Injuries take the shine off Bradford Bulls' Challenge Cup victory

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Try-scorer Luke Gale is mobbed after adding more points to the Bulls' total Try-scorer Luke Gale is mobbed after adding more points to the Bulls' total

Bulls coach Francis Cummins will assess injuries to Jamie Foster and Jamie Langley after they were forced off in yesterday’s romp at Rochdale.

The Bulls won 70-10 at Spotland to book their place in today’s Tetley’s Challenge Cup fifth-round draw but lost Langley (hamstring) and Foster (shoulder) during the opening quarter.

Cummins – who saw Sam Wood and Ben Evans make impressive debuts – said: “I don’t think Jamie Foster’s injury is too bad, although it was bad enough to keep him off the field.

“Hopefully he will be okay for the Warrington game. Jamie Langley picked up a hamstring injury and had to go off very early.”

Elliott Whitehead continued his fine season with a second-half hat-trick and Luke Gale (2), Jarrod Sammut (2), Wood, Langley, Chev Walker, John Bateman and Michael Platt also touched down.

It was a special moment for Academy captain Wood, 19, who crossed unopposed from Adrian Purtell’s pass to open the scoring in the third minute.

Cummins added: “I was really pleased for Sam because he’s worked very hard during the off-season and with the Under-19s.

“I’m glad he was able to show some of his skills.”

On-loan Warrington forward Evans, 20, was forced to undergo surgery due to a long-standing hip injury but he finally made his bow yesterday and could now make his Super League debut against his parent club on Sunday.

Cummins said: “I don’t think Ben would have slept much last night but he really enjoyed himself and gave a good account of himself.”

Looking ahead to today’s draw, the Bulls coach added: “If you’re going to win it then you’ve got to play the best.”

He added he was “not that confident” about on-loan Warrington centre Matty Blythe shaking off a back injury in time to face his parent club at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on Sunday.

However, Brett Kearney, Elliot Kear, Matt Diskin and Nick Scruton will all return to the side after being rested yesterday.

Meanwhile, the RFL are poised to confirm that the Bulls' Super League licence has been extended until the end of 2014.

The announcement could be made early this week, giving the Bulls the green light to begin planning for next year on and off the field.

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:51am Mon 22 Apr 13

Mickbull4eva says...

Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in Mickbull4eva

9:07am Mon 22 Apr 13

JAtkinson says...

Agreed Mick. He has his knockers but I think our defence misses him when he's not the there.

Well done to team, especially young guns coming through.
Agreed Mick. He has his knockers but I think our defence misses him when he's not the there. Well done to team, especially young guns coming through. JAtkinson

9:36am Mon 22 Apr 13

mines a pint says...

Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
[quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in mines a pint

9:45am Mon 22 Apr 13

Mickbull4eva says...

I wasnt on about past im on about this season he has been off more than on,and who said i was having ago,keep your hair on,no one allowed to say anything nowadays
I wasnt on about past im on about this season he has been off more than on,and who said i was having ago,keep your hair on,no one allowed to say anything nowadays Mickbull4eva

9:46am Mon 22 Apr 13

Mumby was the best says...

mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
You are so right. For some reason he has knockers, don`t they realise that it is because of his work ethic that players like Sammut and Kearney can shine. Also these same people are starting to knock young Donaldson who is the same type of workhorse.
Like you say Langers injury problems making him miss matches are exaggerated by the knockers.
[quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]You are so right. For some reason he has knockers, don`t they realise that it is because of his work ethic that players like Sammut and Kearney can shine. Also these same people are starting to knock young Donaldson who is the same type of workhorse. Like you say Langers injury problems making him miss matches are exaggerated by the knockers. Mumby was the best

10:00am Mon 22 Apr 13

Mickbull4eva says...

Lol every player for the bulls is brilliant,totally faultless,100% best there is,always there always give 110% couldnt ask for more..

Is that better :-)
Lol every player for the bulls is brilliant,totally faultless,100% best there is,always there always give 110% couldnt ask for more.. Is that better :-) Mickbull4eva

10:08am Mon 22 Apr 13

Mumby was the best says...

Much better :-) Talking sense now!!!!
Much better :-) Talking sense now!!!! Mumby was the best

10:12am Mon 22 Apr 13

mdn says...

Mickbull4eva wrote:
I wasnt on about past im on about this season he has been off more than on,and who said i was having ago,keep your hair on,no one allowed to say anything nowadays
wrong again. 12 SL games played this year so far. Langleys only missed two of them. so hardly out more than he is in.
[quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: I wasnt on about past im on about this season he has been off more than on,and who said i was having ago,keep your hair on,no one allowed to say anything nowadays[/p][/quote]wrong again. 12 SL games played this year so far. Langleys only missed two of them. so hardly out more than he is in. mdn

10:28am Mon 22 Apr 13

JAtkinson says...

mdn wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
I wasnt on about past im on about this season he has been off more than on,and who said i was having ago,keep your hair on,no one allowed to say anything nowadays
wrong again. 12 SL games played this year so far. Langleys only missed two of them. so hardly out more than he is in.
Perhaps that's the problem - he's so necessary to the side, when he's missing it's very noticeable. Hanged by his own petard.
[quote][p][bold]mdn[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: I wasnt on about past im on about this season he has been off more than on,and who said i was having ago,keep your hair on,no one allowed to say anything nowadays[/p][/quote]wrong again. 12 SL games played this year so far. Langleys only missed two of them. so hardly out more than he is in.[/p][/quote]Perhaps that's the problem - he's so necessary to the side, when he's missing it's very noticeable. Hanged by his own petard. JAtkinson

10:48am Mon 22 Apr 13

oddshapedballs says...

mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008.
So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods.
I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table.
sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature.
It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.
[quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008. So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods. I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table. sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature. It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching. oddshapedballs

10:51am Mon 22 Apr 13

Solomon Grundy says...

oddshapedballs wrote:
mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008.
So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods.
I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table.
sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature.
It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.
Nonsense.
[quote][p][bold]oddshapedballs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008. So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods. I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table. sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature. It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.[/p][/quote]Nonsense. Solomon Grundy

11:17am Mon 22 Apr 13

Wildcatbull says...

mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
Langley INJURUED again! He's like a tampon in for a week them out for 3! Get rid
[quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]Langley INJURUED again! He's like a tampon in for a week them out for 3! Get rid Wildcatbull

11:18am Mon 22 Apr 13

Wildcatbull says...

oddshapedballs wrote:
mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008.
So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods.
I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table.
sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature.
It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.
You his father or something!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]oddshapedballs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008. So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods. I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table. sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature. It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.[/p][/quote]You his father or something!!!!! Wildcatbull

12:15pm Mon 22 Apr 13

Videoref says...

The guys only pulled a hamstring-not had his leg off for gods sake
The guys only pulled a hamstring-not had his leg off for gods sake Videoref

12:22pm Mon 22 Apr 13

mines a pint says...

oddshapedballs wrote:
mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008.
So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods.
I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table.
sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature.
It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.
Really can not be bothered arguing when arguments are based purely on opinion not fact so here are the facts for you

2008 28 from 31 90%
2009 26 from 29 90%
2010 20 from 30 67%
2011 15 from 25 52%
2012 25 from 29 86%
2013 ytd 11 from 13 85%

So that's 72% for the last 4 seasons discounting 08 & 09 when he achieved 90%

Clearly maths is not a strong point
[quote][p][bold]oddshapedballs[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]"These two years apart he has appeared in 85% of games since 2008. So what you are saying is discount the last two years and look at historical figures. Does your 85% include 2008 if not we are talking 50% of the four seasons he has been out injured for long periods. I fully agree that he works his ar$e off WHEN ON THE FIELD. But I am afraid that is all too infrequent nowadays and his defence is terrible when he is on the treatment table. sorry but we have a small squad and cannot afford injury prone players of this nature. It is a sad state we are in but sentiment cannot come into this and he should retire and hopefully find a place within the club in coaching.[/p][/quote]Really can not be bothered arguing when arguments are based purely on opinion not fact so here are the facts for you 2008 28 from 31 90% 2009 26 from 29 90% 2010 20 from 30 67% 2011 15 from 25 52% 2012 25 from 29 86% 2013 ytd 11 from 13 85% So that's 72% for the last 4 seasons discounting 08 & 09 when he achieved 90% Clearly maths is not a strong point mines a pint

12:24pm Mon 22 Apr 13

mines a pint says...

