Bradford City won’t pay inflated fee for transfer target

Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Recovering defender Andrew Davies trains with fitness coach Nick Allamby in Tenerife Recovering defender Andrew Davies trains with fitness coach Nick Allamby in Tenerife

City want to beat the deadline by making one more signing before the transfer window slams shut.

But they refuse to be held to ransom as rivals sense there is more money to be had from the Capital One Cup kitty.

The Bantams have made a bid for an unnamed player and hope to get it done before time runs out at 11pm tomorrow.

His club, though, have dug their heels in for a bigger fee – something that City will not match.

Joint-chairman Mark Lawn said: “We are trying to get another player in before the deadline but unfortunately their valuation and our valuation do not match at present.

“It could be an aspect that other clubs have seen what we’ve done in the cup and think they can demand more money. But we won’t be paying what we think is over the odds.”

Phil Parkinson has made three January signings so far – Michael Nelson for £30,000 from Kilmarnock, Andy Gray and Southampton left back Ryan Dickson on loan for the rest of the season.

City are keeping the identity of their latest target under wraps but an attack-minded midfielder has been on the radar.

Rumours have persisted throughout the month about top scorer Nahki Wells, with Leeds, Huddersfield and Wolves among those believed to be watching him. But Lawn stressed once again that there has been no interest registered.

He said: “We’ve had no firm bids or even requests from any football team. Nobody has approached anyone. It’s only the agent that’s been making noises.”

City fly back into Manchester from Tenerife tonight after a four-day break which Parkinson believes will revitalise his squad ahead of the next run of league games and Wembley.

The Bantams boss said: “It’s been a tremendous trip. The lads had a little bit of down time on the first day and the training facilities are first class.

“We’ve been able to utilise the swimming pool and a really good pitch. It’s been great for Andrew Davies and Luke Oliver as well.”

Davies is aiming to make a late bid for the Capital One Cup final and Parkinson felt the trip has really helped the big defender’s progress.

He said: “Andrew’s at the stage (of his recovery) where he is starting running and being able to do it on a good surface every day has been really beneficial for him.

“Back at home you’ve got the hard conditions and running on artificial turf is obviously tough on his knee. It’s been important to get him working on a good grass surface.”

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:47am Wed 30 Jan 13

Scargutt2 says...

Should have rung Tony Hallwood at Leeds Bradford again - after he donated 11 flights to Heathrow, i'm sure he'd have done a deal for flights to Tenerife. Shouldn't be using Manc airport.
Should have rung Tony Hallwood at Leeds Bradford again - after he donated 11 flights to Heathrow, i'm sure he'd have done a deal for flights to Tenerife. Shouldn't be using Manc airport. Scargutt2
  • Score: 0

8:54am Wed 30 Jan 13

gentlemanbob says...

Hi Gents

Sensible thingking from the Chairmann.
Why pay more,,??


Yors

Gentlemanbob
Hi Gents Sensible thingking from the Chairmann. Why pay more,,?? Yors Gentlemanbob gentlemanbob
  • Score: 0

8:54am Wed 30 Jan 13

tyker2 says...

is the player Jason Kennedy at Rochdale who is not a happy bunny:natural left sided midfield player and aged 26 . He would be ideal to give natural balance
is the player Jason Kennedy at Rochdale who is not a happy bunny:natural left sided midfield player and aged 26 . He would be ideal to give natural balance tyker2
  • Score: 0

9:18am Wed 30 Jan 13

Freddy says...

*
Classic problem within Football Operations. Once they know you have got some money--the price increases above the normal valuation.
*
It is so evident in the Premier League, with Multi-Billion Owners.
*
Should a well placed financial investor or City lottery winner- ( I wish !)- come into the directors regime. Any further financial transactions would become grossly inflated.
*
Whereas I appreciate player speculations from supporters. I don't think they ' HELP' City's negotiations--should those speculation's be correct.
*
* Classic problem within Football Operations. Once they know you have got some money--the price increases above the normal valuation. * It is so evident in the Premier League, with Multi-Billion Owners. * Should a well placed financial investor or City lottery winner- ( I wish !)- come into the directors regime. Any further financial transactions would become grossly inflated. * Whereas I appreciate player speculations from supporters. I don't think they ' HELP' City's negotiations--should those speculation's be correct. * Freddy
  • Score: 0

9:23am Wed 30 Jan 13

theoutsider says...

Beckham !
Beckham ! theoutsider
  • Score: 0

10:09am Wed 30 Jan 13

phil66 says...

Midfielder from Southampton .
Midfielder from Southampton . phil66
  • Score: 0

10:52am Wed 30 Jan 13

czechbantam says...

Paul Scholes - He knows his car will be safe in Bradford!!!
Paul Scholes - He knows his car will be safe in Bradford!!! czechbantam
  • Score: 0

11:08am Wed 30 Jan 13

Birky_Neil says...

Anyone tried booking tickets yet online?
Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time.
Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out.
Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits.
Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem. Birky_Neil
  • Score: 0

11:18am Wed 30 Jan 13

Dugoutboy says...

Birky_Neil wrote:
Anyone tried booking tickets yet online?
Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time.
Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out.
Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits.
Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
[quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted. Dugoutboy
  • Score: 0

11:21am Wed 30 Jan 13

Nickloza says...

Birky_Neil wrote:
Anyone tried booking tickets yet online?
Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time.
Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out.
Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits.
Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
Yea I have mine all done and dusted and I have heard that the £40 tickets have gone already not confirmed though.
[quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]Yea I have mine all done and dusted and I have heard that the £40 tickets have gone already not confirmed though. Nickloza
  • Score: 0

11:21am Wed 30 Jan 13

bcfc1903 says...

Dean Furman from Oldham has been mentioned.....if true... he would be a great signing.
Dean Furman from Oldham has been mentioned.....if true... he would be a great signing. bcfc1903
  • Score: 0

11:28am Wed 30 Jan 13

Birky_Neil says...

Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote:
Anyone tried booking tickets yet online?
Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time.
Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out.
Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits.
Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free.
You not read my comment properly?
Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website!
[quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.[/p][/quote]Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website! Birky_Neil
  • Score: 0

11:31am Wed 30 Jan 13

tyker2 says...

still waiting:this is terrible

no e commerce site should have such delays EVER.

THEY ARE USING COMPUSERVE WHICH IS SO OUT DATED AS TO BE UNBELIEVABLE.
still waiting:this is terrible no e commerce site should have such delays EVER. THEY ARE USING COMPUSERVE WHICH IS SO OUT DATED AS TO BE UNBELIEVABLE. tyker2
  • Score: 0

11:34am Wed 30 Jan 13

Birky_Neil says...

tyker2 wrote:
still waiting:this is terrible

no e commerce site should have such delays EVER.

THEY ARE USING COMPUSERVE WHICH IS SO OUT DATED AS TO BE UNBELIEVABLE.
At last someone agrees with me!
Not like I don't know what I am talking about either being a web developer.
I will design your next site Please Bradford City.
[quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: still waiting:this is terrible no e commerce site should have such delays EVER. THEY ARE USING COMPUSERVE WHICH IS SO OUT DATED AS TO BE UNBELIEVABLE.[/p][/quote]At last someone agrees with me! Not like I don't know what I am talking about either being a web developer. I will design your next site Please Bradford City. Birky_Neil
  • Score: 0

11:35am Wed 30 Jan 13

lawsonio123 says...

Some Clubs try at this late stage to over charge for players. City are quite right not to pay more than they value the player for. Mr Parkinson has a amount of cash he can spend and i am sure he will spend it in citys best interests On to Fleetwood and a win will do us the world of good Good Luck City
Some Clubs try at this late stage to over charge for players. City are quite right not to pay more than they value the player for. Mr Parkinson has a amount of cash he can spend and i am sure he will spend it in citys best interests On to Fleetwood and a win will do us the world of good Good Luck City lawsonio123
  • Score: 0

11:38am Wed 30 Jan 13

Dugoutboy says...

Birky_Neil wrote:
Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Not gone out yet then.
[quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Not gone out yet then. Dugoutboy
  • Score: 0

11:46am Wed 30 Jan 13

Rambo says...

Birky_Neil wrote:
tyker2 wrote:
still waiting:this is terrible

no e commerce site should have such delays EVER.

THEY ARE USING COMPUSERVE WHICH IS SO OUT DATED AS TO BE UNBELIEVABLE.
At last someone agrees with me!
Not like I don't know what I am talking about either being a web developer.
I will design your next site Please Bradford City.
Don't bother. Its one company who does all the football league sites and the clubs are contracted to it.
[quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: still waiting:this is terrible no e commerce site should have such delays EVER. THEY ARE USING COMPUSERVE WHICH IS SO OUT DATED AS TO BE UNBELIEVABLE.[/p][/quote]At last someone agrees with me! Not like I don't know what I am talking about either being a web developer. I will design your next site Please Bradford City.[/p][/quote]Don't bother. Its one company who does all the football league sites and the clubs are contracted to it. Rambo
  • Score: 0

12:12pm Wed 30 Jan 13

bantamchris says...

Not gonna lie, massive farce, got kicked out of website as it said i could only buy 3 tickets despite having 6 season tickets linked to it, so 1/2 a ticket per season ticket is supposedly right!

Ended up ringing the number and was then charged £1.50 per ticket for the privilege.

All in all an expensive £1300 odd.

But... we're going to Wembley!!
Not gonna lie, massive farce, got kicked out of website as it said i could only buy 3 tickets despite having 6 season tickets linked to it, so 1/2 a ticket per season ticket is supposedly right! Ended up ringing the number and was then charged £1.50 per ticket for the privilege. All in all an expensive £1300 odd. But... we're going to Wembley!! bantamchris
  • Score: 0

12:45pm Wed 30 Jan 13

Citygentleman1968 says...

Good luck to you all guys. Unfortunately I am one of the people that have to wait until general sale due to location. I sincerely hope everyone who wants a ticket will get one and that we all enjoy the day. Regardless what happens, it's the fairytale that people said was impossible. WE ALL DARED TO DREAM!
Good luck to you all guys. Unfortunately I am one of the people that have to wait until general sale due to location. I sincerely hope everyone who wants a ticket will get one and that we all enjoy the day. Regardless what happens, it's the fairytale that people said was impossible. WE ALL DARED TO DREAM! Citygentleman1968
  • Score: 0

12:58pm Wed 30 Jan 13

Plastic Bantam says...

Birky_Neil wrote:
Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website!
You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?!
[quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.[/p][/quote]Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website![/p][/quote]You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?! Plastic Bantam
  • Score: 0

1:04pm Wed 30 Jan 13

cullboy says...

Logged on 9.05. 2 hr wait came up but done and dusted by 10.30 great site no problems
Logged on 9.05. 2 hr wait came up but done and dusted by 10.30 great site no problems cullboy
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Wed 30 Jan 13

shoesmaker4 says...

im the same city gentlemen the lady i spoke to says thay go on genral sale after the 13th so me and my mate hope to get them then
im the same city gentlemen the lady i spoke to says thay go on genral sale after the 13th so me and my mate hope to get them then shoesmaker4
  • Score: 0

1:05pm Wed 30 Jan 13

tyker2 says...

Plastic Bantam wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote:
Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website!
You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?!
unless you are going on holiday any time soon
[quote][p][bold]Plastic Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.[/p][/quote]Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website![/p][/quote]You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?![/p][/quote]unless you are going on holiday any time soon tyker2
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Wed 30 Jan 13

Birky_Neil says...

cullboy wrote:
Logged on 9.05. 2 hr wait came up but done and dusted by 10.30 great site no problems
Don't understand as I logged on at the same time and 5 hours later still waiting.
[quote][p][bold]cullboy[/bold] wrote: Logged on 9.05. 2 hr wait came up but done and dusted by 10.30 great site no problems[/p][/quote]Don't understand as I logged on at the same time and 5 hours later still waiting. Birky_Neil
  • Score: 0

2:01pm Wed 30 Jan 13

Freddy says...

*
My Son Logged on at 08.30. At 09.15 he ordered the tickets went to pay/collect from basket etc. WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE.
*
He was then put to the back of a THREE hour queue. On attempting again exactly the same operation--with everything correct --HE WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE AGAIN!!!!.
*
Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh DEAR !!!!.
*
Not good bud.!
*
Hope those coming from ALL OVER the world. Don't experience these problems !!!
*
Not being able to go to the 6 window ticket office--unless your disabled,is very poor.
*
The City Admin. Organisation needs to up their game. We will not win the Cup Final at this very slow progress rate.
*
* My Son Logged on at 08.30. At 09.15 he ordered the tickets went to pay/collect from basket etc. WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE. * He was then put to the back of a THREE hour queue. On attempting again exactly the same operation--with everything correct --HE WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE AGAIN!!!!. * Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh DEAR !!!!. * Not good bud.! * Hope those coming from ALL OVER the world. Don't experience these problems !!! * Not being able to go to the 6 window ticket office--unless your disabled,is very poor. * The City Admin. Organisation needs to up their game. We will not win the Cup Final at this very slow progress rate. * Freddy
  • Score: 0

2:54pm Wed 30 Jan 13

CheltCityFan says...

Freddy wrote:
*
My Son Logged on at 08.30. At 09.15 he ordered the tickets went to pay/collect from basket etc. WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE.
*
He was then put to the back of a THREE hour queue. On attempting again exactly the same operation--with everything correct --HE WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE AGAIN!!!!.
*
Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh DEAR !!!!.
*
Not good bud.!
*
Hope those coming from ALL OVER the world. Don't experience these problems !!!
*
Not being able to go to the 6 window ticket office--unless your disabled,is very poor.
*
The City Admin. Organisation needs to up their game. We will not win the Cup Final at this very slow progress rate.
*
I had some problems, too, online -waited two and a half hours then was logged out before I had chance to buy anything!! Decided to call on the phone line and got through after 20 odd minutes and ordered with no problems. I probably saved money, too, as there was no way for the Arsenal match online to get a junior seat so ended up paying full amount. At least by phone you can get a concession!! All booked now - can't wait!
[quote][p][bold]Freddy[/bold] wrote: * My Son Logged on at 08.30. At 09.15 he ordered the tickets went to pay/collect from basket etc. WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE. * He was then put to the back of a THREE hour queue. On attempting again exactly the same operation--with everything correct --HE WAS THROWN OFF THE SITE AGAIN!!!!. * Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh DEAR !!!!. * Not good bud.! * Hope those coming from ALL OVER the world. Don't experience these problems !!! * Not being able to go to the 6 window ticket office--unless your disabled,is very poor. * The City Admin. Organisation needs to up their game. We will not win the Cup Final at this very slow progress rate. *[/p][/quote]I had some problems, too, online -waited two and a half hours then was logged out before I had chance to buy anything!! Decided to call on the phone line and got through after 20 odd minutes and ordered with no problems. I probably saved money, too, as there was no way for the Arsenal match online to get a junior seat so ended up paying full amount. At least by phone you can get a concession!! All booked now - can't wait! CheltCityFan
  • Score: 0

3:49pm Wed 30 Jan 13

moanmoanwhingewhinge says...

tyker2 wrote:
Plastic Bantam wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote:
Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website!
You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?!
unless you are going on holiday any time soon
I believe they have the Internet abroad now......
[quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Plastic Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.[/p][/quote]Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website![/p][/quote]You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?![/p][/quote]unless you are going on holiday any time soon[/p][/quote]I believe they have the Internet abroad now...... moanmoanwhingewhinge
  • Score: 0

3:53pm Wed 30 Jan 13

BCFCBoothy1 says...

Citygentleman1968 wrote:
Good luck to you all guys. Unfortunately I am one of the people that have to wait until general sale due to location. I sincerely hope everyone who wants a ticket will get one and that we all enjoy the day. Regardless what happens, it's the fairytale that people said was impossible. WE ALL DARED TO DREAM!
Same as you Gentleman...

I live in London, so if I am not lucky enough to get a ticket when they go on general release i will be up there at wembley looking for a tout as I bet they will somehow manage to scoop up a load, they always do!

Oh we dared to dream, and haven't woken up....yet!!!!
CTID
[quote][p][bold]Citygentleman1968[/bold] wrote: Good luck to you all guys. Unfortunately I am one of the people that have to wait until general sale due to location. I sincerely hope everyone who wants a ticket will get one and that we all enjoy the day. Regardless what happens, it's the fairytale that people said was impossible. WE ALL DARED TO DREAM![/p][/quote]Same as you Gentleman... I live in London, so if I am not lucky enough to get a ticket when they go on general release i will be up there at wembley looking for a tout as I bet they will somehow manage to scoop up a load, they always do! Oh we dared to dream, and haven't woken up....yet!!!! CTID BCFCBoothy1
  • Score: 0

9:29pm Wed 30 Jan 13

settler07 says...

Midfielder is Byron Moore from Crewe. Not looking likely though as Crewe have upoed the price - tossers.
Midfielder is Byron Moore from Crewe. Not looking likely though as Crewe have upoed the price - tossers. settler07
  • Score: 0

9:32pm Wed 30 Jan 13

Whoisevans? says...

Can't see why we need another midfielder unless Parky is not happy with the goal contribution from midfield? Ravenhill. Ricky Jones, Gary Jones,also Atkinson if you want to play him there.
Can't see why we need another midfielder unless Parky is not happy with the goal contribution from midfield? Ravenhill. Ricky Jones, Gary Jones,also Atkinson if you want to play him there. Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

12:42pm Thu 31 Jan 13

tyker2 says...

moanmoanwhingewhinge wrote:
tyker2 wrote:
Plastic Bantam wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote:
Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website!
You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?!
unless you are going on holiday any time soon
I believe they have the Internet abroad now......
very rarely in Zanzibar!!!
[quote][p][bold]moanmoanwhingewhinge[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tyker2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Plastic Bantam[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.[/p][/quote]Like I said does not cost much to adapt a site. I could of done it for free. You not read my comment properly? Don't need to be a premier league club to have a better website![/p][/quote]You've got 2 weeks to get them, you're guaranteed to get some, why not just wait a few days!?!?![/p][/quote]unless you are going on holiday any time soon[/p][/quote]I believe they have the Internet abroad now......[/p][/quote]very rarely in Zanzibar!!! tyker2
  • Score: 0

1:16pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Waynus1971 says...

Dugoutboy wrote:
Birky_Neil wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.
It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.
Don't know how you managed that..! The tickets didn't become available until 9am. You only get 30mins per session before you get signed out (and 5 mins of non-activity).

If you logged on at 8:30, you will have automatically been logged out at 9:00, just as the tickets were coming available....! I waited until 8:40 (as I anticipated that I would be done by 9:10), but got put straight into the queue which increased from 25mins to 2hrs. I then had to endure many problems and ended up coming back out without purchasing my tickets....!

I see there is now a warning message about booking multiple. It states that you have to change the names for each clutch and 'update basket' each time, instead of trying to do them all at the end. If only it had said this earlier, it could have prevented many problems.
[quote][p][bold]Dugoutboy[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Birky_Neil[/bold] wrote: Anyone tried booking tickets yet online? Went on at 0905 this morning and was put in a 2 hr waiting time. Now the counter has gone past 2hr mark and I need to go out. Not impressed as being a web developer this site could of been adapted for not much money to cope with high volumes of hits. Bet Man U fans or Chelsea fans don't get this problem.[/p][/quote]It has stated fo ages that they go on sale at 9am. Also Braford City reminded people that they are a fourth Div club and do not have the facilities that Premier club can afford. So you should have logged on before 9am. I started logging in at 830am it took 20mins to log in with the wait and I got the tickets i wanted.[/p][/quote]Don't know how you managed that..! The tickets didn't become available until 9am. You only get 30mins per session before you get signed out (and 5 mins of non-activity). If you logged on at 8:30, you will have automatically been logged out at 9:00, just as the tickets were coming available....! I waited until 8:40 (as I anticipated that I would be done by 9:10), but got put straight into the queue which increased from 25mins to 2hrs. I then had to endure many problems and ended up coming back out without purchasing my tickets....! I see there is now a warning message about booking multiple. It states that you have to change the names for each clutch and 'update basket' each time, instead of trying to do them all at the end. If only it had said this earlier, it could have prevented many problems. Waynus1971
  • Score: 0

1:58pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Waynus1971 says...

Whoisevans? wrote:
Can't see why we need another midfielder unless Parky is not happy with the goal contribution from midfield? Ravenhill. Ricky Jones, Gary Jones,also Atkinson if you want to play him there.
Well, I personally, would want another midfielder; preferably an attacking one. Jones and Doyle have been immense, but let's face it, the back-up is no way near as good. Ravenhill could fill in for Doyle (if needed), but I haven't been impressed by Jones when he has played this season. Perhaps that's the trouble with playing bit parts and often out of their normal position.

I would also like to have seen us bring in cover for Hanson. He works tirelessly for the team and I think it would be good to be in a position where we could, if we needed to, rest him. Gray is a different kind of player altogether.

Yes, for me, we need a centre forward and an attacking midfielder
[quote][p][bold]Whoisevans?[/bold] wrote: Can't see why we need another midfielder unless Parky is not happy with the goal contribution from midfield? Ravenhill. Ricky Jones, Gary Jones,also Atkinson if you want to play him there.[/p][/quote]Well, I personally, would want another midfielder; preferably an attacking one. Jones and Doyle have been immense, but let's face it, the back-up is no way near as good. Ravenhill could fill in for Doyle (if needed), but I haven't been impressed by Jones when he has played this season. Perhaps that's the trouble with playing bit parts and often out of their normal position. I would also like to have seen us bring in cover for Hanson. He works tirelessly for the team and I think it would be good to be in a position where we could, if we needed to, rest him. Gray is a different kind of player altogether. Yes, for me, we need a centre forward and an attacking midfielder Waynus1971
  • Score: 0

9:15pm Thu 31 Jan 13

Whoisevans? says...

Maybe Parky wants to try playing something different with Gray up front. I assume you are talking about Ricky Jones not up to it? I have noticed a few time he doesn't look interested the week penalty he took and goes missing in too many games. We have other options, they could try Gray in a midfield roll just behind the 2 strikers I'm sure someone with his experience would relish that job. He has the ability to hold the ball long enough to bring other players into play. With his age it would not involve too much running and allow the younger players to use their pace. He could be the kind of anchor man we had with John Hawley. A player who can also turn and know where the net is. I can't see us getting a quality Center forward or a top notch midfield player at this stage. I think that Gray could benefit Hanson and allow him some breathing space in games. At times Hanson looks knackered and maybe a lot of the time when he has a chance to have a shot he has no power left in his legs. We would all love to see a big name signing but i'm afraid we aren't going to attract anyone at this stage.
Maybe Parky wants to try playing something different with Gray up front. I assume you are talking about Ricky Jones not up to it? I have noticed a few time he doesn't look interested the week penalty he took and goes missing in too many games. We have other options, they could try Gray in a midfield roll just behind the 2 strikers I'm sure someone with his experience would relish that job. He has the ability to hold the ball long enough to bring other players into play. With his age it would not involve too much running and allow the younger players to use their pace. He could be the kind of anchor man we had with John Hawley. A player who can also turn and know where the net is. I can't see us getting a quality Center forward or a top notch midfield player at this stage. I think that Gray could benefit Hanson and allow him some breathing space in games. At times Hanson looks knackered and maybe a lot of the time when he has a chance to have a shot he has no power left in his legs. We would all love to see a big name signing but i'm afraid we aren't going to attract anyone at this stage. Whoisevans?
  • Score: 0

6:49am Fri 1 Feb 13

tyker2 says...

Kennedy came and went:could not agree terms so let his stay asa unhappy man at Rochdale (his own words )
Kennedy came and went:could not agree terms so let his stay asa unhappy man at Rochdale (his own words ) tyker2
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree