Get involved: send your pictures, video, news and views by texting TANEWS to 80360, or email
Blaze breaks out at Bradford garage
A small fire at a Bradford garage forced 20 residents to temporarily evacuate their homes because of fears over “volatile” gas cylinders.
Police cordoned off Queen’s Road as crews from Bradford fire station tackled the blaze at R and M Autos in Studley Road, near Peel Park, shortly after 10am today.
Mark Rogerson, watch commander, said staff at the site had been welding with an oxy acetylene cylinder when the fire broke out, which could have “exploded” in the heat.
He said: “There are new guidelines which say we need to set up a 200m cordon for two hours, which is why Queen’s Road was closed and people had to leave their homes."