Mickbull4eva wrote:
Lol every player for the bulls is brilliant,totally faultless,100% best there is,always there always give 110% couldnt ask for more..

Is that better :-)
now you are showing not just your lack of knowledge about the team & an individuals performance but also a distinct lack of maturity & inability to hold a reasoned discussion
[quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Lol every player for the bulls is brilliant,totally faultless,100% best there is,always there always give 110% couldnt ask for more.. Is that better :-)[/p][/quote]now you are showing not just your lack of knowledge about the team & an individuals performance but also a distinct lack of maturity & inability to hold a reasoned discussion mines a pint

12:26pm Mon 22 Apr 13

mines a pint says...

Wildcatbull wrote:
mines a pint wrote:
Mickbull4eva wrote:
Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in
Here we go again lets knock Langley

Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy

Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury

I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not

OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67%

These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78%

So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in
Langley INJURUED again! He's like a tampon in for a week them out for 3! Get rid
you know what they say about opinions bit like A holes

But why let facts stand in the way!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Wildcatbull[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mines a pint[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mickbull4eva[/bold] wrote: Langley injured again this is not good for him,spends more time out then in[/p][/quote]Here we go again lets knock Langley Without Langers on the field we are a considerably weaker side defensively and he is also first to put himself forward to do the hard yards taking the ball forward up the middle This guy has bled for the club for over ten years & I am staggered at the number of so called fans that continue to knock the guy Given the work rate in defense & the number of carries he makes up the middle it is not surprising that he is going to pick up the odd injury I could understand it to some degree if the knockers were actually supported by fact but they are not OK he had a very bad season in 2011 when he only played 15 games for the club but that was still 52% & in 2010 only featuring in 20 out of 30 games for an average of 67% These two seasons apart since 2008 Langers has appeared in over 85% of all games league & cup and since 2008 he achieved an average appearance rate of 78% So please explain Mickbull4eva the ridiculous statement that he spends more time out than in[/p][/quote]Langley INJURUED again! He's like a tampon in for a week them out for 3! Get rid[/p][/quote]you know what they say about opinions bit like A holes But why let facts stand in the way!!!!!! mines a pint

12:35pm Mon 22 Apr 13

raisemeup says...

Over the many years I've heard it all from many fans who show their misplaced anger at individual players?
In my opinion this is not only wrong, because with the odd exception,
I have never known a Player who hasn't given his best for the club.

Peter Fox once said he would not countenance anyone abusing his Players from the Terraces or otherwise.
Because he could guarantee that at some time they would hear it, and not only was it unjustified it was also hurtful to that Player. Peter was also known for asking those that criticised to come and see if they could do any better!

Jamie Langley is still a first rate player with unquestionable loyalty to the Bulls, and I for one wish him a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him playing once more! Defensively we miss him and his attack is not bad either!
Over the many years I've heard it all from many fans who show their misplaced anger at individual players? In my opinion this is not only wrong, because with the odd exception, I have never known a Player who hasn't given his best for the club. Peter Fox once said he would not countenance anyone abusing his Players from the Terraces or otherwise. Because he could guarantee that at some time they would hear it, and not only was it unjustified it was also hurtful to that Player. Peter was also known for asking those that criticised to come and see if they could do any better! Jamie Langley is still a first rate player with unquestionable loyalty to the Bulls, and I for one wish him a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him playing once more! Defensively we miss him and his attack is not bad either! raisemeup

1:09pm Mon 22 Apr 13

JAtkinson says...

raisemeup wrote:
Over the many years I've heard it all from many fans who show their misplaced anger at individual players?
In my opinion this is not only wrong, because with the odd exception,
I have never known a Player who hasn't given his best for the club.

Peter Fox once said he would not countenance anyone abusing his Players from the Terraces or otherwise.
Because he could guarantee that at some time they would hear it, and not only was it unjustified it was also hurtful to that Player. Peter was also known for asking those that criticised to come and see if they could do any better!

Jamie Langley is still a first rate player with unquestionable loyalty to the Bulls, and I for one wish him a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him playing once more! Defensively we miss him and his attack is not bad either!
Good points well made.

