep us afloat. He's right though when he implies I do not see the RFL in a friendly light, they could, and still can, ease the burden and save many people from the dole, by just arranging to give us at least this next years £650k, The other clubs have had some compensation as of last season, (ie circa £50k per club per year for nothing is a good bonus figure wouldn't you think? ) Have a good Christmas and here's to a good New Year[/p][/quote]You seem confused. Why do you use the term compensation? The RFL owns the lease on Odsal. The RFL. Did not call any loans in, it was not owed any money. It was put forward by hood & others at the time that the lease was sold in order to fight off predators. Perhaps you know that another company called safeguard security group already has a charge on the assets of OK Bulls Ltd? This was taken out just 4 days after Omar Khan left. BierleyBoy

9:29pm Thu 19 Dec 13

bradfordbronco says...

BierleyBoy wrote:
Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position.

Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on.

If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.
Nobody other than you has said jobs are going in this area. Dont confuse the role of a physio with that of a doctor. The club must have a doctor in attendance at every game, so don't worry about the players safety if you actually were!! There's so many qualified out of work physios these days that 18K is probably about right. I'd suggest you'd find something else to question, perhaps the amount of time you have on your hands.
[quote][p][bold]BierleyBoy[/bold] wrote: Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position. Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on. If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.[/p][/quote]Nobody other than you has said jobs are going in this area. Dont confuse the role of a physio with that of a doctor. The club must have a doctor in attendance at every game, so don't worry about the players safety if you actually were!! There's so many qualified out of work physios these days that 18K is probably about right. I'd suggest you'd find something else to question, perhaps the amount of time you have on your hands. bradfordbronco

12:40pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

bradfordbronco wrote:
BierleyBoy wrote:
Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position.

Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on.

If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.
Nobody other than you has said jobs are going in this area. Dont confuse the role of a physio with that of a doctor. The club must have a doctor in attendance at every game, so don't worry about the players safety if you actually were!! There's so many qualified out of work physios these days that 18K is probably about right. I'd suggest you'd find something else to question, perhaps the amount of time you have on your hands.
18k for a fully qualified physio?

Are you for real?

Average starting wage for a fresh graduate is £26k, a well established sports physio is on £30K +

No wonder the club is in a state. Every one from the fans to the directors are mentalists.
[quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BierleyBoy[/bold] wrote: Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position. Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on. If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.[/p][/quote]Nobody other than you has said jobs are going in this area. Dont confuse the role of a physio with that of a doctor. The club must have a doctor in attendance at every game, so don't worry about the players safety if you actually were!! There's so many qualified out of work physios these days that 18K is probably about right. I'd suggest you'd find something else to question, perhaps the amount of time you have on your hands.[/p][/quote]18k for a fully qualified physio? Are you for real? Average starting wage for a fresh graduate is £26k, a well established sports physio is on £30K + No wonder the club is in a state. Every one from the fans to the directors are mentalists. Prisoner Cell Block A

12:48pm Fri 20 Dec 13

Prisoner Cell Block A says...

Prisoner Cell Block A wrote:
bradfordbronco wrote:
BierleyBoy wrote:
Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position.

Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on.

If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.
Nobody other than you has said jobs are going in this area. Dont confuse the role of a physio with that of a doctor. The club must have a doctor in attendance at every game, so don't worry about the players safety if you actually were!! There's so many qualified out of work physios these days that 18K is probably about right. I'd suggest you'd find something else to question, perhaps the amount of time you have on your hands.
18k for a fully qualified physio?

Are you for real?

Average starting wage for a fresh graduate is £26k, a well established sports physio is on £30K +

No wonder the club is in a state. Every one from the fans to the directors are mentalists.
Income

Sports physiotherapists working for public sector organisations such as universities can earn up to £30,000 a year.

In the private sector, sports physiotherapists in high street clinics can earn up to £30,000 to£40,000 a year.

Sports physiotherapists working with high profile athletes such as football teams, can earn considerably more.
[quote][p][bold]Prisoner Cell Block A[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]bradfordbronco[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BierleyBoy[/bold] wrote: Not long ago the bulls advertised for a first team physio. They offered £18k a year for a full time job. That's a very poor wage for such an integral position. Player welfare in terms of fitness, rehabilitation & conditioning to play rugby league is not something that should be skimped on. If jobs are going in this area, the safety & provision of sufficient medical back up has to be questioned.[/p][/quote]Nobody other than you has said jobs are going in this area. Dont confuse the role of a physio with that of a doctor. The club must have a doctor in attendance at every game, so don't worry about the players safety if you actually were!! There's so many qualified out of work physios these days that 18K is probably about right. I'd suggest you'd find something else to question, perhaps the amount of time you have on your hands.[/p][/quote]18k for a fully qualified physio? Are you for real? Average starting wage for a fresh graduate is £26k, a well established sports physio is on £30K + No wonder the club is in a state. Every one from the fans to the directors are mentalists.[/p][/quote]Income Sports physiotherapists working for public sector organisations such as universities can earn up to £30,000 a year. In the private sector, sports physiotherapists in high street clinics can earn up to £30,000 to£40,000 a year. Sports physiotherapists working with high profile athletes such as football teams, can earn considerably more. Prisoner Cell Block A

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree