Football returned to the area tonight with four of the six scheduled games featuring local semi-professional clubs going ahead.

West Riding County Cup holders Guiseley comfortably reached their third final on the bounce as they cruised to a 5-0 semi-final win over Harrogate Railway Athletic at Nethermoor.

Substitute Kevin Holsgrove did most of the damage after coming on from the bench to grab a second-half hat-trick. Wayne Brooksby had opened the scoring and James Walshaw added the second before the interval.

Farsley were also in knockout action and they marched on with a 2-1 win in the fourth round of the Doodson Sports (Evo-Stik League) Cup over Worksop Town.

Brice Tiani gave the home side the lead minutes before half-time and leading scorer Adam Priestley doubled Farsley’s advantage in the second half.

Worksop pulled a goal back through Ash Burbeary and the nerves were jangling in the extended period of stoppage time but Neil Parsley’s men held on to register their second Premier Division scalp.

Elsewhere, two clubs were in league action with Brighouse Town bouncing back from their FA Vase exit at the weekend in fine style.

Town eased to a 4-0 win at Long Eaton United in the Baris Northern Counties East Premier Division.

Ryan Hall opened the scoring in the 11th minute and wrapped it up just minutes after the break, with Tom Matthews and Keiran Ryan also netting.

In Division One, Albion Sports had to settle for a point from a goalless draw at Hemsworth MW.

Albion were aggrieved not to have won it after having a first-half strike from Karl Hall controversially ruled out.

Keeper Aaron Bryan’s goal-kick came back to him on the strong wind and he kicked it forward again.

Albion boss Kulwinder Sandhu said, “The game continued for at least two minutes but it wasn’t until Karl’s shot went in that the officials gave a free-kick to Hemsworth on the edge of our area.”

The weather did have a say as both Thackley and Liversedge were denied home games in the Premier Division. The Dennyboys should have hosted Hall Road Rangers but suffered a very late call-off while Sedge postponed Staveley MW’s trip earlier in the afternoon.