As for attack, I think he is a good prop. I think most will agree he's no LF. In defence, he's a powerhouse and we miss him when he's off the field.

Langley should be in the squad, I'm in no doubt, but must be pushed up. To front row and another person (Addy?) at LF.
[quote][p][bold]raisemeup[/bold] wrote: Over the many years I've heard it all from many fans who show their misplaced anger at individual players? In my opinion this is not only wrong, because with the odd exception, I have never known a Player who hasn't given his best for the club. Peter Fox once said he would not countenance anyone abusing his Players from the Terraces or otherwise. Because he could guarantee that at some time they would hear it, and not only was it unjustified it was also hurtful to that Player. Peter was also known for asking those that criticised to come and see if they could do any better! Jamie Langley is still a first rate player with unquestionable loyalty to the Bulls, and I for one wish him a speedy recovery, and look forward to seeing him playing once more! Defensively we miss him and his attack is not bad either![/p][/quote]Good points well made. As for attack, I think he is a good prop. I think most will agree he's no LF. In defence, he's a powerhouse and we miss him when he's off the field. Langley should be in the squad, I'm in no doubt, but must be pushed up. To front row and another person (Addy?) at LF. JAtkinson

1:29pm Mon 22 Apr 13

Steam Pigs says...

In other news it appears the 2014 SL Season WILL feature the Bulls
In other news it appears the 2014 SL Season WILL feature the Bulls Steam Pigs

2:30pm Mon 22 Apr 13

NORTHER1964 says...

I know I have knocked Langers in the past but that's because we seem to play the lad at loose when his best position is prop and that's where Franny played him yesterday thank god. Is Jamie Foster going to be off the field more than on it after all this is his second injury in less than half a season, lets hope he's not going to be carrying the water bottles for most of the year.
I know I have knocked Langers in the past but that's because we seem to play the lad at loose when his best position is prop and that's where Franny played him yesterday thank god. Is Jamie Foster going to be off the field more than on it after all this is his second injury in less than half a season, lets hope he's not going to be carrying the water bottles for most of the year. NORTHER1964

10:55pm Mon 22 Apr 13

bradfordbronco says...

I've spent much of the last 6 years criticising Langley. Mainly because he is supposed to be one the leaders on the field & I feel he was one who allowed himself & other players NOT to give 100% and we all the results on the field. His defence was overated. Often coming in 3rd man in the the tackle & getting up last so he could stand at marker & didnt have to run back 10 metres. His creative skills for a loose forward were rubbish his reading of the game was also poor, taking a drive in when we're 20 metres fron the line & needed a creative play and hiding when we're 20metres from our line & need him to take a drive in.

Having said all that, this season i think he's been pretty good and worth a place in the team. Think this has much to do with Francis Cummins demanding more effort from all the players and Langley has stepped up to the mark. I cant criticise him this season and hope he recovers soon.
I've spent much of the last 6 years criticising Langley. Mainly because he is supposed to be one the leaders on the field & I feel he was one who allowed himself & other players NOT to give 100% and we all the results on the field. His defence was overated. Often coming in 3rd man in the the tackle & getting up last so he could stand at marker & didnt have to run back 10 metres. His creative skills for a loose forward were rubbish his reading of the game was also poor, taking a drive in when we're 20 metres fron the line & needed a creative play and hiding when we're 20metres from our line & need him to take a drive in. Having said all that, this season i think he's been pretty good and worth a place in the team. Think this has much to do with Francis Cummins demanding more effort from all the players and Langley has stepped up to the mark. I cant criticise him this season and hope he recovers soon. bradfordbronco

9:31am Tue 23 Apr 13

Uglytruth says...

ALWAYS INJURED
FLOG THE DONKEY HES PAST IT.
NEVER FIRST MAN IN A TACKLE, ONLY WANTS TO STAY AT BULLS BECAUSE NO OTHER CLUB WOULD TOUCH HIM
ALWAYS INJURED FLOG THE DONKEY HES PAST IT. NEVER FIRST MAN IN A TACKLE, ONLY WANTS TO STAY AT BULLS BECAUSE NO OTHER CLUB WOULD TOUCH HIM Uglytruth

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree